Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 1853
It's on CNN! Can't believe Trump was right all along.

Quote:
For World Baking Day, take the Pavlova challenge

Kelly Murray, CNN • Published 16th May 2018

(CNN) — "Use room-temperature eggs."

"Don't pour in the sugar too fast."

"Leave it in the oven to let it cool; cold air could collapse it!"

There's no shortage of tips on how to make the perfect Pavlova, something Christopher Thé, founder of Black Star Pastry in Sydney, calls the most Australian of all desserts.


link with video: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/pavl ... 845PMStory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16797
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39462
Location: in transit
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16797
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.



You know it's not really Australian cause if it was it would be called "Creamy Aussie Meringue Food"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15258
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.

:shock: You're a wrong-un.

Also, I will boycott Black Star from this day forward.

Also, Black Star is so overrated - I think it's because although Aussie thinks they have a 'pie' culture, they don't really. Black Star pies are no better than your average bakery in provincial NZ but the way they're talked about over here you'd think they were greatest ever invented. Even one of my Kiwi mates got sucked in and then started going on about it - at least until his last trip back to NZ (he hadn't had an NZ pie in 5 years). Ok, mini rant over!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18489
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


Collaborator :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 1853
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Exactly.

What was the name of that Kiwi horse Australia tried to claim as it own?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16797
Meringue is weird and gross, I don't really like to eat that much whipped cream & I'm not really a fan of most of the fruit that tends to get put on top.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16797
CanNZ2000 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Exactly.

What was the name of that Kiwi horse Australia tried to claim as it own?


Jacinda?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15258
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Meringue is weird and gross, I don't really like to eat that much whipped cream & I'm not really a fan of most of the fruit that tends to get put on top.

I can agree with you there, outside of strawberries - I love them.

But still, when the revolution comes, you're on the list ....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm
Posts: 1853
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Exactly.

What was the name of that Kiwi horse Australia tried to claim as it own?


Jacinda?


I am referring to a race horse that Australia tried to claim as their own. Can't remember its name right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39462
Location: in transit
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Exactly.

What was the name of that Kiwi horse Australia tried to claim as it own?


Jacinda?

:shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2726
Location: Wellingdingdington
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Exactly.

What was the name of that Kiwi horse Australia tried to claim as it own?


Jacinda?


I am referring to a race horse that Australia tried to claim as their own. Can't remember its name right now.


Phar Lap


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 1034
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.



You know it's not really Australian cause if it was it would be called "Creamy Aussie Meringue Food"



Nah...it would be called "Pavo" or "Pavlo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10865
20 pages. Snow flake accusations. 2 bannings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20101
Location: STRAYA!
Hong Kong wrote:
20 pages. Snow flake accusations. 2 bannings


My body is ready.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 4450
Location: NZ
RuggaBugga wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


Collaborator :thumbdown:

Poor form. The NZ pavlova is delicious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Roodepoort
Hong Kong wrote:
20 pages. Snow flake accusations. 2 bannings


Well aren't you just a little leftie snowflake now, wanting to ban free speech.

Bannings is the PR equivalent of Berkeley.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20101
Location: STRAYA!
JB1981 wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


Collaborator :thumbdown:

Poor form. The NZ pavlova is delicious.


I had a Pavlova in NZ. It was a terrible imitation of the real thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10865
troglodiet wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
20 pages. Snow flake accusations. 2 bannings


Well aren't you just a little leftie snowflake now, wanting to ban free speech.

Bannings is the PR equivalent of Berkeley.

Thooooomaaaasssssss!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9082
Location: Plum
UncleFB wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.

:shock: You're a wrong-un.

Also, I will boycott Black Star from this day forward.

Also, Black Star is so overrated - I think it's because although Aussie thinks they have a 'pie' culture, they don't really. Black Star pies are no better than your average bakery in provincial NZ but the way they're talked about over here you'd think they were greatest ever invented. Even one of my Kiwi mates got sucked in and then started going on about it - at least until his last trip back to NZ (he hadn't had an NZ pie in 5 years). Ok, mini rant over!


You plums are now claiming you’re meat pie spiritual guardians too? :shock:

The meat pies I’ve had in NZ are so bland I don’t even remember eating one. And I would’ve, as I quite like meat pies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20101
Location: STRAYA!
Hong Kong wrote:
troglodiet wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
20 pages. Snow flake accusations. 2 bannings


Well aren't you just a little leftie snowflake now, wanting to ban free speech.

Bannings is the PR equivalent of Berkeley.

Thooooomaaaasssssss!!


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20101
Location: STRAYA!
Bindi wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.

:shock: You're a wrong-un.

Also, I will boycott Black Star from this day forward.

Also, Black Star is so overrated - I think it's because although Aussie thinks they have a 'pie' culture, they don't really. Black Star pies are no better than your average bakery in provincial NZ but the way they're talked about over here you'd think they were greatest ever invented. Even one of my Kiwi mates got sucked in and then started going on about it - at least until his last trip back to NZ (he hadn't had an NZ pie in 5 years). Ok, mini rant over!


You plums are now claiming you’re meat pie spiritual guardians too? :shock:

The meat pies I’ve had in NZ are so bland I don’t even remember eating one. And I would’ve, as I quite like meat pies.


There's a place near me that calls itself a NZ Pie Shop. I've sampled a few pies from there and they are tasty if you like dog food wrapped in poorly made pastry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 4450
Location: NZ
I remember a few years back when I'm sure Australian "meat pies" weren't allowed into NZ because the meat content was too low. It says a lot for ingenuity when your local meat pie can pass itself off in the vegetarian section.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20101
Location: STRAYA!
JB1981 wrote:
I remember a few years back when I'm sure Australian "meat pies" weren't allowed into NZ because the meat content was too low. It says a lot for ingenuity when your local meat pie can pass itself off in the vegetarian section.


A well rounded diet includes good portions of meat and veggies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7988
Location: Vandean Coast
Thomas wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
I remember a few years back when I'm sure Australian "meat pies" weren't allowed into NZ because the meat content was too low. It says a lot for ingenuity when your local meat pie can pass itself off in the vegetarian section.


A well rounded diet includes good portions of meat and veggies.



Meat and 2 veg doesn't have to mean a pie full of cock and balls


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 am
Posts: 1826
NZ Pies turn frogs gay. There. I said it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22590
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Is a kiwi pav just a normal pav with kiwi fruit on top?

Also, its a well known fact that provincial bakeries (and it holds just as true in Oz as anywhere else) do the best meat pies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 4450
Location: NZ
Sensible Stephen wrote:
NZ Pies turn frogs gay. There. I said it.

Where would they go when they die?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14581
Location: XPAT CUNT
I think the most recent evidence points to it being a septic invention. But thats no fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20101
Location: STRAYA!
Farva wrote:
Is a kiwi pav just a normal pav with kiwi fruit on top?

Also, its a well known fact that provincial bakeries (and it holds just as true in Oz as anywhere else) do the best meat pies.


A quiet nod to the Holbrook Bakery.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14375
Location: Best country in the world.
My wife makes a damn fine Pavlova...... my favorite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22590
Location: STRAYA PLUM
The Sun God wrote:
My wife makes a damn fine Pavlova...... my favorite.


Is she Aussie?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33963
CanNZ2000 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.



In Australia, that is classed as conclusive proof.


Exactly.

What was the name of that Kiwi horse Australia tried to claim as it own?


Pav Lap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14510
Location: Coalfalls
Zakar wrote:
I think the most recent evidence points to it being a septic invention. But thats no fun.

So your saying we stole it from the folk who stole it from the seppos?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21772
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Such is life. Nothing is ever as it seems. Fish and chips being British for example.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14521
Pavlova is gorgeous as are the fruits we put on it (Strawberries and Raspberries). Kiwi fruit however is inedible rubbish, about as appetising as their women, so maybe thats what you were referring to


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14510
Location: Coalfalls
Fat Old Git wrote:
Such is life. Nothing is ever as it seems. Fish and chips being British for example.

In the one and only hands-across-the-water bit of niceness I shall display in this fred, lemme just say: Fish and chips deserves to be a Kiwi invention.

Yeah things have changed, but not so long ago F & C was neck and neck with L & P as regards the fave things yer Kiwi fancied from a shop / dairy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 4450
Location: NZ
sewa wrote:
Pavlova is gorgeous as are the fruits we put on it (Strawberries and Raspberries). Kiwi fruit however is inedible rubbish, about as appetising as their women, so maybe thats what you were referring to

There are different types of Kiwifruit. Perhaps you should try the golden variety if the standard green is too much for you to handle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14521
JB1981 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Pavlova is gorgeous as are the fruits we put on it (Strawberries and Raspberries). Kiwi fruit however is inedible rubbish, about as appetising as their women, so maybe thats what you were referring to

There are different types of Kiwifruit. Perhaps you should try the golden variety if the standard green is too much for you to handle.


I could also scratch my arse and sniff my fingers. For the same reasons I will say no


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anagallis_arvensis, Bing [Bot], Boomslang, Dougie, duke, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], happyhooker, Jumper, Laurent, Madness, Mad-Scientist, Man In Black, Market Square Hero, not_english, PornDog, SaintK, Short Man Syndrome, tabascoboy, TheBouncer, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group