Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:32 am 

Hmm that's interesting, we seem to have brought all the different styles of props to the party.

Nariashvili/Chilachava/Asieshvili the Scrum Tanks

Zhvania/Peikrishvili- more mobile and slightly weaker in scrums.

Melikidze/Alkhazishvili - Have a long way to go.

Mamukashvili - Speaks English I guess

Missing

Bregvadze(hooker) is with Sunwolves
Kakovin a bit out of favor atm although I rate him highly.
Khatiashvili was not needed i guess, similar to Peikrishivli skill wise.
Kubriashvili possibly injured. probably the strongest Scrummager atm.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 am 

I felt it not necessary to post the preceding quotes. Light hearted bantz met with a grenade from croyals. I figured my retort was fair and just.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 am 

camroc1 wrote:
croyals wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Wayne Barnes festooned in England gear. Great that he's reffing us in the 6N :thumbup:

Must be quite the realisation when it hits you that he's an RFU employee...

No, it actually makes lots of sense.

He was educated in Wales. Helps a little in the tough situations, you know.

England didn't look like they took a pumping too much, but the Georgian scrum is tough. It used t be Argentina, how are they now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 am 

YOYO wrote:
I felt it not necessary to post the preceding quotes. Light hearted bantz met with a grenade from croyals. I figured my retort was fair and just.

It looked like you left them out because they were a bit 'inconvenient' to your argument.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:54 am 

Training scrums.

No one, bar those participating, know what the riding instructions for each pack were.

Nothing to see here really.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 am 

On the massive assumptions that these were genuinely competitive sets and that the scrum engagements were shown in chronological order, I'd say there's evidence there that the English pack was starting to improve over the course of the session.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:31 am 

Loved watching that - reminds me of scrummaging practice against Young Munster as a schoolboy and some killer scrummaging sessions with Shanning. There's something manly about a good scrummaging session, maybe mostly because you're not pissing about practicing passing with the backs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:53 am 

slopehead wrote:
Loved watching that - reminds me of scrummaging practice against Young Munster as a schoolboy and some killer scrummaging sessions with Shanning. There's something manly about a good scrummaging session, maybe mostly because you're not pissing about practicing passing with the backs.

... makes sense, given your username. ;)

With all those Georgian front rowers, they should enter one of those insane English village folk games and clean up!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am 

When are they going to replace Italy in the 6N?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am 

Frodder wrote:
When are they going to replace Italy in the 6N?

Can you list how many times Georgia won against a 6 Nations team?

I would like to see Georgia beat Italy and at least run close the other at full strenght
(Not like Wales last year, who fielded almost a B team).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 am 

True Blue wrote:
Rugby is the main sport in Georgia is it not? Will be interesting to see how they go against Italy later in the year.

Yep pretty sure it was mentioned on here that it's been the major sport since around 2011ish.

They will lose to Italy unless their forwards can win an absurd amount of penalties. A team composed of Georgian forwards (and their scrum half) and Italian backs would actually be decent.

That's not to say in 5-6 years they won't have backs at the level of their forwards. Now that would be a team to fear.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am 

Quote:
England head coach Eddie Jones says the training session with the Georgia Rugby team was a valuable learning lesson for his team.

The England pack took part in scrum and lineout sessions at Latymer Upper School as part of a two-day training session with Milton Haig's side, and Jones believes it will benefit them in their NatWest 6 Nations campaign.

"Georgia were just the sort of scrum we needed to scrum against - strong, scrummaged in a different way and the boys learnt a number of different things today," he said.

"I think early on they probably had the superiority but I think we came back fairly well so it was an excellent session from us, the players really enjoyed it.

"They [Georgia] just use their head and shoulders in different ways. There's different ways of exerting pressure in scrums and some of it is old fashioned and some of it is new fashioned and they just do different things.

"You've got to realise that they basically scrum for a living so our guys have learnt a number of different things."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 am 

FullbackAce wrote:
Hmm that's interesting, we seem to have brought all the different styles of props to the party.

Nariashvili/Chilachava/Asieshvili the Scrum Tanks

Zhvania/Peikrishvili- more mobile and slightly weaker in scrums.

Melikidze/Alkhazishvili - Have a long way to go.

Mamukashvili - Speaks English I guess

Missing

Bregvadze(hooker) is with Sunwolves
Kakovin a bit out of favor atm although I rate him highly.
Khatiashvili was not needed i guess, similar to Peikrishivli skill wise.
Kubriashvili possibly injured. probably the strongest Scrummager atm.

No offence or mafia racism or anything like that, but with these names, you will never make it to the 6N. Actually, it would even be easier to include Madagascar for the commentators and the crowd instead of Georgia.

Tips : if you want to fill a whole team with siblings and cousins, and exist as a regional state, just copy wales, and pick 2 easy names to call your players : Jones and Davies. It's a bit like NoNaming, but in a more commercial way.

Good luck with capitalism anyway, and welcome. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 am 

YOYO wrote:

"a grenade"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 am 

A good exercise for both teams. Interesting video, both sides looked very powerful with Georgia getting the nudge on in a lot of cases. There were a few times England seemed to have the upper hand too.

You can't read much into it on videos alone as the teams and players will be instructed to do specific things. Some teams may be allowed to 'cheat' and the opposing team needs to try and cope with that. There might also be specific scenarios they are working on, like losing the hit and then seeing if the pack can recover etc.

What I like about Eddie is he is always exploring new approaches to training, learning and improving not only the team, but specific units, players and even himself. Williams, George and LCD will have learnt a huge amount and even the likes of Mako, Marler and Cole would have too. There aren't many scrummaging units around as powerful and technical as Georgia and it is rare that the players face these sides.

These sessions can only be of benefit to England (and Georgia).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 am 

Angry_Bull wrote:
A good exercise for both teams. Interesting video, both sides looked very powerful with Georgia getting the nudge on in a lot of cases. There were a few times England seemed to have the upper hand too.

You can't read much into it on videos alone as the teams and players will be instructed to do specific things. Some teams may be allowed to 'cheat' and the opposing team needs to try and cope with that. There might also be specific scenarios they are working on, like losing the hit and then seeing if the pack can recover etc.

What I like about Eddie is he is always exploring new approaches to training, learning and improving not only the team, but specific units, players and even himself. Williams, George and LCD will have learnt a huge amount and even the likes of Mako, Marler and Cole would have too. There aren't many scrummaging units around as powerful and technical as Georgia and it is rare that the players face these sides.

These sessions can only be of benefit to England (and Georgia).

It was one of the things I like about SCW - always looking for an edge and prepared to investigate any approach even the slightly wacky ones.

Top level sport is often decided by very small percentages - if you can find a handful of things that each give you a fraction of a % advantage, it can make real difference. The difference between a Formula 1 car that wins the race, and one that it laps, is just 1-2 %.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Wayne Barnes festooned in England gear. Great that he's reffing us in the 6N :thumbup:

I enjoyed POC discussing the state of his neighbour, John Lacey's hedge veeery slooowly on co-comms during Scotland v France on the weekend. Surrealist broadcasting. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
a fun insight for anyone interested

the Georgians are some units :uhoh:

Suits me no end to see that.

Hopefully Cole and Vunipola realise how much work is needed, as do the other players.

Georg are a fantastic scrummaging unit. I hope the backs work they got helps them in the following games. :thumbup:

Looks like it was a useful exercise - and they seemed to be getting to grips with the Georgian scrum, eventually.

Wonder if we'll see any benefits against Scotland.

Difficult to tell. Lots of Barnes whistling but little indication of why, apart from one pen to Eng

Only penno he awarded was to Georgia

wow, you really are one-eyed...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm 

Some posters only come on to English-intetest threads to give vent to their anti-English biggotry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Some posters only come on to English-intetest threads to give vent to their anti-English biggotry.

I never post on other national threads. Do others, or is it limited to our thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm 

ovalball wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

I never post on other national threads. Do others, or is it limited to our thread.

I think were are quite accepting of posts on our official thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:22 pm 

croyals wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Must be quite the realisation when it hits you that he's an RFU employee...

Not at all, it's been blatantly obvious for many years.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm 

True Blue wrote:
Rugby is the main sport in Georgia is it not? Will be interesting to see how they go against Italy later in the year.

Not even close. Soccer and wrestling are their two major sports.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm 

ovalball wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

I occasionally post on others threads, normally asking about new signings, most recently it was asking about Danny Wilson.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:39 pm 

croyals wrote:
YOYO wrote:

"a grenade"

Yes croyals? Is that an apology I sense?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 pm 

YOYO wrote:
croyals wrote:
YOYO wrote:

"a grenade"

Not at all. The refs from Ireland that are on the international circuit are by far the worst of the lot, though they are marginal improvements on Alan Lewis who had the sole redeeming feature of being a cricketer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:

You're having a good go at the olding/Jackson thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:26 pm 

When I played there was nothing better that training with a superior forward's pack.

We used to learn a lot more and made us better players, I recall training against first division when I was just leaving youth divisions and even they massacred us it was an outstanding learning experience.

Of course this is a differente level, bar the first scrum I can't see Georgia pounding England and in my opinion that's not even close to reality. Most of the scrums are collapsing with no clear winner.

English's scrum is very strong and among the best ones.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 pm 

julian wrote:
When I played there was nothing better that training with a superior forward's pack.

We used to learn a lot more and made us better players, I recall training against first division when I was just leaving youth divisions and even they massacred us it was an outstanding learning experience.

Of course this is a differente level, bar the first scrum I can't see Georgia pounding England and in my opinion that's not even close to reality. Most of the scrums are collapsing with no clear winner.

It's not really much better than 'OK' - certainly not as dominant as we once were - normally holds its' own for the most part. It's much better than it was in the RWC when it got beasted - still can't understand what the coaches did to neuter it so badly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Liar liar, your panties on fire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:55 pm 

ovalball wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

I’ve only ever posted a quick congratulations sentiment, just a peep round the door and then a stroll back to normality. The Welsh thread has had the odd knock on the door, I can’t remember any fückwittery and never puts the guys off the Penderyn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm 

Plato'sCave wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

I’ve only ever posted a quick congratulations sentiment, just a peep round the door and then a stroll back to normality. The Welsh thread has had the odd knock on the door, I can’t remember any fückwittery and never puts the guys off the Penderyn.

Henry must have posted more on the English thread than the Welsh thread. Understandable really.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm 

ovalball wrote:
julian wrote:

It's not really much better than 'OK' - certainly not as dominant as we once were - normally holds its' own for the most part. It's much better than it was in the RWC when it got beasted - still can't understand what the coaches did to neuter it so badly.

Something in the fitness regime I remember being blamed, I think?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Liar liar, your panties on fire

Good post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:00 pm 

Keith wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:

Henry must have posted more on the English thread than the Welsh thread. Understandable really.

Maybe he feels more English

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:13 pm 

Frodder wrote:
When are they going to replace France in the 6N?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm 

A lot better than scrum machines. Stupid things.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
A lot better than scrum machines. Stupid things.

Are the frog national team still using that one built by eads/airbus? That machine looked incredible!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 am 

croyals wrote:
YOYO wrote:
croyals wrote:
YOYO wrote:

"a grenade"

Not at all. The refs from Ireland that are on the international circuit are by far the worst of the lot, though they are marginal improvements on Alan Lewis who had the sole redeeming feature of being a cricketer.

You idiot. :lol: By that logic JP Doyle is a plonker of a ref in your opinion. I don’t think you qualify as the judge in this game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 am 

The Sun God wrote:
True Blue wrote:

Not even close. Soccer and wrestling are their two major sports.

"Not even close"? The resident Georgian poster on this very bored/thread would disagree. In fact he has on various occasions.