Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

Which Saffer side will win in New Zealand
1. None 42%  42%  [ 8 ]
2. Stormers 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
3. Bulls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Lions 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
5. Sharks 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
6. Gaffie Du Toit 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
The interest this year is whether a Saffer side can beat a New Zealand side away.....I am sure naki can relate wih some horrendous stats that make a grown man want to cry.......

which side do you think will beat a Kiwi team away.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
Anyone playing the Blues have a good shout.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11537
Thai guy wrote:
Anyone playing the Blues have a good shout.

Yep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Anyone playing the Blues have a good shout.

Yep.
Just looked and the only SA team the Blues play at home is the Sharks on 31 March.

Locked in win for the Sharks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19001
Thai guy wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Anyone playing the Blues have a good shout.

Yep.
Just looked and the only SA team the Blues play at home is the Sharks on 31 March.

Locked in win for the Sharks.


The last time the Blues lost at home against a non-Kiwi side was in 2015 against the Lions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
Jensrsa wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Anyone playing the Blues have a good shout.

Yep.
Just looked and the only SA team the Blues play at home is the Sharks on 31 March.

Locked in win for the Sharks.


The last time the Blues lost at home against a non-Kiwi side was in 2015 against the Lions
They don't play the Lions at home this year. They play the Sharks, therefore the Sharks will win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18097
While it is true that over the last few seasons it’s been increasingly difficult for SA teams to get a win in NZ (just two in the last twenty) there’s a good chance this year with the huge injury count and extended AB camps meaning high profile players will be absent.

The Chiefs this weekend are running on fumes already for example, and Mitchell will be keen to make a statement on his “home” patch in Hamilton.

Other than that, the Sharks are always strong in Auckland. A good bet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14469
Location: XPAT CUNT
Chiefs and Saders have been gutted by injury, but still have plenty of depth. Blues don't have an aura, but are a good side on their day. Canes look very strong .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
Hey naki....how have the Sharks and Lions fared over there in Soup rugby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18097
Sards wrote:
Hey naki....how have the Sharks and Lions fared over there in Soup rugby


Sharks have usually been decent, 6 wins this decade (from 20 games).

Lions better of late (2 from the last 5) but obviously not as strong historically


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
naki wrote:
Sards wrote:
Hey naki....how have the Sharks and Lions fared over there in Soup rugby


Sharks have usually been decent, 6 wins this decade (from 20 games).

Lions better of late (2 from the last 5) but obviously not as strong historically



6 out of 20 as apposed to 2 out of 20.

Lets hope the Lions can catch up sometime in the next 10 years.... :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24162
Location: Middle East
Given the loss of personnel and the shitty run of luck regarding injuries in the Chiefs camp, they should be a real target of opportunity for visiting teams.
They are at their best in the helter-skelter high paced type rugby, so teams like the Bulls who are traditionally very good at slowing things down to a more slug-fest of a pace can really make it difficult for the Chiefs to thrive.

Still have high hopes for the Chiefs, but we can't afford any more injuries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31519
Location: Chickenrunning...
Stormers fan call-out thread. Reported. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
Which South African side will win their game this weekend.....

Obviously the Lions....


Other than that there is nothing that looks promising.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Sandstorm wrote:
Stormers fan call-out thread. Reported. :thumbdown:

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14469
Location: XPAT CUNT
Turbogoat wrote:
Given the loss of personnel and the shitty run of luck regarding injuries in the Chiefs camp, they should be a real target of opportunity for visiting teams.
They are at their best in the helter-skelter high paced type rugby, so teams like the Bulls who are traditionally very good at slowing things down to a more slug-fest of a pace can really make it difficult for the Chiefs to thrive.

Still have high hopes for the Chiefs, but we can't afford any more injuries.


Got Retallick back, and hes arguably the world's best player...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19001
Sards wrote:
naki wrote:
Sards wrote:
Hey naki....how have the Sharks and Lions fared over there in Soup rugby


Sharks have usually been decent, 6 wins this decade (from 20 games).

Lions better of late (2 from the last 5) but obviously not as strong historically



6 out of 20 as apposed to 2 out of 20.

Lets hope the Lions can catch up sometime in the next 10 years.... :thumbup:


7 of the last 14. The loss against the Blues was a hiccup but totally unnecessary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
Sards wrote:
naki wrote:
Sards wrote:
Hey naki....how have the Sharks and Lions fared over there in Soup rugby


Sharks have usually been decent, 6 wins this decade (from 20 games).

Lions better of late (2 from the last 5) but obviously not as strong historically



6 out of 20 as apposed to 2 out of 20.

Lets hope the Lions can catch up sometime in the next 10 years.... :thumbup:


7 of the last 14. The loss against the Blues was a hiccup but totally unnecessary



Away Jensra.......away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24162
Location: Middle East
Zakar wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Given the loss of personnel and the shitty run of luck regarding injuries in the Chiefs camp, they should be a real target of opportunity for visiting teams.
They are at their best in the helter-skelter high paced type rugby, so teams like the Bulls who are traditionally very good at slowing things down to a more slug-fest of a pace can really make it difficult for the Chiefs to thrive.

Still have high hopes for the Chiefs, but we can't afford any more injuries.


Got Retallick back, and hes arguably the world's best player...


Image

Retallick back is outstanding news. Now if we can just find 14 more uninjured players from somewhere...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Clogs, Google Adsense [Bot], guy smiley, Kahu, sando2000, Wilderbeast, Working Class Rugger and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group