Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:25 am 

more by clyde

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:28 am 

Good words by Clyde there.

Obviously a thinker :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 am 

I'm not sure if I believe the first bullet point though.

The dude is an adult, who chose that brand of poisonous ideology, after wavering from the one he was indoctrinated in.

Posting that video especially, suggests maliciousness to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 am 

Edit - me talking bollocks

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm 

Landrover have repossessed Folau's sponsorship car following his remarks, and are now using Beale in their rugby promotions...

But apparently he has his own self bought Lamborghini, but with the sponsorships drying up those luxury items might not be as easy to come by.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:42 pm 

Slim 293 wrote:
Landrover have repossessed Folau's sponsorship car following his remarks, and are now using Beale in their rugby promotions...

But apparently he has his own self bought Lamborghini, but with the sponsorships drying up those luxury items might not be as easy to come by.

Bit of a bummer for him

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 pm 

Slim 293 wrote:

Brilliant, instead of using a homophobe, they are now using someone who has hit a woman on a few occasions.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 pm 

ElementFreak wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:

Brilliant, instead of using a homophobe, they are now using someone who has hit a woman on a few occasions.

James O'Connor and Quade Cooper weren't available.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:25 pm 

mr bungle wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:

James O'Connor and Quade Cooper weren't available.

That's a shame.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:14 am 

TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
They'd probably be taken to the cleaners by a decent employment lawyer if they sacked him for his tweets.

Don't know Aussie employment law but here there's clear grounds for starting the firing process. Verbal warning for the first tweet (diversity being a high-profile strategy of his employer), required to complete diversity training, written warning for the second post.

He seems so self-absorbed and mentalist that he'd probably suicide-by-mod sometime during that process so you'd be free and clear.

The verbal/written/strike 3, you're gone thing is a bit of a myth...most Awards have Dispute Resolution and Termination clauses but Folau would be "Award-Free" so only subject to the terms of his contract as long as they weren't in breach of any applicable unlawful or unfair dismissal protections...
https://www.fwc.gov.au/termination-of-employment

Any Contractual dispute would have to go through the Courts...

With regards to choosing his current church as an Adult, I think it was his father who had a falling-out with the previous and led his flock to greener pastures...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 am 

Beale appears to have gotten this sponsorship

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:19 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
They'd probably be taken to the cleaners by a decent employment lawyer if they sacked him for his tweets.

Don't know Aussie employment law but here there's clear grounds for starting the firing process.
In the finest traditions of PR :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:25 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Don't know Aussie employment law but here there's clear grounds for starting the firing process. Verbal warning for the first tweet (diversity being a high-profile strategy of his employer), required to complete diversity training, written warning for the second post.

He seems so self-absorbed and mentalist that he'd probably suicide-by-mod sometime during that process so you'd be free and clear.

The verbal/written/strike 3, you're gone thing is a bit of a myth...most Awards have Dispute Resolution and Termination clauses but Folau would be "Award-Free" so only subject to the terms of his contract as long as they weren't in breach of any applicable unlawful or unfair dismissal protections...

With regards to choosing his current church as an Adult, I think it was his father who had a falling-out with the previous and led his flock to greener pastures...

Wouldn't AR have some kind of code of conduct? And some kind of misconduct policy? And wouldn't this be where they'd go to get rid of him?

At any rate, his contract expires soon, I actually don't think they'll chase him too hard (although I didn't expect Castle to fold like a cheap suit when Folau gave AR the big finger with his video).

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:34 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

Wouldn't AR have some kind of code of conduct? And some kind of misconduct policy? And wouldn't this be where they'd go to get rid of him?

At any rate, his contract expires soon, I actually don't think they'll chase him too hard (although I didn't expect Castle to fold like a cheap suit when Folau gave AR the big finger with his video).

AR would definitely have some form of CoC but these things cannot override federal legislation...they're usually written in fairly general terms that any lawyer could argue with...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 am 

Code of conduct stuff is only ever used to get rid of employees/contractors/players they don't want

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:42 am 

Slim 293 wrote:

can NZ repossess his wife or is that no longer possible?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:47 am 

Folau says all gays are going to hell. If you dont believe in God/Heaven/Hell etc how can there be any possible outrage? He could say that they will end up in Dubbo watching endless Australian derby replays - at least thats a real hell to everyone

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:16 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
Folau says all gays are going to hell. If you dont believe in God/Heaven/Hell etc how can there be any possible outrage? He could say that they will end up in Dubbo watching endless Australian derby replays - at least thats a real hell to everyone

I don't get that line of thinking. We all know 'hell' is a bad place, where bad people go, irrelevant if we believe in hell or not. Folau is saying people are going to a bad place just because of who they are. But, its moved on from that tweet anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 am 

Interesting point in this saga.

Now that Land Rover have been the first of his sponsors to do something I wonder if it’ll embolden other sponsors to follow suit.

I wonder if If will also inspire Folau to increase his anti-Gay Tweets?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 am 

BBB wrote:

Now that Land Rover have been the first of his sponsors to do something I wonder if it’ll embolden other sponsors to follow suit.

In terms of marketability, he's basically worthless now. In Australia, certainly in states where Rugby has a profile, he's the poster boy for bigotry, homophobia and religious fanaticism.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
BBB wrote:

In terms of marketability, he's basically worthless now. In Australia, certainly in states where Rugby has a profile, he's the poster boy for bigotry, homophobia and religious fanaticism.

so no longer a posterboy for rugby but definitely a posterboy for Christianity?....pretty much a win for him...more christians like him in australia than rugby union fans anwyays...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:38 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
BBB wrote:

and a poster boy for 38% percent of the population

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:35 am 

_fatprop wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
BBB wrote:

You're presuming all Christians have his views - clearly they all don't.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 am 

UncleFB wrote:
_fatprop wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
BBB wrote:

agreed it is an arbitrary number guessed at from the gay marriage vote, my point being that the comment "he's basically worthless now" could be a bit inaccurate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 am 

UncleFB wrote:
_fatprop wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
BBB wrote:

And that it's a dying group ... but could be countered by other religions who hold the view.
Folau (in rugby terms) is a poster boy full stop.

KG

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
BBB wrote:

Although Ralene did tell us that AR wont be doing anything because they have cater for you bigoted islanders as well. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 am 

So as I see it, you are not allowed to discriminate....

Folau has had his car taken from him for his outward discriminatory behaviour.....

Then isn't Folau being discriminated against on the basis of his religion?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:07 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:

Folau has had his car taken from him for his outward discriminatory behaviour.....

As you say it's been taken away for his outward discriminatory behaviour, not because of his religion. He can be Christian and not have outwardly discriminatory behaviour.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:07 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:

Well no, it very clearly is not.
His car was provided under contract by his sponsor. They have ended that relationship.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:08 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:

Discriminate can either to be recognise the difference between different things, which we are allowed to do. Or to be unjust/prejudice towards different people etc.

It cannot be prejudice, since landrover are reacting to something Folau has actually done, rather than judging him before anything has happened. It's not really unjust in my mind either, the company has it's own standards, and feel that Folau, given his statements, does not align with those standards.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am 

UncleFB wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

I don't get that line of thinking. We all know 'hell' is a bad place, where bad people go, irrelevant if we believe in hell or not. Folau is saying people are going to a bad place just because of who they are. But, its moved on from that tweet anyway.

I do get that line of thinking.

How can we all know that Hell is a bad place if we do not believe that Hell exists?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 am 

Mick Mannock wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

How can we all know that Hell is a bad place if we do not believe that Hell exists?

If they are correct then Heaven would be full of "God and Guns" Yanks and Saffers. I can't see how Hell could be any worse.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:00 am 

A5D5E5 wrote:
Mick Mannock wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

If they are correct then Heaven would be full of "God and Guns" Yanks and Saffers. I can't see how Hell could be any worse.

the fact that religious people cannot see the same is why people are pissed off more..they don't want to be "condemned" to be going to hell, its a choice they already made...lets put it this way, if you were about to go out the door and someone from behind you SHOUTS and SWEARS and tells you to go out that door, would you?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am 

Is this thick c*nt still news?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:07 am 

Mick Mannock wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

a. You're deliberately ignoring my point, so what's your point? b. The church will tell us hell is a bad place. c. It exists, it's called Palmerston North.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:58 am 

Here's how you do it. You can't get more pious on earth than the Pope, and Pope Francis is doing it right.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/10 ... his-remark

Hopefully this kind of leadership will help benighted, chewing-gum Christians like Israel Folau get over themselves.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 pm 

He said what he believes according to his religion. You can all grow up and come back to reality now. It's time to let go of your neo-Nazi campaign to dictate what others are allowed to believe.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:16 pm 

mightyreds wrote:
He said what he believes according to his religion. You can all grow up and come back to reality now. It's time to let go of your neo-Nazi campaign to dictate what others are allowed to believe.

He's allowed to express his beliefs.

So are we. Perhaps you have a problem with that idea. Perhaps you're a neo Nazi.

It's more likely you really are just from Queensland.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:30 pm 

mightyreds wrote:

Newton's third law dumbass..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24