Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
CR elected.

So Cyridle is the man now.

Are folks generally happy with this selection? Is this man a unifier? Would the folks who used to vote for the National Party reckon that this is an improvement??

Yes. :thumbup:

That's positive. Would you have been a National Party voter back in the day??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:56 pm 

jambanja wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Only thing that pisses SAN's off about chicken runners is their never ending, ongoing, running the country down.

They do it because in their minds, it justifies their decision, just like the "kilngons" who abuse the chicken runners, they do so to justify their decision to stay.

Both are equally pathetic and insecure, live your life, enjoy it where ever you are!

Yours Chicken running whenwe #lovinglifehopeyouaretoo

For those that do run the country down, I agree with you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 pm 

englishchief wrote:
Or the opposite angle is that chicken runner is used out of spite because on the whole the 'chicken runners' have done pretty well for themselves in economies that have grown massively since the early 90s (UK, Aus, US) whereas in SA there is still uncertainty and big volatility in the Rand.

I understand that anger, to be honest. You don't want returning SA expats because they got a leg up and now just want to move back, start to braai and pretend that nothing ever happened. I get it. But that emotion is born out of anger rather than love, isn't that what the new SA is based on?

'Chicken runners' could bring a lot of much needed investment and stability to the country. But you let pride get in the way of that, if you want SA to go down the drain.

I haven't met any fellow souties abroad who were racist. Where is Orania again? It's not in the UK, I can tell you that.

I have unfortunately and there is a group of them that tend to be a little more "brave" when they are posting their hate on social media....that being said, I am honestly saddened at how much outright racism there still is in SA whenever I visit. assfly is right about the "casual racism" around the braai that is very common. My last visit I quite enjoyed irritating a few old toppies at a local wimpy in PE while visiting with my black friend and his coloured wife and their little girl for lunch. You should have seen the look on those fellas faces when we walked in and I greeted her with a kiss and he greeted my wife with the same. I probably ruined their entire meal experience :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:02 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Or the opposite angle is that chicken runner is used out of spite because on the whole the 'chicken runners' have done pretty well for themselves in economies that have grown massively since the early 90s (UK, Aus, US) whereas in SA there is still uncertainty and big volatility in the Rand.

I understand that anger, to be honest. You don't want returning SA expats because they got a leg up and now just want to move back, start to braai and pretend that nothing ever happened. I get it. But that emotion is born out of anger rather than love, isn't that what the new SA is based on?

'Chicken runners' could bring a lot of much needed investment and stability to the country. But you let pride get in the way of that, if you want SA to go down the drain.

I haven't met any fellow souties abroad who were racist. Where is Orania again? It's not in the UK, I can tell you that.

I have unfortunately and there is a group of them that tend to be a little more "brave" when they are posting their hate on social media....that being said, I am honestly saddened at how much outright racism there still is in SA whenever I visit. assfly is right about the "casual racism" around the braai that is very common. My last visit I quite enjoyed irritating a few old toppies at a local wimpy in PE while visiting with my black friend and his coloured wife and their little girl for lunch. You should have seen the look on those fellas faces when we walked in and I greeted her with a kiss and he greeted my wife with the same. I probably ruined their entire meal experience :lol:

I can believe you, which is why I find it hard to believe when people start accusing the 'chicken runners' of being the racists.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 pm 

I only know a few Saffers here. One only wants to talk cricket, the others touch on rugby but generally the talk is family and business. None of them talk about South Africa other than family back there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:20 pm 

englishchief wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
englishchief wrote:

I can believe you, which is why I find it hard to believe when people start accusing the 'chicken runners' of being the racists.

I say again, it's about justification. "you left so you must have done so because you didn't want to live under a black govt" That sort of shite

Making assessments on peoples decisions without knowing them or their circumstances is just ignorant, which is why I kinda agree with whoever said that when people start throwing the term "chicken runner" about (in a non joking way) then you generally are dealing with an idiot and should ignore most of what they say right after the chicken runner bit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 pm 

englishchief wrote:

Orania is home to about 1000 people and is a shithole. One of my staff's mothers lives there .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 am 

englishchief wrote:

What a load of shite, there is zero animosity towards returning Saffas.

I haven't met any fellow souties abroad who were racist. .

I find that hard to believe and of course you've heard of Orania. Racist chicken runners are minority and most of the would have left SA in the early 90's and gone to Australia.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:55 am 

saffer13 wrote:
englishchief wrote:

FFS you were eating at the Wimpy. The dining experience was shit in any case.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 am 

Something I found quite interesting when I lived in Cape Town was the racism from colours towards both black and white. It was very casual, but in both the company I worked for and a lot of our clients and suppliers, it was just constant. But I notice that in the general discourse about racism they seem to escape criticism, as racism is always seen as black on white or white on black. Of course this is a generalisation, but it happened often enough to be noticeable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:55 am 

I'm back in SA after 17 years in the UK, and to say chickenrunners are more racist than the locals is ridiculous. Everything in SA, and I mean EVERYTHING, revolves around race. It's ingrained in our society.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 am 

assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Since the ex Zimbo's are so offended by the term "chicken runner" I propose we come up with a new term. Any ideas?
Maybe fleeing foul, terrified turkeys, ducking ducks or maybe we should move away from bird’s altogether, perhaps racist running rats?

I am not in the slightest bit offended by the term. Like I put in my earlier post, I'm just curious as to why South Africa is the only country that has a specific derogatory title for expats. An interesting discussion has ensued, albeit with your childish contribution.

Because I like you as a poster I feel obliged to explain a bit on my childish contribution as you would call it. Frankly I feel the term chicken runner is manly used as a bit of a tease on here and I find it strange that you are having such a serious discussion on it and maybe in my own strange way I tried to bring it to your attention that all the fuss about it was totally unnecessary and a bit over the top.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:48 am 

englishchief wrote:

:lol:

Why on earth would us South Africans be angry at ex-country men making a successful living for them themselves? That makes no sense, boet. Chickenrunners that usually bad mouth South Africa, are expats that had a better quality of life in SA in terms of wealth, but now try to justify their move because at least they live in a first wold country. They think of themselves as political refugees and will only return when Apatheid makes a miraculous
return. :lol:

Orania is filled with Chickenrunner like minded poeple that also dislike the English, so unless the UK or Aussie government is prepared to provide them with an Autonomous Afrikaans only enclave, they will be stuck here in SA where our wonderful constitution actually protects their right to racist tendencies, even though they don't like to think so.

If I get an great opportunity to go and live in another country, I would definitely take it. But, it would have to be much better than my current situation and quality of life.

As for the Zimbo's. I'm really sorry if the term, Chicken runner, is derogatory against you, I only use it for a certain type of SA expat (not all). You guys have had to endure a lot and I don't want in anyway compare our two countries situations. I have great respect for you guys, and I hope to see Zimbabwe rise again in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:56 am 

A racist is a racist. They come in all shapes and sizes all over the world. A bit hard to gauge who is more or less racist between chickerunners and clingons. I recon both groups have their fair share of racists.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 am 

Average Joe wrote:
Because I like you as a poster I feel obliged to explain a bit on my childish contribution as you would call it. Frankly I feel the term chicken runner is manly used as a bit of a tease on here and I find it strange that you are having such a serious discussion on it and maybe in my own strange way I tried to bring it to your attention that all the fuss about it was totally unnecessary and a bit over the top.

:thumbup: it always comes up when there is something political happening in SA. I'm just curious as to why some people take it more serious than others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:23 am 

Average Joe wrote:
A racist is a racist. They come in all shapes and sizes all over the world. A bit hard to gauge who is more or less racist between chickerunners and clingons. I recon both groups have their fair share of racists.

But Chickenrunners are always a little but more racist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:23 am 

Except for ox-wagon, who ells takes it serious?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:27 am 

Average Joe wrote:

DraadkarD wrote:

Right on cue, DraadkarD.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:28 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

How do you even begin to measure that? Is it like Terblanche before he went to prison level or after prison level. E.T.B.P racist or E.T.A.P racist.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 am 

assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

DraadkarD wrote:

Right on cue, DraadkarD.

No one takes Draad serious on here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:36 am 

Average Joe wrote:
assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

DraadkarD wrote:

Right on cue, DraadkarD.

No one takes Draad serious on here.

Draad with his inside info :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:38 am 

Average Joe wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

How do you even begin to measure that? Is it like Terblanche before he went to prison level or after prison level. E.T.B.P racist or E.T.A.P racist.

I think there was an AfricaCheck article from a few years back on Chickenrunners being slightly more racist that the 1% racist white South Africans. I think the article was called "Why did the Chickenrunner cross the border" . I post the link when I find it :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 am 

assfly wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

DraadkarD wrote:

Right on cue, DraadkarD.

Facts don't care about your feeling, assfly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
Facts don't care about your feeling, assfly

That doesn't make any sense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

I think there was an AfricaCheck article from a few years back on Chickenrunners being slightly more racist that the 1% racist white South Africans. I think the article was called "Why did the Chickenrunner cross the border" . I post the link when I find it :thumbup:

Because Alan fokon Solomons he?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:48 am 

Average Joe wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 am 

Average Joe wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
Average Joe wrote:

Hey! Alan still love South Africa, and would never say a bad thing about the country. He was really exited to return before the job was snached from under his nose.

He really is a good example, for Chickenrunners, on how to be a good expat. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 am 

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
:lol: :lol:

Fokken Vrystater. (I am definitely being racist here)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 am 

Nou soek jy vir kak :x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 am 

Draad going full PrideBok with his grammar today. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
Draad going full PrideBok with his grammar today. :thumbup:

You know I'm Afrikaans? English is my third language. I rely mostly on google translate to communicate on this forum

You Chickenrunners just can't understand that not everyone talks english. Classic Chickenrunner ignorance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:15 am 

Average Joe wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:
Vanjaar vat ons daai koppie!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:18 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
You Chickenrunners just can't understand that not everyone talks english.

Oh we understand. You demonstrate that everytime you post :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:21 am 

assfly wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
You Chickenrunners just can't understand that not everyone talks english.

Oh we understand. You demonstrate that everytime you post :lol:

I just want to say that was hurtful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 am 

Almost derogatory? Were you offended?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:28 am 

Average Joe wrote:
Almost derogatory? Were you offended?

No, just feel a eina on the inside.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 am 

Average Joe wrote:

Bliksem hom, Joe !!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 am 

We had a mechanic at my previous job, a cheerful black chap with the name Sam. One day one of the white mechanics said he was going to bliksem him and Sam said he could not bliksem him because he was already black Sam.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:29 am 

Do Klingons agree that Expat Chicken runners will always appear like cop outs. Weak individuals . Not someone you would have covering your back...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next