Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: We lost, no complaints.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 am 

I'm relieved that we left still faecally continent and with a bonus point, bearing in mind it was the mighty England, coached by Eddie Jones, in Twickenham. I respect all the ref's decisions, that's why we have them. The TMO favoured us in 2012 and got us the triple crown. Let's face it the first English try was our fault, the second came at the end of sustained pressure. We had chances and blew them eg couldn't Shingler hear Gareth Davies screaming in his ear after his break? We stopped England scoring in the second half and their forwards looked knackered. England won but that doesn't mean that Gatland made bad selections, nor that some ,of the newer caps should be dumped and 'obviously not an international centre/wing/outside half/scrum half.' I'm not claiming a moral victory, but to get a losing bonus point means(usually unless time is up when you get it) that you were in a position to draw/win at the death, which to achieve at Twickenham with the available players wasn't bad, if you are willing to be objective.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 pm 

The uptick in performance since November is remarkable, might be that Gatland targets the 6n and isn’t that fussed over the AI’s but whatever it is Wales have confounded expectations and are very handy and in with a shout of winning the whole thing. The game against Ireland should be a cracker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 pm 

Agree. No complaints from me either. If we were in a European pool now we'd be saying what a great bonus point that was

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 pm 

Lorthern Nights wrote:
The uptick in performance since November is remarkable, might be that Gatland targets the 6n and isn’t that fussed over the AI’s but whatever it is Wales have confounded expectations and are very handy and in with a shout of winning the whole thing. The game against Ireland should be a cracker

Our defense is not as good as England's and now with Henshaw out, I expect Ireland to defend even more narrow. Teams catch us out wide quite often. Liam may be back as well as well as 1/2p.

Ireland are very good at home, but I don't see how we'll break down that defense.

We can beat them in an arm wrestle and I think that's what the game will be.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:20 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

Our defense is not as good as England's and now with Henshaw out, I expect Ireland to defend even more narrow. Teams catch us out wide quite often. Liam may be back as well as well as 1/2p.

Ireland are very good at home, but I don't see how we'll break down that defense.

We can beat them in an arm wrestle and I think that's what the game will be.

I don't mind you losing to Wales, just beat England! :nod:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:21 pm 

I’m really worried about the Ireland game now. If we continue with the Davies shitkick approach. Less worried about our front five, a marked improvement since last year’s French game. Really missed JD2 and Webb the most. Biggar wouldn’t have made any difference.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:43 pm 

What's the prognosis on the Henshaw and Furlong injuries?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:47 pm 

Better team won yesterday.
No complaints at all. The score flattered Wales IMHO.
Some of the bleating about Garces is pathetic tbh from both sets of supporters.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:47 pm 

Fenman wrote:

Furlong may be back. Henshaw is out for the season

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:49 pm 

Fenman wrote:

Henshaw dislocated his shoulder. Out for the long term. Furlong isn't too bad I think, wouldn't be surprised to see him come back in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 pm 

c69 wrote:
Better team won yesterday.
No complaints at all. The score flattered Wales IMHO.
Some of the bleating about Garces is pathetic tbh from both sets of supporters.

Well said. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 pm 

No complaints from us in general except for....him