Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:02 am 

iarmhiman wrote:

Bear in mind most non Irish people are not versed in Irish history so saying something like "IRA supporter" would lead them to think I was supporting the terrorists from the 1970s to 1990s .

That was your intention though.

I think it's likely you're a fan of much more contemporary versions of the RA to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:04 am 

Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Bear in mind most non Irish people are not versed in Irish history so saying something like "IRA supporter" would lead them to think I was supporting the terrorists from the 1970s to 1990s .

I think it's likely you're a fan of much more contemporary versions of the RA to be honest.

Well you'll have to find proof of that which you won't find.

But it's the standard slur towards an Irishman from a little Englander. Yes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:04 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
They?

iarmhiman wrote:
From the country that invented lazy derogatory names

From Wikipedia.

Quote:
Jock, jocky, jockie
(UK) a Scottish person, Scots language nickname for the personal name John, cognate to the English, Jack. Occasionally used as an insult,[171] but also in respectful reference to elite Scottish, particularly Highland troops, e.g. the 9th (Scottish) Division. Same vein as the English insult for the French, as Frogs. In Ian Rankin's detective novel Tooth and Nail the protagonist - a Scottish detective loaned to the London police - suffers from prejudice by English colleagues who frequently use "Jock" and "Jockland" (Scotland) as terms of insult; the book was based on the author's own experience as a Scot living in London.

I have maybe picked you up wrong by thinking you're inferring they invented the term rather than having latched on to it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:11 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

All the English people I know would never leap to this sort of deliberate misidentification, I’ve only heard this type of tactic from the online and angry EDL types. Luckily they are in the minority and are often called out by the majority of good English people.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 am 

iarmhiman wrote:

It's not taken long for the double standards to come out, has it? Nobody supports or gets behinds Toga's outrageous idiocy, least of all English posters who Toga frequently has fallen out with. But you can't say you have any high ground as you've frequently thrown round English slurs, particularly "little Englander" perhaps more than any poster.

Last edited by eldanielfire on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 am 

Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

All the English people I know would never leap to this sort of deliberate misidentification, I’ve only heard this type of tactic from the online and angry EDL types. Luckily they are in the minority and are often called out by the majority of good English people.

Ah I know. It's only Toga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 am 

Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Deliberate misidentification - he's related to a RA member ffs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

It's not taken long for the double standards to come out, has it? Nobody supports or gets behinds Toga's outrageous idiocy, but you can't say you have any high ground as you've frequently thrown round English slurs, particularly "little Englander" perhaps more than any poster.

Not looking for high ground. Don't want to be seen as a terrorist supporter which I will defend as that's quite serious.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 am 

Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Irrelevant - we can't choose our relations - and it was long ago.

Judge him on his word on here - there's more than enough evidence of his anti English bigotry to be getting on with.

He's only on this thread to take some swipes at the English.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 am 

Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Are you suggesting someone should be judged by their genotype?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:32 am 

Plato'sCave wrote:

He added he's proud his grandfather murdered British army, auxiliaries and Tans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:34 am 

Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

He added he's proud his grandfather murdered British army, auxiliaries and Tans.

and????

It was a war of independence. They were murdering civilians.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:36 am 

ovalball wrote:
Judge him on his word on here

I do. He's an indoctrinated bigot with direct links to the Collins era (assuming he's not Globusing). It's useful to have one in the lab to be honest so I can poke it with sticks and report on the response.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:38 am 

Chips wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Judge him on his word on here

I do. He's an indoctrinated bigot with direct links to the Collins era (assuming he's not Globusing). It's useful to have one in the lab to be honest so I can poke it with sticks and report on the response.

You'll find a lot us on here do. Small population.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:47 am 

guy smiley wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

You can be sarcastic all you want but there is a clear and obvious difference in shouting at a sports ground about the score by opposition fans and getting abused personally in public to the point Jones must have wondered are they going to pull him out his car. If it was abuse Twickenham security would get involved. Nobody is justifying either incident but if you can't see the difference you are being ridiculous.

How about threatening the girlfriend of an England player?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/cele ... ke-6563904

Quote:
Camilla Kerslake- girlfriend of England Rugby captain Chris Robshaw - has claimed her life has been put in danger thanks to the Rugby World Cup as a backlash against the singer intensifies.

The 27-year-old soprano has seen herself thrust into the spotlight thanks to her relationship with the sport star and as England's Rugby World Cup campaign comes under pressure, she claims the negative attention has become "scary".
Last week Robshaw was blamed for England's catastrophic defeat at Twickenham by Wales, after a last minute decision by the captain to go for an all out victory rather than a draw, which saw them go home losers.

Camilla had already been the victim of online abuse before the match, but speaking to The Sun revealed the attacks have intensified since last Saturday, with disgruntled fans even turning up at their home.

"It's been scary," she told The Sun.

"I've had people outside our house. I don't know how people know where we live, we're just in an ordinary, mid-terrace house in South London."

Admitting there have been "hairy incidents", the situation has become so hellish for the star that a friend now stays with her at the house for protection.

How far down this rabbit hole do you and Toga want to chase your tails?

Give up with the supposed moral superiority act... it makes you look insular, parochial, small minded and nationalist.

I was thinking cantab until the nationalist bit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 am 

Is pigdog offensive? Should I be concerned?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 am 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Bimbo, togs and keith - what a bunch of anti-racist heroes we see assembled :lol:

I'm just enjoying watching someone tie themselves in knots with double standards :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:46 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:

An Irish fella on this thread said that Pigdog is ok. So that's ok then.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:

I think it's supposed to be - but we've never got excited about things like that. It reflects far more on those using such terms, than it does on us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
I called the weather perfectly. We got record falls of snow and it started thawing today as predicted. :smug:

Your countrymen disagree, Iarmhi

Keith wrote:
From a research point of view, can someone rate Iarmhiman for his weather forecasting ability please?

Hellraiser wrote:
You'd get more accurate weather forecasting from a mad aul' wan reading the innards of a chicken.

Uncle Fester wrote:
We got the snow but we were sitting around waiting for it. 3/10 Would Not Pay For His Subscription Service

lorcanoworms wrote:
That old country lad with a bit of seaweed nailed to his wall would have been more accurate.
Meh.ie keep forecasting rain and thaw that never comes..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:56 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

and????

It's Toga, any good faith you think you're arguing with isn't there. Look at the company you're keeping here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:14 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
Plato'sCave wrote:

and????

It's Toga, any good faith you think you're arguing with isn't there. Look at the company you're keeping here.

I'm sure you'd have a similarly ingenuous attitude if I told you my grandfather was in the Black & Tans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:23 am 

Did someone say something.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:25 am 

Did someone say something?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:34 am 

Anonymous. wrote:

I love baiting extremists.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:39 am 

Come on you lot, let's not tar all the Irish lads with the same brush. Some of them are good eggs - that one whose user name escapes me, for example. The Church of Ireland chap. The one who's made something of himself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:42 am 

The Irish have made an event that took place in England, between an Australian and some Scots, about them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Kiwis and Micks are the lowest hanging fruit on PR.

:smug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:44 am 

englishchief wrote:
The Irish have made an event that took place in England, between an Australian and some Scots, about them.

:lol: It's a skill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 am 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Bimbo, togs and keith - what a bunch of anti-racist heroes we see assembled :lol:

Maybe you should go police your own over on the snow thread cause they’d have been outrage if an English poster had been responsible for some of the comments.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am 

Chips wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Says the pinata.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:56 am 

Keith wrote:
englishchief wrote:

:lol: It's a skill

It is a skill that makes this place increasingly shit. Most nations have the odd few posters who give their country a bad name. With the Irish, it is the majority on here who are turd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:56 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

It's not taken long for the double standards to come out, has it? Nobody supports or gets behinds Toga's outrageous idiocy, but you can't say you have any high ground as you've frequently thrown round English slurs, particularly "little Englander" perhaps more than any poster.

Not looking for high ground. Don't want to be seen as a terrorist supporter which I will defend as that's quite serious.

No one with a brain remotely believes that. But separate to that your years of English slurs and negative generalisations hardly places you in a position to complain about slurs or go the route of trying to stand on the high ground of complaining about Toga doing the same thing. You seem utterly oblivious you are exactly the same mirror image.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:59 am 

englishchief wrote:

I think this happens regularly. If only PR had developed some sort of term that uniquely describes when such an event happens to a thread.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:15 pm 

Safe to say there's some posters here who are pretty obsessed with Ireland and the Irish. It's quite creepy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Safe to say there's some posters here who are pretty obsessed with Ireland and the Irish. It's quite creepy.

Seeing how the Irish posters have made it about them, there's an impressive lack of self-awareness in your post :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 pm 

Keith wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Seeing how the Irish posters have made it about them, there's an impressive lack of self-awareness in your post :lol:

"the Irish" "the irish" "the Irish"

Seek help, seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Chips wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Says the pinata.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Keith wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

"the Irish" "the irish" "the Irish"

Seek help, seriously.

Are you suggesting I'm obsessed with Irish posters? :lol: You can obviously back this up with proof from my posting history... Or not.

Get that chip of your shoulder or you'll spend a long time walking in circles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:28 pm 

My trolling has gone too far. I will step back and tone it down and let this thread get back to Eddie's unfortunate experience following Scotland's outclassing of England.

English posters. I apologise about the England bashing bit. I was having fun but what I was saying was definitely offensive. Sorry. :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next