Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
3 pm kick off in Durban

70 percent humidity at 28 Degrees......pretty much what we saw this past weekend.

Only 20% rain which is great considering that there will be rain every day before and after Saturday.

I seriously hope that the Sharks catch a wake up and give us some more passion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
Not another draw please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm
Posts: 4068
Location: London
This season is looking to be brutal 2 games in.

And I was too pessimistic last year. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10700
Location: Kenya
A loss, a draw, our upward projectory points towards a resounding victory 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
assfly wrote:
A loss, a draw, our upward projectory points towards a resounding victory 8)

Always look on the bright side of life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19216
Sards wrote:
3 pm kick off in Durban

70 percent humidity at 28 Degrees......pretty much what we saw this past weekend.

Only 20% rain which is great considering that there will be rain every day before and after Saturday.

I seriously hope that the Sharks catch a wake up and give us some more passion.


3pm ?

I won’t even bother watching it - and judging from sparse crowds at waratahs game, I’m not the only one who feels that way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
backrow wrote:
Sards wrote:
3 pm kick off in Durban

70 percent humidity at 28 Degrees......pretty much what we saw this past weekend.

Only 20% rain which is great considering that there will be rain every day before and after Saturday.

I seriously hope that the Sharks catch a wake up and give us some more passion.


3pm ?

I won’t even bother watching it - and judging from sparse crowds at waratahs game, I’m not the only one who feels that way


I also think it is silly...always used to have 5pm kickoffs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
Quote:
Keegan Daniel has seen a lot in a first class rugby career that has now spanned 12 years since he was selected out of the Sharks Academy by Dick Muir, so when he talks about where the Sharks stand right now in their development, his is an opinion worth listening to.

Let’s not forget that it was Daniel who was at the helm of the Sharks the last time they won anything meaningful. That was in 2013, when the Sharks won a Currie Cup final against Western Province at Newlands. There have been four very fallow seasons for the union and franchise since then, and they have been frustrating ones for Daniel in particular, who first fell out of favour when Jake White took charge and then was injured after returning from a stint in Japan.

The emergence of young players such as the Du Preez twins hasn’t helped his personal cause either, and arguably neither did another change of coach, from Gary Gold to Robert du Preez. Every coach in this country does have a different opinion about the relevance in modern rugby of the type of player that Daniel is. We’re talking physical stature here. Daniel isn’t exactly what you would describe as a big bruiser.

Yet the product of Dale College in King Williams Town has made a habit of proving himself (he paid his own way at the Sharks Academy initially and just got noticed through sheer hard work) and has kept himself in the mix. He is still enjoying his rugby enough to throw himself boots and all into another Super Rugby season, this being his first since 2016 as last year he was injured in a pre-season game and never played. And while it has been a frustrating start to the year for the Sharks, with no win after two starts, he is hopeful that a turn-around, and a return to the success that marked his early years as a Shark, might not be far away.

“It is frustrating when you have the opposition on the ropes and you don’t put them away, and then it becomes even more annoying you watch the replay of the game and you see the opportunities you created and did not convert,” said Daniel after a training session at Kings Park in the build-up to Saturday’s clash with the Sunwolves.

“I really don’t think we are far away. It is not like we are going onto the field and don’t know what we are doing. We are on the right track. We just have to click, start converting our opportunities and eliminating our mistakes, and I think the rest will click into place. I think we are close to doing that, we just have to believe and stick to what we are doing.”

There’s been a lot of talk in Durban about the more attacking game that the coaches had in mind when they resolved to do the bulk of their pre-season training with the ball in hand, and while the draw with the Waratahs that started the home leg of Super Rugby was a case of “same ol’, same ol’” in terms of wasted opportunities, there was nonetheless evidence of more attacking innovation.

Those who only ever watch Durban games on television and don’t get down to the sub-tropical venue to experience the sweaty and clamping humidity for themselves must sometimes wonder how the Sharks can always be so error prone. They made some rank poor elementary mistakes against the Waratahs, but then so did their skilled Australian opponents.

When Plumtree was coaching the Sharks he took the early season conditions into account when preparing his team. The Sharks would tend to start off Super Rugby campaigns when he was coach by winning arm-wrestles rather than notching up victories with a flourish. That would come later on in the season, when it was less humid.

But Daniel, who was part of the Plumtree years, believes the Sharks are on the right track when it comes to being prepared to be adventurous.

“You do not want to curb enthusiasm and creativity. Margins are small when you are intent on attacking and you know you are either going to be a hero or a villain. As long as the guys stick to something new and exciting the approach will eventually pay off,” he said.

One perception that Daniel doesn’t appear to agree with is that the Sharks are a young squad who still have a long way to travel before they can become successful.

“The older players like myself must absorb as much pressure as possible and shepherd the youngsters. But it comes naturally for me to try and perform and stand out, and this squad is a lot more settled than it may appear.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10972
Keegan Daniel - Has he explained about the line-out that lead to a Waratahs try?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
handyman wrote:
Keegan Daniel - Has he explained about the line-out that lead to a Waratahs try?

It was hot and the ball was slippery. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10972
Chilli wrote:
handyman wrote:
Keegan Daniel - Has he explained about the line-out that lead to a Waratahs try?

It was hot and the ball was slippery. :thumbup:

No knock in that try boet. I'm guessing he didn't go to town last Saturday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
Not looking positive for us this year....full of talent but no passion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19001
Sards wrote:
backrow wrote:
Sards wrote:
3 pm kick off in Durban

70 percent humidity at 28 Degrees......pretty much what we saw this past weekend.

Only 20% rain which is great considering that there will be rain every day before and after Saturday.

I seriously hope that the Sharks catch a wake up and give us some more passion.


3pm ?

I won’t even bother watching it - and judging from sparse crowds at waratahs game, I’m not the only one who feels that way


I also think it is silly...always used to have 5pm kickoffs


5pm kick-offs in Durbs, this time of the year, is tricky - half daylight, half lights. Either 3pm or 7pm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
Stop the fvcking excuses. Surely the players live and train here so they must be used to the conditions? It is not like the Hey Days of the Sharks when all their players commuted from Bloem every day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
1. Beast Mtawarira
2. Akker van der Merwe / Chiliboy Ralepelle
3. John-Hubert Meyer
4. Ruan Botha (c )
5. Stephan Lewies
6. Wian Vosloo (debut)
7. Jacques Vermeulen
8. Tera Mtembu
9. Louis Schreuder
10. Robert du Preez
11. Makazole Mapimpi
12. Andre Esterhuizen
13. Lukhanyo Am
14. Sbu Nkosi
15. Curwin Bosch

16. Akker van der Merwe / Chiliboy Ralepelle
17. Juan Schoeman
18. Ross Geldenhuys
19. Gideon Koegelenberg (debut)
20. Keegan Daniel
21. Cameron Wright
22. Marius Louw
23. Lwazi Mvovo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
wtf did Mvovo do to be dropped to the bench....

i can understand Keegan

Two debuts....... :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10700
Location: Kenya
Some sensible rotation and consistency there. I hope Akkers starts at 2. Interesting to see how the debutants get on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
What happened to Thomas the French Tank? Is he injured or has he been sent to learn how to play tighthead at Protoria Police?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
Chilli wrote:
What happened to Thomas the French Tank? Is he injured or has he been sent to learn how to play tighthead at Protoria Police?


https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=sharks%20rugby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19216
Sards wrote:
wtf did Mvovo do to be dropped to the bench....

i can understand Keegan

Two debuts....... :shock:


he did give that spaz pass in the 1st minute that led to the scrum that led to the first tahs try


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35667
Location: Innie Kaap
backrow wrote:
Sards wrote:
wtf did Mvovo do to be dropped to the bench....

i can understand Keegan

Two debuts....... :shock:


he did give that spaz pass in the 1st minute that led to the scrum that led to the first tahs try


I smell a cospiracy here.....both him and Keegan on the bench


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19216
Sards wrote:
backrow wrote:
Sards wrote:
wtf did Mvovo do to be dropped to the bench....

i can understand Keegan

Two debuts....... :shock:


he did give that spaz pass in the 1st minute that led to the scrum that led to the first tahs try


I smell a cospiracy here.....both him and Keegan on the bench


to be honest there are worst coaching threats than 'do a stupid pass that costs us a try, and you get dropped to the bench'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am
Posts: 5955
Location: The Kapiti Coast
Sunwolves lineup?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44555
WoodlandsRFC wrote:
Sunwolves lineup?


Nothing announced yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
Sards wrote:
Chilli wrote:
What happened to Thomas the French Tank? Is he injured or has he been sent to learn how to play tighthead at Protoria Police?


https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=sharks%20rugby



Ok, do he is injured.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19001
Quote:
Kings Park in Durban has a new title sponsor, the Sharks confirmed ahead of their Super Rugby clash against the Sunwolves on Saturday, and the stadium will undergo a name change as a result.

According to a statement from the Sharks on Thursday, the famous venue will now be called Jonsson Kings Park after the South African workwear manufacturers came on board as a sponsor.

Jonsson Workwear, although a national brand with a strong presence internationally, was founded in Durban and continues to be headquartered there.

The partnership, the Sharks say, will see the revitalisation of Kings Park and the surrounding precinct as well as Jonsson branding on the Sharks' kit.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/new-sponsor-on-board-for-kings-park-20180308


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10700
Location: Kenya
Jensrsa wrote:
Jonsson Kings Park


Could be worse. At least it's not Vodacom.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16051
backrow wrote:
Sards wrote:
wtf did Mvovo do to be dropped to the bench....

i can understand Keegan

Two debuts....... :shock:


he did give that spaz pass in the 1st minute that led to the scrum that led to the first tahs try

TBH, I didn't see too many passes from Sharks players that wouldn't be classified as "spaz passes". :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44555
Announced at 10PM

1 PR Craig MILLAR
2 HO Yusuke NIWAI
3 PR Takuma ASAHARA
4 LO Kazuki HIMENO
5 LO Grant HATTINGH
6 FL Michael LEITCH
7 FL Yoshitaka TOKUNAGA
8 NO.8 ◎ Willem BRITZ
9 SH Keisuke UCHIDA
10 SO Harumichi TATEKAWA
11 WTB William TUPOU
12 CTB Michael LITTLE
13 CTB Sione TEAUPA
14 WTB Lomano Lava LEMEKI
15 FB Kotaro MATSUSHIMA
16 RESERVE Atsushi SAKATE
17 RESERVE Shintaro ISHIHARA
18 RESERVE Hencus VAN WYK
19 RESERVE Wimpie VANDERWALT
20 RESERVE Pieter Lappies LABUSCHAGNE
21 RESERVE Yutaka NAGARE
22 RESERVE Ryoto NAKAMURA
23 RESERVE Robbie ROBINSON

● Unavailable due to injury
・Sam WYKES,Timothy LAFAELE and Akihito YAMADA ; Concussion
・Shota HORIE and Hayden PARKER; Hamstring injury
・Asaeli Ai VALU; Low back pain and sciatica

Fumi Tanaka not included in the squad, due to his training with the National Development squad.


Last edited by Kiwias on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30039
Chilli wrote:
Not another draw please.

Personally I would quite enjoy seeing another draw :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Against the Tahs we looked dangerous in parts. The rest of time it was as if we'd never met each other.

I also feel that we really miss the Du Preez boys in that backrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30039
Beaver_Shark wrote:
Against the Tahs we looked dangerous in parts. The rest of time it was as if we'd never met each other.

I also feel that we really miss the Du Preez boys in that backrow.

Looks like Robert misses them as well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31246
5 ex/born/bred Saffers ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19001
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
5 ex/born/bred Saffers ?


6

Kotaro MATSUSHIMA too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31246
Jensrsa wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
5 ex/born/bred Saffers ?


6

Kotaro MATSUSHIMA too


:lol:

Wragtag, yes !!!! A Boere-Jap !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25224
Location: Stellenbosch
Sharks cant drop this game. For some reason Robert du Preez kick much more then when he was at WP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1365
What has Kobus Van Wyk done - not even in the match 23......My guess is his hairstyle is better than the coaches son's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30039
beachboy wrote:
What has Kobus Van Wyk done - not even in the match 23......My guess is his hairstyle is better than the coaches son's.

He's overrated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15877
saffer13 wrote:
beachboy wrote:
What has Kobus Van Wyk done - not even in the match 23......My guess is his hairstyle is better than the coaches son's.

He's overrated since leaving the Stormers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30039
Chilli wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
beachboy wrote:
What has Kobus Van Wyk done - not even in the match 23......My guess is his hairstyle is better than the coaches son's.

He's overrated since leaving the Stormers.

Incorrect. I said the same then as well. That being said, he does seem to have become a little more "aggressive" since joining the Sharks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clogs, comets, CrazyIslander, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], sando2000, UncleFB and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group