Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:45 pm 

I've been using Swype for years but it seems to be getting worse. The prediction is often terrible and sometimes it'll pick the most obscure option instead of a far more likely word. And there are some words (ironically like the word 'some) that it never selects.

I'm fed up with it. Anything better you can recommend?

P.s I've had to correct shit loads just on this post :x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm 

Whatever way I type when using Swype, "just" almost always becomes "Judi". Probably because I use my right thumb and don't reach far enough across to the S and return too far past the T.
Similarly, "some" usually appears as "done".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:54 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Whatever way I type when using Swype, "just" almost always becomes "Judi". Probably because I use my right thumb and don't reach far enough across to the S and return too far past the T.

Similar for me. But why on earth offer Judi when Just is far more likely. It also doesn't learn from your personal style which is poor. I'm not even cheap as I have the paid version of Swype. There must be something better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:56 pm 

Chips wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Similar for me. But why on earth offer Judi when Just is far more likely. It also doesn't learn from your personal style which is poor. I'm not even cheap as I have the paid version of Swype. There must be something better.

I've learned which words it usually gets wrong and have adapted to type those a bit more carefully. Exaggerate the movements.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 pm 

Chips wrote:
I've been using Swype for years but it seems to be getting worse. The prediction is often terrible and sometimes it'll pick the most obscure option instead of a far more likely word. And there are some words (ironically like the word 'some) that it never selects.

I'm fed up with it. Anything better you can recommend?

P.s I've had to correct shit loads just on this post :x

AFter using swype also for a couple of years I improved myself by just doing it a bit slower and predictions are far more accurate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:58 pm 

Thinly-veiled "I've got fat fingers" thread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:59 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Chips wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

I've learned which words it usually gets wrong and have adapted to type those a bit more carefully. Exaggerate the movements.

There's a huge gap in the app market for a more intuitive input method than Swype provides.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm 

Having read a few reviews I'm going to try GBoard by Google.