Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:13 am 

I thought “Baldy C$&t” was a term of endearment in Scotland?

(Just kidding.Idiots :thumbdown: )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 am 

Raggs wrote:
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/969107662729334784

That's got to be intimidating for a guy Eddies age and size, and goes beyond just abuse.

Typical Brexiters.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am 

Raggs wrote:

That's got to be intimidating for a guy Eddies age and size, and goes beyond just abuse.

That's just disgusting.

Newsome wrote:
Raggs wrote:

Typical Brexiters.

They are Scottish so are more likely to be Remain. But well done for hammering that in where it's irrelevant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 am 

I can understand where the fans were coming from. Saturday was Scotland’s World Cup final, their first sexual encounter, their Independence Day, their increase in funding from London and their lottery win all on one day. And that is why we pity them and feel sorry for them. Let them have their 15 minutes of fame let their jealousy spew out, let their bile run in the streets.

It must be difficult for our noisy neighbors to see us second in the world on a great run of form. They beat us fair and square last Saturday, no complaints but the outpourings were predictable as it’s not about the result it’s about giving their masters a bloody nose. Must be difficult for them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 am 

jimmy speights wrote:
Was fotunate enough to participate in a session he coached and can’t speak highly enough of him. Incredibly knowledgeable, passionate and put 100% into what he was doing. Stayed around afterwards, had time for everyone, and told plenty of good stories. Spoke the next evening at a sold out charity dinner. A few days after he left I was talking to one of the organizers who said he’d quietly donated his speaking fee to the cause.

It is that sort of behaviour that ruins...RUINS!...the game. The total twat!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am 

I also thought it was England fans having a go at Jones. Makes no difference though - the behaviour is unacceptable either way, and I trust the incident was reported to the police.

I still think blaming Hastings is pretty tenuous though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 am 

Is this the new bandwagon because Wilson wasn't banned?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:48 am 

OptimisticJock wrote:
Is this the new bandwagon because Wilson wasn't banned?

Are we not allowed to be upset by it? It's clearly abuse, and physically pulling him around isn't exactly good behaviour. Eddie isn't exactly young or large, that's got to be pretty intimidating.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:49 am 

If someone told them Jones was Australian they would have backed off right away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 am 

No place for this in rugby. None at all.

Eddie's mouthy antics before the game has nothing to do with it really.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:03 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:

?

Everything I’d heard from Jones had been perfectly respectful. Before, during and after the game

We’re not talking Cheika here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 am 

Scottish Rugby statement on Twitter

Quote:
Scottish Rugby is appalled by the verbal abuse suffered by Eddie Jones. The disgusting behaviour of those involved does not represent the values of our sport or its fans. The dignity Eddie and the England team showed on Saturday is in stark contrast to this ugly incident.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:06 am 

naki wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:

?

Everything I’d heard from Jones had been perfectly respectful. Before, during and after the game

I know, what I'm referring to is the insinuation by some that he's a hypocrite or that he brings it on himself etc. He likes a bit of niggle and we all like to rise to that but it's got nowt to do with some idiots giving him actual abuse.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
naki wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:

?

I know, what I'm referring to is the insinuation by some that he's a hypocrite or that he brings it on himself etc. He likes a bit of niggle and we all like to rise to that but it's got nowt to do with some idiots giving him actual abuse.

They probably haven't ever heard or read his niggles. They probably also thought he was a cockney.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:09 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
Scottish Rugby statement on Twitter

Quote:
Scottish Rugby is appalled by the verbal abuse suffered by Eddie Jones. The disgusting behaviour of those involved does not represent the values of our sport or its fans. The dignity Eddie and the England team showed on Saturday is in stark contrast to this ugly incident.

Excellent statement. Sums it up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:09 am 

dargotronV.1 wrote:
naki wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:

?

Ah, right :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 am 

OptimisticJock wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
naki wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:

?

They probably haven't ever heard or read his niggles. They probably also thought he was a cockney.

They knew enough to know who he was though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 am 

Doc Rob wrote:
I also thought it was England fans having a go at Jones. Makes no difference though - the behaviour is unacceptable either way, and I trust the incident was reported to the police.

Gavin Hastings is the most arrogant, obnoxious c unt I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.
Though I doubt that what he said caused these twats to abuse EJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am 

SaintK wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:

Gavin Hastings is the most arrogant, obnoxious c unt I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

He’s never really got over that 1991 penalty. Maybe now’s the time to seek some help.

Last edited by Scrummie on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am 

There's still enough time for him to quit his job in that shithole and come and coach the Boks, where we truly value our coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 am 

Sounds like similar sort of verbal antics happened during the match itself, he was just behind a glass coaches' box. So not sure how much value there is in saying these cnuts aren't rugby fans.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:20 am 

assfly wrote:
There's still enough time for him to quit his job in that shithole and come and coach the Boks, where we truly value our coaches.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
There were problems at the game for English supporters as well.

The downside of the welcome Scottish rugby renaissance, bandwagoning non-rugby types.

SaintK wrote:

Disappointing to hear that, he always seems like a good bloke on TV and podcasts etc.

naki wrote:

lol ironically it's true, he was complimentary about Scotland (Russell world class) and gave them their due after the game. He isn't always that nice to be fair but about Scotland he was nothing but respectful.

Last edited by Rugby2023 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 am 

matta25 wrote:
Sounds like similar sort of verbal antics happened during the match itself, he was just behind a glass coaches' box. So not sure how much value there is in saying these cnuts aren't rugby fans.

Heard a lot of nasty stuff at Murrayfield last two times we were there. All the nationalistic centuries of hurt stuff just seems to spill over.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:26 am 

ovalball wrote:
Certainly unacceptable in any form

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/england-manager-eddie-jones-quits-12105355

Doesn't say that they were Scottish supporters but infers it as he is partly blaming Gavin Hastings for inciting such hatred

God, some people are such plebs!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 am 

Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

Heard a lot of nasty stuff at Murrayfield last two times we were there. All the nationalistic centuries of hurt stuff just seems to spill over.

Been on the receiving end of this at Murrayfield and in Cardiff too, but on the plus side you can't really make out a word that they're saying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 am 

Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

Don't make that out to be a bigger problem than it is. A couple of us said on the match thread it does happen and that was countered by just about every English poster on there saying they have never had a problem. Funny how the "nasty stuff" only seems to happen to the pricks.

Anyway, that footage is awful, no one will defend that. I think there is probably a bit more to come out about it like who the guys were and why they were there.

Might make Eddie think before he starts his shite chat from now on though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:33 am 

In fairness to Hastings, while he's certainly not the most humble guy, his main problem is he's possibly the most stupid. I think he would be mortified by how this played out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:34 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
There were problems at the game for English supporters as well.

The downside of the welcome Scottish rugby renaissance, bandwagoning non-rugby types.

SaintK wrote:

Disappointing to hear that, he always seems like a good bloke on TV and podcasts etc.

He is utterly self confident, and come across as arrogant, but he is a good bloke. Do not ever go on the lash with him, you will lose.

Some years ago my son was playing for Watson's minis in the Watson's tournament. Whoever was supposed to give the prizes did not turn up, so Gav was roped in. Cue small boys asking 'Why is Adam's Dad handing out the prizes?' As far as they were concerned that was who he was.

Roll forward a few years. Adam is knocking over kicks from all over the park for Watson's, then he misses one from virtually straight in front. Wag in the crowd yells 'Just like his Dad'. Despite the general mirth, the boys are mystified. Gav laughed as loudly as anyone.

Last edited by Edinburgh01 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:34 am 

Azlan Roar wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

Been on the receiving end of this at Murrayfield and in Cardiff too, but on the plus side you can't really make out a word that they're saying.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35 am 

slick wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

Don't make that out to be a bigger problem than it is. A couple of us said on the match thread it does happen and that was countered by just about every English poster on there saying they have never had a problem. Funny how the "nasty stuff" only seems to happen to the pricks.

Anyway, that footage is awful, no one will defend that. I think there is probably a bit more to come out about it like who the guys were and why they were there.

There are obviously isolated incidents, I spoke to an Uber posh mate of mine who was there and he said the crowd were so into it and joyous by the end he hoped Scotland won for their fans. He did say however, by dawn he was sick of Flower of Scotland being sung outside his hotel window 😂😂

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:36 am 

slick wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

Hi Slick don’t believe we’ve met?

Edinburgh01 wrote:
He is utterly self confident, and come across as arrogant, but he is a good bloke. Do not ever go on the lash with him, you will lose.

Some years ago my son was playing for Watson's minis in the Watson's tournament. Whoever was supposed to give the prizes did not turn up, so Gav was roped in. Cue small boys asking 'Why is Adam's Dad handing out the prizes?' As far as they were concerned that was who he was.

Roll forward a few years. Adam is knocking over kicks from all over the park for Watson's, then he misses one from virtually straight in front. Wag in the crowd yells 'Just like his Dad'. Despite the general mirth, the boys are mystified. Gav laughed as loudly as anyone.

Fair enough, you never hear his fellow rugby players of his era say a bad word about him so it's probably strangers not quite getting him.

Openside wrote:
slick wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

There are obviously isolated incidents, I spoke to an Uber posh mate of mine who was there and he said the crowd were so into it and joyous by the end he hoped Scotland won for their fans. He did say however, by dawn he was sick of Flower of Scotland being sung outside his hotel window 😂😂

Probably by the Scotland team. It got really messy that night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:44 am 

Scrummie wrote:
slick wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

Hi Slick don’t believe we’ve met?

I don't think we need to

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:45 am 

Typical of the Anglophobic abuse suffered by many players, fans and coaches involved in English rugby when they venture beyond England's safe pastures and in to Celtic lands, or when we let the barbarians in to England.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:45 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

Fair enough, you never hear his fellow rugby players of his era say a bad word about him so it's probably strangers not quite getting him.

Met him a few times now and he is always very friendly and good for a laugh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:46 am 

slick wrote:
Scrummie wrote:
matta25 wrote:

What kind of shite chat has he put out this 6N? Saying Russell is a talented player?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:48 am 

How is this Gavin Hastings’ fault again?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:49 am 

He wheeled out a kiwi prop who talked about hatred for the English.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next