Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39117
Location: in transit
Never in doubt :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 6653
Location: Sydney
Suck on that WASP!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
Santa, you beauty!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
Nasser hasn't seen Santner bat much before, I gather?

Dude can hit a cricket ball - his bat speed is insane.


Last edited by Marshall Banana on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11537
I didn’t at all give it up 15 overs ago. I always believed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 961
Hussein with the Hey Theo moment there bagging Santner and the NZ middle to lower order saying they would be the difference in the series as they did not look like they were capable of winning a game for NZ.

Nice one. Must be feeling a tit but to his credit he hasn't gone quiet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
BBB wrote:
:lol: Gotta love being a Black Caps supporter.


Always knew we were going to do it :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5806
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
So happy for Taylor that he is rewarded for his marvelous ton with the victory.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
tubbyj wrote:
Hussein with the Hey Theo moment there bagging Santner and the NZ middle to lower order saying they would be the difference in the series as they did not look like they were capable of winning a game for NZ.

Nice one. Must be feeling a tit but to his credit he hasn't gone quiet.


He's a good commentator, but he put the mockers on England there something fierce! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
BBB wrote:
Suck on that WASP!

Yeah, fuck you WASP!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
Sandstorm wrote:
Woakes chokes


:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1299
Location: Saint Paul
Worth staying up to 3 AM for.

Taylor and Latham laid the platform.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2052
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13205
Hell of a game. More "lead" changes than the Landers vs Blues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19844
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Can't see us getting close from here. All out for 260.


Good call.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17880
merlin the happy pig wrote:
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


:lol:

That's a very good comparison.

I think Santa was 2 off his first 9. Then he just went bonkers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10292
Location: Texas
puku wrote:
Worth staying up to 3 AM for.
Bless You ESPN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
merlin the happy pig wrote:
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


Good call indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5806
merlin the happy pig wrote:
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


Yeh he kind of reminds me of Vettori being languid and ungamely but a bigger hitter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
brat wrote:
merlin the happy pig wrote:
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


Yeh he kind of reminds me of Vettori being languid and ungamely but a bigger hitter


Ungamely is an interesting word. I assume it means non-sporting. Perhaps you were thinking of ungainly. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5806
Kiwias wrote:
brat wrote:
merlin the happy pig wrote:
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


Yeh he kind of reminds me of Vettori being languid and ungamely but a bigger hitter


Ungamely is an interesting word. I assume it means non-sporting. Perhaps you were thinking of ungainly. :lol:


:lol: yep that was the word I was looking for..been a long week


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
Tehui wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Can't see us getting close from here. All out for 260.


Good call.

Always happy to be proved wrong. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12926
Marshall Banana wrote:
merlin the happy pig wrote:
brat wrote:
:lol:

Fuk I thought Santner had blown it when he pissed around initially


He's channeling Chris Harris. Look for all the world like you've never held a bat for your first 20 deliveries, the bring it home with some ridiculous shots when all seems lost.

Good times. :P


:lol:

That's a very good comparison.

I think Santa was 2 off his first 9. Then he just went bonkers.


1 off 11? Then 44 off next 16. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22349
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
I didn’t at all give it up 15 overs ago. I always believed.



Same here - I went to bed cos I was tired, eh Guv


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7907
Location: Vandean Coast
Has Colin de Grandhomme ever delivered under pressure?
Nicholls needs more contributions too. At the moment it seems you can immediately write those two off when the innings needs rescuing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39117
Location: in transit
deadduck wrote:
Has Colin de Grandhomme ever delivered under pressure?
Nicholls needs more contributions too. At the moment it seems you can immediately write those two off when the innings needs rescuing

:)
http://lastwordoncricket.com/2018/01/16 ... o-victory/
Quote:
Colin de Grandhomme has played the innings of his life to help New Zealand secure a fourth straight victory over Pakistan as the home side got home with five wickets to spare.

With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure following the dismissal of his captain. After the game, Nicholls said his whole mindset was to build partnerships with the batsmen joining him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
guy smiley wrote:
deadduck wrote:
Has Colin de Grandhomme ever delivered under pressure?
Nicholls needs more contributions too. At the moment it seems you can immediately write those two off when the innings needs rescuing

:)
http://lastwordoncricket.com/2018/01/16 ... o-victory/
Quote:
Colin de Grandhomme has played the innings of his life to help New Zealand secure a fourth straight victory over Pakistan as the home side got home with five wickets to spare.

With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure following the dismissal of his captain. After the game, Nicholls said his whole mindset was to build partnerships with the batsmen joining him.


Yes, well, apart from that, what has de Grandhomme ever done for the BCs?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
Kiwias wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
deadduck wrote:
Has Colin de Grandhomme ever delivered under pressure?
Nicholls needs more contributions too. At the moment it seems you can immediately write those two off when the innings needs rescuing

:)
http://lastwordoncricket.com/2018/01/16 ... o-victory/
Quote:
Colin de Grandhomme has played the innings of his life to help New Zealand secure a fourth straight victory over Pakistan as the home side got home with five wickets to spare.

With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure following the dismissal of his captain. After the game, Nicholls said his whole mindset was to build partnerships with the batsmen joining him.


Yes, well, apart from that, what has de Grandhomme ever done for the BCs?

He took 6/41 on test debut, and scored the fastest ever maiden test hundred. He also scored 74* in an ODI against Pakistan as recently as mid-January, after he returned from Zimbabwe following the death of his father. But apart from that, nothing much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7907
Location: Vandean Coast
I guess you guys just glossed over the "under pressure" part of the question.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44552
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
deadduck wrote:
Has Colin de Grandhomme ever delivered under pressure?
Nicholls needs more contributions too. At the moment it seems you can immediately write those two off when the innings needs rescuing

:)
http://lastwordoncricket.com/2018/01/16 ... o-victory/
Quote:
Colin de Grandhomme has played the innings of his life to help New Zealand secure a fourth straight victory over Pakistan as the home side got home with five wickets to spare.

With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure following the dismissal of his captain. After the game, Nicholls said his whole mindset was to build partnerships with the batsmen joining him.


Yes, well, apart from that, what has de Grandhomme ever done for the BCs?

He took 6/41 on test debut, and scored the fastest ever maiden test hundred. He also scored 74* in an ODI against Pakistan as recently as mid-January, after he returned from Zimbabwe following the death of his father. But apart from that, nothing much.


It was a "Life of Brian" question. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:55 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39117
Location: in transit
deadduck wrote:
I guess you guys just glossed over the "under pressure" part of the question.



Quote:
With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure


nope.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1089
deadduck wrote:
I guess you guys just glossed over the "under pressure" part of the question.


Agreed. Corey Anderson can also be accused of this imo. Seems to go missing under pressure and against the big teams. Having said that, I would stick with both Colin and Corey when he gets back, and hope that they eventually come right. I say this simply because they provide the power hitting that is needed in the middle/lower order. When chasing 300+ scores, big hitting is needed to chase those totals down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5753
Kiwias wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
deadduck wrote:
Has Colin de Grandhomme ever delivered under pressure?
Nicholls needs more contributions too. At the moment it seems you can immediately write those two off when the innings needs rescuing

:)
http://lastwordoncricket.com/2018/01/16 ... o-victory/
Quote:
Colin de Grandhomme has played the innings of his life to help New Zealand secure a fourth straight victory over Pakistan as the home side got home with five wickets to spare.

With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure following the dismissal of his captain. After the game, Nicholls said his whole mindset was to build partnerships with the batsmen joining him.


Yes, well, apart from that, what has de Grandhomme ever done for the BCs?

He took 6/41 on test debut, and scored the fastest ever maiden test hundred. He also scored 74* in an ODI against Pakistan as recently as mid-January, after he returned from Zimbabwe following the death of his father. But apart from that, nothing much.


It was a "Life of Brian" question. ;)


I tried three times to post an 'aqueduct' response but gave up after all the whiteouts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16209
Kiwias wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Yes, well, apart from that, what has de Grandhomme ever done for the BCs?

He took 6/41 on test debut, and scored the fastest ever maiden test hundred. He also scored 74* in an ODI against Pakistan as recently as mid-January, after he returned from Zimbabwe following the death of his father. But apart from that, nothing much.


It was a "Life of Brian" question. ;)

Ah right...I was, er, distracted by a loud whooshing sound passing overhead. :roll: :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15258
Location: Auckland, NZ, Earth
Munro averages over 50 in first class cricket, so hopefully they try and build him into a test player. He's 30 though, not sure what the hold up is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2417
True Blue wrote:
Munro averages over 50 in first class cricket, so hopefully they try and build him into a test player. He's 30 though, not sure what the hold up is.


Surely after his form this summer he should get a look in. He's already taken McCullum's role at the top of the order, so no reason he couldn't take his #5 spot in tests too.

Although having said that, Nicholls' test form has been steadily improving recently (though still not where it needs to be), and the selectors have shown they're reluctant to drop him. I imagine his 100 against SA last year + 67 in the recent WI series will have bought him some leeway for now.

Can't really see a lineup of:

5. Munro
6. de Grandhomme

either. And given de Grandhomme has 2 50s and a 100 in his last 4 innings, he's not getting dropped in a hurry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7907
Location: Vandean Coast
guy smiley wrote:
deadduck wrote:
I guess you guys just glossed over the "under pressure" part of the question.



Quote:
With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure


nope.


He came in with 110 to get with 15 overs to go and 5 wickets in hand. Chasing that successfully should be expected at least 50% of the time.
It doesn't do enough to make up for all the non contributions

How many of the tri series games did we lose because our late middle order folded like a house of cards?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39117
Location: in transit
deadduck wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
deadduck wrote:
I guess you guys just glossed over the "under pressure" part of the question.



Quote:
With New Zealand in trouble, de Grandhomme smashed a half-century off just 25 balls to bat his side into a winning position. Alongside Henry Nicholls; the pair saw New Zealand home, notching up a match-winning partnership.

Nicholls himself also went past fifty in his most important innings yet, staying at the crease under immense pressure


nope.


He came in with 110 to get with 15 overs to go and 5 wickets in hand. Chasing that successfully should be expected at least 50% of the time.
It doesn't do enough to make up for all the non contributions

How many of the tri series games did we lose because our late middle order folded like a house of cards?


Don't be hating him because he's got a funny name, man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6766
True Blue wrote:
Munro averages over 50 in first class cricket, so hopefully they try and build him into a test player. He's 30 though, not sure what the hold up is.

Wasn't MicHuss in his early 30s when he cracked the Aussie side?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alliswell, clementinfrance, de_Selby, easyray, El Homerino, Farva, forrester, Google Adsense [Bot], Gospel, guy smiley, Hong Kong, hoogle, iarmhiman, Kiwiz007, Larry Murphy, lorcanoworms, Monk Zombie, pjm1, redderneck, RuggaBugga, Taranaki Snapper, terryfinch, TheBouncer, TranceNRG, Willie Falloon, Wylie Coyote and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group