Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44769
Yeah he's gigantic but I'm pretty sure that represented half the metres he made in contact all day


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29168
Location: The garden county
Toro wrote:
Diego wrote:
Toro wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
:lol:
They're shocking.

The two boys straight in on top of him immediately after the second hit. :thumbup:


Who's the monster with the afro?? :shock:

Mat Luamanu. He would have destroyed Eastmond had they not been pulled apart :lol:


Eastmond seemed to throw himself to the ground as a form of self preservation or just fright! :lol: The guy is massive.


I love that he and Sinkler immediately ignored the ruck that was about to form, stepped past it and just f**ked Eastmond on to the ground.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 2997
Location: God's own country
Banned for 6 weeks (2x3 weeks)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11692
6 weeks.

Anyone feel like he got off lightly considering?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 17481
Wendigo7 wrote:
6 weeks.

Anyone feel like he got off lightly considering?


Both incidents were submitted as mid range, 2x6 weeks, guilty plea + clean record = 50% off. 2x3 = 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44769
I take it the accusations of racial abuse were garbage?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 17481
JM2K6 wrote:
I take it the accusations of racial abuse were garbage?


I believe there were suggestions, rather than accusations. It doesn't appear to have gone any further regardless, which is good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44769
Raggs wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
I take it the accusations of racial abuse were garbage?


I believe there were suggestions, rather than accusations. It doesn't appear to have gone any further regardless, which is good.


I read the wasps board. It very quickly developed into accusations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3881
Location: 'ertfordshire
JM2K6 wrote:
I take it the accusations of racial abuse were garbage?

What accusations?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32689
Location: Planet Rock
Keith wrote:
Banned for 6 weeks (2x3 weeks)

Shame to lose him for so long but although a bit harsh I can't complain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 17481
JM2K6 wrote:
Raggs wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
I take it the accusations of racial abuse were garbage?


I believe there were suggestions, rather than accusations. It doesn't appear to have gone any further regardless, which is good.


I read the wasps board. It very quickly developed into accusations.


Think it was all fairly obviously qualified with "if it happened" etc.

Just to jump back to a previous point though, I rewatched Jack Willis, and in the meantime spotted some niggle, like Visser shoulder barging Le Roux very late, Alofa tipping Bassett a good 3-5 seconds after the whistle went (they didn't realise this on the replays), Chisholm looked like a no arms on Cruse, Sink being Sink (tough to really pin that down to this specific match though), some shoulders going into the breakdowns hard (mostly on Willis towards the end, I could understand the frustration). I'm sure there'd have been some going the other way too, and plenty that I'm sure I missed since I wasn't looking for it, but the suggestion that it was a clean game is rather laughable. No doubt I have to once again qualify that none of that justifies Eastmonds actions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 17481
Anonymous. wrote:
Keith wrote:
Banned for 6 weeks (2x3 weeks)

Shame to lose him for so long but although a bit harsh I can't complain


Not harsh at all, I'd say spot on. 2 mid range offenses, 50% off for guilty and clean record. He needs to adapt his style, since he'll get hit with more of them unless he does, and the clean record is gone now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44769
Raggs wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Raggs wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
I take it the accusations of racial abuse were garbage?


I believe there were suggestions, rather than accusations. It doesn't appear to have gone any further regardless, which is good.


I read the wasps board. It very quickly developed into accusations.


Think it was all fairly obviously qualified with "if it happened" etc.

Just to jump back to a previous point though, I rewatched Jack Willis, and in the meantime spotted some niggle, like Visser shoulder barging Le Roux very late, Alofa tipping Bassett a good 3-5 seconds after the whistle went (they didn't realise this on the replays), Chisholm looked like a no arms on Cruse, Sink being Sink (tough to really pin that down to this specific match though), some shoulders going into the breakdowns hard (mostly on Willis towards the end, I could understand the frustration). I'm sure there'd have been some going the other way too, and plenty that I'm sure I missed since I wasn't looking for it, but the suggestion that it was a clean game is rather laughable. No doubt I have to once again qualify that none of that justifies Eastmonds actions.


What's laughable is you thinking Alofa gently lifting a leg - with the other one still on the floor - leading to a player falling on their hands and then pretending to be injured before getting up with not a scratch is evidence of this brutal approach you think Quins took.

Shoulders going into breakdowns? Are you kidding me? Do you never watch your own players, or anyone else?

It's a great attempt to gloss over the fact that wasps players have targeted Quins with incredibly dirty and damaging headshots in the last few games, and received red cards for them, but you've over reached quite badly.

And yes, the main thread about the imaginary racist abuse did go that way, but the comments on other threads were very much assuming it was true. That Nelly poster was particularly keen on making the accusation. Grim stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44769
Raggs wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Keith wrote:
Banned for 6 weeks (2x3 weeks)

Shame to lose him for so long but although a bit harsh I can't complain


Not harsh at all, I'd say spot on. 2 mid range offenses, 50% off for guilty and clean record. He needs to adapt his style, since he'll get hit with more of them unless he does, and the clean record is gone now.


He completely lost his head. It has nothing to do with style.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 17481
JM2K6 wrote:
Raggs wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Keith wrote:
Banned for 6 weeks (2x3 weeks)

Shame to lose him for so long but although a bit harsh I can't complain


Not harsh at all, I'd say spot on. 2 mid range offenses, 50% off for guilty and clean record. He needs to adapt his style, since he'll get hit with more of them unless he does, and the clean record is gone now.


He completely lost his head. It has nothing to do with style.


That's exactly how he's been tackling for seasons, normally with a bit more control, but he's put in plenty of high tackles in the past too, it's just they used to be penalties and yellows, and not straight up reds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5760
High tackles from the smallest guy on the pitch! (He's shorter than Wade)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44769
Okay this is getting absurd. Those two tackles are just a case of needing to adjust his technique. Right.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ghost-Of-Nepia, Google Adsense [Bot], JB1981, kerrandy, Margin_Walker, ovalball, RuggaBugga, Stevus55, TQoET, usermame, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group