Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am 

YOYO wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Please amend the title to 'Wales B'. Thanks. :thumbup:

Why? most of your injured players will have regained their fitness.

Will they? We'll still be without Ball, Warburotn, Faletau, Webb and Jiffy Jnr, with no guarantees on Liam Williams. 1/2p and Biggar.

Wales B my arse.. Ireland just as much a B selection if you want to go down that route.

Ireland is missing..

3 centres in Henshaw, Ringrose and Payne.. includes our until recently first choice
3 first choice backrows from these injured 4 in SOB, Heaslip, Van der Flier and Rudduck - BOLLOX you can't 4 first choice backrowers and Welshboy and Van der Flier are not your first choice anyway
1 first choice backup to Sexton in Paddy Jackson (court case)
1 first choice righthead prop in Furlong (touch and go if he’ll be available) - Bet you he'll be fine, you sneaky buggers
1 potential first choice FB in Zebo (not considered due to impending French club move) - Self imposed does not count
1 potential first choice lock in Donnacha Ryan (not considered due to French club) - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, and self imposed does not count
Jack Conan no.8 also on the injury list after the Italy game. - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Not to mention Munsters no.7 Tommy O’Donnell out. - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Connacht lock Dillane out due to mothers recent death. He was due to bench. - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count

That’s 14 key players out with just Furlong and Conan likely to make the Wales game.

Edit: Conway out - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Olding (court case) - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Tadgh Beirne not considered - Self imposed does not count

So that’s 17 players in total out right now, of which 2 may come good

Eliminating the paddy fluff, I make it 6 and half of them aren't the prime national players like our Biggar, Webb, Liam, Taulupe, JD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 am 

First the English, and now the Irish trying to gain the moral high ground with their so called 'injury list'. Sickening.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 am 

The bookies have it Ireland 1/4 and Wales 22/5.
Ireland by 15 as I see them as better than the Saes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 am 

All a bit silly. Anyway, with everyone fit we'd see SOB at 7 and Ringrose/Henshaw at 13. Hard to know about Heaslip or who the bench backrower would be. There is an outside chance that both SOB and Ringrose would be available. Furlong is currently meant to make it but if he doesn't that'd be a loss for sure.

Zebo, if he was around, or Conway would be 23.

Actually, Payne might have been FB instead of Kearney but not a guarantee.

If we are missing Furlong, SOB, Ringrose and if you count Payne's impact at FB then that is a significant blow to our ability to unlock the Welsh defence but still not a B team.

Someone posted on the Irish thread that we're 10 point favourites. Is that right? Sounds bonkers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 am 

CM11 wrote:
All a bit silly. Anyway, with everyone fit we'd see SOB at 7 and Ringrose/Henshaw at 13. Hard to know about Heaslip or who the bench backrower would be. There is an outside chance that both SOB and Ringrose would be available. Furlong is currently meant to make it but if he doesn't that'd be a loss for sure.

If we are missing Furlong, SOB, Ringrose and if you count Payne's impact at FB then that is a significant blow to our ability to unlock the Welsh defence but still not a B team.

Someone posted on the Irish thread that we're 10 point favourites. Is that right? Sounds bonkers.

The Bookies have you as 1l4. Which for me is just about right. I think you will win easily by 10 to 15 points tbh. Home advantage is massive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:08 am 

CM11 wrote:

We are with PP anyway. Outright odds at the moment Ireland 2/9 and Wales 10/3, the draw is 20/1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Please amend the title to 'Wales B'. Thanks. :thumbup:

Why? most of your injured players will have regained their fitness.

Will they? We'll still be without Ball, Warburotn, Faletau, Webb and Jiffy Jnr, with no guarantees on Liam Williams. 1/2p and Biggar.

Wales B my arse.. Ireland just as much a B selection if you want to go down that route.

Ireland is missing..

3 centres in Henshaw, Ringrose and Payne.. includes our until recently first choice
3 first choice backrows from these injured 4 in SOB, Heaslip, Van der Flier and Rudduck - BOLLOX you can't 4 first choice backrowers and Welshboy and Van der Flier are not your first choice anyway
1 first choice backup to Sexton in Paddy Jackson (court case)
1 first choice righthead prop in Furlong (touch and go if he’ll be available) - Bet you he'll be fine, you sneaky buggers
1 potential first choice FB in Zebo (not considered due to impending French club move) - Self imposed does not count
1 potential first choice lock in Donnacha Ryan (not considered due to French club) - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, and self imposed does not count
Jack Conan no.8 also on the injury list after the Italy game. - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Not to mention Munsters no.7 Tommy O’Donnell out. - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Connacht lock Dillane out due to mothers recent death. He was due to bench. - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count

That’s 14 key players out with just Furlong and Conan likely to make the Wales game.

Edit: Conway out - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Olding (court case) - BOLLOX - not 1st choice, does not count
Tadgh Beirne not considered - Self imposed does not count

So that’s 17 players in total out right now, of which 2 may come good

Eliminating the paddy fluff, I make it 6 and half of them aren't the prime national players like our Biggar, Webb, Liam, Taulupe, JD

Jtb had your SH Webb included on his missing list so I rightly included Zebo and Ryan (one of the best locks in the Top14 on form). Beirne is the best lock in Wales right now.. you’d love to have him. :D
Ruddock is Irish, his father is Welsh though. Conway is considered first choice by many.. he was definitely in with a shout.

The rest would have been pushing for 1st Choice or bench spots minimum.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 am 

YOYO wrote:
Jtb had your SH Webb included on his missing list so I rightly included Zebo and Ryan (one of the best locks in the Top14 on form). Beirne is the best lock in Wales right now.. you’d love to have him. :D
Ruddock is Irish, his father is Welsh though. Conway is considered first choice by many.. he was definitely in with a shout.

The rest would have been pushing for 1st Choice or bench spots minimum.

Webb is injured and available at this point, as he is with the Ospreys until the end of the season. Next season if he's injured then it's fair not to count him, but not now - he'd be starting almost certainly, in spite of his announcement.

You're right about Beirne, we'd have him in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am 

Why must you do this every time YOYO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 am 

Diego wrote:

Because its YOYO its what he does

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am 

The Sun God wrote:
CM11 wrote:

We are with PP anyway. Outright odds at the moment Ireland 2/9 and Wales 10/3, the draw is 20/1

Surprised the odds haven't shifted much, especially after the weekend. Wales may be weakened but they're still going to be very hard to beat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 pm 

c69 wrote:
Diego wrote:

Because its YOYO its what he does

Fair enough about Webb. Apart from that suck my big hairy Irish balls.

I for one am sick of Welsh nearly to a man on here hide behind excuses all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 pm 

Yoyo is really showing up the Irish.

Wales will lose this game but it is nothing to be ashamed about. This is our B team in what is a development year for the Welsh team.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:04 pm 

Ahhh yes the guise of our b team, they really are toast considering our A team came 5 th last year and barely beat georgia whilst taking another gaping from oz. A team...😂😂😂

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 pm 

Depends on the weather. Ireland could well stuff Wales if conditions are good. If not, we all saw how they were against the useless French

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:19 pm 

Wales are clear favourites.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:19 pm 

wales by 4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm 

Why just 4? :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm 

cubby boi wrote:

To tease us and gives us the (ultimately futile) hope of a last minute try in the corner to win.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm 

Dai another day wrote:

Wales will lose this game but it is nothing to be ashamed about. This is our B team in what is a development year for the Welsh team.

I run a one man show dai. Besides nobody can touch you for idiocy you’ll be happy to know.

So away from all that, how will Wales do against Ireland B? What about Gatland v Schmidt? Who’ll win that one?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm 

I’d like to see Faletau at 8, Biggar at 10 Watkin at 13, Liam at 15 and North at 14.

God knows what their injury status’ will be though.

Faletau as he’s just a fantastic player, Biggar, Liam and North to help with the Ariel bombardment that’s coming our way. Watkin as he’s the form player over Scott.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm 

I really hope there's some sort of TMO controversy, I think we can all agree that was the best part of England v Wales.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:11 pm 

bessantj wrote:
I really hope there's some sort of TMO controversy, I think we can all agree that was the best part of England v Wales.

Absolutely, we have less moral grand slams than Ireland have real ones. It’s an embarrassing blight on our records that we must address.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm 

Although our home form is excellent, this fixture always worries me.

Worried about repeating the same mistakes from last year and the two years before that. Wales have our number with the chop tackles and our lads can never get the momentum needed.

Last time we stuffed them was a wet day in 2014 and we cleaned them with our kicking game. If we play one out runners against this lot we won't win.

I don't know how Ireland will beat them. Honestly. They're facing a wall.

Last edited by iarmhiman on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm 

bessantj wrote:

Doesn't need to be TMO. Could be something like taking a quick lineout which leads to a try, but which never should have been allowed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
cubby boi wrote:

To tease us and gives us the (ultimately futile) hope of a last minute try in the corner to win.

Because Ireland dont generally lose by much when they do and Wales generally dont spank teams either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm 

YOYO wrote:
Dai another day wrote:

I run a one man show dai. Besides nobody can touch you for idiocy you’ll be happy to know.

So away from all that, how will Wales do against Ireland B? What about Gatland v Schmidt? Who’ll win that one?

Well Gats has by far the better track record.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Doesn't need to be TMO. Could be something like taking a quick lineout which leads to a try, but which never should have been allowed.

:lol: :lol: I could never imagine that happening. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 pm 

No getting away from the fact that our game style suits Wales. That's a huge concern.

(That and the fact that the Leekist bastards are generally bloody good footballers, which let's face it; is deeply annoying at the most inconvenient of times).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm 

LandOTurk wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Dai another day wrote:

Schmidt taking no prisoners after curtailing his face to face time with the media here.
Gatland is good but Jones toppled him last week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:46 pm 

cubby boi wrote:
I’d like to see Faletau at 8, Biggar at 10 Watkin at 13, Liam at 15 and North at 14.

God knows what their injury status’ will be though.

Faletau as he’s just a fantastic player, Biggar, Liam and North to help with the Ariel bombardment that’s coming our way. Watkin as he’s the form player over Scott.

So a bombardment of this stuff, our best hope.
https://www.huntoffice.ie/ariel-biologi ... uMQAvD_BwE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:

Or a tip tackle that should have been a red....that's always a good un.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:54 pm 

YOYO wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Dai another day wrote:

Schmidt taking no prisoners after curtailing his face to face time with the media here.
Gatland is good but Jones toppled him last week*.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm 

I'd say gatland will have the welsh lads frothing at the mouth in training over the TMO injustice...... that prick is literally a world expert in bearing a grudge

Best thing Joe could do is come out and say "Wales wuz robbed" ..... take the heat out of it and don't give the leekists a dressing room quote to bash their heads off for the next 10 days

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:56 pm 

Not worried about Ireland very dull boring side Wales by 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm 

Exactly Clive. More line breaks in this report I'm writing for work

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm 

Clive wrote:

Clive Simms wrote:

I think the Clive's are spot on in terms of how boring the Irish are.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:07 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
Clive wrote:

Clive Simms wrote:

I think the Clive's are spot on in terms of how boring the Irish are.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:16 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:

I'd like it if a team won with a drop goal after turning the ball over blatantly illegally.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:20 pm 

bessantj wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
bessantj wrote:

I'd like it if a team won with a drop goal after turning the ball over blatantly illegally.

Ireland have a 5m scrum in the final seconds. Navidi scoops the ball out of Murray's hands for one against the head.

That'd be great

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next