Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm 

guy smiley wrote:

Either way, this shit definitely revolves around the Australian team to a greater degree than it does other teams and it's getting worse. It's not a good look.
It's not getting worse. All teams are far better behaved than twenty years ago. There's just a lot more cameras and microphones out there these days

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:50 pm 

749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Either way, this shit definitely revolves around the Australian team to a greater degree than it does other teams and it's getting worse. It's not a good look.
It's not getting worse. All teams are far better behaved than twenty years ago. There's just a lot more cameras and microphones out there these days

Yep. Very true.

The players of the 70's, 80's and 90's weren't saints.

I remember Steve Waugh laughing about being sledged by the Saffas after they were let back into world sport. Reckons they were relentlessly gibbering at him in Afrikaans every time he walked out to bat. It takes a special kind of stupid to sledge someone in a language they don't understand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:51 pm 

Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Quote:
Paine insists Australia did not cross a line, but de Kock did
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... e-kock-did

What game are Australia playing, the poor little victim card? Was Warner fighting for his life, how does getting physical equate from " but but he reminded me that my wife sucked SBWs cock!"

I guess they don't like hearing the blatant lies coming from the SA camp. He's right though. If Warner was constantly sledging QDK about his family, surely one of the umpires would have heard, right?

True but immaterial as Warners actions were far worse after the fact, are you forgetting that QDK has a level 1 charge and Warner a level 2, seems spot on to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 pm 

Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Quote:

What game are Australia playing, the poor little victim card? Was Warner fighting for his life, how does getting physical equate from " but but he reminded me that my wife sucked SBWs cock!"

I guess they don't like hearing the blatant lies coming from the SA camp. He's right though. If Warner was constantly sledging QDK about his family, surely one of the umpires would have heard, right?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-07/d ... tion=sport
Quote:
"The umpires officiating in the Durban Test have reported Warner for a level two offence and de Kock for a level one offence for 'conduct that brings the game into disrepute'," the ICC said in a statement on its website.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 pm 

odd144 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Quote:

True but immaterial as Warners actions were far worse after the fact, are you forgetting that QDK has a level 1 charge and Warner a level 2, seems spot on to me.

I'm not forgetting that at all. Warner deserves what he gets. He was out of line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 pm 

Thomas wrote:
749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Yep. Very true.

I remember Steve Waugh laughing about being sledged by the Saffas after they were let back into world sport. Reckons they were relentlessly gibbering at him in Afrikaans every time he walked out to bat. It takes a special kind of stupid to sledge someone in a language they don't understand.

If he didn’t understand the language, how did he know they were even talking about him??

More Aussie arrogance :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:58 pm 

Storm in a teacup and unfortunately overshadows a dominant display by the Aussies.
Warner does need to tone it down a bit and let his bat do the talking.

Cant wait for Friday. Looks like its going to be a good series. If we win it the focus of the Saffas will be on the sledging.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:00 am 

Thomas wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Quote:

Umpires never get themselves involved unless it looks like it might get physical or there is a real stand up confrontation/row.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:00 am 

Thomas wrote:
749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Yep. Very true.

Well when we sledge in English you lot start crying and want to fight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 am 

saffer13 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Yep. Very true.

Well when we sledge in English you lot start crying and want to fight.

You'd have to wonder how he knew they were sledging if he couldn't understand what was being said............

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:03 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
Thomas wrote:
749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Yep. Very true.

If he didn’t understand the language, how did he know they were even talking about him??

Because they were staring at him while gibbering in baby dutch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:17 am 

Wee Davey would've insisted that they speak English, like he did to Rohit Sharma.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 am 

Thomas wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Thomas wrote:
749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Yep. Very true.

:lol: :lol:

Cricket threads really bring out the best in you Thomas :thumbup:

I can see why you'd struggle with the idea that maybe the Aussies put a foot wrong on the pitch every now and then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 am 

As someone pointed out recently, the Aussies dont sledge the Inds because of IPL contracts. So Kohli can say and do anything and the greedy Aussies just grin and bare.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 am 

Masterji wrote:
the greedy Aussies just grin and bare.

Bare what? Their bums? I think we should be told the truth about this outrage. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:03 am 

Thomas wrote:
749a wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Yep. Very true.

I have heard the Indians are notorious for not sledging in English...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 am 

guy smiley wrote:

Cricket threads really bring out the best in you Thomas :thumbup:

I can see why you'd struggle with the idea that maybe the Aussies put a foot wrong on the pitch every now and then.

:lol: :lol:

I've never said they didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 am 

Has our Davey been exonerated yet?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 am 

Bindi wrote:
Has our Davey been exonerated yet?

Personally, I hope they ban him for life. Along with all the other classless Australian cricketers. Especially Brad Haddin - someone in the NZ media, probably.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:25 am 

One thing I think we can all agree on. If you want to get one up on the Australian cricketers, focus on their wives and girlfriends.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:35 am 

Masterji wrote:
As someone pointed out recently, the Aussies dont sledge the Inds because of IPL contracts. So Kohli can say and do anything and the greedy Aussies just grin and bare.

:lol:

Sewag said that last year but that isn't true though, is it?

The Aussies don't sledge Kohli because that actually fires him up and he plays better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:42 am 

Thomas wrote:
Masterji wrote:

The Aussies don't sledge Kohli because that actually fires him up and he plays better.

Interesting. I have heard rumours that bullies don't pick on those that can respond.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:43 am 

Clogs wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Masterji wrote:

Interesting. I have heard rumours that bullies don't pick on those that can respond.

You've gotta know when to hold 'em, boet. Know when to fold 'em.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:45 am 

There is many a story of Tony Greig providing a master class in sledging for many years of playing Sydney club cricket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:47 am 

Thomas wrote:
Clogs wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Masterji wrote:

You've gotta know when to hold 'em, boet. Know when to fold 'em.

Sage advice to which I have no comeback.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 am 

Just seen some footage on Foxsports.

Warner sledges de Kock on the boundary rope by calling him a “f$&king sook...” as the 2 S.A batsmen are taking off their helmets on the boundary rope after they’ve gone off for the tea break,FFS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:56 am 

Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Maybe Smith is correct? We won't ever find out.

But, gee. That footage was leaked pretty damn quickly, wasn't it?

What was the media generated scandal that wasn't when England were here this summer?

And what was it last summer?

And the year before that?

Go on, tell us.

There you go, for such an innocent chap, he sure seems to attract a lot of ire, you know from match officials and the like

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22652456/warner-long-history-altercations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 am 

BBB wrote:
Just seen some footage on Foxsports.

Warner sledges de Kock on the boundary rope by calling him a “f$&king sook...” as the 2 S.A batsmen are taking off their helmets on the boundary rope after they’ve gone off for the tea break,FFS.

Yep just seen it. Ordinary.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:02 am 

jambanja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Thomas wrote:

What was the media generated scandal that wasn't when England were here this summer?

Go on, tell us.

There you go, for such an innocent chap, he sure seems to attract a lot of ire, you know from match officials and the like

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22652456/warner-long-history-altercations

No one has said he was innocent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 am 

Thomas wrote:
jambanja wrote:
Thomas wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Go on, tell us.

No one has said he was innocent.

Tim Paine does not share your sentiment.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22667855/paine-insists-australia-did-not-cross-line-de-kock-did

Last edited by Clogs on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 am 

Does history repeat?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-25/warner-admits-sledging-went-too-far/5114626

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 am 

When is the hearing? Warner could be banned for a level two charge and the second test mustn't be far away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 am 

I believe the hearing is for this evening SA time.

Warner will not get banned. FACT!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:13 am 

Hey guys. I will be at the PE test from day 1 all the way through to hopefully day 5.

Any ideas for a nice poster?

Thanks in advance

XOXO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 am 

Big Nipper wrote:
Hey guys. I will be at the PE test from day 1 all the way through to hopefully day 5.

Thanks in advance

XOXO

Yep. Wear an all yellow outfit and barrack for Australia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:23 am 

wamberal99 wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:

Thanks in advance

XOXO

Yep. Wear an all yellow outfit and barrack for Australia.

Nah gonna need something a lil' bit more spicy with less Canary yellow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 am 

Thomas wrote:

Racist much?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 am 

Big Nipper wrote:

Thanks in advance

XOXO

Don’t make direct eye-contact with David Warner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:55 am 

BBB wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:

Thanks in advance

XOXO

Don’t make direct eye-contact with David Warner.

Tricky unless he was looking down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:24 am 

The people doing the investigation (having the most information) found that Warner was more guilty than De Kock. Case closed.

I reckon if you take history into account, we know who the guilty party was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 75  Next