Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Where:
Auckland, New Zealand

Image

Image

Image

Venue:
Eden Park, Auckland - Altitude: 2m - Capacity: 60,000

Image

Image

Who:

Image

15. Matt Duffie
14. Jordan Hyland
13. Orbyn Leger
12. Rieko Ioane
11. Tumua Manu
10. Stephen Perofeta
9. Jonathan Ruru
8. Akira Ioane
7. Kara Pryor
6. Dalton Papalii
5. Josh Goodhue
4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti
3. Sione Mafileo
2. James Parsons (c)
1. Pauliasi Manu

Replacements:

16. Leni Apisai
17. Ross Wright
18. Mike Tamoaieta
19. Ben Nee-Nee
20. Lyndon Dunshea
21. Augustine Pulu
22. Dan Kirkpatrick
23. Terrence Hepetema

Image

Image

15. Joaquin Tuculet (c)
14. Bautista Delguy
13. Matias Orlando
12. Jeronimo De La Fuente
11. Emiliano Boffelli
10. Nicolas Sanchez
9. Martin Landajo
8. Leonardo Senatore
7. Marcos Kremer
6. Javier Ortega Desio
5. Matias Alemanno
4. Guido Petti Pagadizaval
3. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
2. Agustin Creevy
1. Santiago Garcia Botta

Replacements:

16. Julian Montoya
17. Javier Manuel Diaz
18. Juan Pablo Zeiss
19. Tomás Lavanini
20. Tomás Lezana
21. Gonzalo Bertranou
22. Bautista Ezcurra
23. Sebastián Cancelliere

History:

Image

Played: 1

Blues: 1
Jaguares: 0
Draw = 0

Last matches:

2 Apr 2016 -- Blues 24 - 16 Jaguares (QBE Stadium, Albany)

When:

Date :

SATURDAY 28 APRIL 2018

Kick Off :

SAT 19:35 Auckland, New Zealand
SAT 07:35 UTC
SAT 04:35 Buenos Aires, Argentina

Match Officials:

Referee - Paul Williams (NZRU)

Image

Assistant Referee 1 - Brendon Pickerill (NZRU)
Assistant Referee 2 - Cam Stone (NZRU)

TMO - Ben Skeen (NZRU)

Image

Auckland - Weather Forecast :

Image


Last edited by Carfer on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19520
In with a chance after a winning first half of their tour


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Jensrsa wrote:
In with a chance after a winning first half of their tour


If we don't win this game, we'll hardly ever win any in Kiwiland. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6895
Blose by -3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Jaguares Add Reinforcements for the Injured Matera and Moyano
americasrugbynews.com wrote:
Los Jaguares have added reinforcements for the injured Pablo Matera and Ramiro Moyano. The duo both started against the Brumbies earlier today and were forced off injured.

Head Coach Mario Ledesma has gone for a combination of youth and experience to replace them. Called-up are Juan Manuel Leguizamón and Juan Cruz Mallía.

Juan Manuel Leguizamón is into his third season of Super Rugby. A veteran of 82 caps, Leguizamón has played in three Rugby World Cups. Ledesma has preferred youth in his back-row in 2018 with Pablo Matera, Marcos Kremer and Javier Ortega Desio being the regular starters.

Matera suffered suffered a shoulder sprain and a tendon injury to his left bicep against the Brumbies. He was replaced by Leonardo Senatore at half time. Not involved but with the team is Tomás Lezana, a back-rower now fully recovered from injury.

Joaquín Tuculet is expected to take over the captaincy in the absence of Matera. Both he and Lezana were named as vice-captains by Ledesma in January. Tuculet has started all but one match in the Ledesma regime.

Moyano was replaced in the final minutes against the Brumbies. He suffered bruising in the match and is in doubt for next weekend. Ledesma called-up Mallía from the Argentina XV as cover. As a player who has played outside center, wing and fullback the Jockey Córdoba back offers more than stepping-in as an emergency option.

Should he receive game time then Mallía would make his Super Rugby debut. Prior to the Americas Rugby Championship the 21-year-old Mallía trained under Ledesma in a Jaguares training camp. has

Los Jaguares are to face the Blues in what is their third of a four match tour to Oceania. The final match sees Los Jaguares taking-on the Chiefs in Rotorua on Friday May 04. Both Leguizamón and Mallía are to fly to New Zealand on Monday.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/04/22/jaguares-add-reinforcements-for-the-injured-matera-and-moyano/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Match Officials:

Image

Jaguares - probable line-up for this game

15 Joaquin Tuculet (c)
14 Bautista Delguy
13 Matias Orlando
12 Jeronimo De La Fuente
11 Emiliano Boffelli
10 Nicolas Sanchez
9 Gonzalo Bertranou
8 Javier Ortega Desio
7 Marcos Kremer
6 Tomás Lezana
5 Tomas Lavanini
4 Guido Petti Pagadizaval
3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
2 Agustin Creevy
1 Santiago Garcia Botta

Replacements:

16 Julian Montoya
17 Javier Manuel Diaz
18 Juan Pablo Zeiss
19 Matias Alemanno
20 Leonardo Senatore
21 Martin Landajo
22 Bautista Ezcurra / Santiago González Iglesisas
23 Sebastián Cancelliere


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17913
I was going to ask you to do the match thread, Carfer, but you're a step ahead of me!

Top work. :thumbup:

Plenty of wind + rain is forecast for Saturday night, so I think your superior pack + kicking game will see you home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Marshall Banana wrote:
I was going to ask you to do the match thread, Carfer, but you're a step ahead of me!

Top work. :thumbup:

Plenty of wind + rain is forecast for Saturday night, so I think your superior pack + kicking game will see you home.


I think the real problem that Blues has to face is the number of injured players accumulated (19 I heard them say in Espn) and the stress that the bad results that are a consequence of that series of injuries, generated in the group.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17913
Rieko back to 12 - but he pretty much has to play in the midfield this week with all our injuries.

http://theblues.co.nz/captain-pulu-hopes-to-return-to-blues-line-up-to-host-jaguares/

In light of the injury situation, coach Umaga will name his reserves after training. :uhoh:

The team is:

1. Pauliasi Manu, 2. James Parsons ©, 3. Sione Mafileo, 4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 5. Josh Goodhue, 6. Jimmy Tupou, 7. Kara Pryor or Dalton Papalii, 8. Akira Ioane; 9. Augustine Pulu or Jonathan Ruru, 10. Stephen Perofeta, 11. Tumua Manu, 12. Rieko Ioane, 13. Orbyn Leger, 14. Jordan Hyland,15. Matt Duffie.

Injured players: Otere Black (knee – season), Blake Gibson (shoulder), Glenn Preston (groin, season), Sonny Bill Williams (wrist), Alex Hodgman (wrist), Scott Scrafton (leg – season), Daniel Kirkpatrick (ribs), Melani Nanai (ankle), Matt Johnson (surgery – season), Jerome Kaino (hamstring), George Moala (chest – season), TJ Faiane (ankle), Josh Goodhue (shoulder), Tamati Tua (hand), Caleb Clarke (appendicitis), Michael Collins (hand), Ofa Tuungafasi (knee). All Black stand-down: Patrick Tuipulotu (illness).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1884
Marshall Banana wrote:
Rieko back to 12 - but he pretty much has to play in the midfield this week with all our injuries.

http://theblues.co.nz/captain-pulu-hopes-to-return-to-blues-line-up-to-host-jaguares/

In light of the injury situation, coach Umaga will name his reserves after training. :uhoh:

The team is:

1. Pauliasi Manu, 2. James Parsons ©, 3. Sione Mafileo, 4. Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 5. Josh Goodhue, 6. Jimmy Tupou, 7. Kara Pryor or Dalton Papalii, 8. Akira Ioane; 9. Augustine Pulu or Jonathan Ruru, 10. Stephen Perofeta, 11. Tumua Manu, 12. Rieko Ioane, 13. Orbyn Leger, 14. Jordan Hyland,15. Matt Duffie.

Injured players: Otere Black (knee – season), Blake Gibson (shoulder), Glenn Preston (groin, season), Sonny Bill Williams (wrist), Alex Hodgman (wrist), Scott Scrafton (leg – season), Daniel Kirkpatrick (ribs), Melani Nanai (ankle), Matt Johnson (surgery – season), Jerome Kaino (hamstring), George Moala (chest – season), TJ Faiane (ankle), Josh Goodhue (shoulder), Tamati Tua (hand), Caleb Clarke (appendicitis), Michael Collins (hand), Ofa Tuungafasi (knee). All Black stand-down: Patrick Tuipulotu (illness).

That would have to be the weakest Blues team ever selected. Most NPC teams would slaughter it. If the Jags don't win comfortably, heads should roll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10605
Excellent work on the OP, Carfer. I reckon the Argies could sneak a win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11491
The highlight of this thread is Carfer's pictures of Auckland.

Seeing the Blues season is over, we may as well turn this thread into a picture library of Auckland.

Not really.

but I must say this place here (Victoria Park) really really really should be Auckland's future test cricket venue.

Image



Jags by 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13291
Will this be the first time the Jaguares have an undefeated tour?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1884
Auckman wrote:
but I must say this place here (Victoria Park) really really really should be Auckland's future test cricket venue.

Image

Back in the day when playing club cricket for Grafton, I got hit for six right over the viaduct. Bowled him next ball. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11491
Waka Nathan wrote:
Back in the day when playing club cricket for Grafton, I got hit for six right over the viaduct. Bowled him next ball. 8)


I once kicked a rugby ball onto that viaduct when playing touch rugby (with kicks). Funny thing is that on the following Monday, one of my workmates told me he was driving along that viaduct when a rugby ball came flying up from the side. :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1884
Auckman wrote:
Wa ka Nathan wrote:
Back in the day when playing club cricket for Grafton, I got hit for six right over the viaduct. Bowled him next ball. 8)


I once kicked a rugby ball onto that viaduct when playing touch rugby (with kicks). Funny thing is that on the following Monday, one of my workmates told me he was driving along that viaduct when a rugby ball came flying up from the side. :blush:

Stuff seems to fly in both directions. Spare a thought for the patrons of the Birdcage when very large rocks came off the back of a truck on the viaduct and bounced through the public bar.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15100
Location: Auckland, NZ, Earth
Auckman wrote:
The highlight of this thread is Carfer's pictures of Auckland.

Seeing the Blues season is over, we may as well turn this thread into a picture library of Auckland.

Not really.

but I must say this place here (Victoria Park) really really really should be Auckland's future test cricket venue.

Image



Jags by 10.



Western Springs is better for cricket.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Posts: 4175
Location: Stellenbosch
Quote:
Blues: Matt Duffie, Jordan Hyland, Orbyn Leger, Rieko Ioane, Tumua Manu, Stephen Perofeta, Jonathan Ruru; Akira Ioane, Kara Pryor, Dalton Papalii, Josh Goodhue, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Sione Mafileo, James Parsons (capt), Pauliasi Manu. Reserves: Leni Apisai, Ross Wright, Mike Tamoaieta, Ben Nee-Nee, Lyndon Dunshea, Augustine Pulu, Dan Kirkpatrick, Terrence Hepetema


https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/sup ... -defection


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
The Native wrote:
Will this be the first time the Jaguares have an undefeated tour?


Last year they finished the season with a 2-game mini tour of Australia. Victories against Waratahs and Rebels. It's the only undefeated tour record.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3186
Carfer wrote:
The Native wrote:
Will this be the first time the Jaguares have an undefeated tour?


Last year they finished the season with a 2-game mini tour of Australia. Victories against Waratahs and Rebels. It's the only undefeated tour record.

Desde que dejé de mirarlos comenzaron a ganar, me parece que soy la piedra. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
julian wrote:
Carfer wrote:
The Native wrote:
Will this be the first time the Jaguares have an undefeated tour?


Last year they finished the season with a 2-game mini tour of Australia. Victories against Waratahs and Rebels. It's the only undefeated tour record.

Desde que dejé de mirarlos comenzaron a ganar, me parece que soy la piedra. :D


¡ No puedo creer que puedas resistir levantarte a la madrugada y esperar con ansiedad que entre a la cancha tu pollo, Martita ! :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31 pm
Posts: 87
This is shaping up to be a cracker of a game. Who would have thought that before the season started?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Merciless wrote:
This is shaping up to be a cracker of a game. Who would have thought that before the season started?!


Jaguares improved several aspects of their game with the arrival of Mario Ledesma and Nicolas Fernandez Miranda.
The discipline (3 of the 4 yellow cards received are from the first two games and the number of penalties committed has decreased significantly), possession (less offloads and avoiding the 50/50 success situations), set pieces (more solid and reliable), order (game with more structures to consolidate in the face of adversity in the development of the game), fitness (which allows them to reach the 80th minute), etc.
However, there is still much room for correction and improvement.
Blues, like Chiefs, suffered an excessive bleeding of players due to injuries. They need to maximize the use of Jaguares' mistakes if they want to have a relaxed night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3186
Carfer wrote:
julian wrote:
Carfer wrote:
The Native wrote:
Will this be the first time the Jaguares have an undefeated tour?


Last year they finished the season with a 2-game mini tour of Australia. Victories against Waratahs and Rebels. It's the only undefeated tour record.

Desde que dejé de mirarlos comenzaron a ganar, me parece que soy la piedra. :D


¡ No puedo creer que puedas resistir levantarte a la madrugada y esperar con ansiedad que entre a la cancha tu pollo, Martita ! :o

CArtuchomojado tiene información equivocada. :lol:

Auckland really seems to be a very nice city, who says one day. Now air tickets to New Zealand are very cheap in ARgentina. who says?.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
julian wrote:
Carfer wrote:
julian wrote:
Carfer wrote:
The Native wrote:
Will this be the first time the Jaguares have an undefeated tour?


Last year they finished the season with a 2-game mini tour of Australia. Victories against Waratahs and Rebels. It's the only undefeated tour record.

Desde que dejé de mirarlos comenzaron a ganar, me parece que soy la piedra. :D


¡ No puedo creer que puedas resistir levantarte a la madrugada y esperar con ansiedad que entre a la cancha tu pollo, Martita ! :o

CArtuchomojado tiene información equivocada. :lol:

Auckland really seems to be a very nice city, who says one day. Now air tickets to New Zealand are very cheap in ARgentina. who says?.


CartuchoMojado nunca se equivoca !!!
En el peor de los casos, la realidad se resiste a subordinarse a su juicio superior :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11491
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=12040827

Gregor Paul reckons Ian Foster is just the guy to help out Tana next year.

why? because Foster needs to jazz up his CV at SR level if he wants the top job in 2019. FFS.


If Tana isn't getting fired, the Blues need to go and get:

- the best forwards coach they can find; and
- the best defence coach they can find.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11491
True Blue wrote:
Western Springs is better for cricket.


It has the potential to be a massive ground if they extend the stands right around. Probably fit 40,000, maybe even 50,000 there. Get rid of Eden Park and host ODI and T20s there. The only problem is this is the spiritual home of the rally cars. Those people really don't want to leave.

Spoiler: show
Image



EDIT: Just found this news. Phil Goff isn't interested in any test venue for Auckland, let alone Western Springs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Posts: 3231
Auckland boy Harry Plummer is shaping up to be the U20 10. Any good?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:10 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: Sur… paredón y después…
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5679
Auckman wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Western Springs is better for cricket.


It has the potential to be a massive ground if they extend the stands right around. Probably fit 40,000, maybe even 50,000 there. Get rid of Eden Park and host ODI and T20s there. The only problem is this is the spiritual home of the rally cars. Those people really don't want to leave.

Spoiler: show
Image



EDIT: Just found this news. Phil Goff isn't interested in any test venue for Auckland, let alone Western Springs.


There is no where to park.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9911
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Anyone going to this match?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17913
Gonna be fun:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12041231

Quote:
Aucklanders are being warned of more severe weather heading their way with damaging gale-force gusts predicted.

Much of the country is set for grim weather this weekend as persistent rain and strong winds settle in but Auckland is expected to bear the brunt with severe gales on the way.

MetService this morning warned Auckland residents of strong winds and rain due to set in today.

Already this morning gusts had reached 83km/h in the Hauraki Gulf, and MetService meteorologist Peter Little said the winds were slowly picking up.

This morning a gust on a hill at Kaeo, in Northland, had reached 113km/h, and another gust had registered 98km/h in Tutukaka harbour.

Gusts could reach up to 120km/h or higher, Little said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:18 am
Posts: 5955
Location: The Kapiti Coast
Marshall Banana wrote:
Gonna be fun:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12041231

Quote:
Aucklanders are being warned of more severe weather heading their way with damaging gale-force gusts predicted.

Much of the country is set for grim weather this weekend as persistent rain and strong winds settle in but Auckland is expected to bear the brunt with severe gales on the way.

MetService this morning warned Auckland residents of strong winds and rain due to set in today.

Already this morning gusts had reached 83km/h in the Hauraki Gulf, and MetService meteorologist Peter Little said the winds were slowly picking up.

This morning a gust on a hill at Kaeo, in Northland, had reached 113km/h, and another gust had registered 98km/h in Tutukaka harbour.

Gusts could reach up to 120km/h or higher, Little said.

Auckland really do have it the worst when it comes to meteorological phenomena.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5659
Probably lucky to get 2k turning up to watch..weather is terrible


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11491
Auckland's future stadium will need a roof. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2086
Auckman wrote:
The highlight of this thread is Carfer's pictures of Auckland.

Seeing the Blues season is over, we may as well turn this thread into a picture library of Auckland.

Not really.

but I must say this place here (Victoria Park) really really really should be Auckland's future test cricket venue.

Image



Jags by 10.


If you've played any grade cricket in Auckland they fit about 6 matches in that space at one time.
Fielding at square leg for one match and slips for the one next door.
Seriously considered wearing a helmet in the field :)

As for the locale, love it.
All you need is a tram from Britomart along past the viaduct basin, and a kick arse overbridge.
(1 carriage ought to do for the average test cricket crowd) :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12268
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
El bumperino!

Great match thread as per usual Carfer. Shame none of the Blues supporters (including myself) could muster up the energy to make one.

Jags by 7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12268
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
Looking ominous already

Jags on the line


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12268
Location: Spiritual Guardianland
Oh FFS


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assfly, BillW, Bing [Bot], Bokkom, Bowtie, danthefan, diarm, DragonKhan, DuncanF, earl the beaver, Google Adsense [Bot], handyman, Jay Cee Gee, jezzer, koroke hangareka, Lobby, Lorthern Nights, Magpie26, Margin_Walker, Market Square Hero, Newsome, Nieghorn, redderneck, RodneyRegis, slick, St_Badger, Steamin Beamin, tabascoboy, tazman77, Ted., The Sun God, Thomas, Tim13, Turbogoat, unseenwork, usermame, wilber, Womack and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group