Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 am 

grievous wrote:
towny wrote:
grievous wrote:
shanky wrote:
Happens a fair bit in my experience

If you grade lower, you’ve a better chance of winning the comp.

That’s not too unusual to expect, but when you’re building an all-star team, then it’s even worse because other clubs are now getting flogged by their ex-team mates

That's why our u20s cant beat those nasty cussing valley boys from Wales

NRL clubs is why our u20's aren't world beaters.

Sorry why are you conversing with me? And youre wrong again.

I'm not 100% sure you understand how a forum works.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:44 am 

comets wrote:
Eddie jones had 57% winning record, Connolly, 64%, Deans 58%, McKenzie at 50% and Chieka currently running at 53% so he isn't the "worst" coach Australia has this millennium :P

I reckon McKenzie was a better coach (better tactician than Chieka who thinks we can test matches against top teams playing super rugby style) especially towards the end. Cheika really is a very average coach. Horrible selections and horribole tactics. It's not just Cheika but the whole coaching staff.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:45 am 

Didn't get to watch Rebels game but read that Uelese has a knee inuury. Big loss to Wallabies :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:51 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
comets wrote:
Eddie jones had 57% winning record, Connolly, 64%, Deans 58%, McKenzie at 50% and Chieka currently running at 53% so he isn't the "worst" coach Australia has this millennium :P

I reckon McKenzie was a better coach (better tactician than Chieka who thinks we can test matches against top teams playing super rugby style) especially towards the end. Cheika really is a very average coach. Horrible selections and horribole tactics. It's not just Cheika but the whole coaching staff.

Our attack under Cheika is better. Unfortunately, our defence is pretty bad, meaning we need to score 30+ points. Maybe he should get Robbie Deans in to sort out this part of the game and send Nathan Grey to anywhere f*cking else.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:52 am 

Let me handle Grey's destination. I think I can come up with some good ideas. What a waste of farking space he has turned out to be.

Bring back Muggo!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 am 

towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
comets wrote:

Our attack under Cheika is better. Unfortunately, our defence is pretty bad, meaning we need to score 30+ points. Maybe he should get Robbie Deans in to sort out this part of the game and send Nathan Grey to anywhere f*cking else.

You need solid defence to win test rugby and play clinical rugby. We are crap at both.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:12 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
comets wrote:

You need solid defence to win test rugby and play clinical rugby. We are crap at both.

Best scrum since ever tho apparently.... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:30 am 

grievous wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
comets wrote:

Best scrum since ever tho apparently.... :roll:

Well that is am easily provable fact.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:32 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
comets wrote:

A quick look at easily sourced stats will tell you our attack in 2017 was actually quite good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:33 am 

TranceNRG wrote:
Didn't get to watch Rebels game but read that Uelese has a knee inuury. Big loss to Wallabies :(

Rangi has to be the replacement but we all know it will be Fitzpatrick.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:40 am 

Farva wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

Rangi has to be the replacement but we all know it will be Fitzpatrick.

Mafi, Latu and Nathan Charles should be ahead of McKenzie too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:47 pm 

forget the bumboys, what is the ozzieXV looking like for the first test after the State of Union game tonight?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:42 pm 

I'd guess that Cheika will call up Latu if Uelese is out. Wells looked good as did Timu when he came on.
How did Timani go in the Rebels win?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:49 pm 

Pal of mine is playing for the manly sharks- scored for first grade today :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:27 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:

Would that be the Manly Marlins? This is the club that Clive Woodward played with, for two or three seasons or so.

The experience didn't seem to hurt his rugby career too much. :nod:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:37 pm 

wamberal99 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Would that be the Manly Marlins? This is the club that Clive Woodward played with, for two or three seasons or so.

The experience didn't seem to hurt his rugby career too much. :nod:

Oh yeah marlins-
Dunno what’re I got sharks from! Close-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:44 am 

Uelese's season is over :(

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/06/03 ... acl-injury

Big loss to Rebels and Wallabies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:05 am 

Olo wrote:
I'd guess that Cheika will call up Latu if Uelese is out. Wells looked good as did Timu when he came on.
How did Timani go in the Rebels win?

Latu is a bit lazy but reckon you’re right.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:22 am 

Poey and Banks looked bloody good today.

Anyone that says Poey is a one trick pony is either f**king blind, or a one eyed kiwi. He's linking play was bloody handy today, and he also put through an inch perfect grubber kick :shock:

If any back rower needed to be called up, I'd say McCaferty wouldn't be a bad shout. Good in the lineout, all over the park hitting rucks, scored a handy try too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 am 

I know both Hooper and Pocock are world class players but I'm not a fan of the Hooper-Pocock combination. That combination has rarely worked in big games. I'd prefer a more traditional 2 big ball cariers at 6 and 8 who can take the ball over the advantage line but since we don't have 2 good players there, I guess we have to keep playing Pooper. I don't expect the results will be much different this year either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:45 am 

Hooper would be one of the best forward ball runners in world rugby. Your point is pointless. This year the Wallabies will have Tupou too; another of the best ball runners in world rugby. Move on.

Wallabies don’t have problems scoring points; however we leak like a sieve. Remember, we sucked last year and Pocock wasn’t playing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:11 pm 

towny wrote:
Hooper would be one of the best forward ball runners in world rugby. Your point is pointless. This year the Wallabies will have Tupou too; another of the best ball runners in world rugby. Move on.

Wallabies don’t have problems scoring points; however we leak like a sieve. Remember, we sucked last year and Pocock wasn’t playing.

My point is pointless? :? Did you actually watch any of the Wallabies tests in the last few years? Pooper combo has been inefftive and that's a fact.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:28 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:

My point is pointless? :? Did you actually watch any of the Wallabies tests in the last few years? Pooper combo has been inefftive and that's a fact.

And we were effective when Pocock wasn’t playing, eh? How’d we do last year in his absence? We gave up 30 points a game.

Hooper, Pocock and Folau are the best players in the country and the only 3 that would walk into any test side. Meanwhile we have had weak locks, Phipps and no kicking ability. But yeah, let’s blame Pooper....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:35 pm 

towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:

And we were effective when Pocock wasn’t playing, eh? How’d we do last year in his absence? We gave up 30 points a game.

Hooper, Pocock and Folau are the best players in the country and the only 3 that would walk into any test side. Meanwhile we have had weak locks, Phipps and no kicking ability. But yeah, let’s blame Pooper....

Although with Coleman and Rodda our locks are looking good. And put DHP and Maddocks in the back three and we can kick. Just dont let Foley do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:35 pm 

towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:

Just because they are good individual players doesnt' mean they will play well combined. 2 opensides has never worked for us in the past.

We just don't have a dominant no 8 in Australia at the moment (or a 6 for that matter) so we have to use 2 opensides even though we know it hasns't worked in the past.

And it's a rubbish comparison to bring up Phipps. I know he's shit and I know a number of players in Wallabies were/are shit however I can recognise that our backrow has been average in the last few years.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:36 pm 

towny wrote:
Hooper, Pocock and Folau are the best players in the country and the only 3 that would walk into any test side.

Are you saying any other side in the world would also take the Pooper backrow?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:38 pm 

kiap wrote:
towny wrote:
Hooper, Pocock and Folau are the best players in the country and the only 3 that would walk into any test side.

Are you saying any other side in the world would also take the Pooper backrow?

It's nonsense. Hooper and Pocock are great players but the backrow balance isn't right with both of them in the team.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:41 pm 

towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:

Meanwhile we have had weak locks, Phipps and no kicking ability. But yeah, let’s blame Pooper....

Hooper would not start over Cane. Nor would he start over SOB.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:41 pm 

Marshall Banana wrote:
towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:

Meanwhile we have had weak locks, Phipps and no kicking ability. But yeah, let’s blame Pooper....

Rubbish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:47 pm 

Farva wrote:
Marshall Banana wrote:
towny wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
towny wrote:

Rubbish

It really isn't.

Cane was our best player against the Lions, and had a great year last year. He is so much better than Hooper at the breakdown. More physical - more abrasive - more disruptive.

I'll take Fulool + Pocock - but Hooper is a step down on those two.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 pm 

Marshall Banana wrote:

I'll take Fulool + Pocock - but Hooper is a step down on those two.

I'd have to agree. Pocock in form would be better than Cane and Hooper isn't as physical as Cane but Hooper is a better runner (at least in super rugby when there's more space and time).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:52 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
Hooper is a better runner (at least in super rugby when there's more space and time).

If you compare Hooper to say a Kieran Read?

It's Read.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:55 pm 

kiap wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Hooper is a better runner (at least in super rugby when there's more space and time).

If you compare Hooper to say a Kieran Read?

It's Read.

Of course. I was comparing Hooper to Cane. On balance I'd pick Cane over Hooper at 7 if it was a choice between those 2. I wouldn't pick 2 opensides in a test team.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:06 pm 

Will Pete Samu's presence make a difference to selection? He could be the big yet mobile/hard working no.8 tha Australia is looking for? Given the Wallaby squad, this is the backrow mix I'd choose.

8. Samu
7. Pocock
6. Hannigan

20. Hooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 pm 

Hanigan shouldn't be anywhere in the 23 given his performance in tests last year.

And Samu isn't a big player either. He's probably about the same size as Pocock.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:14 pm 

TranceNRG wrote:
Hanigan shouldn't be anywhere in the 23 given his performance in tests last year.

And Samu isn't a big player either. He's probably about the same size as Pocock.

He's bigger than Pocock and much bigger than Hooper. Samu and Pocock, combined with a tall backrower like Hannigan, is a workable test match option.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:15 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:

He's bigger than Pocock and much bigger than Hooper. Samu and Pocock, combined with a tall backrower like Hannigan, is a workable test match option.

Maybe one or two inches and probably about the same weight or slightly smaller.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:53 pm 

In theory, I think the Pooper should work - with strong lineout options surrounding them...

You see, the Pooper has combined for 1 single lineout take this season in Soup. You're going to be running with n00b hookers - it's a big ask for these kids come lineout time.

Anyway, Hooper is captain, and Pocock will obviously start, so we'll see soon enough how it goes again. I hope they tear Ireland apart.

Side note - Pocock did show some deft touches today against the Sunwolves. Zakar was not making this up! And McCaffrey is a joy to watch - not many players like him in the game today.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 pm 

Hooper is every bit as good as Cane and SOB. He would create selection headaches for Ireland and NZ if he qualified for them

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:54 pm 

It’s pointless re-discussing the merits of the Pooper. Cheika has decided how he wants to play the game and he is all about work rate and accuracy. Unfortunately provincial and test rugby are not the same beast. As with all Wallaby coaches before him, he will live and die by his theories and decisions.

A good big guy will most often top a good little guy, particularly at 6 and 8.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next