Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Currie Cup 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:17 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
handyman wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
They should not allow Springbok players to play CC. They should be rested. Players that worked hard and did well get replaced for the final games because teams get to pick Boks. Simular to teams who have a lot of Boks away and struggle until their Bok players return and suddenly blow away teams that beat them in the earlier matches.

No. We should do what's best for the Boks. Rest players who played a lot and give game time to the players who benched.

It's not rocket science.

Sponsors. And crowds. And money money money.

Cheaper to play a Bok into the ground than make excuses to the sponsors, why he does not play And rent another player in his place.

Broken Bok is Rassie's problem ...

No. Looking at the released players very few run the risk of "being played into the ground" and if you look at just the WP group, they have had very little to no time on the pitch. All 5 should be involved.
Western Province
Wilco Louw
Bongi Mbonambi
Sikhumbuzo Notshe
Damian Willemse
Ruhan Nel

Glad Kolisi, Ginger, Malherbe, Eben, PSDT are being rested.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm 

Agreed.

The only released player that I would have rested is Aphiwe Dyantyi.

All the rest need game time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 pm 

Blake wrote:
Agreed.

The only released player that I would have rested is Aphiwe Dyantyi.

All the rest need game time.

Agreed but wings generally don't suffer from the same "burnout" that the bruisers do. I think there is a difference between 80 at wing and 80 minutes at prop or flank for example. And wasn't he away injured prior to the RC for a little while as well?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:38 pm 

As long as he god forbids doesn't get injured I'm happy if he plays
I'd like to see him against the north

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:40 pm 

Cartman wrote:
As long as he god forbids doesn't get injured I'm happy if he plays
I'd like to see him against the north

Agree. That would be my concern, injury because it's rugby...not concerned about burnout in his case. He's been the find of the season so far for us :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:21 pm 

Jantjies back to dominate at his prefered level.
Quote:
Cape Town - Scrumhalf Nic Groom will lead the Golden Lions for the first time when they take on the Pumas in a Currie Cup game in Nelspruit on Friday night.
The Johannesburg based team are bolstered by the inclusion of two Springboks, Elton Jantjies and Lionel Mapoe.
According to the new captain Groom the two weeks off was good timing for the team and that they are ready to bounce back.
“A lot of this week has been about us and not where we play. You can’t control the referee or the field or the crowd. We are really just inwardly focused,” he commented on playing in Nelspruit.

Kick-off is at 19:00.

Pumas
TBA

Golden Lions
15 Sylvian Mahuza, 14 Wandisile Simelane, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Howard Mnisi, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Nic Groom (captain), 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 James Venter, 6 Hanko de Villiers, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Rhyno Herbst, 3 Jacobie Adriaanse, 2 Corne Fourie, 1 Sti Sithole
Substitutes: 16 Pieter Jansen, 17 Danie Mienie, 18 Chergine Fillies, 19 Driaan Bester, 20 Len Massyn, 21 Dillon Smit, 22 Shaun Reynolds

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:36 pm 

I thought this guy was meant to be the next Joost? Forgot about him until now...

Quote:
Former Junior Springbok and Lions scrumhalf, Marco Jansen van Vuren, has joined the SA Rugby Sevens Academy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:20 pm 

Was there an Italian Stallion rogering around SA rugby moms, around twenty odd years ago. All these "Marco" and "Guiseppe" and such Eyetie names around ..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 pm 

Quote:
CAPE TOWN – Western Province assistant coach Dawie Snyman says the return of their Springbok players for their Currie Cup game against the Blue Bulls won’t be a disruption.
Province will take on the Bulls in their last round-robin game of the season before they head into the semi-finals, and a number of Boks will be available for the Loftus meeting.
Snyman said that the Boks, who aren’t contracted, will be available for Saturday’s game - meaning that the likes of tighthead prop Wilco Louw, hooker Bongi Mbonambi, loose forward Sikhumbuzo Notshe and flyhalf Damian Willemse could all be injected into WP’s weekend line-up.
“One or two of them trained today and some who played on Saturday did not. They will be back tomorrow (today),” Snyman said at the team’s training base in Bellville yesterday.
“A lot of them have been a part of our squad. Wilco played for us against the Pumas and Griquas, Damian played against Griquas and Notshe played a few games. They are guys who are used to what we do and how we play. It is not as if they are coming in from outside and they don’t know what we’re doing.”

With the return of WP’s Boks, it will be interesting to see how head coach John Dobson rolls the dice this weekend.
Snyman also said that it’s going to be important that WP hold onto the momentum they’ve built up thanks to their five-out-of-five match stat and scintillating form they’ve been in.
“There are guys who have been performing well and it’s important to keep that momentum and continuity, so we’ll have to look at that when we select the team,” he said.

One of the selection posers Dobson will face is how, or where, to make use of Willemse. The 20-year-old flyhalf came off the bench and replaced Willie le Roux against the All Blacks at the weekend, and while Bok coach Rassie Erasmus has said that he wants to ease Willemse into Test rugby at fullback, WP’s attack coach said that it doesn’t really matter where he plays, although he believes Willemse’s “best games have come at flyhalf”.
“The Springboks have had a look at him as a fullback. He played fullback for us against Griquas and in last year’s final. But his best games in Super Rugby came at flyhalf. So we will have to see how the week goes,” Snyman said.

“Damian is a special player, so it doesn’t matter if he plays at No 10 or fullback. What is nice about someone who can play (No) 10 and 15, is that he can play as a first receiver and in the wider channels as well. So we can use him in different ways.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:01 pm 

I need some assistance from anyone who's been watching the WP games and can talk some rugby sense to help me understand something. Dan duP getting overlooked for Dan Kriel at 12 all season, what is this about? I really liked what I saw from Dan prior to his injury and thought he'd be our answer for the SR team in the midfield as well and Dan was always just plain crap prior to this CC season. Yet Dobson has preferred Kriel...what am I missing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:21 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
I thought this guy was meant to be the next Joost? Forgot about him until now...

Quote:
Former Junior Springbok and Lions scrumhalf, Marco Jansen van Vuren, has joined the SA Rugby Sevens Academy.

From the lions, so I can only guess what poster talked him up...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 am 

saffer13 wrote:
I need some assistance from anyone who's been watching the WP games and can talk some rugby sense to help me understand something. Dan duP getting overlooked for Dan Kriel at 12 all season, what is this about? I really liked what I saw from Dan prior to his injury and thought he'd be our answer for the SR team in the midfield as well and Dan was always just plain crap prior to this CC season. Yet Dobson has preferred Kriel...what am I missing?

You missing watching WP games. WP scores tries for fun and Dan Kriel is part of the backline. In fact he defended well and form a great partnership with Nel.

Now stop write players off randomly. Dan Dup needs to earn a starting spot. That's a healthy team situation created by Dobson.

Names mean vokol, team first.

Fleck on the udder hand.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 am 

handyman wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

Quote:

From the lions, so I can only guess what poster talked him up...

Actually the media fawned about him a bit and I was interested in his progress seeing that we have very little going on in the scrumhalf department. He has not set the stage on fire but he's big for a 9 and very athletic. Needs to work on his skill levels and I guess sevens is probably the best place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:00 am 

OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

You missing watching WP games. WP scores tries for fun and Dan Kriel is part of the backline. In fact he defended well and form a great partnership with Nel.

Now stop write players off randomly. Dan Dup needs to earn a starting spot. That's a healthy team situation created by Dobson.

Fleck on the udder hand.

What ?

Do you use your right hand for the udder and the left and for the teats ? Or is it the other way round ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:12 am 

Flabbergasted that Cameron Wright hasnt been pulled under Rassie' s wings to develop...that kid has the most educated kick of any scrumhalf I have seen in Soup or Currie cup....the rest of his development can be managed with good coaching.

The way I see it...if you have a problem area you develop personnel to cover that weakness...Van Zyl is useless.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 am 

Sards wrote:
Flabbergasted that Cameron Wright hasnt been pulled under Rassie' s wings to develop...that kid has the most educated kick of any scrumhalf I have seen in Soup or Currie cup....the rest of his development can be managed with good coaching.

The way I see it...if you have a problem area you develop personnel to cover that weakness...Van Zyl is useless.

I think Cameron was at a Bok camp, already. Noted.

And Rassie will trust Robert to do his main development - Robert was one of our best Springbok scrumhalves, ever .....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 am 

The Boks are doing well now with the players from the Sharks limited to the minimum. Let's not sour the team environment again with more Sharks players.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:51 am 

handyman wrote:
The Boks are doing well now with the players from the Sharks limited to the minimum. Let's not sour the team environment again with more Sharks players.

Agree completely...you cannot argue with a 50% win rate...... :thumbup: ...after all its only the Springboks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:00 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Sards wrote:

I think Cameron was at a Bok camp, already. Noted.

And Rassie will trust Robert to do his main development - Robert was one of our best Springbok scrumhalves, ever .....

Let's hope that Senior can develop scrumhalves, cause he has done fvckall to develop Bosch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 am 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:

Agree completely...you cannot argue with a 50% win rate...... :thumbup: ...after all its only the Springboks

A 50% win ratio against the all blacks, yes I'll take that any day of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:15 am 

handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:

like has been mentioned many many times before....One game does not make a summer..

But you know what...I really don't care anymore....If your expectations of a 50% win rate is adequate for the boks...go on lad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 am 

Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:
Sards wrote:
handyman wrote:

like has been mentioned many many times before....One game does not make a summer..

But you know what...I really don't care anymore....If your expectations of a 50% win rate is adequate for the boks...go on lad.

Like I said, 50% vs the all blacks is going great guns. The disrupting influence from the Sharks union, players and admin have been tolerated for way too long. Luckily Rassie is a strong enough character to weed out the bad apples.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:29 am 

Sards wrote:

Herschell Jantjies outplayed him a two weeks ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:16 pm 

OomPB wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

Fleck on the udder hand.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis of the two players.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:

Another WP/Stormer on the rise?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:39 pm 

JLDP is back with the team....... :thumbup:

Our best 7 in the country ready for action and his starting spot at the Boks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 pm 

Sards wrote:

So much quality in this Sharks team. I haven't been following CC enough, are the blowing everyone out the water? Must surely be running away with the tournament, no?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:57 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Sards wrote:

So much quality in this Sharks team. I haven't been following CC enough, are the blowing everyone out the water? Must surely be running away with the tournament, no?

You arent on any of the match threads which implies you dont watch rugby at all so shut your mouth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 pm 

Sards wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Sards wrote:

You arent on any of the match threads which implies you dont watch rugby at all so shut your mouth

You post all the time and it's clear that you watch bugger all rugby boet, posting means nothing. Or if you do in fact watch and this is the commentary we get from you AFTER watching? Well then :lol:

So are they crushing everyone Sards?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm 

Spekman has officially joined the Bulls.....* claps hands *
I suspect he will do better than Senatla and Ruan Nel....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:34 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:

Another WP/Stormer on the rise?

Yep he played 9 with Willemse at school level for WP/PRG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:35 pm 

Sards wrote:

Did you watch CC last year? He played.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:

Did you watch CC last year? He played.

Hold on, Sards is checking his statsapp.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:48 pm 

Sards, boet :lol:

One does not have to put down Sards, he's doing it all by himself :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm 

Quote:
But the choice at halfback seems to be a difficult one, with Papier likely to be benched by the Bulls and Bok Ivan van Zyl set to start against Province.
“It’s a difficult one, both are very good players same as Andre Warner who has done well in the Currie Cup for us. But the guys coming back from the Boks I will give them both an opportunity in the squad and I still have to make a decision on who is going to start. Ivan at this stage is the more experienced guy but we’ll make a call on Thursday morning.”

Ivan :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Quote:
But the choice at halfback seems to be a difficult one, with Papier likely to be benched by the Bulls and Bok Ivan van Zyl set to start against Province.
“It’s a difficult one, both are very good players same as Andre Warner who has done well in the Currie Cup for us. But the guys coming back from the Boks I will give them both an opportunity in the squad and I still have to make a decision on who is going to start. Ivan at this stage is the more experienced guy but we’ll make a call on Thursday morning.”

Ivan :thumbdown:

Dont get the Van Zyl thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 pm 

handyman wrote:
Sards, boet :lol:

One does not have to put down Sards, he's doing it all by himself :lol:

You guys are so needy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 am 

eams:

Griquas

15 AJ Coertzen, 14 Ederies Arendse, 13 Kyle Steyn (captain), 12 Andre Swarts, 11 Enver Brandt, 10 George Whitehead, 9 Zak Burger, 8 Conway Pretorius, 7 Sias Koen, 6 Wendal Wehr, 5 Pieter Jansen van Vuuren, 4 Sintu Manjezi, 3 Ewald van der Westhuizen, 2 Khwezi Mkhafu, 1 Devon Matinus

Substitutes: 16 Liam Hendricks, 17 Nicolaas Oosthuizen, 18 Jonathan Janse van Rensburg, 19 Eital Bredenkamp, 20 Louis Venter, 21 Stephan Janse van Rensburg, 22 Edwin Sass

Sharks

15 Aphelele Fassi, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Jeremy Ward, 12 Robert du Preez, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Louis Schreuder (captain), 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Tyler Paul, 6 Jacques Vermeulen, 5 Hyron Andrews, 4 Gideon Koegelenberg, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Akker van der Merwe, 1 Juan Schoeman

Substitutes: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Thomas du Toit, 18 JJ van der Mescht, 19 Jean-Luc du Preez, 20 Grant Williams, 21 Marius Louw, 22 Kobus van Wyk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:30 am 

Interesting tussle coming up between the two Paarl Gim nr 9s, Louis Schreuder vs Zak Burger, Zak was last year still at the Sharks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 am 

Sharks forwards are going to have to defend the 10 channel all game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 42  Next