Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16336
bessantj wrote:
YOYO wrote:
bessantj wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Didn’t something like that happen before when Wales scored an illegal try against Ireland to dash our 6Ns hopes.. after Mike Phillips took a quick lineout with the wrong ball. The English TMO allowed it. Not sure was it your man who acts like Major Gowen in Faulty Towers.


Nolanator beat you to that reference mate.


Some saying the disallowed try is karma bitting Gatland in the ass.

Well people will believe any old bollocks.



The try was not checked by the TMO. It was when you had insane rules about only certain things allowed to be checked by the TMO. The ref asked the Scottish TJ if the correct ball was used and he said yes it was (lied). The TJ disappeared never to be seen from again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4115
Location: Newport, Gwent
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

With the way you Irish spread your seed like some sort of pervert sprinkler there are tons of Welsh with Irish blood.

nardol wrote:
bessantj wrote:
Well people will believe any old bollocks.



The try was not checked by the TMO. It was when you had insane rules about only certain things allowed to be checked by the TMO. The ref asked the Scottish TJ if the correct ball was used and he said yes it was (lied). The TJ disappeared never to be seen from again.

Well I was more talking about believing in karma, but are you saying World Rugby (or IRB or whoever) killed the Scottish TJ?


Last edited by bessantj on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13802
Location: Above you.
bessantj wrote:
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

With the way you Irish spread your seed like some sort of pervert sprinkler there are tons of Welsh with Irish blood.


Yeah but they usually just spray it all over the soda bread


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21930
c69 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
All a bit silly. Anyway, with everyone fit we'd see SOB at 7 and Ringrose/Henshaw at 13. Hard to know about Heaslip or who the bench backrower would be. There is an outside chance that both SOB and Ringrose would be available. Furlong is currently meant to make it but if he doesn't that'd be a loss for sure.

Zebo, if he was around, or Conway would be 23.

Actually, Payne might have been FB instead of Kearney but not a guarantee.

If we are missing Furlong, SOB, Ringrose and if you count Payne's impact at FB then that is a significant blow to our ability to unlock the Welsh defence but still not a B team.

Someone posted on the Irish thread that we're 10 point favourites. Is that right? Sounds bonkers.

The Bookies have you as 1l4. Which for me is just about right. I think you will win easily by 10 to 15 points tbh. Home advantage is massive.


Sorry for digging this up from page 2, but home advantage? In an Ireland v Wales game? You’re either taking the piss, or haven’t actually followed either team for very long.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53017
Well, home advantage for Ireland under Schmidt is pretty important. 4 losses, none in the 6N, two of them were NZ and one was a WC warm up.

Wales did get closest in the 6N, tbf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14686
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates who were all born in civilisation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4115
Location: Newport, Gwent
Winnie wrote:
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates who were all born in civilisation.

Well I hope you teach him not to be a bigot Winnie, you seem like a good bloke so I know this isn't your fault. He probably picked it up visiting some terrible place on the Internet, it's so important to keep an eye on his surfing. I know you can do it though :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3791
A civilisation built around sectarianism and bigotry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 42398
Dai another day wrote:
A civilisation built around sectarianism and bigotry.

A good description of the UK, if I may say so. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16336
Dai another day wrote:
A civilisation built around sectarianism and bigotry.


hey pal, at least we are a civilisation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14686
bessantj wrote:
Winnie wrote:
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates who were all born in civilisation.

Well I hope you teach him not to be a bigot Winnie, you seem like a good bloke so I know this isn't your fault. He probably picked it up visiting some terrible place on the Internet, it's so important to keep an eye on his surfing. I know you can do it though :thumbup:

?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3791
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16336
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.



The UK yeah? Your civilisation :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46688
Location: In the Centre/left wing
DOB wrote:
c69 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
All a bit silly. Anyway, with everyone fit we'd see SOB at 7 and Ringrose/Henshaw at 13. Hard to know about Heaslip or who the bench backrower would be. There is an outside chance that both SOB and Ringrose would be available. Furlong is currently meant to make it but if he doesn't that'd be a loss for sure.

Zebo, if he was around, or Conway would be 23.

Actually, Payne might have been FB instead of Kearney but not a guarantee.

If we are missing Furlong, SOB, Ringrose and if you count Payne's impact at FB then that is a significant blow to our ability to unlock the Welsh defence but still not a B team.

Someone posted on the Irish thread that we're 10 point favourites. Is that right? Sounds bonkers.

The Bookies have you as 1l4. Which for me is just about right. I think you will win easily by 10 to 15 points tbh. Home advantage is massive.


Sorry for digging this up from page 2, but home advantage? In an Ireland v Wales game? You’re either taking the piss, or haven’t actually followed either team for very long.

It used to be we won away against each other, I thought not so much now.
I hope I am wrong tbh :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14686
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Nah
I like my neighbours to have teeth, intelligence and not a drink problem


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4115
Location: Newport, Gwent
Winnie wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Nah
I like my neighbours to have teeth, intelligence and not a drink problem

Must it be all three, what if they're older and have false teeth but are still sharp of mind and have their drinking very under control? Again you seem like a good person Winnie so I'm not calling you a bigot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53017
Winnie wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Nah
I like my neighbours to have teeth, intelligence and not a drink problem


As I said, under Schmidt, it's home advantage although you have a slight edge with the draw. Prior to that, we won away in 2013, you in 2012. Home wins in 2010 and 2011, I think, and then away wins in 2008 and 2009.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14686
bessantj wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Nah
I like my neighbours to have teeth, intelligence and not a drink problem

Must it be all three, what if they're older and have false teeth but are still sharp of mind and have their drinking very under control? Again you seem like a good person Winnie so I'm not calling you a bigot.

:thumbup:
You are a good person too
Accusations of bigotry I would expect from toothless unintelligent valley commandos like dai


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46688
Location: In the Centre/left wing
Winnie wrote:
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates
who were all born in civilisation.

If that is true its pretty sad, what sort of household must he have been brought up in?
My little girl cherishes her Welsh heritage but is English through and through.
Its her choice :thumbup: She calls herslef hals Welsh and English but considers helself Saes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14686
c69 wrote:
DOB wrote:
c69 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
All a bit silly. Anyway, with everyone fit we'd see SOB at 7 and Ringrose/Henshaw at 13. Hard to know about Heaslip or who the bench backrower would be. There is an outside chance that both SOB and Ringrose would be available. Furlong is currently meant to make it but if he doesn't that'd be a loss for sure.

Zebo, if he was around, or Conway would be 23.

Actually, Payne might have been FB instead of Kearney but not a guarantee.

If we are missing Furlong, SOB, Ringrose and if you count Payne's impact at FB then that is a significant blow to our ability to unlock the Welsh defence but still not a B team.

Someone posted on the Irish thread that we're 10 point favourites. Is that right? Sounds bonkers.

The Bookies have you as 1l4. Which for me is just about right. I think you will win easily by 10 to 15 points tbh. Home advantage is massive.


Sorry for digging this up from page 2, but home advantage? In an Ireland v Wales game? You’re either taking the piss, or haven’t actually followed either team for very long.

It used to be we won away against each other, I thought not so much now.
I hope I am wrong tbh :thumbup:

Yeah 80s and 90s it was usually victory for the away team
It’s been very much home advantage over the last few years


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6195
Location: Darkest deepest northwest
c69 wrote:
Winnie wrote:
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates
who were all born in civilisation.

If that is true its pretty sad, what sort of household must he have been brought up in?
My little girl cherishes her Welsh heritage but is English through and through.
Its her choice :thumbup: She calls herslef hals Welsh and English but considers helself Saes


Beginning to see a trend here. Neither of the kids want to be Welsh.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4441
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Mountainous valleys :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 977
Winnie wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Nah
I like my neighbours to have teeth, intelligence and not a drink problem


:lol:

The irony.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14686
themaddog wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Mountainous valleys :?

Bless him he thinks just because Game of Thrones is filmed over here that’s its real life


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46688
Location: In the Centre/left wing
Winnie wrote:
themaddog wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Mountainous valleys :?

Bless him he thinks just because Game of Thrones is filmed over here that’s its real life


Quote:
My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates who were all born in civilisation.

If this is true and not trolling Its a disgrace and so sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:15 am
Posts: 3791
Winnie is nothing short of a disgrace - that we can all agree upon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46688
Location: In the Centre/left wing
Dai another day wrote:
Winnie is nothing short of a disgrace - that we can all agree upon.

Lets wait for his response ffs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Posts: 3086
Winnie wrote:
nardol wrote:
Im probably the only irisher on here with some.......




Welsh blood :uhoh:

My son was born in Wales
He is mortified by it and tries to hide that fact from his mates who were all born in civilisation.



Is he any good at rugby? :nod: :nod: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 977
Winnie wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
I think I'd rather be brought up in a good, peaceful community in the mountainous Welsh valleys rather than the battlefields of Northern Ireland.

Nah
I like my neighbours to have teeth, intelligence and not a drink problem


:lol:

The irony.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 13807
ZappaMan wrote:
I play the piano and have recently returned to playing traditional/folk songs from Ireland, Scotland etc.

I'm really shit :thumbup:

Long way between here and Saturday the weekend after next, but that may well be the post of the thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13802
Location: Above you.
Winnie, Dai,

Could you relocate to another thread please guys, it’s really really tedious having to scroll through your filth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 5219
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Lads lads lads, let's all be friends


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6918
Frodder wrote:
Lads lads lads, let's all be friends

F*CK YOU.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4115
Location: Newport, Gwent
Thought I do like Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau I've always admired Ireland's Call with rousing lines like

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We'll answer Ireland's call

You couldn't get that in Wales, you'd get

Wales, Wales
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We'll answer Wales' call
Except for Liam the roided, valley commando
Shut up Mike you towny cünt

And I think that would throw off the melody.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:34 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 11284
Location: Donegal
I think the most important question to ask the Welsh defectors is, are you or your kids any good at rugby?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5665
I knew the love-in wouldn't last too long! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 13802
Location: Above you.
SASP wrote:
I think the most important question to ask the Welsh defectors is, are you or your kids any good at rugby?


Sorry, we’re all dogshit. But the kids are eligible for Canada so there’s that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6918
Some suggestion that Moriarty won't make the Ireland match - picked up a shoulder knock so will be touch and go. Faletau also not quite ready so we might be seeing Navidi switched to 8, Tips back in at 7, with Shingler at 6. A very mobile backrow. Could James Davies sneak a bench spot?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16528
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy
penguin wrote:
Some suggestion that Moriarty won't make the Ireland match - picked up a shoulder knock so will be touch and go. Faletau also not quite ready so we might be seeing Navidi switched to 8, Tips back in at 7, with Shingler at 6. A very mobile backrow. Could James Davies sneak a bench spot?


That is still a very fine back row. Really liking Navidi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6918
redderneck wrote:
penguin wrote:
Some suggestion that Moriarty won't make the Ireland match - picked up a shoulder knock so will be touch and go. Faletau also not quite ready so we might be seeing Navidi switched to 8, Tips back in at 7, with Shingler at 6. A very mobile backrow. Could James Davies sneak a bench spot?


That is still a very fine back row. Really liking Navidi.


With Moriarty not quite 100%, and Tipuric coming in, there is an argument that it's improved...but I liked the balance that Moriarty brought, a bit of a contrast to Shingler and Navidi. Nice position to be in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CarrotGawks, crash 669, eevyl, eldanielfire, feckwanker, friedchimp, Fritz Lung, inshane, jdogscoop, Jumper, Liathroidigloine, Liquid_Len, Margin_Walker, Mullet 2, MungoMan, Nieghorn, Nolanator, normilet, PornDog, rabble, RichieRich89, SASP, sockwithaticket, sonic_attack, Sonny Blount, Stjudes, tabascoboy, Taranaki Snapper, The Sun God, Toro, Turbogoat, Wilson's Toffee, Yer Man and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group