Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:32 pm 

Well, Quintin tried to solve the problem, it seems. Only the umps were having none of it - apparently. Pity he had to play too rough, for the man to face, but he was provoked .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:33 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
My understanding of the exchange regarding Warner's use of the term "sook" is that de Kock was trying to get the umpires to intervene without success.

The term 'sook' is a mispronunciation of the word 'suck', as in someone who 'sucks up to' a person in authority. Basic kindergarten 101.

A 'sook' in Australia and NZ is a crybaby.

Which supports my understanding of the exchange.

Yes, and it adds some succulence to Davey's resulting breakdown.

#prayforDavey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:40 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 pm 

Love it. If only I was more confident of our team being competitive in this match though...just to add some teeth behind the bark so to speak.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 am 

Big day is here, Davey the Reverend, the saint, saviour of the innocent, the family defender, is gonna hurt my team with actions and words :(( .

COME ON PROTEAS...mostly need to win this test, so it doesn't become another one sided series.

Conditions: Dry and abrasive pitch hmmm, reverse swing for big bad Starc (Warne didn't think so a few years back) and Lyon(also not rated 5 years ago) tearing through the frightened Proteas!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:01 am 

odd144 wrote:
Big day is here, Davey the Reverend, the saint, saviour of the innocent, the family defender, is gonna hurt my team with actions and words

This seems appropriate here but I am not sure what/who Davey is. Thoughts?

Quote:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 am 

Rinkals wrote:
My understanding of the exchange regarding Warner's use of the term "sook" is that de Kock was trying to get the umpires to intervene without success.

The term 'sook' is a mispronunciation of the word 'suck', as in someone who 'sucks up to' a person in authority. Basic kindergarten 101.

So Warner het ge"sook" vir kak?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 am 

Waiting for the test start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:55 am 

New Zealand are nice guys, like us - Du Plessis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:18 am 

This is a good read. Someone has broken down the conduct breaches and penalties per country in the last couple of years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/comments/82vwjk/icc_code_of_conduct_breaches_and_penalties_since/

To break it down, here are the number of deducted demerit points for each country:

AFG: 12
AUS: 5
BAN: 9
ENG: 4
IND: 7
IRE: 0
NZ: 0
PAK: 0
SA: 11
SL: 13
WI: 6
ZIM: 5

Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and South Africa are the worst. NZ, Ireland and Pakistan the best. I think a number of SA's points come from ball tampering (Fluff De Plesis) and being a rabid dickhead (Rabada). India's points come from 2 players (Jadeja running on the wicket and piffing the ball at a player and Kohli acting like a dickhead). Interesting to see that the evil doers of world cricket (Australia) have less than half the demerit points of SA.

Also, that Sri Lanka and Afghanistan are angry bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:24 am 

Thomas wrote:
NZ.... the best.

Spiritual Guardianship is strong in this one.

(fukkin Haddin is a c*nt)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:38 am 

Thomas wrote:
This is a good read. Someone has broken down the conduct breaches and penalties per country in the last couple of years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/comments/82vwjk/icc_code_of_conduct_breaches_and_penalties_since/

To break it down, here are the number of deducted demerit points for each country:

Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and South Africa are the worst. NZ, Ireland and Pakistan the best. I think a number of SA's points come from ball tampering (Fluff De Plesis) and being a rabid dickhead (Rabada). India's points come from 2 players (Jadeja running on the wicket and piffing the ball at a player and Kohli acting like a dickhead). Interesting to see that the evil doers of world cricket (Australia) have less than half the demerit points of SA.

Lies and statistics, what type of demerits, I would hazard a guess but I would think mental desegregation is not the reason for many of the demerits, South Africas is for "sweet gate" and over exuberance when a player gets out(Rabada).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 am 

Thomas wrote:

Rabada a rabid dickhead?

Ok, right.

To be fair, he did tell Ben Stokes to fuck off, but apart from that he hasn't done much. I think they're trying to break his spirit: after all, he's only fresh out of his teens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:53 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Rabada a rabid dickhead?

Ok, right.

To be fair, he did tell Ben Stokes to fuck off, but apart from that he hasn't done much. I think they're trying to break his spirit: after all, he's only fresh out of his teens.

Apart from that incident and the other incidents, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:59 am 

Thomas wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Rabada a rabid dickhead?

Ok, right.

Apart from that incident and the other incidents, yes.

Which other incidents?

I would suggest that Jimmy Anderson has done far worse and has hardly attracted any censure at all.

Just had a look at his sendoff of Rohit Sharma for which he received his last demerit points and Kohli had also been pretty demonstrative in the same match and received no sanction at all.

I'm not holding up Jimmy Anderson or Kohli as role models: merely pointing out double standards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 am 

100%.

Anderson hurled the ball back at Bancroft and hit him in his dick. No sanction...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:13 am 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22661328/demerit-points-keeping-kagiso-rabada-quiet-dale-steyn

Quote:
"One other guy that actually gets involved is KG (Rabada) - he really does get stuck in," Steyn said. "But I think after some of his last few incidents where he got into trouble - he got a ban and a fine and everything like that - he kind of has the handcuffs around him right now, which is a little unfair because if you look at the way some of the Aussies are going about it- and I'm not standing here and complaining, and I hope I don't get a fine for saying that - but you kind of feel that you are taking out our best competitor, especially with that kind of presence, if you take him out of the game, it's like taking a knife to a gunfight really. It's a little bit unfair."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am 

Thomas wrote:
100%.

Anderson hurled the ball back at Bancroft and hit him in his dick. No sanction...

Maybe Bancroft liked it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:26 am 

Very overcast this morning, it’s a terrible toss to lose and be sent in to bat first. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:28 am 

Enough of this sh1t, Warner was wrong and he was a dick not to admit it. End of.

Aus with the same team, not sure what SA will do. Ngidi in, but who drops out, Morkel most likely. Don't know if Bavuma is fit, he will replace De Bruyn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:28 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
Very overcast this morning, it’s a terrible toss to lose and be sent in to bat first. :uhoh:

Bat bat and bat again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 am 

odd144 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

Bat bat and bat again.

That is kind of the idea with cricket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:43 am 

SA to bowl.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:43 am 

What is the rain forecast?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 am 

Big call from SA, Ngidi in for Morkel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 am 

No white bowler in the team, everyone there on merit. Brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:58 am 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

I don't think there is any, apart from an early morning coastal drizzle.

Ngidi in for Morkel, which is a bit of a gamble, I feel.

Mind you, at least he hasn't got any demerit points .... yet!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:19 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

I am not very knowledgeable w.r.t cricket but would it be because they are not expecting a lot of bounce?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:20 am 

Very unlucky not to have a wicket yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:33 am 

Warner's tactic seemed to be to stand there grinning at Rabada, and it initially was paying off with Rabada spraying it all over the place.

Rabada seems to have settled down now, though, and is bowling a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am 

beachboy wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:

I am not very knowledgeable w.r.t cricket but would it be because they are not expecting a lot of bounce?

I dunno.

Morkel was a little hot-and-cold in the last test. Faf reckoned that the Aussies haven't seen Ngidi before so they won't know what to expect. He doesn't have Morkel's pace (or bounce), and if the Aussies decide to get after him, he could end up being cannon fodder. He's quite aggressive, despite lacking pace, so maybe they are trying to up the anti.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:41 am 

Just turned it on, oh crap, no wicket...fudge 11 overs, this is a problem, need a wicket.

Intense stuff...Australia ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:56 am 

We need patience.

It will come. Philander, in particular, is bowling extremely well and you need every ounce of concentration to keep him out. If we start getting frustrated, we'll give away freebies and the pressure will be off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:05 am 

Rinkals wrote:
We need patience.

Man this is why I was never a cricketer, come on boys, Australia has done excellently well...bastards :x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 am 

Looks like the Aussies have really taken to Ngidi, as I feared. 18 off his four overs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am 

Now Rabada is losing it.

It's all very well having twenty-year-old quicks (or medium pacers in Ngidi's case), but if they get impatient they start spraying it around and batting starts to become easier if you don't have to concentrate on every ball.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am 

odd144 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
We need patience.

Man this is why I was never a cricketer, come on boys, Australia has done excellently well...bastards :x

Yes, they've weathered the first ten-fifteen overs and can now start cashing in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 am 

Shit captaincy from faf..commentators curse..Warner should’ve gone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am 

Destroying us now, this really sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 am 

Looking good oz.
Anyone turned up?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2995 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 75  Next