Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: #Zexit Countdown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:25 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sorry, I don't accept that.

Yes there is underlying racism but it's becoming far more class base then skin colour based. For more than 20 years young people have been going to school together and growing up together. By far and large people get on with each other and smile chat etc.

However, I have many close friends who have done the run over the last few years and some spout the most unbelievably racist stuff including jokes on whatsapp etc.

If you think that racism in SA is underlying, then you are deluded. When I moved back to SA last year I was shocked at it, both the outrageous racism to the casual braai-talk racism. It's everywhere and it comes from both sides. I agree on the class thing - that is found everywhere in the world - but class in SA is still defined by skin colour.

I agree that the younger generation are less prone to it, but there were also instances in my kids school regurgitating awful stuff they had clearly heard their parents say.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:28 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
A moron is someone who stalks other posters off board. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The infamous signed Sharks jersey! Good times. :lol:
DraadkarD wrote:
don't know why a made up PR word bothers you so much?

It's not made up on PR though, and he is a Zimbo. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

CR elected.

Post subject: Re: #Zexit Countdown
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm 

assfly wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Sorry, I don't accept that.

Yes there is underlying racism but it's becoming far more class base then skin colour based. For more than 20 years young people have been going to school together and growing up together. By far and large people get on with each other and smile chat etc.

However, I have many close friends who have done the run over the last few years and some spout the most unbelievably racist stuff including jokes on whatsapp etc.

If you think that racism in SA is underlying, then you are deluded. When I moved back to SA last year I was shocked at it, both the outrageous racism to the casual braai-talk racism. It's everywhere and it comes from both sides. I agree on the class thing - that is found everywhere in the world - but class in SA is still defined by skin colour.

I agree that the younger generation are less prone to it, but there were also instances in my kids school regurgitating awful stuff they had clearly heard their parents say.

I agree.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm 

ox wagon wrote:

Give it as rest, Ox. It was used on PR long before that article was written. Can't remember who coined it, tho?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:37 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
CR elected.

Great news. a Game farmer from Limpopo is now our president! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm 

DraadkarD wrote:
ox wagon wrote:

Give it as rest, Ox. It was used on PR long before that article was written. Can't remember who coined it, tho?

Unless PR was running in the 1970's then it was not made up here

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:42 pm 

DraadkarD wrote:
Give it as rest, Ox.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:43 pm 

DraadkarD wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
CR elected.

A man who broke his oath to uphold the Constitution, several times - according to FreeStater Terror Lekota.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:44 pm 

argus wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
ox wagon wrote:

It is as old as Rhodesia post UDI.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
argus wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
ox wagon wrote:

It is as old as Rhodesia post UDI.

Yip

Chickenrunning and "taking the gap" were the two expressions commonly used

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm 

Since the ex Zimbo's are so offended by the term "chicken runner" I propose we come up with a new term. Any ideas?
Maybe fleeing foul, terrified turkeys, ducking ducks or maybe we should move away from bird’s altogether, perhaps racist running rats?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:06 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
Since the ex Zimbo's are so offended by the term "chicken runner" I propose we come up with a new term. Any ideas?
Maybe fleeing foul, terrified turkeys, ducking ducks or maybe we should move away from bird’s altogether, perhaps racist running rats?

Cowering Cobus?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm 

Average Joe wrote:

Classicly known as Whenwe's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm 

Average Joe wrote:

Galloping guineafowls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm 

Patricia de Lille survived a DA led MoNC, by 110-109, 3 abstentions.

DA has a cat amongst the chickens, now ....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 pm 

So CR officially elected prez?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:13 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Classicly known as Whenwe's

My dad use to call them that also cause they were always whenweing all over the place ""It was better whenwe...." "whenwe were in Rodisia..."
Got right on his tits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm 

I use the term "chickenrunner" in a joking fashion only. I always thought it was meant as such. It's only since I've been on PR that I've seen people getting so worked up about people deciding to move to another country.

In my opinion, it's ridiculous and childish to look down on "chickenrunners".

If a person wants to move to another country, whether for safety concerns (be it real or perceived), better opportunities, experience, curiosity of other cultures......whatever the reason.....it's their own choice. And not one of those reasons is an indication that the person doesn't necessarily still love his land of birth.

Even on a smaller scale - say somebody deciding to move from an ANC-controlled metro to a DA-controlled one, or even decide he/she/ze would rather stay between their own (e.g. Orania), so what?

Just ask yourself, how is that person staying in Canada/Australia/New Zealand/USA/Orania affecting your day-to-day living. It isn't.

Stop this foolishness.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 pm 

Great speech by our Prez :thumbup:

Looking forward to see how this will pan out. a New chapter for us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:23 pm 

Average Joe wrote:

I am not in the slightest bit offended by the term. Like I put in my earlier post, I'm just curious as to why South Africa is the only country that has a specific derogatory title for expats. An interesting discussion has ensued, albeit with your childish contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:23 pm 

I see the Guptas and their cronies got bail.......... :x

Case postponed to August

Starting to look like it was all just a show..........

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:24 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
CR elected.

A man who broke his oath to uphold the Constitution, several times - according to FreeStater Terror Lekota.

I heard my friend Terror mentioning that.

Must admit, he might have a point (I'm no lawyer...DEFINITELY NOT WT!!!.....). Wasn't the whole of parliament found to have failed in their duties to uphold the constitution wrt not taking action against JZ?

If that's the case, then Terror has a point; may any of the JZ government still hold office? And if so, wouldn't that affect the opposition too? Or would it require yet another verdict by the ConCourt?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm 

Sards wrote:
I see the Guptas and their cronies got bail.......... :x

Case postponed to August

Starting to look like it was all just a show..........

The timing was rather suspicious.

Cyril with a show of power just to help JZ help make up his mind?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:31 pm 

troglodiet wrote:
I use the term "chickenrunner" in a joking fashion only. I always thought it was meant as such. It's only since I've been on PR that I've seen people getting so worked up about people deciding to move to another country.

If a person wants to move to another country, whether for safety concerns (be it real or perceived), better opportunities, experience, curiosity of other cultures......whatever the reason.....it's their own choice. And not one of those reasons is an indication that the person doesn't necessarily still love his land of birth.

Even on a smaller scale - say somebody deciding to move from an ANC-controlled metro to a DA-controlled one, or even decide he/she/ze would rather stay between their own (e.g. Orania), so what?

Just ask yourself, how is that person staying in Canada/Australia/New Zealand/USA/Orania affecting your day-to-day living. It isn't.

Stop this foolishness.

Good post, just plain common sense.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:32 pm 

Quote:
The timing was rather suspicious.

Cyril with a show of power just to help JZ help make up his mind?

What else ?

More than 50% of CR's ANC NEC and NWC are still Zuma supporters... He can be recalled very very quickly ....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:39 pm 

Headline, on Google News Headlines

Quote:
WANTED: Ajay Gupta, fugitive from justice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:56 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Headline, on Google News Headlines

Quote:
WANTED: Ajay Gupta, fugitive from justice

Quote:
A manhunt is underway for former President Jacob Zuma’s son, Duduzani....

So much reason for festivities in that one part of the first sentence alone.

FORMER prez JZ.
Manhunt for his son. (If this was Canada it would've been a personhunt).

Enough cause for celebration that even I am contemplating getting dronk.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm 

fudge me, I am seeing boerdies posting here since forever, presumed dead or just not bothered with SA Rugby anymore like me.

Great news the last couple of days though. Ajay Gupta is now a fugitive and Zuma's brat son is also sought.

And I hope the little bastard gets a murder charge slapped on him as well, for that woman that died when he crashed his Porsche into a taxi.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm 

handyman wrote:
troglodiet wrote:

Stop this foolishness.

It's ex patriot. As in a former patriot of South Africa. Chicken runner is a soft term.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:34 pm 

troglodiet wrote:
Enough cause for celebration that even I am contemplating getting dronk.

Don't do it. I'm not calling you from the states again to have you hang up on me. :x ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:35 pm 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
troglodiet wrote:

Stop this foolishness.

It's ex patriot. As in a former patriot of South Africa. Chicken runner is a soft term.

Nah, only if you give up SA citizenship for another. At least that's my definition ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:01 pm 

Only thing that pisses SAN's off about chicken runners is their never ending, ongoing, running the country down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Only thing that pisses SAN's off about chicken runners is their never ending, ongoing, running the country down.

No, we run down the people. The country is lovely. :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

Very common with those who are fresh off the boat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
CR elected.

So Cyridle is the man now.

Are folks generally happy with this selection? Is this man a unifier? Would the folks who used to vote for the National Party reckon that this is an improvement??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 pm 

Or the opposite angle is that chicken runner is used out of spite because on the whole the 'chicken runners' have done pretty well for themselves in economies that have grown massively since the early 90s (UK, Aus, US) whereas in SA there is still uncertainty and big volatility in the Rand.

I understand that anger, to be honest. You don't want returning SA expats because they got a leg up and now just want to move back, start to braai and pretend that nothing ever happened. I get it. But that emotion is born out of anger rather than love, isn't that what the new SA is based on?

'Chicken runners' could bring a lot of much needed investment and stability to the country. But you let pride get in the way of that, if you want SA to go down the drain.

I haven't met any fellow souties abroad who were racist. Where is Orania again? It's not in the UK, I can tell you that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 pm 

Miguel Indurain wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
CR elected.

So Cyridle is the man now.

Are folks generally happy with this selection? Is this man a unifier? Would the folks who used to vote for the National Party reckon that this is an improvement??

Yes. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

They do it because in their minds, it justifies their decision, just like the "kilngons" who abuse the chicken runners, they do so to justify their decision to stay.

Both are equally pathetic and insecure, live your life, enjoy it where ever you are!

Yours Chicken running whenwe #lovinglifehopeyouaretoo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 pm 

Last edited by saffer13 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next