Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 75  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30938
ovalball wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
I just do not get the point of sledging and slagging off opponents.

It has NOTHING to do with sport and plenty to do with being a cunt

Great to see that they are both facing charges.


Completely agree.

And glad that Warner's are more severe. de Kock shouldn't have retaliated, yes but at some point you reach the point of needing to say something to the twat. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21649
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Perhaps Warner's Captain needs some attention from the ICC officials about his lack of action - shall we say condoning - of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1513
Even Aussies at club levels are complete arse holes. They get personal as Mcgrath did with Sarwan but when the reply comes they dont like. The Saffers should hold up pics of SBW the next time Warner walks out to bat, it will bring it home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 444
I assume warner went after de kock as he's the only current test player smaller than him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21649
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Better still - all turn your backs on him and not sink to that level


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:17 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


So sledging is purely an Australian thing. No one sledges or acts like an arse in SA cricket?

Okay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16492
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16492
Thomas wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


So sledging is purely an Australian thing. No one sledges or acts like an arse in SA cricket?

Okay.

Not quite.

You seem to have the wrong end of the cucumber sandwich.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30938
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.

It's not the sledging that's an issue to me, it's 1) the extent the Aussies always seems to take it to and 2) the fact that they are usually the ones crying when they get it back. I guess we all need to play by their rules.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.


Agree, but no one on here suggesting Warner is innocent. He's an angry dullard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
saffer13 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.

It's not the sledging that's an issue to me, it's 1) the extent the Aussies always seems to take it to and 2) the fact that they are usually the ones crying when they get it back. I guess we all need to play by their rules.


Dude, one of your main strike bowlers was suspended for his behaviour last year. So quit with the "Aussies are the only bad guys" bullshit.

:lol:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2086
Enzedder wrote:
I just do not get the point of sledging and slagging off opponents.

It has NOTHING to do with sport and plenty to do with being a cunt

Great to see that they are both facing charges.


Worse still when people start to talk about the “art of sledging” - as if there’s anything particularly clever or creative about what they’re spouting :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30938
Thomas wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.

It's not the sledging that's an issue to me, it's 1) the extent the Aussies always seems to take it to and 2) the fact that they are usually the ones crying when they get it back. I guess we all need to play by their rules.


Dude, one of your main strike bowlers was suspended for his behaviour last year. So quit with the "Aussies are the only bad guys" bullshit.

:lol:

Image

You're having a laugh. Using one example from another team to diminish an entire aussie cricket cultural issue :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:47 pm
Posts: 3726
Location: Chukity - puck!!!
sunnybanana wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
I just do not get the point of sledging and slagging off opponents.

It has NOTHING to do with sport and plenty to do with being a cunt

Great to see that they are both facing charges.


Worse still when people start to talk about the “art of sledging” - as if there’s anything particularly clever or creative about what they’re spouting :lol:


5 day cricket is just as mental as physical. I am not talking about family here, but if the opposition are so emotional fragile, then poor baby. Sack up, grab a broom and skirt and go curling darling! Plenty of times players have lost it because they cannot hack it. Part of the game, like diving in poofball.

Someone has already won the mental battle. The question is who?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30938
The Optimist wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
I just do not get the point of sledging and slagging off opponents.

It has NOTHING to do with sport and plenty to do with being a cunt

Great to see that they are both facing charges.


Worse still when people start to talk about the “art of sledging” - as if there’s anything particularly clever or creative about what they’re spouting :lol:


5 day cricket is just as mental as physical. I am not talking about family here, but if the opposition are so emotional fragile, then poor baby. Sack up, grab a broom and skirt and go curling darling! Plenty of times players have lost it because they cannot hack it. Part of the game, like diving in poofball.

Someone has already won the mental battle. The question is who?

Not those crying about the sledging ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16492
Thomas wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.


Agree, but no one on here suggesting Warner is innocent. He's an angry dullard.

Steven Smith suggested that the fault lay entirely with de Kock.

He said none of the Aussies made any comment of a personal nature.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
Rinkals wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.


Agree, but no one on here suggesting Warner is innocent. He's an angry dullard.

Steven Smith suggested that the fault lay entirely with de Kock.

He said none of the Aussies made any comment of a personal nature.


So who are we to believe?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16492
Thomas wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.

It's not the sledging that's an issue to me, it's 1) the extent the Aussies always seems to take it to and 2) the fact that they are usually the ones crying when they get it back. I guess we all need to play by their rules.


Dude, one of your main strike bowlers was suspended for his behaviour last year. So quit with the "Aussies are the only bad guys" bullshit.

:lol:

Image

Not sure if you are being deliberately disingenuous.

I don't think there is anyone who thought that telling Stokes to fuck off warranted a banning (apart from England supporters, obviously).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16492
Thomas wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Rowdy wrote:
From what I gather, this is just how the game's played in Aus. Test team mates one week, abusive state rivals the next. I don't think they save it up for test matches. It's a tough game, despite the tea and cucumber sandwiches image.


I have no issue with it, to be honest.

A large part of the game is played in the head and if you burst into tears at the first hint of a personal insult, then you aren't suited to test cricket. Nor club cricket for that matter.

I do have issue with the notion that David Warner is innocent of all charges and that the real bad guy is Quinton de Kock as suggested by Steve Smith. I also find the idea that Faf du Plessis is at fault for not controlling his players better to be similarly risible.

Similarly, I thought that AB de Villiers deserved to be humiliated by Lyon, given the stupidity of his dismissal.


Agree, but no one on here suggesting Warner is innocent. He's an angry dullard.

Steven Smith suggested that the fault lay entirely with de Kock.

He said none of the Aussies made any comment of a personal nature.


So who are we to believe?

Well, Steven Smith, obviously.

Despite the inherent implausibility of the notion of Saint Davie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:09 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
Old mate saffee was suggesting that sledging is a solely Australian past time which is always the argument trotted out.

Past instances suggest all teams do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14584
Location: Tahstown
Masterji wrote:
Even Aussies at club levels are complete arse holes. They get personal as Mcgrath did with Sarwan but when the reply comes they dont like. The Saffers should hold up pics of SBW the next time Warner walks out to bat, it will bring it home.

:lol: its turned into the inevitable attack on the Australian nation in general......surprised it took 11 pages


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21649
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
The Optimist wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
I just do not get the point of sledging and slagging off opponents.

It has NOTHING to do with sport and plenty to do with being a cunt

Great to see that they are both facing charges.


Worse still when people start to talk about the “art of sledging” - as if there’s anything particularly clever or creative about what they’re spouting :lol:


5 day cricket is just as mental as physical. I am not talking about family here, but if the opposition are so emotional fragile, then poor baby. Sack up, grab a broom and skirt and go curling darling! Plenty of times players have lost it because they cannot hack it. Part of the game, like diving in poofball.

Someone has already won the mental battle. The question is who?


So is golf and they don't feel the need to slag off their opponents.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14584
Location: Tahstown
Thomas wrote:
Old mate saffee was suggesting that sledging is a solely Australian past time which is always the argument trotted out.

Past instances suggest all teams do it.

Trouble is you need the cricket to back it up and only Oz and India can do that right now.
SA were pathetic this test, they know it so they had to pull the old your wife so and so.....thats all they have.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16492
grievous wrote:
Masterji wrote:
Even Aussies at club levels are complete arse holes. They get personal as Mcgrath did with Sarwan but when the reply comes they dont like. The Saffers should hold up pics of SBW the next time Warner walks out to bat, it will bring it home.

:lol: its turned into the inevitable attack on the Australian nation in general......surprised it took 11 pages


Jesus, don't be such a snivelling victim.

Quote:
It may have made for some entertaining viewing, but Warner v De Kock has only served to detract from what should have been the major talking points to come out of Kingsmead.

Aiden Markram's 143 in the second innings will go down as the Test knock that saw him announce himself. He had scored centuries against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, but this knock came in a pressure situation against a quality bowling attack and with his side up against it.

Markram oozed class throughout, and after a difficult little period either side of his short stint as ODI captain, he has re-affirmed his position as one of the brightest prospects in South African cricket.

Still just 23, Markram looks the real deal just seven Tests into his career. He will score bucket loads of runs for his country, and the first Test at Kingsmead will be where it all started.

There was also a return to form for De Kock, who made 83 in South Africa's second innings. With three Test matches still to play, an in-form De Kock is crucial to the Proteas challenge.

De Kock's batting is what we should have been talking about.

Keshav Maharaj's nine wickets in the Test was the other positive for the Proteas.

More important than all of that, though, is that the Proteas were outplayed and now face an uphill task if they are to emerge with a series victory here.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Columnists/LloydBurnard/warner-v-de-kock-detracts-from-real-kingsmead-issues-20180306


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8873
Location: Plum
Enzedder wrote:
Perhaps Warner's Captain needs some attention from the ICC officials about his lack of action - shall we say condoning - of it.


fudge me you go on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11940
saffer13 wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
I just do not get the point of sledging and slagging off opponents.

It has NOTHING to do with sport and plenty to do with being a cunt

Great to see that they are both facing charges.


Worse still when people start to talk about the “art of sledging” - as if there’s anything particularly clever or creative about what they’re spouting :lol:


5 day cricket is just as mental as physical. I am not talking about family here, but if the opposition are so emotional fragile, then poor baby. Sack up, grab a broom and skirt and go curling darling! Plenty of times players have lost it because they cannot hack it. Part of the game, like diving in poofball.

Someone has already won the mental battle. The question is who?

Not those crying about the sledging ;)


Warner certainly lost it - quite a spectacular meltdown - poor little petal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30938
Thomas wrote:
Old mate saffee was suggesting that sledging is a solely Australian past time which is always the argument trotted out.

Past instances suggest all teams do it.

Not true. Crying about it when it's given back to them however seems to be ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3538
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Around and around we go, simple fact, lived in Australia for over 10 years and to sum it up for you the Aussie blokey blokes think a Shane Warne type is a top mate but in reality they are pretty shit :lol: :lol: Imagine how you would feel if one of your children were romantically involved with these types :? .

For an average Aussie(clearly not the elitist PR ones) don't like this shit show, they think its crazy you get paid millions of dollars, have talent and get to play the sport you love for a living but act like a spoilt brat when things don't go your way.

Thankfully Warner and QDK have been charged, yes Warner more severe but still correct as he acted the bafooon. Warner would have been physical if not for his team mates. The average person doesn't accept that two wrongs make a right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
odd144 wrote:
Around and around we go, simple fact, lived in Australia for over 10 years and to sum it up for you the Aussie blokey blokes think a Shane Warne type is a top mate but in reality they are pretty shit :lol: :lol: Imagine how you would feel if one of your children were romantically involved with these types :? .

For an average Aussie(clearly not the elitist PR ones) don't like this shit show, they think its crazy you get paid millions of dollars, have talent and get to play the sport you love for a living but act like a spoilt brat when things don't go your way.

Thankfully Warner and QDK have been charged, yes Warner more severe but still correct as he acted the bafooon. Warner would have been physical if not for his team mates. The average person doesn't accept that two wrongs make a right.


I honestly have never met anyone who thinks Shane Warne is a top bloke.

He's a larrikan and was a genius on the pitch but everyone knows he's a chunky, weird bogan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6647
Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Around and around we go, simple fact, lived in Australia for over 10 years and to sum it up for you the Aussie blokey blokes think a Shane Warne type is a top mate but in reality they are pretty shit :lol: :lol: Imagine how you would feel if one of your children were romantically involved with these types :? .

For an average Aussie(clearly not the elitist PR ones) don't like this shit show, they think its crazy you get paid millions of dollars, have talent and get to play the sport you love for a living but act like a spoilt brat when things don't go your way.

Thankfully Warner and QDK have been charged, yes Warner more severe but still correct as he acted the bafooon. Warner would have been physical if not for his team mates. The average person doesn't accept that two wrongs make a right.


I honestly have never met anyone who thinks Shane Warne is a top bloke.

He's a larrikan and was a genius on the pitch but everyone knows he's a chunky, weird bogan.




Dazza and Wombat from Werribee disagree.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am
Posts: 3065
Fark me I hate sledging with a passion. Okay, I grew up in a totally different era, the blokes I played with when I first played senior cricket had seen military duty, or were old enough during WW2 to understand what real conflict was about, and what mental and physical damage it could cause.


It was unthinkable that anybody would say anything to an opponent, other than "good shot mate" or "well bowled", and we meant it.


The famous quote from Keith Miller still applies: "Pressure? I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmidt up your arse".


Warner should grow up. He does not need to react to slurs, on or off the field. To do so is to admit that you are a weak bastard, frankly.


Last edited by wamberal99 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21051
Well Shane Warne is from Ferntree Gully and spent a lot of his youth in St Kilda (St Kilda in the 80s was nothing like how it is now).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11940
wamberal99 wrote:
Fark me I hate sledging with a passion. Okay, I grew up in a totally different era, the blokes I played with when I first played senior cricket had seen military duty, or were old enough during WW2 to understand what real conflict was about, and what mental and physical damage it could cause.


It was unthinkable that anybody would say anything to an opponent, other than "good shot mate" or "well bowled", and we meant it.


The famous quote from Keith Miller still applies: "Pressure? I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmidt up your arse".


Warner should grow up. He does not need to react to slurs, on or off the world. To do so is to admit that you are a weak bastard, frankly.


:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38643
Location: in transit
grievous wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Old mate saffee was suggesting that sledging is a solely Australian past time which is always the argument trotted out.

Past instances suggest all teams do it.

Trouble is you need the cricket to back it up and only Oz and India can do that right now.
SA were pathetic this test, they know it so they had to pull the old your wife so and so.....thats all they have.



Couple of points here and I think you've both sort of narrowed in on what keeps the thread churning...

yeah, all teams seem to indulge in sledging to varying degrees. It's definitely not just the Aussies. However, it usually gets elevated to ridiculous degrees when Australia are involved and while the Aussie team are happy to get into the faces of their opponents it does look as if they struggle when it comes back. That seems to be a trend that is growing. Perhaps other teams are getting better at taking it back to them or... and here's a rub. Smith came out in his press conference and said with a straight face it was instigated by deKock and Warner was innocent, so perhaps there's an attitude about being untouchable that leads to over reaction.

Either way, this shit definitely revolves around the Australian team to a greater degree than it does other teams and it's getting worse. It's not a good look.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
guy smiley wrote:
grievous wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Old mate saffee was suggesting that sledging is a solely Australian past time which is always the argument trotted out.

Past instances suggest all teams do it.

Trouble is you need the cricket to back it up and only Oz and India can do that right now.
SA were pathetic this test, they know it so they had to pull the old your wife so and so.....thats all they have.



Couple of points here and I think you've both sort of narrowed in on what keeps the thread churning...

yeah, all teams seem to indulge in sledging to varying degrees. It's definitely not just the Aussies. However, it usually gets elevated to ridiculous degrees when Australia are involved and while the Aussie team are happy to get into the faces of their opponents it does look as if they struggle when it comes back. That seems to be a trend that is growing. Perhaps other teams are getting better at taking it back to them or... and here's a rub. Smith came out in his press conference and said with a straight face it was instigated by deKock and Warner was innocent, so perhaps there's an attitude about being untouchable that leads to over reaction.

Either way, this shit definitely revolves around the Australian team to a greater degree than it does other teams and it's getting worse. It's not a good look.


Maybe Smith is correct? We won't ever find out.

But, gee. That footage was leaked pretty damn quickly, wasn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21051
Far quicker than the Matt Lodge video from three years ago where there was an actual punch thrown that has been doing the rounds this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38643
Location: in transit
Thomas wrote:
Maybe Smith is correct? We won't ever find out.

But, gee. That footage was leaked pretty damn quickly, wasn't it?


What was the media generated scandal that wasn't when England were here this summer?

And what was it last summer?

And the year before that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3538
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Quote:
Paine insists Australia did not cross a line, but de Kock did
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... e-kock-did


What game are Australia playing, the poor little victim card? Was Warner fighting for his life, how does getting physical equate from " but but he reminded me that my wife sucked SBWs cock!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
guy smiley wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Maybe Smith is correct? We won't ever find out.

But, gee. That footage was leaked pretty damn quickly, wasn't it?


What was the media generated scandal that wasn't when England were here this summer?

And what was it last summer?

And the year before that?


Go on, tell us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:45 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20110
Location: STRAYA!
odd144 wrote:
Quote:
Paine insists Australia did not cross a line, but de Kock did
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... e-kock-did


What game are Australia playing, the poor little victim card? Was Warner fighting for his life, how does getting physical equate from " but but he reminded me that my wife sucked SBWs cock!"


I guess they don't like hearing the blatant lies coming from the SA camp. He's right though. If Warner was constantly sledging QDK about his family, surely one of the umpires would have heard, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 75  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, dargotronV.1, earl the beaver, EverReady, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], Grizz Wyllie, HighKingLeinster, Joost, Leinsterman, mr bungle, Mullet 2, Petros, SamShark, tabascoboy, Thomas, True Blue, usermame, Yourmother and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group