Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 am
Posts: 138
Hi guys,

As a french man, I have few reasons wanting to go in London : Trafalgar square, Waterloo station, Twickenham, what else but monuments dedicated to the victory of Evil over Good ?
But my point is that I found ONE reason, I want to watch this guy live : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJHX5yaumA

Do londoners know if I have any chance to see/hear him somewhere downtown ?
Any thoughts about the way he plays the guitar ?
That piece of music is so good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfizE0AMTwc


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16106
Location: By the mighty beard of Adam Jones
That's Oxford circus - about 10-15 mins walk from Trafalgar Sq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 am
Posts: 138
ok thanks.
Do you go there and around often ?
Have you seen this guy already ?
It seems he used to play around but I don't know if he's still there, in London.
I'm ready to have a weekend in London if he plays in some bar/pub.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8156
That is indeed Oxford Circus. Google suggests you could email this address..: info@miguelmontalban.com

...and find out where he's due to play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6095
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
Don't feed the stalker, dude. Could end badly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 am
Posts: 138
message #2527204 wrote:
Don't feed the stalker, dude. Could end badly.


Stalker ?
I'm just a fan !
Did you try a little playing the guitar ?
What the guy is doing is incredible. There are few artists left in music, everything is about electronics nowadays.
Not my fault if you don't have time for useless things, because they are the most important things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8156
maxime wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Don't feed the stalker, dude. Could end badly.


Stalker ?
I'm just a fan !
Did you try a little playing the guitar ?
What the guy is doing is incredible. There are few artists left in music, everything is about electronics nowadays.
Not my fault if you don't have time for useless things, because they are the most important things.


He's joking. :P

But honestly it seems Miguel Montalban is his name. Unfortunately (there are pros and cons) you now need a licence to perform in public areas here.

If you get no reply from the artist's address (above) email Transport for London, who hold all the licence info and addresses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 am
Posts: 138
Tim. wrote:
maxime wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Don't feed the stalker, dude. Could end badly.


Stalker ?
I'm just a fan !
Did you try a little playing the guitar ?
What the guy is doing is incredible. There are few artists left in music, everything is about electronics nowadays.
Not my fault if you don't have time for useless things, because they are the most important things.


He's joking. :P

But honestly it seems Miguel Montalban is his name. Unfortunately (there are pros and cons) you now need a licence to perform in public areas here.

If you get no reply from the artist's address (above) email Transport for London, who hold all the licence info and addresses.


Thanks Tim,
yes I know the guy's name, but I can't find his schedule on the internet, or even if he has one.
I'll try what you propose !
:)
I didn' get he was joking, but maybe he didn't taste my sense of humor in the initial post.
Not easy to joke in a non native langage. Why don't you all speak french ? The world would be easier...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6095
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
maxime wrote:
Tim. wrote:
maxime wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Don't feed the stalker, dude. Could end badly.


Stalker ?
I'm just a fan !
Did you try a little playing the guitar ?
What the guy is doing is incredible. There are few artists left in music, everything is about electronics nowadays.
Not my fault if you don't have time for useless things, because they are the most important things.


He's joking. :P

But honestly it seems Miguel Montalban is his name. Unfortunately (there are pros and cons) you now need a licence to perform in public areas here.

If you get no reply from the artist's address (above) email Transport for London, who hold all the licence info and addresses.


Thanks Tim,
yes I know the guy's name, but I can't find his schedule on the internet, or even if he has one.
I'll try what you propose !
:)
I didn' get he was joking, but maybe he didn't taste my sense of humor in the initial post.
Not easy to joke in a non native langage. Why don't you all speak french ? The world would be easier...

I do. :nod: ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8156
maxime wrote:
Tim. wrote:
maxime wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
Don't feed the stalker, dude. Could end badly.


Stalker ?
I'm just a fan !
Did you try a little playing the guitar ?
What the guy is doing is incredible. There are few artists left in music, everything is about electronics nowadays.
Not my fault if you don't have time for useless things, because they are the most important things.


He's joking. :P

But honestly it seems Miguel Montalban is his name. Unfortunately (there are pros and cons) you now need a licence to perform in public areas here.

If you get no reply from the artist's address (above) email Transport for London, who hold all the licence info and addresses.


Thanks Tim,
yes I know the guy's name, but I can't find his schedule on the internet, or even if he has one.
I'll try what you propose !
:)
I didn' get he was joking, but maybe he didn't taste my sense of humor in the initial post.
Not easy to joke in a non native langage. Why don't you all speak french ? The world would be easier...


I get you. Lived in France a few years myself. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6447
Keep your eyes open for this guy too, he's a froggie, Danial Jeanrenaud:
The article mentions he arrived in London in 1997. I got to know him shortly after that. I was a regular from 1992 in the kebab shop that is mentioned, The Marathon.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/dp9zkm/daniel-jeanrenaud-is-camdens-last-rockstar-290


And putting it out there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRL78q3BihA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 am
Posts: 138
Leinster in London wrote:
Keep your eyes open for this guy too, he's a froggie, Danial Jeanrenaud:
The article mentions he arrived in London in 1997. I got to know him shortly after that. I was a regular from 1992 in the kebab shop that is mentioned, The Marathon.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/dp9zkm/daniel-jeanrenaud-is-camdens-last-rockstar-290


And putting it out there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRL78q3BihA


Never heard about him before. What a life he had !
I'll keep him in the scope (do you say that in english?) and look for further recordings.
thanks mate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15754
Location: West of Londinium
Some sensational guitar work but the tempo was too high - it sounded pushed. :|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 am
Posts: 138
Gospel wrote:
Some sensational guitar work but the tempo was too high - it sounded pushed. :|


Yeah, I know what you mean. The first time I heard it, I thought the same : excellent but too quick, too many notes.
But after some replays, I now feel directly the way the guy feels and express that melody and make it his own one, and I find it fascinating because his finger skills are really rare.
Hard to express this in english, even in french.
Sultan of swing has always been on my short list of best songs ever, and Montalban gave to me a complete different perception of it, maybe more accurate, or sensitive.
And the way he builds the melody back, after the "pause" is just..wow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going to London
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5112
Can't wait for the day we finally leave the EUSSR and get to deport immigrant scum like this guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apposite, BBB, bessantj, booze, camroc1, ChipSpike, CrazyIslander, Demilich, Denirostaxidriver, earl the beaver, eldanielfire, englishchief, FairWeather_Aussie, Fangle, fatcat, Gospel, I like haggis, jinxed, Jumper, Kiwias, koroke hangareka, Leinster in London, Lobby, malky, Margin_Walker, mrbrownstone, New guy, Nieghorn, PCPhil, Slater582, tabascoboy, terryfinch, Toro, Wendigo7, zippy and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group