Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10097
Location: Roodepoort
free_safety wrote:
Guns make even some of the most intelligent Americans become paranoid and flat out dense.


Your theory has one serious flaw......





:P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34636
Location: Hut 8
troglodiet wrote:
free_safety wrote:
Guns make even some of the most intelligent Americans become paranoid and flat out dense.


Your theory has one serious flaw......





:P

It was relative. Intelligent American = international simpleton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34939
This is pretty amazing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... obber.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5869
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
Seneca of the Night wrote:

lucky she didn't shoot her mother


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34939
message #2527204 wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:

lucky she didn't shoot her mother


Pretty close. But that geezer must have been wired on hooch and crack. He kept coming back for more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 am
Posts: 4148
Location: Newport, Gwent
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45340
Give guns to teachers. What could possibly go wrong?

https://m.chron.com/news/houston-texas/ ... 704202.php


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 3168
BlackMac wrote:
A semi-auto with a bump stock is virtually automatic. Stop being a agressive prick, because you are the one coming across as a moron.


Not virtually - they are.

I have fired one - 10 round gone.....

No reason for people to own one.

It's interesting reading about a large number of Vets coming out in disagreement with the need to own AR style rifles....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25097
Location: SOB>Todd
The damage by AR bullet wounds and 9mm bullet wounds to a body are like night and day.
There is zero reason for anyone outside of the military to have one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45340
If this is an accurate quote, he must be feeling a real prat right now (if he were still alive, that is)

Quote:
no freedom from fear


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10546
Location: Texas
To be fair to Chaz, he was using a musket.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3697
I can clearly see why a lot of Americans refuse to budge on the issue. If you have been up brought up all your life in a country where owning a weapon is an absolute "right", in the same way that freedom of speech, freedom of press, habeus corpus etc are all "rights", and the government suddenly decides they want to restrict that right, why wouldn't you say hell no? It's an issue of culture and to change that will take...god knows how long, if ever.

Like many others on this bored I have met intelligent, cultured American's who just lose all rationality and logic when the subject of guns is broached. It's a fuc ked up situation that country now finds itself in. The beginnings of the fall of the Empire?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
Floppykid wrote:
The damage by AR bullet wounds and 9mm bullet wounds to a body are like night and day.
There is zero reason for anyone outside of the military to have one.


What is the wound effect of the ..223 hunting caliber ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21661
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
Reagan was shot with a .22. With explosive bullets.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31786
Location: Chickenrunning...
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Reagan was shot with a .22. With explosive bullets.

He survived, you clown


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
Sandstorm wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Reagan was shot with a .22. With explosive bullets.

He survived, you clown



His bodyguard did not.

The weapon was a Roem14 revolver, banned from the streets as a Saturday night special - extreme low quality.

They do not need AR15s.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10546
Location: Texas
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Reagan was shot with a .22. With explosive bullets.

He survived, you clown
His bodyguard did not.
Sure you got the right incident?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
James Brady died in 2014 as result of that shooting. Suffered severe brain damage.

Quote:
Besides Reagan, White House Press Secretary James Brady , Secret Service agent Tim McCarthy ,
and Washington D.C. police officer Thomas Delahanty were also wounded in the attack. All three
survived, but Brady suffered brain damage and was permanently disabled, and he died in August
2014. His death was determined to be homicide because it was ultimately caused by the injury
received in 1981. [4][5]


Edit: he was Press Secretary, not bodyguard. Only bullet that exploded. Weird.


Last edited by Wilson's Toffee on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
Hinckley as another madman missed by the FBI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31786
Location: Chickenrunning...
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
James Brady died in 2014 as result of that shooting. Suffered severe brain damage.

Quote:
Besides Reagan, White House Press Secretary James Brady , Secret Service agent Tim McCarthy ,
and Washington D.C. police officer Thomas Delahanty were also wounded in the attack. All three
survived, but Brady suffered brain damage and was permanently disabled, and he died in August
2014. His death was determined to be homicide because it was ultimately caused by the injury
received in 1981. [4][5]

30 years later. Lawyer speak :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
He was disabled. Cabbage. Reasonable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25109
Location: Middle East
Floppykid wrote:
The damage by AR bullet wounds and 9mm bullet wounds to a body are like night and day.
There is zero reason for anyone outside of the military to have one.


I have a fair few pics of what different calibre and different type ammunition can do to human flesh. It's horrific what some of the stuff will do. The X-rays add some real context to these.

I'm trying to remember if this bloke was using any particular ammunition, seem to remember a few pics of boxes early on in the investigation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14752
Location: Haunting your dreams
Floppykid wrote:
The damage by AR bullet wounds and 9mm bullet wounds to a body are like night and day.
There is zero reason for anyone outside of the military to have one.


Erm what?

Plenty of reason to use 5.56mm bullets, they're not particularly powerful. I'd personally not use 5.56/.223 on moderatly large game like deer as it is inhumane due to insufficient stopping power.

A .308 does some proper damage.

Or do you mean the assault rifle itself?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
Seems there were three more deputies from Brower Country, cowering outside while Cruz enjoyed himself..

Were they waiting for Trump to arrive ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6134
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Seems there were three more deputies from Brower Country, cowering outside while Cruz enjoyed himself..

Were they waiting for Trump to arrive ?


Apparently they were all suffering from bone spurs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32343
Demilich wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Seems there were three more deputies from Brower Country, cowering outside while Cruz enjoyed himself..

Were they waiting for Trump to arrive ?


Apparently they were all suffering from bone spurs.



Yet they were carrying their firearms and badges, collecting pay ....

Seems as if Broward County does not value their children's lives very high.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3489
argus wrote:
I understand that

The question in my mind is why are fully automatic weapons banned but semi automatic weapons are not.

What is the distinction, from the viewpoint of the 2nd amendment?



Semi-automatic is virtually all guns except revolvers and single shot rifles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10546
Location: Texas
Sonny Blount wrote:
argus wrote:
I understand that

The question in my mind is why are fully automatic weapons banned but semi automatic weapons are not.

What is the distinction, from the viewpoint of the 2nd amendment?
Semi-automatic is virtually all guns except revolvers and single shot rifles.
Even in Heller the Supreme Court recognized some latitude for regulation. The reason why automatics have been successfully controlled is history (which now weighs on how the court looks at the reasonableness of regulation) and the impact that has in political terms.

Quote:
Gun laws expert Robert Spitzer of the State University of New York at Cortland says the bill President Reagan signed into law was more significant than it was perceived at the time.

"One can view the Congress' action in 1986 to ban civilian possession of fully automatic weapons as something of a kind of a precedent that would open the door for restricting civilian access to semiautomatic, assault-style weapons," Spitzer says.

Spitzer says a major reason the machine gun ban met so little resistance was a 1934 law passed a month after outlaws Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were killed in a hail of machine gun bullets. It required machine gun owners to pay a hefty tax, be fingerprinted and be listed on a national registry.

As a result, he says, sales of machine guns plummeted.

"It is a good example of something that is little known, which is a gun control law that was pretty effective in keeping such weapons out of civilian hands," he says. "So by 1986, when the provision was added to the Firearm Owners' Protection Act to bar any newly produced fully automatic weapon from possession by civilians, it was really a fairly small step to make, because so few of them were in circulation to begin with."

That's clearly not the case with the semiautomatic guns that polls show a majority wants banned today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 3168
Zakar wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
The damage by AR bullet wounds and 9mm bullet wounds to a body are like night and day.
There is zero reason for anyone outside of the military to have one.


Erm what?

Plenty of reason to use 5.56mm bullets, they're not particularly powerful. I'd personally not use 5.56/.223 on moderatly large game like deer as it is inhumane due to insufficient stopping power.

A .308 does some proper damage.

Or do you mean the assault rifle itself?


For someone who shoots, you don't seem to know much about the calibre.

5.56 Military is not the same as .223 Civilian.

It's designed to create a shockwave and damage internal organs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10790
Shamelessly nicked from someone’s FB

http://qklnk.co/4OwPnl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45340
Hong Kong wrote:
Shamelessly nicked from someone’s FB

http://qklnk.co/4OwPnl


#3 is just so sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15221
Hong Kong wrote:
Shamelessly nicked from someone’s FB

http://qklnk.co/4OwPnl

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22253
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Sandstorm wrote:
Seems a teacher was demoing a gun at school today and actually shot himself in the foot! :lol:


Bloody lucky he got it early. That foot could have done some serious damage if the good guy with a gun wasn't there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6995
Farva wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Seems a teacher was demoing a gun at school today and actually shot himself in the foot! :lol:


Bloody lucky he got it early. That foot could have done some serious damage if the good guy with a gun wasn't there.


They are often more effective "More than 60 percent of people in this country who die from guns die by suicide."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Posts: 6937
Richard Corcoran, speaker of the house in Florida (Republican, with a 93% approval rating from the NRA) writes a letter to the Governor demanding disciplinary action of the Sheriff of Broward County: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 8ac3247a29

93 Republican lawmakers (with no sense of shame) co-signed the letter scapegoating the cops despite the fact that its their dereliction of duty in failing to pass common sense gun laws that is the real, underlying problem here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6995
Smee wrote:
Richard Corcoran, speaker of the house in Florida (Republican, with a 93% approval rating from the NRA) writes a letter to the Governor demanding disciplinary action of the Sheriff of Broward County: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 8ac3247a29

93 Republican lawmakers (with no sense of shame) co-signed the letter scapegoating the cops despite the fact that its their dereliction of duty in failing to pass common sense gun laws that is the real, underlying problem here.


The sheriff isn't fault free, there were a fair few warnings on this kid; and laws available to action but nothing tangible done

But the sheriff is a democrat in one of the few counties in Florida that votes that way, so .................................... Republicans play politics shock


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45340
_fatprop wrote:
Smee wrote:
Richard Corcoran, speaker of the house in Florida (Republican, with a 93% approval rating from the NRA) writes a letter to the Governor demanding disciplinary action of the Sheriff of Broward County: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 8ac3247a29

93 Republican lawmakers (with no sense of shame) co-signed the letter scapegoating the cops despite the fact that its their dereliction of duty in failing to pass common sense gun laws that is the real, underlying problem here.


The sheriff isn't fault free, there were a fair few warnings on this kid; and laws available to action but nothing tangible done

But the sheriff is a democrat in one of the few counties in Florida that votes that way, so .................................... Republicans play politics shock


If he had been prohibited from buying guns through a licensed dealer, you know he would just have headed straight to the nearest gun show and bought one anyway. The current laws are totally ineffective.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20115
Location: STRAYA!
Holy shit. If you ever want to see blind craziness, check out the tweets under the hashtag #2a

Faaark me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm
Posts: 6937
_fatprop wrote:
Smee wrote:
Richard Corcoran, speaker of the house in Florida (Republican, with a 93% approval rating from the NRA) writes a letter to the Governor demanding disciplinary action of the Sheriff of Broward County: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 8ac3247a29

93 Republican lawmakers (with no sense of shame) co-signed the letter scapegoating the cops despite the fact that its their dereliction of duty in failing to pass common sense gun laws that is the real, underlying problem here.


The sheriff isn't fault free, there were a fair few warnings on this kid; and laws available to action but nothing tangible done

But the sheriff is a democrat in one of the few counties in Florida that votes that way, so .................................... Republicans play politics shock


No, the sheriff is not fault free but the buck ultimately rests with the people who make laws that allow mentally unstable kids to buy AR-15's.

Republicans care more for those campaign finance checks than American lives.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 749a, BBB, Bokkom, Brumby_in_Vic, camroc1, ChipSpike, danthefan, Diego, DragsterDriver, Joost, koroke hangareka, La soule, Lazy Couch potato, Luckycharmer, Margin_Walker, Mr. Very Popular, MunsterMan!!!!!, openclashXX, redderneck, Rinkals, RuggaBugga, SamShark, Santa, sim_in_mel, sonic_attack, The Man Without Fear, Turbogoat, Vicar of Dibley, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group