Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 am 

Souties still support the Afrikaner culture, we do not undermine you. The wife and I used Afrikaans as a joint first language with English, despite it being our second language. It helped that there were some first language speakers nearby to where we lived, we mixed with them a lot.

Sets them up nicely if they ever wish to return to the homeland.

Die terugkeer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 am 

Sards wrote:
Do Klingons agree that Expat Chicken runners will always appear like cop outs. Weak individuals . Not someone you would have covering your back...

Funny, we Runners consider those White Saffers who stayed behind and did well to be typical corrupt 21st century South Africans and are not to be trusted.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am 

You should certainly not trust the ones who sell stainless steel appliances and look as though someone slapped them with a wet comic but the rest of us earthy types are good eggs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
Sards wrote:
Do Klingons agree that Expat Chicken runners will always appear like cop outs. Weak individuals . Not someone you would have covering your back...

Funny, we Runners consider those White Saffers who stayed behind and did well to be typical corrupt 21st century South Africans and are not to be trusted.

I am just saying what I am sure all Klingons actually think......It does not imply that this is actually the case.

Hell , I think Assfly is an awesome chickenrunner and I know he would have my back....but that's how us Sharkies roll....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 am 

Sards wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Sards wrote:

I am just saying what I am sure all Klingons actually think......It does not imply that this is actually the case.

Hell , I think Assfly is an awesome chickenrunner and I know he would have my back....but that's how us Sharkies roll....

Assfly only went as far as Kenya, basically didn't leave home. :)

(I know he also spent time in Europe)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am 

Sards wrote:

I've seen you in a vest - I ain't touching that hairy back!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:51 am 

assfly wrote:
Sards wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm 

Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
Sards wrote:

And we wonder why there are so many Broke Back Mountain references.................................... :?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:38 pm 

Is it a coincidence that chicken runners tend to be Stormers and Tjarks supporters? I think not.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Is it a coincidence that chicken runners tend to be Stormers and Tjarks supporters? I think not.

Valid point

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:57 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Is it a coincidence that chicken runners tend to be Flipfloppers, Stormers and Tjarks supporters? I think not.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Is it a coincidence that chicken runners tend to be Flipfloppers, Stormers and Tjarks supporters? I think not.

Fixed.

Flipflopping is all they know.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm 

The Stormers/WP/Cape Town hate is mind-boggling. Wind in your necks and do what Sards did, move here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:09 pm 

I'm just trying to resurrect a proud family tradition from both my parents' sides. I mean, paternal ancestor chicken ran from Holland in 1669 and from my mother's side it was a German during the 1800's. God only knows why the generations inbetween have been such slackers who couldn't get off their arses and explore a bit further.

Somewhere in the clouds I expect and old "voorvader" to sagely nod his head in approval. :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

Does leaving your home province not count as chicken running?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 pm 

handyman wrote:
The Stormers/WP/Cape Town hate is mind-boggling. Wind in your necks and do what Sards did, move here.

Last time I was down there I met a secesionista. Dumb poes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:16 pm 

argus wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Eh? Born in Germiston. boet. :smug:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:17 pm 

argus wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Word. They're already at the airport, might as well get on a plane going overseas.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
argus wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Word. They're already at the airport, might as well get on a plane going overseas.

To be fair, Sandyvag, I don't lump you (and Oxtwat et al) in with the rest of the hoenders. You at least support your adopted national team even if you're misguided on provincial loyalties.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm 

There are probably the same percentage of racists in both leavers and stayers.

The only overt racial epithets I have heard here were at a SA expat braai I went to when I first got here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:24 pm 

Fangle wrote:

The only overt racial epithets I have heard here were at a SA expat braai I went to when I first got here.

Most casual racism I ever experienced was in Oz. Was sort of innocent as if they had never really met people of another colour.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:26 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Fangle wrote:

Most casual racism I ever experienced was in Oz. Was sort of innocent as if they had never really met people of another colour.

Maybe you just misunderstood, mate is a common word in Aussie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:26 pm 

WTF is casual racism?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm 

Average Joe wrote:
WTF is casual racism?

Yeah sorry. I mean just casually discussed in the classic, why did you let 'them' take over your country mate etc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:31 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
argus wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

To be fair, Sandyvag, I don't lump you (and Oxtwat et al) in with the rest of the hoenders. You at least support your adopted national team even if you're misguided on provincial loyalties.

Make no mistake, I run down plenty of bad Saffer issues when asked about them by Poms over here. However I also point out the good things that are happening out there AND ask the Poms to examine their own issues at the same time. :thumbup:

I also recommend SA as a holiday destination to everyone I meet. Those who go, ALL come back raving!!! :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

Get your council to sort out your potholes and shitty verges. If I could find that pic that A.C. posted I would attach it because that's what that shitty suburb you live in looks like. We may not have much water to grow our grass here but we at least live like decent human beings. And that security boom is such a lolz.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:46 pm 

Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Get your council to sort out your potholes and shitty verges. If I could find that pic that A.C. posted I would attach it because that's what that shitty suburb you live in looks like. We may not have much water to grow our grass here but we at least live like decent human beings. And that security boom is such a lolz.

My suburb is klarse? There is a boom. You haven't been here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:53 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Been there lots boet. There's that shitty mall that's basically closed over December because most of the owners of the shops are on holiday in Cape town and Durban. Mind the petrol station is not bad. And a Spur with aeroplanes and cars and shit outside. Those roads are atricious. I am surprised you lot don't do something about it. Although according to my investigation regarding doing the same in my area , if you boom off an area you become responsible for maintenance of roads. I fu cked up my front shocks on one of the roads

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm 

Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Been there lots boet. There's that shitty mall that's basically closed over December because most of the owners of the shops are on holiday in Cape town and Durban. Mind the petrol station is not bad. And a Spur with aeroplanes and cars and shit outside. Those roads are atricious. I am surprised you lot don't do something about it. Although according to my investigation regarding doing the same in my area , if you boom off an area you become responsible for maintenance of roads. I fu cked up my front shocks on one of the roads

:lol: I'm in Gallo Manor Extension 2 but that shitty mall is my local although it's 2 minutes to Sunninghill, Morningside or Rivonia. Our roads are excellent. We have to maintain them ourselves as we're boomed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:02 pm 

So driving up the hill past the mall on your rhs you turn left into Gallo manor and that's where the boom is

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm 

Sards wrote:
So driving up the hill past the mall on your rhs you turn left into Gallo manor and that's where the boom is

I'm up that hill, left into Gallo Manor Ext 2 just before the mall, just before the petrol station, by the police station. There are definitely no potholes in our area as I run it everyday. What street do you visit?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:15 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:

I'm up that hill, left into Gallo Manor Ext 2 just before the mall, just before the petrol station, by the police station. There are definitely no potholes in our area as I run it everyday. What street do you visit?

Hit a left into Gallo manor past the boom. First left and second right I think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 pm 

2nd right is Satara Avenue?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:

I will look for it next time. That turnoff before the mall doesn't ring a bell. I think there are some very high walled properties there

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:20 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

Doesn't register. I know how to get there but not street names. I just look for the property when taking a long bend in the road . I look for the gate on the lhs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 pm 

Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Doesn't register. I know how to get there but not street names. I just look for the property when taking a long bend in the road . I look for the gate on the lhs

Well regardless, it's close. I'm actually popping up toi that mall now to get some shin for a shin with parmesan and lemon dumplings potjie. We'll have a dop next time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Well regardless, it's close. I'm actually popping up toi that mall now to get some shin for a shin with parmesan and lemon dumplings potjie. We'll have a dop next time.

Cool. I hate driving out that feckin mall. The grocer is in the basement and you have that steep exit to get out and the parking areas are friggin tiny. If you drive a bakkie it's a nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:28 pm 

Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Cool. I hate driving out that feckin mall. The grocer is in the basement and you have that steep exit to get out and the parking areas are friggin tiny. If you drive a bakkie it's a nightmare

No man. You park in the sports car parkings. Extra wide. Right at the entrance by the bottle store where...coincidentally, i'm also going to now. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:40 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
argus wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Eh? Born in Germiston. boet. :smug:

Thought you were from Durban

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next