Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12344
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
This has made my weekend, both powerhouse teams (crusaders and lions) taking their opposition lightly and end up losing :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3040
This is what happens when The Lions play NZ teams during the regular season especially early on when there are less injuries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Posts: 3231
Sounds like Ioane at centre went alright?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13523
Just watched the highlights on FB, the first Lions try shouldn't have happened. Lion feed on a scrum, Blues smash them but get penalized.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6308
Andalu wrote:
Sounds like Ioane at centre went alright?


Superb in the second half and he and SBW combined well. Early on through SBW's usual butter fingers cost us the 1st try and contributed to the 2nd.

But Reiko played superbly in that second half. Three tries from the Ioane family. 8) :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15295
Just watching the game now. At around 13 minutes in Alex Hodgman cops what looks like a broken arm. Anyone heard how serious it is?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Posts: 3231
booji boy wrote:
Andalu wrote:
Sounds like Ioane at centre went alright?


Superb in the second half and he and SBW combined well. Early on through SBW's usual butter fingers cost us the 1st try and contributed to the 2nd.

But Reiko played superbly in that second half. Three tries from the Ioane family. 8) :thumbup:

Good to hear he has that versatility even if I doubt he'll be playing there for the ABs anytime soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2872
Location: Switzerland
Well that was pretty embarrassing by the Lions :blush:

Best SA team by a country mile gets beaten by the worst Kiwi team by a country mile, at home :blush:

For all that is impressive about the Lions, there was just no game management at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20278
Well done Blues. Great result.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5750
Magpie26 wrote:
Well that was pretty embarrassing by the Lions :blush:

Best SA team by a country mile gets beaten by the worst Kiwi team by a country mile, at home :blush:

For all that is impressive about the Lions, there was just no game management at all.


Hmm.. maybe the blues aren’t the worst NZ side

..just kidding - but we do have the worst coach by some margin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 7105
Location: Sydney
Lions playing at home might have been slightly overconfident.
Will be an interesting game in 3 weeks at Ellis Park v Crusaders.
I fear for the Sunwolves next week in Jo’burg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13523
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Just watching the game now. At around 13 minutes in Alex Hodgman cops what looks like a broken arm. Anyone heard how serious it is?

Potentially out for the season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12344
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
Fear for us in Cape Town bro! Stomps gonna be mad as hell


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15295
The Native wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Just watching the game now. At around 13 minutes in Alex Hodgman cops what looks like a broken arm. Anyone heard how serious it is?

Potentially out for the season.

Damn.

Just watched the game - what a cracker! The Blues showed a lot of character in that second half. Some nice back play, but the pack really won it for them. Both Ioanes had very good games. I thought Perofeta was good when he came on, threatening the line and nailing all his kicks. Not a bad effort playing outside third-string halfback Ruru, whose passing was less than stellar at times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12570
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
SecretAgentMan wrote:
The Native wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:
Just watching the game now. At around 13 minutes in Alex Hodgman cops what looks like a broken arm. Anyone heard how serious it is?

Potentially out for the season.

Damn.

Just watched the game - what a cracker! The Blues showed a lot of character in that second half. Some nice back play, but the pack really won it for them. Both Ioanes had very good games. I thought Perofeta was good when he came on, threatening the line and nailing all his kicks. Not a bad effort playing outside third-string halfback Ruru, whose passing was less than stellar at times.


Your man-crush looked good and I don't like Guru's decision making all the time but he gets to the ball and passes it, That is all I want in a sh, not two or four steps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13523
It's actually very encouraging knowing that in Perofeta and Gatland there are two young and capable first fives. And Otere Black is also in the squad.

And to think we had to live with Ihaia West for four seasons...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12344
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
In Gats we trust


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18239
The Blues were directionless until Perofeta came on, suddenly their major threats ( SBW and Reiko) sparked into life. The reserve tight forwards carried really well also.

No right to win in that fashion after the prep they had. Tana probably saved his job for now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:36 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4013
Location: Queensland!
The Native wrote:
It's actually very encouraging knowing that in Perofeta and Gatland there are two young and capable first fives. And Otere Black is also in the squad.

And to think we had to live with Ihaia West for four seasons...


One win doesn't make a season :nod: Look at the Aucks getting all smug :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6867
Location: Madrid
It's amazing how unstoppable the Blues looked when they were all buzzing and full of adrenaline, would love to see the ABs like that on a regular basis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17976
Salient wrote:
The Native wrote:
It's actually very encouraging knowing that in Perofeta and Gatland there are two young and capable first fives. And Otere Black is also in the squad.

And to think we had to live with Ihaia West for four seasons...


One win doesn't make a season :nod: Look at the Aucks getting all smug :lol:


I thought you would have learned your lesson?

Salient wrote:
Tehui wrote:
Same shit, different year for the Blues.

You can always blame Ihaia West. Oh, hang on.


And when Ihaia turns it on for the Canes this evening the truth about the Blues will be exposed, the truth is out there Bro :thumbup:


We lose this game with West at the helm - like you did when the Bulls beat you. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13523
Salient wrote:
The Native wrote:
It's actually very encouraging knowing that in Perofeta and Gatland there are two young and capable first fives. And Otere Black is also in the squad.

And to think we had to live with Ihaia West for four seasons...


One win doesn't make a season :nod: Look at the Aucks getting all smug :lol:

I'd love you to explain the logic behind your thought process that equates to me being smug saying that the Blues have three decent first fives in the squad and getting rid of a complete liability.

Are you Ihaia West's significant other?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38659
Location: in transit
The Native wrote:
Salient wrote:
The Native wrote:
It's actually very encouraging knowing that in Perofeta and Gatland there are two young and capable first fives. And Otere Black is also in the squad.

And to think we had to live with Ihaia West for four seasons...


One win doesn't make a season :nod: Look at the Aucks getting all smug :lol:

I'd love you to explain the logic behind your thought process that equates to me being smug saying that the Blues have three decent first fives in the squad and getting rid of a complete liability.

Are you Ihaia West's significant other?


A salient point :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17976
The Native wrote:
Salient wrote:
The Native wrote:
It's actually very encouraging knowing that in Perofeta and Gatland there are two young and capable first fives. And Otere Black is also in the squad.

And to think we had to live with Ihaia West for four seasons...


One win doesn't make a season :nod: Look at the Aucks getting all smug :lol:

I'd love you to explain the logic behind your thought process that equates to me being smug saying that the Blues have three decent first fives in the squad and getting rid of a complete liability.

Are you Ihaia West's significant other?


I think this explains it:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1517
The Blues have so much talent but seem obsessed with impossible off loads. Just good solid rugby will make them a decent team. With a bit of luck and intelligence they could have been 3-0.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 38659
Location: in transit
Marshall Banana wrote:
I think this explains it:

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13523
Masterji wrote:
The Blues have so much talent but seem obsessed with impossible off loads. Just good solid rugby will make them a decent team. With a bit of luck and intelligence they could have been 3-0.

A decent team will see them finish mid-table. If/when they learn when the offloads will stick they'll be a good side. They need tempering, not restriction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13523
Watching the replay now and the Blues gifted the Lions 14 points, missed 6 points in missed penalties and Nic Berry enabled the Lions to score the first try with a baffling scrum penalty. A bit of luck and it could've been a 44-16/14 rout to the Blues. That's Rugby though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10676
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Fantastic, I hope this signals the end for the Lions, such a bunch oc tossers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15202
Location: Auckland, NZ, Earth
There seems to be some misconception on how shit the Blues are. They were 8-1-6 in 2016 and 7-1-7 in 2017. That's average of course, but they're hardly rubbish. It seems to be blown out of proportion because they play NZ teams more often.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10424
Big Nipper wrote:
Fantastic, I hope this signals the end for the Lions, such a bunch oc tossers


Jens been in yet? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3538
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Very disappointed with this result, Blues are the worst Kiwi franchise, chalk it up boys, another Kiwi title...unless the Rebels can stop them :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18239
True Blue wrote:
There seems to be some misconception on how shit the Blues are. They were 8-1-6 in 2016 and 7-1-7 in 2017. That's average of course, but they're hardly rubbish. It seems to be blown out of proportion because they play NZ teams more often.


As I tried to point out earlier in the week, the Blues shitness is greatly exaggerated by the conference system. For example;

Last 20 games against foreign teams;

Blues - 16W 3L 1D
Sharks - 13W 5L 2D
Lions - 13W 7L
Stormers - 10W 9L 1D
Jaguares - 9W 11L
Bulls - 8W 12L
Waratahs - 6W 13L 1D
Brumbies - 6W 14L
Reds - 5W 14L 1D
Rebels - 4W 15L 1D
Sunwolves - 2W 18L


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2133
Location: Well South
sorCrer wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Fantastic, I hope this signals the end for the Lions, such a bunch oc tossers


Jens been in yet? :lol:


To his credit he made a brief appearance on page 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2133
Location: Well South
naki wrote:
True Blue wrote:
There seems to be some misconception on how shit the Blues are. They were 8-1-6 in 2016 and 7-1-7 in 2017. That's average of course, but they're hardly rubbish. It seems to be blown out of proportion because they play NZ teams more often.


As I tried to point out earlier in the week, the Blues shitness is greatly exaggerated by the conference system. For example;

Last 20 games against foreign teams;

Blues - 16W 3L 1D
Sharks - 13W 5L 2D
Lions - 13W 7L
Stormers - 10W 9L 1D
Jaguares - 9W 11L
Bulls - 8W 12L
Waratahs - 6W 13L 1D
Brumbies - 6W 14L
Reds - 5W 14L 1D
Rebels - 4W 15L 1D
Sunwolves - 2W 18L


Point well made.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35869
Location: Innie Kaap
Missed this game. Hard luck Lions.

At least one South African side won this weekend


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18239
Maniototo Man wrote:
naki wrote:
True Blue wrote:
There seems to be some misconception on how shit the Blues are. They were 8-1-6 in 2016 and 7-1-7 in 2017. That's average of course, but they're hardly rubbish. It seems to be blown out of proportion because they play NZ teams more often.


As I tried to point out earlier in the week, the Blues shitness is greatly exaggerated by the conference system. For example;

Last 20 games against foreign teams;

Blues - 16W 3L 1D
Sharks - 13W 5L 2D
Lions - 13W 7L
Stormers - 10W 9L 1D
Jaguares - 9W 11L
Bulls - 8W 12L
Waratahs - 6W 13L 1D
Brumbies - 6W 14L
Reds - 5W 14L 1D
Rebels - 4W 15L 1D
Sunwolves - 2W 18L


Point well made.


Only fair to compare them with the other NZ teams against foreign sides also;

Crusaders - 19W 1L
Chiefs - 17W 3L
Hurricanes - 17W 3L
Highlanders - 17W 3L


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6308
naki wrote:
Maniototo Man wrote:
naki wrote:
True Blue wrote:
There seems to be some misconception on how shit the Blues are. They were 8-1-6 in 2016 and 7-1-7 in 2017. That's average of course, but they're hardly rubbish. It seems to be blown out of proportion because they play NZ teams more often.


As I tried to point out earlier in the week, the Blues shitness is greatly exaggerated by the conference system. For example;

Last 20 games against foreign teams;

Blues - 16W 3L 1D
Sharks - 13W 5L 2D
Lions - 13W 7L
Stormers - 10W 9L 1D
Jaguares - 9W 11L
Bulls - 8W 12L
Waratahs - 6W 13L 1D
Brumbies - 6W 14L
Reds - 5W 14L 1D
Rebels - 4W 15L 1D
Sunwolves - 2W 18L


Point well made.


Only fair to compare them with the other NZ teams against foreign sides also;

Crusaders - 19W 1L
Chiefs - 17W 3L
Hurricanes - 17W 3L
Highlanders - 17W 3L


That's quite surprising. Their record is very similar to the three NZ teams in front of them. They just can't buy a trick vs fellow NZ teams. They have to overcome that and start winning at Eden Park. Having said that their one home game this year is easily their worst performance of the season so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Posts: 3231
Next home game for the Blues is the 20th of April. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19811
sorCrer wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Fantastic, I hope this signals the end for the Lions, such a bunch oc tossers


Jens been in yet? :lol:


Been in last night after the game and congratulated the Blues on their deserved win. What more is there to say?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, bessantj, Boobs not Moobs, camroc1, Dairymilk, danthefan, fatcat, feckwanker, frillage, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], HighKingLeinster, inactionman, irishrugbyua, Jay Cee Gee, Liathroidigloine, New guy, Nolanator, Podge, Raggs, Rinkals, saffer13, Salient, Still Playing, The Man Without Fear, Tschussie, Ulsters Red Hand, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group