Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2138
Location: Newport, Gwent
happyhooker wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:
I really hope there's some sort of TMO controversy, I think we can all agree that was the best part of England v Wales.


Doesn't need to be TMO. Could be something like taking a quick lineout which leads to a try, but which never should have been allowed.


I'd like it if a team won with a drop goal after turning the ball over blatantly illegally.

Ireland have a 5m scrum in the final seconds. Navidi scoops the ball out of Murray's hands for one against the head.

That'd be great


Ball goes out, a reserve jumps up off the bench, grabs the ball and passes it in field, ball goes forward and a player collects and scores a try anyway. The ref goes to the TMO but only wants to check grounding, which is fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23100
bessantj wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:
I really hope there's some sort of TMO controversy, I think we can all agree that was the best part of England v Wales.


Doesn't need to be TMO. Could be something like taking a quick lineout which leads to a try, but which never should have been allowed.


I'd like it if a team won with a drop goal after turning the ball over blatantly illegally.

Ireland have a 5m scrum in the final seconds. Navidi scoops the ball out of Murray's hands for one against the head.

That'd be great


Ball goes out, a reserve jumps up off the bench, grabs the ball and passes it in field, ball goes forward and a player collects and scores a try anyway. The ref goes to the TMO but only wants to check grounding, which is fine.

:lol: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13224
bessantj wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:
I really hope there's some sort of TMO controversy, I think we can all agree that was the best part of England v Wales.


Doesn't need to be TMO. Could be something like taking a quick lineout which leads to a try, but which never should have been allowed.


I'd like it if a team won with a drop goal after turning the ball over blatantly illegally.

Ireland have a 5m scrum in the final seconds. Navidi scoops the ball out of Murray's hands for one against the head.

That'd be great


Ball goes out, a reserve jumps up off the bench, grabs the ball and passes it in field, ball goes forward and a player collects and scores a try anyway. The ref goes to the TMO but only wants to check grounding, which is fine.


Didn’t something like that happen before when Wales scored an illegal try against Ireland to dash our 6Ns hopes.. after Mike Phillips took a quick lineout with the wrong ball. The English TMO allowed it. Not sure was it your man who acts like Major Gowen in Faulty Towers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2138
Location: Newport, Gwent
YOYO wrote:
Didn’t something like that happen before when Wales scored an illegal try against Ireland to dash our 6Ns hopes.. after Mike Phillips took a quick lineout with the wrong ball. The English TMO allowed it. Not sure was it your man who acts like Major Gowen in Faulty Towers.


Nolanator beat you to that reference mate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 45175
Location: Fighting political correctness with "banter"
I couldn't possibly muster any spite against Ireland. You are saddled with the Nordies so I have nothing but pity for you.
If you beat us then I genuinely hope you get the GS.
Good luck sons of Erin, but get fecked Ulstermen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
Getting twitchy about this game already. Ireland All Stars against Wales B. But rest assured all the pressure is on Ireland playing at home against our bunch of tactical no hopers C side. With yours players you should walk this, it of course would be an affront to the northern hemisphere rugby if you didn’t put in a massive score against Wales D. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13224
bessantj wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Didn’t something like that happen before when Wales scored an illegal try against Ireland to dash our 6Ns hopes.. after Mike Phillips took a quick lineout with the wrong ball. The English TMO allowed it. Not sure was it your man who acts like Major Gowen in Faulty Towers.


Nolanator beat you to that reference mate.


Some saying the disallowed try is karma bitting Gatland in the ass.

This 2011 article discussing the illegal Welsh try.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... 845755.amp

Gatland quote at the time
Quote:
“IT does not take the shine off the win. I couldn’t care less.”

And with those words about Mike Phillips’ controversial match-winning try, Warren Gatland spoke for the entire Welsh nation.

Winning ugly, playing to the referee and being street-wise are things Wales have struggled with in the past.

But the quick second-half illegal lineout from captain Matthew Rees to Phillips which resulted in the try, wiped those memories away as Wales celebrated their third successive victory and their first win at the Millennium Stadium in seven attempts and 12 months.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8165
c69 wrote:
I couldn't possibly muster any spite against Ireland. You are saddled with the Nordies so I have nothing but pity for you.
If you beat us then I genuinely hope you get the GS.
Good luck sons of Erin, but get fecked Ulstermen.


If you beat us then I genuinely hope you beat England. If we beat you then I genuinely hope you beat England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 45175
Location: Fighting political correctness with "banter"
LandOTurk wrote:
c69 wrote:
I couldn't possibly muster any spite against Ireland. You are saddled with the Nordies so I have nothing but pity for you.
If you beat us then I genuinely hope you get the GS.
Good luck sons of Erin, but get fecked Ulstermen.


If you beat us then I genuinely hope you beat England. If we beat you then I genuinely hope you beat England.

I know :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37541
c69 wrote:
I couldn't possibly muster any spite against Ireland. You are saddled with the Nordies so I have nothing but pity for you.
If you beat us then I genuinely hope you get the GS.
Good luck sons of Erin, but get fecked Ulstermen.


Winnie don't fall for this obvious bait.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
iarmhiman wrote:
c69 wrote:
I couldn't possibly muster any spite against Ireland. You are saddled with the Nordies so I have nothing but pity for you.
If you beat us then I genuinely hope you get the GS.
Good luck sons of Erin, but get fecked Ulstermen.


Winnie don't fall for this obvious bait.


You would quite openly admit that the Nordies embarrass you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
https://youtu.be/TIK2LLho5Dw

Just watching this to get me in the mood.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 45175
Location: Fighting political correctness with "banter"
Plato'sCave wrote:
https://youtu.be/TIK2LLho5Dw

Just watching this to get me in the mood.

Gets my vote. I'm proud of my Irish heritage :thumbup: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:29 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37541
Doing likewise Plato:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGuwAZDr6ic

Just ate one of these. Feeling particularly lazy today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
c69 wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
https://youtu.be/TIK2LLho5Dw

Just watching this to get me in the mood.

Gets my vote. I'm proud of my Irish heritage :thumbup: :thumbup:


Me too, great lads. I’m definitely picking up my Irish EU passport as Britain becomes a third world basket case, unwashed and dribbling back and fore shouting angrily at passing ferries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
c69 wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
https://youtu.be/TIK2LLho5Dw

Just watching this to get me in the mood.

Gets my vote. I'm proud of my Irish heritage :thumbup: :thumbup:


The WRU did the right thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
iarmhiman wrote:
Doing likewise Plato:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGuwAZDr6ic

Just ate one of these. Feeling particularly lazy today.


When me and C69 defect, we expect a welcome fit for long lost brothers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26848
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
What do you call an Irishman in a semi final of a Rugby World Cup?

A referee.

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37541
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


You'll be proud to hear that I, Dai, has Irish heritage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37541
Dai another day wrote:
What do you call an Irishman in a semi final of a Rugby World Cup?

A referee who sent off Warburton.

:lol: :lol:


fixed :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26848
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


My gran was a Flanagan, and her dad was from Tipperary. Left for the north of England during the famine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


I can play all those and a tin whistle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37541
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


You'd fit in well my part of the country:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
Dai another day wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


I can play all those and a tin whistle.


Four or five string ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4955
Very nice love-in going on in this thread :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
Plato'sCave wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


I can play all those and a tin whistle.


Four or five string ?


Four, mun.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13224
Plato'sCave wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


I can play all those and a tin whistle.


Four or five string ?


His own 1 string me thinks.

By the way, welcome Plato into the exiled family.

Jtb, we’ll never see you go hungry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
Dai another day wrote:
Four, mun.


That was a quick google. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
YOYO wrote:
His own 1 string me thinks.

By the way, welcome Plato into the exiled family.

Jtb, we’ll never see you go hungry.


Diolch, er ... Go raibh maith agat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
Plato'sCave wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Four, mun.


That was a quick google. :lol:


I know my banjos. Irish music in general. I can play star of the county down, the fields, Irish rover. All the hits.

There's one thing that I think we and the Irish (the proper ones) have in common and that is our disdain for the Nordies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:50 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
iarmhiman wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I made colcannon the other day. It was awesome. :thumbup:

You don't have any Irish heritage Jeff. C69 and Plato only.


I can already play a Banjo and a Bodhran. 👍🏻🇮🇪


You'd fit in well my part of the country:

Image


I can play that tune


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
Dai another day wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Four, mun.


That was a quick google. :lol:


I know my banjos. Irish music in general. I can play star of the county down, the fields, Irish rover. All the hits.

There's one thing that I think we and the Irish (the proper ones) have in common and that is our disdain for the Nordies.


When you’re playing the Wild rover in Eb, what other chords do you use out of interest?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3739
Plato'sCave wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Four, mun.


That was a quick google. :lol:


I know my banjos. Irish music in general. I can play star of the county down, the fields, Irish rover. All the hits.

There's one thing that I think we and the Irish (the proper ones) have in common and that is our disdain for the Nordies.


When you’re playing the Wild rover in Eb, what other chords do you use out of interest?


Just Bb and F7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 12073
Location: Above you.
F7 going to sound a bit “out there”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23100
I play the piano and have recently returned to playing traditional/folk songs from Ireland, Scotland etc.

I'm really shit :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 2138
Location: Newport, Gwent
YOYO wrote:
bessantj wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Didn’t something like that happen before when Wales scored an illegal try against Ireland to dash our 6Ns hopes.. after Mike Phillips took a quick lineout with the wrong ball. The English TMO allowed it. Not sure was it your man who acts like Major Gowen in Faulty Towers.


Nolanator beat you to that reference mate.


Some saying the disallowed try is karma bitting Gatland in the ass.

Well people will believe any old bollocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14096
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ajfro74, bonzo, camroc1, Chips, DiscoHips D'Arcy, Dork Lard, EverReady, feckwanker, goblack, gonesouth, Google Adsense [Bot], grimoald, happyhooker, iarmhiman, Jensrsa, Keith, Laurent, Margin_Walker, message #2527204, nardol, Oxbow, Plato'sCave, rett, shereblue, Xupi, yaums, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group