Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
Currently growing my annual winter beard. Just had to trim the moustache for equal length and to stop it creeping too far over the lip line.

The Mrs doesn't actually mind it, now that it has got past the bristley stage and is softer, so I'll keep it for the foreseeable future.

Who else has a beard (demilich, zappa) or is growing one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm
Posts: 2649
The Native wrote:
Currently growing my annual winter beard. Just had to trim the moustache for equal length and to stop it creeping too far over the lip line.

The Mrs doesn't actually mind it, now that it has got past the bristley stage and is softer, so I'll keep it for the foreseeable future.

Who else has a beard (demilich, zappa) or is growing one?


I have the Jerome Kaino goatee. I haven't quite got the physique to go with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11903
I shaved my beard in October and my girlfriend told me I looked like a child. So I guess I'm stuck with it for the forseeable future. My roommate, or flatmate is the more appropriate term here, hasn't trimmed his beard in something like 14 months. Absolutely disgusting but some girls seem to like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16754
I grew a beard for the first time a couple of months ago, I was going to a costume party as Captain Haddock.

Shaved it off afterwards though, wife hated it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
I shave where my neck meets my jaw to avoid the homeless/paedo shape. Bt apart from that it's a free range beard.


Last edited by The Native on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22012
Mine's 4 or 5 years going now. Took it off for Movember a couple years back, but it's been constant otherwise. Herself was resistant at first (she hated the goatee I had in previous years) but won't let me get rid now, and gets annoyed by the bristliness whenever I trim it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
These are relevant to the discussion.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22012
FujiKiwi wrote:
I have the Jerome Kaino goatee. I haven't quite got the physique to go with it.


I tried to get the Alessandro Del Piero sideburns going when a young man. I hadn't the physique, looks or, it turns out, the right facial hair or manual dexterity with a clippers and a Gillette Mach 3. I ended up more like John Quincy Adams.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12921
The Native wrote:
I shave where my neck meets my jaw to avoid the homeless/paedo shape. Bt apart from that it's a free range beard.


Along the jawline or underneath at your adam's apple?

Jawline beards look pretty paedo/slimy.

This guy gets it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsNwob3WMo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 7621
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KenydTXfzvo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
mr bungle wrote:
The Native wrote:
I shave where my neck meets my jaw to avoid the homeless/paedo shape. Bt apart from that it's a free range beard.


Along the jawline or underneath at your adam's apple?

Jawline beards look pretty paedo/slimy.

This guy gets it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsNwob3WMo


Just above the Adams Apple. This ain't my first rodeo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8350
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19477
Living in east London it's more idiosyncratic not to have a beard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
Mat the Expat wrote:
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Thought your was more of a goatee with novelty moustache length...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
FujiKiwi wrote:
The Native wrote:
Currently growing my annual winter beard. Just had to trim the moustache for equal length and to stop it creeping too far over the lip line.

The Mrs doesn't actually mind it, now that it has got past the bristley stage and is softer, so I'll keep it for the foreseeable future.

Who else has a beard (demilich, zappa) or is growing one?


I have the Jerome Kaino goatee. I haven't quite got the physique to go with it.


Unless you're Jerome Kaino, any one with a goatee is likely a bogan.

J.S.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8350
The Native wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Thought your was more of a goatee with novelty moustache length...


Last time I checked, that was still a beard................ :roll:

I've had every combination over the years.

Goeagles - post a pic :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18092
I have a beard, her name is....

and I've said too much. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
I like this whole beard thing. I don't have one and would never grow one; however I do respect others who give it a shot.


Mustaches though..... only fuckwits and plum that take themselves too seriously have mustaches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 853
I got married earlier this year and part of my vows were for me to never grow a beard as the wife hates them. I'm not fussed, I can grow a beard but it looks pretty shit and gets itchy as fudge.

As part of her vows, she had to vow not to ever plan anything on the night of an All Blacks test match so I think I came out on top there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
Davedj77 wrote:
I got married earlier this year and part of my vows were for me to never grow a beard as the wife hates them. I'm not fussed, I can grow a beard but it looks pretty shit and gets itchy as fudge.

As part of her vows, she had to vow not to ever plan anything on the night of an All Blacks test match so I think I came out on top there.


:thumbup:

Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper.

Nice boobies?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
Mat the Expat wrote:
The Native wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Thought your was more of a goatee with novelty moustache length...


Last time I checked, that was still a beard................ :roll:

I've had every combination over the years.

Goeagles - post a pic :lol:


I checked. Abe Lincoln had one so its good enough for me.

Pics incoming when I get the time and correct lighting to glorify myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
The Native wrote:

I checked. Abe Lincoln had one so its good enough for me.



Looked much more youthful and sexy without one though.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 853
towny wrote:
Davedj77 wrote:
I got married earlier this year and part of my vows were for me to never grow a beard as the wife hates them. I'm not fussed, I can grow a beard but it looks pretty shit and gets itchy as fudge.

As part of her vows, she had to vow not to ever plan anything on the night of an All Blacks test match so I think I came out on top there.


:thumbup:

Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper.

Nice boobies?



Hey thats my wife you are taking about! :x

(But yes, yes she does :) )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10303
towny wrote:
I like this whole beard thing. I don't have one and would never grow one; however I do respect others who give it a shot.


Mustaches though..... only fuckwits and plum that take themselves too seriously have mustaches.


This.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8350
towny wrote:
I like this whole beard thing. I don't have one and would never grow one; however I do respect others who give it a shot.


Mustaches though..... only fuckwits and plum that take themselves too seriously have mustaches.


Sounds like the bleatings of a guy with a barren top lip.

Or a waxer..............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22012
happyhooker wrote:
Living in east London it's more idiosyncratic not to have a beard


I live in Northern California. Even the lesbians have beards.


Davedj77 wrote:
As part of her vows, she had to vow not to ever plan anything on the night of an All Blacks test match so I think I came out on top there.


Did all her friends and relatives also vow to never plan any weddings, christenings, birthdays, retirement parties etc the night of a test? It's not the things she plans you have to worry about, it's the things others plan that you get dragged to. I'd revisit the wording if I were you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
Davedj77 wrote:
towny wrote:
Davedj77 wrote:
I got married earlier this year and part of my vows were for me to never grow a beard as the wife hates them. I'm not fussed, I can grow a beard but it looks pretty shit and gets itchy as fudge.

As part of her vows, she had to vow not to ever plan anything on the night of an All Blacks test match so I think I came out on top there.


:thumbup:

Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper.

Nice boobies?



Hey thats my wife you are taking about! :x

(But yes, yes she does :) )


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11903
Mat the Expat wrote:
The Native wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Thought your was more of a goatee with novelty moustache length...


Last time I checked, that was still a beard................ :roll:

I've had every combination over the years.

Goeagles - post a pic :lol:


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8350
Why are you giving the Taco guy a Rose?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 853
DOB wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Living in east London it's more idiosyncratic not to have a beard


I live in Northern California. Even the lesbians have beards.


Davedj77 wrote:
As part of her vows, she had to vow not to ever plan anything on the night of an All Blacks test match so I think I came out on top there.


Did all her friends and relatives also vow to never plan any weddings, christenings, birthdays, retirement parties etc the night of a test? It's not the things she plans you have to worry about, it's the things others plan that you get dragged to. I'd revisit the wording if I were you.


Hmm, good point. Fortunately her family are big rugby fans so I should be safe there. I guess I don't have everything covered but it's better than nothing! One of my best mates is a muso and is the most likely to screw me over. Last time I missed an AB game he had a gig on the same night and I went to it. I managed to go through most of the night not finding out what the score of the game was. Just before I was about to go home someone gave away the result. I was pretty pissed off and cursed my luck that I just had to have a mate who couldn't give a flying fudge about sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11903
Mat the Expat wrote:
Why are you giving the Taco guy a Rose?


Expressing my profound love for kebabs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
goeagles wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
The Native wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Thought your was more of a goatee with novelty moustache length...


Last time I checked, that was still a beard................ :roll:

I've had every combination over the years.

Goeagles - post a pic :lol:


Image


Well, there goes your cred.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19477
DOB wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Living in east London it's more idiosyncratic not to have a beard


I live in Northern California. Even the lesbians have beards.

.


Stoke Newington is much the same


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11903
towny wrote:
goeagles wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
The Native wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
I'm glad that Beards are on the way out, I've had a beard since I was 17.

Bandwagoners :frown:


Thought your was more of a goatee with novelty moustache length...


Last time I checked, that was still a beard................ :roll:

I've had every combination over the years.

Goeagles - post a pic :lol:


Image


Well, there goes your cred.


Crushing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8350
goeagles wrote:
Mat the Expat wrote:
Why are you giving the Taco guy a Rose?


Expressing my profound love for kebabs.


A worthy cause.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10358
DOB wrote:

I live in Northern California. Even the lesbians have beards.




My cousin lives in Northern California, up near the border with Nevada. It's that sort of place. He had a daughter last year; 6 months later his wife announces that they had a ceremony in which they buried the placenta under a nectarine tree. x(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21676
Location: Centre of the Universe
I've had a beard since 2007. I like the way it looks - no. 2 buzz every couple of weeks, shave the neck every other day (doesn't grow fast). It also probably lends me some respect from youts as well as it makes me look older (I have a baby face).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 31941
Location: Perth
goeagles wrote:
towny wrote:
goeagles wrote:

Image


Well, there goes your cred.


Crushing.


are your trousers aquamarine or turquoise?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22012
karahi wrote:
DOB wrote:

I live in Northern California. Even the lesbians have beards.




My cousin lives in Northern California, up near the border with Nevada. It's that sort of place. He had a daughter last year; 6 months later his wife announces that they had a ceremony in which they buried the placenta under a nectarine tree. x(


I don't live quite that far north. We had a game up that way this year, though. On the way to the drinkup after, we saw a local taking his yak for a walk through the town square.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beards
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8825
Location: Sinkers
I used to have a fairly majestic beard for a while but 2 years ago I started getting alopecia and have a sizeable patch under my chin that doesnt grow hair now. Its a bit bizzare.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessantj, Bing [Bot], Blake, Da iawn diolch, Fangle, fatcat, Google Adsense [Bot], Jensrsa, LandOTurk, lorcanoworms, Mick Mannock, Monk Zombie, Nieghorn, Oxbow, PornDog, Raggs, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group