Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 pm 

Sards wrote:
you have that steep exit to get out and the parking areas are friggin tiny. If you drive a bakkie it's a nightmare

You should let your husband drive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:33 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Sards wrote:
you have that steep exit to get out and the parking areas are friggin tiny. If you drive a bakkie it's a nightmare

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:13 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:16 pm 

Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Or the opposite angle is that chicken runner is used out of spite because on the whole the 'chicken runners' have done pretty well for themselves in economies that have grown massively since the early 90s (UK, Aus, US) whereas in SA there is still uncertainty and big volatility in the Rand.

I understand that anger, to be honest. You don't want returning SA expats because they got a leg up and now just want to move back, start to braai and pretend that nothing ever happened. I get it. But that emotion is born out of anger rather than love, isn't that what the new SA is based on?

'Chicken runners' could bring a lot of much needed investment and stability to the country. But you let pride get in the way of that, if you want SA to go down the drain.

I haven't met any fellow souties abroad who were racist. Where is Orania again? It's not in the UK, I can tell you that.

I have unfortunately and there is a group of them that tend to be a little more "brave" when they are posting their hate on social media....that being said, I am honestly saddened at how much outright racism there still is in SA whenever I visit. assfly is right about the "casual racism" around the braai that is very common. My last visit I quite enjoyed irritating a few old toppies at a local wimpy in PE while visiting with my black friend and his coloured wife and their little girl for lunch. You should have seen the look on those fellas faces when we walked in and I greeted her with a kiss and he greeted my wife with the same. I probably ruined their entire meal experience :lol:

FFS you were eating at the Wimpy. The dining experience was shit in any case.

Had a great kids play area :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:39 pm 

was Zuma at parliament this evening?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:45 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Sards wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Sards wrote:
Do Klingons agree that Expat Chicken runners will always appear like cop outs. Weak individuals . Not someone you would have covering your back...

I sure as hell don't want you covering my back boet. Not with your track record.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 pm 

Monk Zombie wrote:
was Zuma at parliament this evening?

Declined the invite.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:51 pm 

First State President of the Republic of South Africa - one CR Swart.

Latest State President of the Republic of South Africa - one CR. Ook Swart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 pm 

Heaven alone knows why the Ex patriots are so sensitive. They left the country. They made that decision. Dont expect sympathy . Those of us who stuck it out have worked hard to make a living and love our country. I refuse to be diplomatic or sensitive about the matter.
And dont come brag about your charity. Us South African tax payers have been supporting 17 million beneficiaries for years now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
First State President of the Republic of South Africa - one CR Swart.

Latest State President of the Republic of South Africa - one CR. Ook Swart.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:54 pm 

Sards wrote:
Heaven alone knows why the Ex patriots are so sensitive. They left the country. They made that decision. Dont expect sympathy . Those of us who stuck it out have worked hard to make a living and love our country. I refuse to be diplomatic or sensitive about the matter.
And dont come brag about your charity. Us South African tax payers have been supporting 17 million beneficiaries for years now.

Tell us how you really feel you knob :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:59 pm 

Yank, when can we expect your first Bok team? After the Stomps game tomorrow?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:46 pm 

Chilli wrote:
Yank, when can we expect your first Bok team? After the Stomps game tomorrow?

:lol:

Killed it Chilli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm 

There's that clingon humor again. Jislike but it's funny hey.

chilli - at least give me a round or two of SR first boet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 pm 

So now Ramaphosa has said that white farms must be appropriated for the "original" inhabitants. Going to give them all to the San?

Looks as though it really is just all change at the trough.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 pm 

Rowdy wrote:
So now Ramaphosa has said that white farms must be appropriated for the "original" inhabitants. Going to give them all to the San?

Won't happen. Besides CR himself owns some large game farms.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

You know the chickenrunners want it to happen so they can point and laugh

Nothing new to see here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

You know the chickenrunners want it to happen so they can point and laugh

Nothing new to see here

That famous Bloemfontein humour again?
I really have to get used to it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:25 pm 

It isn't going to actually happen under CR, I'm becoming more and more convinced that men like him are fully aware that it would be an idiotic decision to start 'land reforms', but they have to put out some talk every few months to appeal to some voters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:50 pm 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Just checking in to see if he came back 3 days later?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 pm 

englishchief wrote:
It isn't going to actually happen under CR, I'm becoming more and more convinced that men like him are fully aware that it would be an idiotic decision to start 'land reforms', but they have to put out some talk every few months to appeal to some voters.

The ANC would have to change the constitution

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:55 pm 

They just might do that - EFF has already promised support in that ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:39 pm 

Being the tragic I am, I watched CR's SONA speech.

He says expropriation of land without compensation will happen in a way which:

- increases economic production;
- does not disturb food production; and
- "smash and grabs" mugabe-style will be banned.

The only way I can think of which he will do this is by keeping the current farmers on the farms but changing the ownership model where they hold [x] year leases to the local indigenous people. Or perhaps keeping existing farmers but cutting up their farms in half and bringing in "new farmers" to farm the other half and everyone paying leases to the local tribe.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Just checking in to see if he came back 3 days later?

You misunderstood.

They didn't tell him he can come back after 3 days.

What they said was, he may come back after he has counted to three.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:28 am 

Auckman wrote:

The only way I can think of which he will do this is by keeping the current farmers on the farms but changing the ownership model where they hold [x] year leases to the local indigenous people. Or perhaps keeping existing farmers but cutting up their farms in half and bringing in "new farmers" to farm the other half and everyone paying leases to the local tribe.

Who is the local tribe?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 am 

Monk Zombie wrote:
Auckman wrote:

Who is the local tribe?

EFF ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 am 

Don't know who the "local tribe" is. I put it there for want of better words. Indigenous claimants? Dunno.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:52 am 

Auckman wrote:
Don't know who the "local tribe" is. I put it there for want of better words. Indigenous claimants? Dunno.

Indigenous claimants?

That could be any of a hundred tribes, an few thousand clans and a million families within a thousand km radius. Tribal grounds and their allocation are still clearly delineated, in SA. What is unclear is what populist politicians and opportunistic freeloaders think they can get away with.

This is STILL a Communist revolution, remember.

:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 pm 

Chilli wrote:
englishchief wrote:

The ANC would have to change the constitution

Seems they took a step toward doing that today...
Quote:
Cape Town – The National Assembly on Tuesday set in motion a process to amend the Constitution so as to allow for the expropriation of land without compensation.

The motion, brought by the EFF leader Julius Malema, was adopted with a vote of 241 in support, and 83 against.

The only parties who did not support the motion were the DA, Freedom Front Plus, Cope and the ACDP.

The matter will now be referred to the Constitutional Review Committee which must report back to Parliament by August 30.

The EFF's motion originally called for the establishment of an ad hoc committee, which had to report back to the National Assembly by the end of May, but the ANC suggested an amendment, which was supported by the EFF.

There will be a public participation process in the Constitutional Review Committee's work.

Opening the debate on his motion, Malema said: "The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice."

He said they did not seek revenge on white people, but a restoration of black people's dignity, which was deeply rooted in the land.

Gugile Nkwinti, who was minister of rural affairs and land reform until Monday evening (now minister of water affairs), said: "The ANC unequivocally supports the principle of land expropriation without compensation."

"There is no doubt about it, land shall be expropriated without compensation."

DA MP Thandeka Mbabama said there was an indisputable need to right the wrongs of the past, but expropriation without compensation "cannot be part of the solution".

She said it was used to divert attention away from the ANC's failures with land reform, and was a "lie peddled by the ANC, who fears being outflanked on the left by the EFF".

'We want to redress an historic injustice'

Freedom Front Plus leader Pieter Groenewald asked what would happen to the land once it was expropriated.

"If you continue on this course, I can assure you there is going to be unforeseen consequences that is not in the interest of South Africa," he warned.

Cope leader Mosiuoa Lekota said there "is a danger that those who think equality in our lifetime equates that we must dominate whites".

"This is the PAC of '59, it's no longer the African National Congress," he said as he left the podium.

Rural Affairs and Land Reform Deputy Minister Mcebisi Skwatsha said the ANC was committed to building an equal society.

"You should not make the mistake that we want to oppress whites," he said. "We want to redress an historic injustice.

"We want to take everybody along in achieving an equitable society."

Agang MP Andries Tlouamma said: "Those who have taken our land by force, Jesus Christ must reject them."

He urged the ANC to "develop a backbone of steel and stop speaking with a forked tongue".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:09 pm 

In the state land audit released in November 2017 it showed that 72% of the 33% total, privately held, land is in white hands. This is held by 95000 people or 2.11% of the white population.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:48 pm 

So around 23.76% of land is held by white people, individuals.

What about the other odd 76% ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
So around 23.76% of land is held by white people, individuals.

What about the other odd 76% ?

This rural land. Here's the whole picture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 pm 

I suppose they will target empty land, held for development. Land bought for investment. And current agricultural land. Held by whites, of course...

Will they target white peoples' urban properties too, eventually ? And their monetary savings, their pensions and investments ? They already target white business, with BBBE etc...

All part of "property"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:25 pm 

In Cyril we trust.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:35 pm 

They'll have second thoughts once investor withdrawal and the crashing of the rand starts. Unless they're idiots. Oh wait...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:14 pm 

Quote:
"There is no motion there saying expropriation of rural land. We're saying expropriation of land
without compensation. So the question of urban or rural doesn't arise," said Malema.
"Every land in South Africa should be expropriated without compensation and it will be under the
state. The state should be the custodian of the land," he explained.
"No one is going to lose his or her house, no one is going to lose his or her flat, no one is going to
lose his or her factory or industry. All [that] we are saying is they will not have the ownership of
the land," he said.
"They will have a lease, depending on what the arrangement is, particularly as it relates to the
outcome of the Constitutional review process.
"You'll see, once we find land is owned by the state, we're going to find a lot of idle land which is
not being used for any purpose. And that land should then immediately be made available to be
used, particularly by the previously disadvantaged people."

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/e ... e-20180227

Tja. What will we say. Except that the revolution continues, and that the frogs are sweating profusely....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm 

That text you just posted WT just sounds outright communist rather than racist, which may be what the cowards are hiding behind now.

Things like this are what is going to create a Boerstaat, not through the Boer's own wanting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:40 pm 

I'd stop paying my bind immediately something like that happens. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:44 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
I'd stop paying my bind immediately something like that happens. :lol:

And withhold tax. This is a populist attempt to make the ANC a viable party after the damage done by Zuma.

Cyril is very clever. He knows what he is doing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:28 pm 

Malema really is a cancer.
Quote:
Johannesburg - The Democratic Alliance (DA) says it is not intimidated by the Economic Freedom Fighters's (EFF) threat to table a motion of no confidence in Nelson Mandela Bay Mayor Athol Trollip.

The party said the EFF should be honest to South Africans that it is willing to put the metro back into the ANC's hands.

The DA and the red berets have been engaged in a bitter public spat that started earlier this week in Parliament.

The EFF tabled a motion to expropriate land without compensation which was debated in Parliament on Tuesday. The motion was supported by the ANC and smaller parties, but the DA debated strongly against the motion.

This angered the EFF, and the party said it would punish the DA for its refusal to support the motion and it would help remove Trollip as Mayor.

On Friday the EFF said it was resolute on its mission to remove Trollip and would not back down.

The motion is set to be heard on April 6.

The red berets have also accused the DA of misleading the public by saying that comments made by its leader Julius Malema were hate speech. Malema said; “we are going for your white man in PE. We are going to cut the throat”.

The DA is taking the EFF to Equality Court over the comments.

Although the DA said it was not intimidated by the EFF, the party explained the fire financial state that Nelson Mandela Bay was in when the DA took over office from the ANC in 2016.

"The EFF’s decision to return the Metro to the ANC is indefensible, and shows how little they care for really improving the living conditions of poor people," said the DA.

"By their own admission, this is not about what is best for the people of the Metro, it is about their political hate campaign and their growing closeness to the ANC. They will be judged harshly by the voters for that decision."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next