Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4993
YOYO wrote:
I actually didn’t know who that was in his avatar. I thought it was the character Jaws from those old James Bond movies. The lad with the metal teeth.



The "Big Tom" writing in the avatar wasn't a bit of a giveaway, no?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7773
Globus with a Big Tom anecdote .... thats made my day :lol:

Four lies from uncle Globby
Four lies that drift apart
Four lies from Glenamaddy
Are the four dusty byways to my mirth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 11890
globus wrote:
RIP Big Tom.

He played at our (the first Mrs G) second wedding reception with the Mainliners "over the border" when we travelled there from Gortin to meet up with relatives in Éire.

My then father in law knew him quite well. I think we got "mates rates".

Because of trouble on the border crossing we arrived late. But they were on until about 3am.


10-4 Good Buddy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21839
Leinsterman wrote:
DOB wrote:
Are you alright, Mullet? I haven't seen you this shook since Larry Batman shuffled on.


:lol:

Ah Jaysus, I even saw that on the kindle and made sure to not select it before posting. Sorry JR.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5013
Mullet 2 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Look at the hat. Just look at it. And this song was about how the divorce referendum would leave us perverts like the Belgians and I am testament to that

https://youtu.be/rNnQoRT3eHM



It's truly magnificent


Young Brendan Shine has some big boots to fill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23583
Comfortably in the top 5 musicians to come out of Castleblayney :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm
Posts: 21998
Jaysus, Big Tom and Derek Davis gone, who will Mullet look up to now?
Sad times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32086
Location: Pigdogistan
I never heard of Big Tom before today. Now Mullet's avatar makes sense.

Your missus a big fan, BMan?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9606
iarmhiman wrote:
Joe Dolan and now Big Tom gone.

Poor Mullet


My mother dragged me off to go see him in the early 80's. :blush:

He was on the UN banned list for some time as were Foster & Allen

RIP big fella


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40180
Location: Dublin
sorCrer wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Joe Dolan and now Big Tom gone.

Poor Mullet


My mother dragged me off to go see him in the early 80's. :blush:

He was on the UN banned list for some time as were Foster & Allen

RIP big fella


I think Joe Dolan was gay not that it matters much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9606
iarmhiman wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Joe Dolan and now Big Tom gone.

Poor Mullet


My mother dragged me off to go see him in the early 80's. :blush:

He was on the UN banned list for some time as were Foster & Allen

RIP big fella


I think Joe Dolan was gay not that it matters much.


To this day some 37 years later, late at night when it's quiet, I can still hear him singing...'More and more and more'.. and remember seeing all these adults clapping and singing along. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40180
Location: Dublin
sorCrer wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Joe Dolan and now Big Tom gone.

Poor Mullet


My mother dragged me off to go see him in the early 80's. :blush:

He was on the UN banned list for some time as were Foster & Allen

RIP big fella


I think Joe Dolan was gay not that it matters much.


To this day some 37 years later, late at night when it's quiet, I can still hear him singing...'More and more and more'.. and remember seeing all these adults clapping and singing along. :(


He made a come back at the end of the 90s. He basically sang covers. He even sang that song " The Universal" by Blur


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyIslander, danny_fitz, DOB, Doc Rob, eldanielfire, ElementFreak, El Homerino, EverReady, frillage, Gavin Duffy, kiweez, Leinsterman, my 2 cents, Petej, SASP, Seez, somer, The Man Without Fear, Wignu, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group