Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ANZACs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:37 am 

It is very interesting to note the subtle differences in reflection/rememberance services taking place.

In NZ the crusaders game acknowledged the australian amd nz service persons and flew the flags of both nations. Just tuned in to the geelong v port adelaide game. Just one flag, just one nation being acknowledged.

I for one say wtf?

Why would any Australian want to be associated with Christchurch. Cease and desist immediately! :x

But also well done nz. The two nations sacrifices are remembered as one in N Z. Broken Australia...

Post subject: Re: ANZACs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 am 

TBF on the Aussies soup rugby has much more of a trans Tasman component.

Besides what would the ANZAC be without the NZ.

When all's said it was a shared sacrifice that binds our country's together tightly.

I never knew any of my grandparents - only a step grandmother. I stumbled across her brother's grave at the Lone Pine cemetery on the Gallipoli Peninsula on my big OE many years ago. He was a Kiwi living in Melbourne but signed up with an Aussie regiment, eventually dying while fighting alongside his mates in a suicidal attack high in the hills.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:00 am 

one of the great uncles was with the brits at gallipoli, then got sent to the somme. survived them both :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:03 am 

Binds our country's tightly..... Come off it bud, Anzac spirit is at an all time low, whenever I hear some Australian commentator talk about Anzac solidarity while me kiwi brethren are breaking rocks on robben (sorry Manus) Island, a little bit of spew rises in my mouth... ANZAC is good to remember our fallen but to use it in a modern day context is ridiculous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:16 am 

Ogre wrote:
one of the great uncles was with the brits at gallipoli, then got sent to the somme. survived them both :shock:

Aaah the great "Burrow deep" McOgre. I think I read his autobiography. Something about his ambidextrous shovelling that stood him in good stead as I seem to recall.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 am 

maxbox wrote:
Binds our country's tightly..... Come off it bud, Anzac spirit is at an all time low, whenever I hear some Australian commentator talk about Anzac solidarity while me kiwi brethren are breaking rocks on robben (sorry Manus) Island, a little bit of spew rises in my mouth... ANZAC is good to remember our fallen but to use it in a modern day context is ridiculous

I think my point is that the keewees were ok to fly both nations flags and publicly acknowledge both nations, while at the AFL match it seemed to be that it was the Australians that single handedly endured and ensured victory in all world wars and other more regional conflicts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:21 am 

Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:

Aaah the great "Burrow deep" McOgre. I think I read his autobiography. Something about his ambidextrous shovelling that stood him in good stead as I seem to recall.

nah he was about 5' 1" tall. all the bullets went over his head. The grandfather spent time in Bhurma with the 14th, that wasn't cool either

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:22 am 

Clogs wrote:
maxbox wrote:

I think my point is that the keewees were ok to fly both nations flags and publicly acknowledge both nations, while at the AFL match it seemed to be that it was the Australians that single handedly endured and ensured victory in all world wars and other more regional conflicts.

You know where you can stick your point cobber ;)

Clogs wrote:
maxbox wrote:

its why we are the ones who invented ANZAC biscuits and lamingtons. Much nicer people than those aussies

Ogre wrote:
Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:

nah he was about 5' 1" tall. all the bullets went over his head. The grandfather spent time in Bhurma with the 14th, that wasn't cool either

Tropical Burma?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:23 am 

Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:
Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:

Tropical Burma?

Myanmar in modern tech speak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 am 

maxbox wrote:
Clogs wrote:
maxbox wrote:

You know where you can stick your point cobber ;)

Somewhere near my waltzing matilda?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:25 am 

Ogre wrote:
Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:
Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:

Tropical Burma?

Myanmar in modern tech speak

Right so temps don't get below 32 celsius. Are you perhaps the master of understatement?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:27 am 

nah he was about 5' 1" tall. all the bullets went over his head. The grandfather spent time in Bhurma with the 14th, that wasn't cool either[/quote]

Tropical Burma?[/quote]

Myanmar in modern tech speak[/quote]

Right so temps don't get below 32 celsius. Are you perhaps the master of understatement?[/quote]

possibly. however Im now off to have some party pies and you are not invited

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:29 am 

Clogs wrote:
It is very interesting to note the subtle differences in reflection/rememberance services taking place.

In NZ the crusaders game acknowledged the australian amd nz service persons and flew the flags of both nations. Just tuned in to the geelong v port adelaide game. Just one flag, just one nation being acknowledged.

I for one say wtf?

Why would any Australian want to be associated with Christchurch. Cease and desist immediately! :x

But also well done nz. The two nations sacrifices are remembered as one in N Z. Broken Australia...

Then leave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:29 am 

Ogre wrote:

Tropical Burma?[/quote]

Right so temps don't get below 32 celsius. Are you perhaps the master of understatement?[/quote]

possibly. however Im now off to have some party pies and you are not invited[/quote]

Enjoy. Just remember to rehydrate with those party pies. That are very salty. The recommended rehydration regime is at least 1 pint of lager per pie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:30 am 

Clogs wrote:
Ogre wrote:

Tropical Burma?

possibly. however Im now off to have some party pies and you are not invited[/quote]

Enjoy. Just remember to rehydrate with those party pies. That are very salty. The recommended rehydration regime is at least 1 pint of lager per pie.[/quote]

excellent. 8 pies to go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:30 am 

grievous wrote:
Then leave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:36 am 

Actually the Adelaide vs Sydney AFL game last night flew both flags and sung both anthems.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:53 am 

guy smiley wrote:
grievous wrote:
Then leave

Sorry if I think economic refugees shouldn't troll Anzac day

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:54 am 

CrazyIslander wrote:
Actually the Adelaide vs Sydney AFL game last night flew both flags and sung both anthems.

Spot on. But that doesn't make such a hilarious troll thread now does it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 pm 

Is ANZAC Day based on Gallipoli? Or just a day or Rememberance to all the battles endure during the 2 WW?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:06 pm 

Gallipoli. We have huge monuments to commemorate the occasion... Think all those lovely boer war statues you got over there. ANZAC is sometimes confused with ANZUS before NZ opted out of the Alliance in the 1980s (this becoming the ANUS pact) this alliance was between Aussie, the Yanks and NZ whereas ANZAC was Aussie and NZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:10 pm 

maxbox wrote:
Gallipoli. We have huge monuments to commemorate the occasion... Think all those lovely boer war statues you got over there. ANZAC is sometimes confused with ANZUS before NZ opted out of the Alliance in the 1980s (this becoming the ANUS pact) this alliance was between Aussie, the Yanks and NZ whereas ANZAC was Aussie and NZ

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:13 pm 

maxbox wrote:
ANZUS before NZ opted out of the Alliance in the 1980s (this becoming the ANUS pact) this alliance was between Aussie, the Yanks and NZ whereas ANZAC was Aussie and NZ

ANUS will be when we bring in Norfolk to replace Unzid,

At the moment, it's the AUS alliance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:14 pm 

Jeez Kiap it's a joke ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:16 pm 

maxbox wrote:
Jeez Kiap it's a joke ;)

Like the blues?

The hounding will never stop!! :x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:19 pm 

maxbox wrote:
Jeez Kiap it's a joke ;)

Like trolling cancer, you mealy mouthed little cnut?

You could show some respect for a change and f**k off out this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 pm 

:lol: fudge off Guy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 pm 

Jeez, this has escalated

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

he's a mouthy germ of a poster with no respect or regard for others and no idea of what he's on about...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:22 pm 

Absolutely Ron Burgundy styles... needs a GIF nips

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:24 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

he's a mouthy germ of a poster with no respect or regard for others and no idea of what he's on about...

You know what GS just put me on ignore you sanctimonious fcuk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:24 pm 

maxbox wrote:
Jeez Kiap it's a joke ;)

:lol: get your own, m8.

I posted it (and with a punchline that actually works) three years ago, dude.

kiap wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
What about ANZUS? How do you feel about that?

Well, we should have done what New Zealand did in the 80s and split. At least we still get to play deputy sheriff I guess?

Kiwis are halfway in again... it's gone from AUS to ANUS.

You're a plastic imitator, a pale shadow compared to your master ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

I must have missed that shit fight, Always seemed to be ok to me (apart from being a shitty blues supporter)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:27 pm 

Ogre wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

I must have missed that shit fight, Always seemed to be ok to me (apart from being a shitty blues supporter)

He was trolling Toga about cancer which is pretty f**king tasteless as it stands but when I pointed out to him that my mother had died of cancer recently after I spent months nursing her he doubled down and wentharder.

Nasty, spineless cnut of a poster.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Ogre wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

He was trolling Toga about cancer which is pretty f**king tasteless as it stands but when I pointed out to him that my mother had died of cancer recently after I spent months nursing her he doubled down and wentharder.

Nasty, spineless cnut of a poster.

that'll do it.
condolences about your mum. Losing someone you care about is never good

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:29 pm 

Ogre wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

Awww gummmon bro I am cool. Your friendship means a lot to me ogre and I didn't even read GS post about his mum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:31 pm 

maxbox wrote:
Ogre wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Jeez, this has escalated

Awww gummmon bro I am cool. Your friendship means a lot to me ogre and I didn't even read GS post about his mum

im not your friend anymore. much like the blues board and tana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:34 pm 

Does this mean Melbourne cabal is maxbox free cabal? Anyways clearly I have annoyed far too many people on here, so adios Muchahchos