Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:34 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
My trolling has gone too far. I will step back and tone it down and let this thread get back to Eddie's unfortunate experience following Scotland's outclassing of England.

English posters. I apologise about the England bashing bit. I was having fun but what I was saying was definitely offensive. Sorry. :thumbup:

You were having fun and trying to troll but was getting hissy with Toga about his IRA claims? I think you are trying to re-write history here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
My trolling has gone too far. I will step back and tone it down and let this thread get back to Eddie's unfortunate experience following Scotland's outclassing of England.

English posters. I apologise about the England bashing bit. I was having fun but what I was saying was definitely offensive. Sorry. :thumbup:

You were having fun and trying to troll but was getting hissy with Toga about his IRA claims? I think you are trying to re-write history here.

I don't want to be perceived as a Provisional IRA supporter or contemporary IRA supporter. I could have said nothing and that would have grown a lot of legs.

Let's leave it at that. I'm trying to let the thread get back on topic.

iarmhiman wrote:

Erm... nah.

iarmhiman wrote:
Rugbaidh wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Rugbaidh wrote:
The fans are a bunch of arseholes for being so aggressive and uppity towards Jones - who had the decency to pose for a photo.

As for the whole Scotland/England thing. I've always found the English to be great sports on the odd occasion that we do beat them, and we probably go a bit OTT/mental when we do beat them but I think that's a mixture of the rivarly and us usually getting steam rolled by them, so it often takes us by surprise e.g last week's performance.

Now watch us get pumped on Sat in Baile Ath Cliath :lol:

Tá súil agam. :thumbup:

Agus chan eil sùil air (tha mi a' smaoineachadh sa' chànain agam) :P

That's gas I had to put that into google translate. :lol:

So "cànan" is language in Scots gaeilge
It's teanga in Irish gaeilge.

Often I can read lots of Irish and can understand a huge chunk of Irish from the north/Northern Ireland but there's always one or two phrases in a sentence that stumps me.

Rathad - road ; yet it seems in Gaelige its bódhar.

I do LOVE the Irish for Wales though - e.g ''wee Britain'' whilst we seem to have adapated Cymru and call them Cumirigh.

Still, there is A LOT of similarities in our language and I would love to do a Gaelige course at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 pm 

Rugbaidh wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Rugbaidh wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Rugbaidh wrote:
The fans are a bunch of arseholes for being so aggressive and uppity towards Jones - who had the decency to pose for a photo.

As for the whole Scotland/England thing. I've always found the English to be great sports on the odd occasion that we do beat them, and we probably go a bit OTT/mental when we do beat them but I think that's a mixture of the rivarly and us usually getting steam rolled by them, so it often takes us by surprise e.g last week's performance.

Now watch us get pumped on Sat in Baile Ath Cliath :lol:

Tá súil agam. :thumbup:

Agus chan eil sùil air (tha mi a' smaoineachadh sa' chànain agam) :P

That's gas I had to put that into google translate. :lol:

So "cànan" is language in Scots gaeilge
It's teanga in Irish gaeilge.

Often I can read lots of Irish and can understand a huge chunk of Irish from the north/Northern Ireland but there's always one or two phrases in a sentence that stumps me.

Rathad - road ; yet it seems in Gaelige its bódhar.

I do LOVE the Irish for Wales though - e.g ''wee Britain'' whilst we seem to have adapated Cymru and call them Cumirigh.

Still, there is A LOT of similarities in our language and I would love to do a Gaelige course at some point.

I can read about 30% of Scots Gaeilge.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

I don't want to be perceived as a Provisional IRA supporter or contemporary IRA supporter. I could have said nothing and that would have grown a lot of legs.

I think you failed with that trying to portray all this as your master plan when you basically moaned for pages and pages FFS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

I think you failed with that trying to portray all this as your master plan when you basically moaned for pages and pages FFS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right Eldaniel. I've made my last post on that subject now. Continue if you like.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Right Eldaniel. I've lost the argument and I'm making myself look a bit dim so will not post again for at least 3 minutes. Continue if you like.

Fixed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:43 pm 

Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Right Eldaniel. I've lost the argument and I'm making myself look a bit dim so will not post again for at least 3 minutes. Continue if you like.

Fixed

I can see you're missing Dai. You're a lot more active this week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:54 pm 

Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Nice edit. You posted that already, deleted it and posted it again. Well done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Chips wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Nice edit. You posted that already, deleted it and posted it again. Well done.

First one didn't load on my device.

And you're not off the hook either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:56 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Keith wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Fixed

I can see you're missing Dai. You're a lot more active this week.

It's almost like it's snowed like fudge leaving me with no work to do... :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:05 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Keith wrote:
englishchief wrote:
The Irish have made an event that took place in England, between an Australian and some Scots, about them.

:lol: It's a skill

It is a skill that makes this place increasingly shit. Most nations have the odd few posters who give their country a bad name. With the Irish, it is the majority on here who are turd.

Must be something in the water they have over there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 pm 

englishchief wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Keith wrote:
englishchief wrote:
The Irish have made an event that took place in England, between an Australian and some Scots, about them.

It is a skill that makes this place increasingly shit. Most nations have the odd few posters who give their country a bad name. With the Irish, it is the majority on here who are turd.

To them the bored is a Whattsapp group for 6 pissed mates.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:11 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
Keith wrote:
englishchief wrote:

To them the bored is a Whattsapp group for 6 pissed mates.

You mean it isn't? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:25 pm 

ovalball wrote:
Certainly unacceptable in any form

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/england-manager-eddie-jones-quits-12105355

Doesn't say that they were Scottish supporters but infers it as he is partly blaming Gavin Hastings for inciting such hatred

In light of eddies bants ...

And thus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm 

Mick Mannock wrote:
Keith wrote:
englishchief wrote:

A, c'mon, we're not turd, we're first!

Championees!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm 

4 people have been summonsed to appear in court :thumbup:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-43794700
Quote:
Four men have been summonsed to appear in court after England rugby union coach Eddie Jones was verbally abused at a railway station in Manchester.

Jones, 58, received foul-mouthed taunts at Manchester Oxford Road station on 25 February, the day after Scotland beat England 25-13 in the Six Nations.

Four men will appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates' Court on 16 May.

Three of the men, aged 22, 23 and 25, are from Edinburgh, the other is a 25-year-old from South Queensferry.

The four were reported for an alleged public order offence, British Transport Police said.

Australian Jones had been asked to pose for photographs before the atmosphere turned sour, footage obtained by the BBC and released online showed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm 

Balls Out! wrote:

Quote:
Four men have been summonsed to appear in court after England rugby union coach Eddie Jones was verbally abused at a railway station in Manchester.

Jones, 58, received foul-mouthed taunts at Manchester Oxford Road station on 25 February, the day after Scotland beat England 25-13 in the Six Nations.

Three of the men, aged 22, 23 and 25, are from Edinburgh, the other is a 25-year-old from South Queensferry.

The four were reported for an alleged public order offence, British Transport Police said.

Australian Jones had been asked to pose for photographs before the atmosphere turned sour, footage obtained by the BBC and released online showed.

am glad they got nicked, hopefully a nice fine & some community service round some ENGLISH schools teaching rugby will do them good, even if Jones actually is a Baldy wee cnut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm 

What sort of charge can you get for shouting abuse?

Will there be any builders left if they haul in the ones who shout abuse at birds passing by?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:

Will there be any builders left if they haul in the ones who shout abuse at birds passing by?

that hasn't happened for decades tbf, every building site has some kind of hippy crap 'we are considerate workforce' type placard by it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm 

There are some on here who should be up in front of the beak.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:29 pm 

globus wrote:

Really? Who and what for?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:35 pm 

backrow wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

that hasn't happened for decades tbf, every building site has some kind of hippy crap 'we are considerate workforce' type placard by it.

But the builders mostly smoke tons of weed around work so they can't be arsed to wolf whistle. Or their polish. I also notice for big firms a lot of private school types go into building these days. Tons of guys at my rugby club went into construction after A-Levels, ended up on a middle eastern project for a few years and then returned with a nice inflated bank account.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:

They'll be charged with Offences under the Public Order Act

Quote:
using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour intending to and causing harassment, alarm or distress - section 4A of the Act;
using threatening, abusive words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress - section 5 of the Act;
drunk and disorderly behaviour (section 91 Criminal Justice Act 1967);

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:11 pm 

ovalball wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

They'll be charged with Offences under the Public Order Act

Quote:
using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour intending to and causing harassment, alarm or distress - section 4A of the Act;
using threatening, abusive words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress - section 5 of the Act;
drunk and disorderly behaviour (section 91 Criminal Justice Act 1967);

Should be just a slap on the wrist at most for shouting an obscenity at a bigot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Right Eldaniel. I've made my last post on that subject now. Continue if you like.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:12 pm 

SaintK wrote:
globus wrote:

Really? Who and what for?

Malicious communications Act 1988

Improper use of public electronic communications network

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b)causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2)A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he—

(a)sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,

(b)causes such a message to be sent; or

(c)persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(4)Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 pm 

backrow wrote:
Balls Out! wrote:

Quote:

am glad they got nicked, hopefully a nice fine & some community service round some ENGLISH schools teaching rugby will do them good, even if Jones actually is a Baldy wee cnut

Would need to know something about rugby to teach it, which is unconfirmed afaik, beyond Scotland won and who the England coach is.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-44143114

All three receive undisclosed fines.

the briefest searches on them suggest no real rugby affiliation at all, the early train to Manchester backs this up.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 pm 

frillage wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-44143114

the briefest searches on them suggest no real rugby affiliation at all, the early train to Manchester backs this up.

What do you mean 'undisclosed'?

Quote:
Cleeton, of Carrick Knowe Avenue, was fined £120, Inglis, of Cornhill Terrace, received a fine of £105 and Grant, of Drum Crescent, was fined £140.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm 

Lobby wrote:
frillage wrote:

Quote:
Cleeton, of Carrick Knowe Avenue, was fined £120, Inglis, of Cornhill Terrace, received a fine of £105 and Grant, of Drum Crescent, was fined £140.

:blush: copied from elsewhere where said fines not mentioned and didnt read full article!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm 

Lobby wrote:
frillage wrote:

Quote:

Money well spent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17