Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
So as she approaches the age of 12 1/2 I find myself in the position that I may lose my girl and best friend.

In the last 2 weeks, her health has gone from swimming and chasing to the point where she's lost 4 kilos in a week, can't breathe and won't eat.

Took her to the GP vet, and after loads of tests, the conclusion is she's either got a heart tumour or a faulty valve (she def has a heart murmur)

She shivers 24/7, is dehydrated and won't eat a thing.

Tomorrow, she goes to the Willows- a world class specialist referral vet centre. They will scan and diagnose but frankly I fear the worst.

I won't ever have kids, but my Winnie has been everything- my friend, my girl, my protector and is and always will be the most incredible dog I've encountered (and that ain't cos she's mine).

I am totally at a loss regarding what to do in the short term, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here she is 3 weeks ago and the bottom pic is today.

Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37501
Having pets like cats and dogs are brilliant.

It doesn't take away from the sad fact, that we will nearly always outlive our pets and that each passing is incredibly heartbreaking

You need to do what's right for the dog. If she is suffering, take the vets advice. Hard I know it is for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
iarmhiman wrote:
Having pets like cats and dogs are brilliant.

It doesn't take away from the sad fact, that we will nearly always outlive our pets and that each passing is incredibly heartbreaking

You need to do what's right for the dog. If she is suffering, take the vets advice. Hard I know it is for you.


I know and you're right.

What I can't believe is the deterioration in 3 weeks. We were thinking she'd make 15 or 16 easy, esp being a X Breed (Labradoodle).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1047
Heartbreaking. Animals are amazing but the knowledge that you'll have to lose them is such a shit feeling. But she seems to have been an amazing friend so that's pretty awesome.

All the best


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 11969
Just a question, you knew that this day will come coz you'd always outlive her. Did you ever think to get her to reproduce so that you could have an offspring of hers when she dies?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
CrazyIslander wrote:
Just a question, you knew that this day will come coz you'd always outlive her. Did you ever think to get her to reproduce so that you could have an offspring of hers when she dies?


So, yes. At the time I wanted to, Mark and I were running the agency, and he thought too much hassle. We both regret that entirely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8015
Location: Middle of the Lothians
iarmhiman wrote:
Having pets like cats and dogs are brilliant.

It doesn't take away from the sad fact, that we will nearly always outlive our pets and that each passing is incredibly heartbreaking

You need to do what's right for the dog. If she is suffering, take the vets advice. Hard I know it is for you.


So much this. Although some vets are guilty of providing horrifically poor advice.

I have recently seen two aquaintances spend a horrific amount on their pets, one an uneblievable £12000 on "groundbreaking" treatments for a 25 year old cat, who died three weeks later. On each occassion they were thinking more about themselves than the animal. This was encouraged by the vets who are disgracefully taking advantage of such people's emotions to fund experimental treatments.

For your info Jake, the other was £10000 on a replacement heart valve for their dog, although a 2 year old one to be fair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
BlackMac wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Having pets like cats and dogs are brilliant.

It doesn't take away from the sad fact, that we will nearly always outlive our pets and that each passing is incredibly heartbreaking

You need to do what's right for the dog. If she is suffering, take the vets advice. Hard I know it is for you.




For your info Jake, the other was £10000 on a replacement heart valve for their dog, although a 2 year old one to be fair.


Thanks- and taken in spirit offered. She's insured up to her beard anyway. Re the valve, that can be managed at her age- one has to be realistic. It's the heart tumour that would be the bad news.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8015
Location: Middle of the Lothians
Jake wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Having pets like cats and dogs are brilliant.

It doesn't take away from the sad fact, that we will nearly always outlive our pets and that each passing is incredibly heartbreaking

You need to do what's right for the dog. If she is suffering, take the vets advice. Hard I know it is for you.




For your info Jake, the other was £10000 on a replacement heart valve for their dog, although a 2 year old one to be fair.


Thanks- and taken in spirit offered. She's insured up to her beard anyway. Re the valve, that can be managed at her age- one has to be realistic. It's the heart tumour that would be the bad news.


Best of luck, we also have a 12 year old mutt and I know how much they can mean.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5940
Get a parrot. Can be more affectionate than a cat or dog and are far more entertaining and likable. And they will outlive you. :thumbup:

Though I do still think there is merit in my "Swap-a-kit" and "Swap-a-pup" business idea. Similar to beer "swap-a-crate", you purchase a fresh kitten or puppy, and once it moves on from that "cute and fun" stage, you bring it back to the store and get given a new one. You then always have a kitten or puppy at the best point of their lives and never have to deal with a long-loved pet dying (or taking it to the SPCA when it becomes annoying). And the returned cats/dogs get recycled into meat for feeding the breeders, so it's environmentally friendly as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 13083
I thought I was in trouble.

Really sorry to hear about your dog she looked gorgeous with the hat on!
I hope you get good news.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2505
Demilich wrote:
Get a parrot. Can be more affectionate than a cat or dog and are far more entertaining and likable. And they will outlive you. :thumbup:

Though I do still think there is merit in my "Swap-a-kit" and "Swap-a-pup" business idea. Similar to beer "swap-a-crate", you purchase a fresh kitten or puppy, and once it moves on from that "cute and fun" stage, you bring it back to the store and get given a new one. You then always have a kitten or puppy at the best point of their lives and never have to deal with a long-loved pet dying (or taking it to the SPCA when it becomes annoying). And the returned cats/dogs get recycled into meat for feeding the breeders, so it's environmentally friendly as well.


I wonder if that’s your last ever post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6603
Be kind to her and put her down. I'm on my third dog of my own ( cf parents' dogs) and I love the dead ones' memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5712
Location: Te Ika a Maui
Gwenno wrote:
Be kind to her and put her down. I'm on my third dog of my own ( cf parents' dogs) and I love the dead ones' memories.
Yeah, she's living in discomfort to assuage owners' feelings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
usermame wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
Be kind to her and put her down. I'm on my third dog of my own ( cf parents' dogs) and I love the dead ones' memories.
Yeah, she's living in discomfort to assuage owners' feelings.


Right- I'll work on guesswork and kill her. Brilliant thinking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6603
Jake wrote:
usermame wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
Be kind to her and put her down. I'm on my third dog of my own ( cf parents' dogs) and I love the dead ones' memories.
Yeah, she's living in discomfort to assuage owners' feelings.


Right- I'll work on guesswork and kill her. Brilliant thinking.

Her age isn't guesswork though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
Gwenno wrote:
Jake wrote:
usermame wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
Be kind to her and put her down. I'm on my third dog of my own ( cf parents' dogs) and I love the dead ones' memories.
Yeah, she's living in discomfort to assuage owners' feelings.


Right- I'll work on guesswork and kill her. Brilliant thinking.

Her age isn't guesswork though.


No, and labradoodles live often to 15 +.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13220
That’s a shame how she went down hill so fast. Lovely looking dog. Horrible to lose of beloved pet.

I see the Clive Woodward book on the book shelf. At least take it out of her view.


Last edited by YOYO on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6591
Location: Over the hills and far away...
That's awful news - it's heartbreaking to see them suffer, but the thought that you're losing them is just as heartbreaking.

Best of luck at the vets; sounds like you know that if the news is bad you have to do what's right for her.

Big hug to Winnie, and good luck to you both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6584
Location: no longer at this address
Jake wrote:
So as she approaches the age of 12 1/2 I find myself in the position that I may lose my girl and best friend.

In the last 2 weeks, her health has gone from swimming and chasing to the point where she's lost 4 kilos in a week, can't breathe and won't eat.

Took her to the GP vet, and after loads of tests, the conclusion is she's either got a heart tumour or a faulty valve (she def has a heart murmur)

She shivers 24/7, is dehydrated and won't eat a thing.

Tomorrow, she goes to the Willows- a world class specialist referral vet centre. They will scan and diagnose but frankly I fear the worst.

I won't ever have kids, but my Winnie has been everything- my friend, my girl, my protector and is and always will be the most incredible dog I've encountered (and that ain't cos she's mine).

I am totally at a loss regarding what to do in the short term, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here she is 3 weeks ago and the bottom pic is today.

Image


Image


You have to listen to the opinion of an experienced vet and see if they confirm what you have been fearing. We knew that she was near the end and agreed with euthanasia very reluctantly. We buried her the shortly afterwards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
YOYO wrote:
That’s a shame how she went down hill so fast. Lovely looking dog. Horrible to loose of beloved pet.

I see the Clive Woodward book on the book shelf. At least take it out of her view.


LOL! Probably what's stressing her


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1179
Location: Saint Paul
Jake that is shitty news. She has clearly been, and still is, a big part of your life.

Try and keep her hydrated. Wet your fingers and get her to lick them. Her kidneys will go into renal failure in short order if she is not taking fluids in. It might be important to get an iv in her now rather than tomorrow.

I have a beagle/terrier cross who had a severe case of pancreatitis two months ago. It was likely that it was the iv put in by the emergency vet that allowed her to pull through.

All the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18191
Very sad, it's not easy. My dog died about a year ago very suddenly, we were all devastated.

Just today my family decided to get a miniature schnauzer. Currently he's asleep on my lap, sadly I can't have pets in my flat otherwise I'd take him home with me :lol: still a little twinge of sadness thinking of the last guy, but we won't forget him (as we haven't with any of the menagerie of animals we had growing up!).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
grubberkick wrote:
Jake wrote:
So as she approaches the age of 12 1/2 I find myself in the position that I may lose my girl and best friend.

In the last 2 weeks, her health has gone from swimming and chasing to the point where she's lost 4 kilos in a week, can't breathe and won't eat.

Took her to the GP vet, and after loads of tests, the conclusion is she's either got a heart tumour or a faulty valve (she def has a heart murmur)

She shivers 24/7, is dehydrated and won't eat a thing.

Tomorrow, she goes to the Willows- a world class specialist referral vet centre. They will scan and diagnose but frankly I fear the worst.

I won't ever have kids, but my Winnie has been everything- my friend, my girl, my protector and is and always will be the most incredible dog I've encountered (and that ain't cos she's mine).

I am totally at a loss regarding what to do in the short term, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here she is 3 weeks ago and the bottom pic is today.

Image


Image


You have to listen to the opinion of an experienced vet and see if they confirm what you have been fearing. We knew that she was near the end and agreed with euthanasia very reluctantly. We buried her the shortly afterwards.



Absolutely. The condition is still undiagnosed. If it's the tumour, we have no choice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6584
Location: no longer at this address
Jake wrote:
grubberkick wrote:
Jake wrote:
So as she approaches the age of 12 1/2 I find myself in the position that I may lose my girl and best friend.

In the last 2 weeks, her health has gone from swimming and chasing to the point where she's lost 4 kilos in a week, can't breathe and won't eat.

Took her to the GP vet, and after loads of tests, the conclusion is she's either got a heart tumour or a faulty valve (she def has a heart murmur)

She shivers 24/7, is dehydrated and won't eat a thing.

Tomorrow, she goes to the Willows- a world class specialist referral vet centre. They will scan and diagnose but frankly I fear the worst.

I won't ever have kids, but my Winnie has been everything- my friend, my girl, my protector and is and always will be the most incredible dog I've encountered (and that ain't cos she's mine).

I am totally at a loss regarding what to do in the short term, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here she is 3 weeks ago and the bottom pic is today.

Image


Image


You have to listen to the opinion of an experienced vet and see if they confirm what you have been fearing. We knew that she was near the end and agreed with euthanasia very reluctantly. We buried her the shortly afterwards.



Absolutely. The condition is still undiagnosed. If it's the tumour, we have no choice.


Goes without saying that it was a very distressing day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2505
Jake wrote:
So as she approaches the age of 12 1/2 I find myself in the position that I may lose my girl and best friend.

In the last 2 weeks, her health has gone from swimming and chasing to the point where she's lost 4 kilos in a week, can't breathe and won't eat.

Took her to the GP vet, and after loads of tests, the conclusion is she's either got a heart tumour or a faulty valve (she def has a heart murmur)

She shivers 24/7, is dehydrated and won't eat a thing.

Tomorrow, she goes to the Willows- a world class specialist referral vet centre. They will scan and diagnose but frankly I fear the worst.

I won't ever have kids, but my Winnie has been everything- my friend, my girl, my protector and is and always will be the most incredible dog I've encountered (and that ain't cos she's mine).

I am totally at a loss regarding what to do in the short term, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here she is 3 weeks ago and the bottom pic is today.

Image


Image


Have you considered turning the picture of Dallaglio round? It would be enough to make me seriously under the weather.

Seriously, I wish you and Winnie all the best. Think positively, it may be less serious than you think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
Quote:

Have you considered turning the picture of Dallaglio round? It would be enough to make me seriously under the weather.

Seriously, I wish you and Winnie all the best. Think positively, it may be less serious than you think.


Cheered me up, thanks.

I hope you're right- I really do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26
well this is the best i can do im afraid.

https://www.wikihow.com/Put-Down-a-Horse


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10656
You'll do the right thing Jake - no matter what the grief it causes you. It's really heartbreaking but you've given her a fantastic life and will have done all you can.

But there's still hope, it might be treatable.



I forked out £1500 to have my Daughter's cat repaired after it got badly run over - but it was only a year old. Got run over again 3 months later - but she'd insured it by then so they picked up the £800 bill. Seems none the worse for wear now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2505
Jake wrote:
Quote:

Have you considered turning the picture of Dallaglio round? It would be enough to make me seriously under the weather.

Seriously, I wish you and Winnie all the best. Think positively, it may be less serious than you think.


Cheered me up, thanks.

I hope you're right- I really do.


My wife always had dogs growing up, and I never did (my family didn’t want one). We got a gorgeous dog when our kids were old enough and we had time to give to the pooch too.

I never really understood how much you could love a dog, but I completely understand now. She just makes me happy and is my friend no matter what. She’s 9 later this year and I can’t even bear to think about, well, you know. She’s part of the family.

Sounds as though she is an even bigger part of yours, so I dread to think how you’re feeling right now.

Good luck, hopefully you won’t need it :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
ovalball wrote:
You'll do the right thing Jake - no matter what the grief it causes you. It's really heartbreaking but you've given her a fantastic life and will have done all you can.

But there's still hope, it might be treatable.



I forked out £1500 to have my Daughter's cat repaired after it got badly run over - but it was only a year old. Got run over again 3 months later - but she'd insured it by then so they picked up the £800 bill. Seems none the worse for wear now.


I will. And there is hope. It's 50/50.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6584
Location: no longer at this address
Jake wrote:
Quote:

Have you considered turning the picture of Dallaglio round? It would be enough to make me seriously under the weather.

Seriously, I wish you and Winnie all the best. Think positively, it may be less serious than you think.


Cheered me up, thanks.

I hope you're right- I really do.


A couple of days or so in hospital should give you a very good idea of the outlook. Best wishes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29142
I have lots of regrets but leaving my childhood dog suffer too long is one that sticks out. Make the call decisively and early. Beware that some vets are very slow to even make the suggestion. If the dog is suffering then all lots of treatment for a few more months with crap quality of life is a bad call.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17021
Duff Paddy wrote:
I have lots of regrets but leaving my childhood dog suffer too long is one that sticks out. Make the call decisively and early. Beware that some vets are very slow to even make the suggestion. If the dog is suffering then all lots of treatment for a few more months with crap quality of life is a bad call.

This.

Sorry for this Jake, it's horrible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
Duff Paddy wrote:
I have lots of regrets but leaving my childhood dog suffer too long is one that sticks out. Make the call decisively and early. Beware that some vets are very slow to even make the suggestion. If the dog is suffering then all lots of treatment for a few more months with crap quality of life is a bad call.


I know and you are right. We'll know in next 24-48.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40648
Jake

It is a tough situation. We had a Labrador Retriever from 2 months and she was utterly gorgeous. We had to ask the vet to put her out of her agony when she was 12 and it broke our hearts. We consoled ourselves with the knowledge that we had given her a very good life with us.

My thoughts are with you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11870
I thought I saw Asmo post on this thread???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 46680
Location: Oundle
Oh dear, Jake. Thoughts are with you. My own lad is over 14 now and appears to have gone stone deaf.

He's show trained but cannot hear commands now.

I hope they will find what's wrong with Winnie. I'll have a quiet word with the Man Upstairs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32672
Location: Innie Kaap
mr bungle wrote:
I thought I saw Asmo post on this thread???

Don't.. .................................


You really don't want to go through that kind of attention


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winnie.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4210
So, it appears it may be a form of cancer in the throat

As I type, we don't know until this afternoon if it's treatable or not. If it's a blood cancer, then it is. The position of it makes it inoperable.

It may be treatable with chemo long term, or short term for a few months, with steroids, so at least we can have our salad days together.

She's not in massive pain, so that's good. Endoscopy and Biopsy now ongoing- will know more at 2pm

Thanks for all well wishers and common sense talk. Apprc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bert, Bindi, eldanielfire, Fat Old Git, _fatprop, frankster, Google Adsense [Bot], obelixtim, Ted., Turbogoat and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group