Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Posts: 2841
Whatever about where it is invented, the best ones are in NZ. Some of the garbage they serve as pavlova in other parts of the world is just normal meringue and cream.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 3683
Location: NZ
sewa wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Pavlova is gorgeous as are the fruits we put on it (Strawberries and Raspberries). Kiwi fruit however is inedible rubbish, about as appetising as their women, so maybe thats what you were referring to

There are different types of Kiwifruit. Perhaps you should try the golden variety if the standard green is too much for you to handle.


I could also scratch my arse and sniff my fingers. For the same reasons I will say no

Kiwifruit are washed before sale. That's a big difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13880
Location: Coalfalls
JB1981 wrote:
sewa wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Pavlova is gorgeous as are the fruits we put on it (Strawberries and Raspberries). Kiwi fruit however is inedible rubbish, about as appetising as their women, so maybe thats what you were referring to

There are different types of Kiwifruit. Perhaps you should try the golden variety if the standard green is too much for you to handle.


I could also scratch my arse and sniff my fingers. For the same reasons I will say no

Kiwifruit are washed before sale. That's a big difference.

M8 it's nigh on impossible to talk someone into liking something if they've tried it already and have taken a set against it.

As a wise Frenchist once said, choke on a song goat*.





*May be spelled differently. Can't spell for shit, yer Frenchists.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21864
Location: STRAYA PLUM
Fat Old Git wrote:
Such is life. Nothing is ever as it seems. Fish and chips being British for example.


The British lay claim to cutting up some potatoes and serving it with fish. Im almost certain that was done in the America's (where potatoes are from) several thousand years ago.

On the other hand, mixing sugar and egg whites, cooking and then adding cream and strawberries (not kiwifruit) in the hopes of shagging a cute Russian ballerina is quite sophisticated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13880
Location: Coalfalls
Farva wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Such is life. Nothing is ever as it seems. Fish and chips being British for example.


The British lay claim to cutting up some potatoes and serving it with fish. Im almost certain that was done in the America's (where potatoes are from) several thousand years ago.

On the other hand, mixing sugar and egg whites, cooking and then adding cream and strawberries (not kiwifruit) in the hopes of shagging a cute Russian ballerina is quite sophisticated
.

And for that very reason, esp. in re humping a ballerina, the type of thing in which separate but indentical contemporaneous solutions are likely to arise.

For example, consider Newton and Leibniz in re calculus. Also consider there was not the slightest chance of either getting their end away on the strength of some WGAF-other-than-a-deadset-aspy paper. Yet it happened nonetheless.

So moving right along to pavs: when one factors in the ballerina-humping possibilities, one finds an incentive in the form of an engorged and veinous prick for male persons to fashion a chilled confection attractive to slavic snatch on the hoof. So to speak.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7144
Kiwis are grrrreat. Skin and all of this delicious fruit.

Quote:
The kiwifruit skin is completely edible and makes this nutrient-dense fruit even more nutritious! A recent study shows that eating the skin triples the fiber intake compared to merely eating the flesh. And by not peeling the skin, you preserve much of the vitamin C content as well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21114
Zakar wrote:
I think the most recent evidence points to it being a septic invention. But thats no fun.


Albeit one that affords Aussies some face saving security blanket to hide behind, pure unadulterated, fantastical fallacy. :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21114
Oh and, the Irish are going to pull your pants down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12439
Tschussie wrote:
Kiwis are grrrreat. Skin and all of this delicious fruit.

Quote:
The kiwifruit skin is completely edible and makes this nutrient-dense fruit even more nutritious! A recent study shows that eating the skin triples the fiber intake compared to merely eating the flesh. And by not peeling the skin, you preserve much of the vitamin C content as well


You eat the hairy shit on the outside too? Christ on a bike x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 17241
sewa wrote:
Tschussie wrote:
Kiwis are grrrreat. Skin and all of this delicious fruit.

Quote:
The kiwifruit skin is completely edible and makes this nutrient-dense fruit even more nutritious! A recent study shows that eating the skin triples the fiber intake compared to merely eating the flesh. And by not peeling the skin, you preserve much of the vitamin C content as well


You eat the hairy shit on the outside too? Christ on a bike x(

I'm doing that right now :proud:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13680
Location: XPAT CUNT
Ted. wrote:
Zakar wrote:
I think the most recent evidence points to it being a septic invention. But thats no fun.


Albeit one that affords Aussies some face saving security blanket to hide behind, pure unadulterated, fantastical fallacy. :nod:


The researchers who confirmed this were one Aussie and one kiwi. I know you velcro glove types don't really enjoy being faced with facts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18168
Farva wrote:
Is a kiwi pav just a normal pav with kiwi fruit on top?

Also, its a well known fact that provincial bakeries (and it holds just as true in Oz as anywhere else) do the best meat pies.


New world supermarket on Willis Street in Wellington does some of the best pies I've ever tasted. Whoever came up with their recipe should be knighted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Posts: 6179
Location: Stockholm
My gut-hunch is that it probably evolved in both countries. It seems the first record of it being called, "pavlova" is an Australian one, but it was published at a time when a similar thing was popular in New Zealand. So it seems entirely possible that it was "invented" in New Zealand, then adopted and named in Australia.

In any case, I couldn't give a shit who invented some sugary desert cake.

What I do care about is New Zealanders trying to argue that they invented meat pies and works burgers. That shit is entirely unacceptable. What else did you kiwis invent? Koalas, kangaroos and Holden utes? GTFO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30586
Location: Pigdogistan
Pavlova is just a way of ruining a perfectly delicious meringue. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Posts: 2841
Nolanator wrote:
Pavlova is just a way of ruining a perfectly delicious meringue. :thumbdown:

If you think pavlova is the same as meringue you are missing out. Pavlova has a moist, soft, marshmallowey interior,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30586
Location: Pigdogistan
Andalu wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Pavlova is just a way of ruining a perfectly delicious meringue. :thumbdown:

If you think pavlova is the same as meringue you are missing out. Pavlova has a moist, soft, marshmallowey interior,

Boo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20760
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Mog The Almighty wrote:
My gut-hunch is that it probably evolved in both countries. It seems the first record of it being called, "pavlova" is an Australian one, but it was published at a time when a similar thing was popular in New Zealand. So it seems entirely possible that it was "invented" in New Zealand, then adopted and named in Australia.

In any case, I couldn't give a shit who invented some sugary desert cake.

What I do care about is New Zealanders trying to argue that they invented meat pies and works burgers. That shit is entirely unacceptable. What else did you kiwis invent? Koalas, kangaroos and Holden utes? GTFO.


Yes. Yes we did.

(Actually, I think we just claim our pies are better on average than yours given we probably both got the idea from the Brits and they probably nicked it from someone else.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:48 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13680
Location: XPAT CUNT
The idea that either Australia or NZ invented meat covered in pastry is one of the more absurd things I've ever heard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8505
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19287
Location: STRAYA!
Zakar wrote:
The idea that either Australia or NZ invented meat covered in pastry is one of the more absurd things I've ever heard.


We were the first to put pineapple and beetroot on a burger though.

Fkn so full of pride right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13680
Location: XPAT CUNT
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


Yes. Not the prettiest source

https://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/news/pavlova-research-reveals-desserts-shock-origins-20151010-gk5yv9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30850
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


The Great Sandy or the Desert Road?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13680
Location: XPAT CUNT
Thomas wrote:
Zakar wrote:
The idea that either Australia or NZ invented meat covered in pastry is one of the more absurd things I've ever heard.


We were the first to put pineapple and beetroot on a burger though.

Fkn so full of pride right now.


The only thing better than a works burger is the look on Poms faces when you explain the ingredients. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13680
Location: XPAT CUNT
Seneca of the Night wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


The Great Sandy or the Desert Road?


Does NZ have any deserts? Seems to have ever other natural landscape.

Obviously doesn't have any desserts. We won't even give you the peach melba.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15882
Zakar wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


The Great Sandy or the Desert Road?


Does NZ have any deserts? Seems to have ever other natural landscape.

Obviously doesn't have any desserts. We won't even give you the peach melba.


There's the Rangipo Desert on the volcanic plateau, but not the classic sandy deserts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19287
Location: STRAYA!
Zakar wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


The Great Sandy or the Desert Road?


Does NZ have any deserts? Seems to have ever other natural landscape.

Obviously doesn't have any desserts. We won't even give you the peach melba.


Yeah, the Rangipo Desert to the east of Mount Ruapehu. I've driven through it a few times and it's not really a desert. Not enough roadkill or weird serial killers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19287
Location: STRAYA!
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


The Great Sandy or the Desert Road?


Does NZ have any deserts? Seems to have ever other natural landscape.

Obviously doesn't have any desserts. We won't even give you the peach melba.


There's the Rangipo Desert on the volcanic plateau, but not the classic sandy deserts.


I remember when I lived in NZ as a kid and we drove through it and my dad was all "we're going through the desert now..." and I was all "wat?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15882
Thomas wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Truth is neither NZ not Aus invented the desert .

Only the name.


The Great Sandy or the Desert Road?


Does NZ have any deserts? Seems to have ever other natural landscape.

Obviously doesn't have any desserts. We won't even give you the peach melba.


There's the Rangipo Desert on the volcanic plateau, but not the classic sandy deserts.


I remember when I lived in NZ as a kid and we drove through it and my dad was all "we're going through the desert now..." and I was all "wat?"


Yeah, the Desert Road is probably super confusing for tourists.

That said, while it may not have miles and miles of sand it does have 3 ski fields and an artillery range.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 727
RuggaBugga wrote:
Farva wrote:
Is a kiwi pav just a normal pav with kiwi fruit on top?

Also, its a well known fact that provincial bakeries (and it holds just as true in Oz as anywhere else) do the best meat pies.


New world supermarket on Willis Street in Wellington does some of the best pies I've ever tasted. Whoever came up with their recipe should be knighted.

I used to shop there 8) and I love me a pavlova. My Mrs is massively allergic to kiwi fruit, does that mean I have to eat the Aussie version?

My mum does the best pavlova in the world btw


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19287
Location: STRAYA!
Jay Cee Gee wrote:

Yeah, the Desert Road is probably super confusing for tourists.

That said, while it may not have miles and miles of sand it does have 3 ski fields and an artillery range.


We went to the range as part of a school camp to Tongariro and Ngauruhoe. I got to shoot an SLR. It was neat. I liked how there was no safety gear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19287
Location: STRAYA!
Tecumseh wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
Farva wrote:
Is a kiwi pav just a normal pav with kiwi fruit on top?

Also, its a well known fact that provincial bakeries (and it holds just as true in Oz as anywhere else) do the best meat pies.


New world supermarket on Willis Street in Wellington does some of the best pies I've ever tasted. Whoever came up with their recipe should be knighted.

I used to shop there 8) and I love me a pavlova. My Mrs is massively allergic to kiwi fruit, does that mean I have to eat the Aussie version?

My mum does the best pavlova in the world btw


My sister in-law puts finely sliced fresh mango on her's. It's delicious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14277
I see someone mentioned fish and chips or fush and chups - whichever works for you. Like pies, I'm not claiming NZ invented them, we don't have to invent everything, we're usually just better at it (aside from league, our bogans don't play sport so we always struggle there).

The worst thing about Aussie fish and chips, aside from the taste, is the price ... you can feed four people in NZ on the cost of one piece of fish and chips in Oz. The absolute worse fish and chips I've ever had in my life, including the time I had vinegar on my chips without being asked in London, is Doyles in Sydney. Every Sydneysider I know claims Doyles are the best fish and chips around and I've never eaten anything so greasy in my life - I'm feeling sick just thinking about it now!

(Don't take it personally Aussies, I do enjoy living here ...)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34036
Location: Queensland
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


If you're tired of Pavolva you're tired of life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15882
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


If you're tired of Pavolva you're tired of life.


I'm not tired of it, I never liked it. I've never liked meringue in anything so it was up against it from the start and smothering the entire thing in cream takes something that was already sickly sweet and makes it too rich as well.

Meringue is a shit food and I could gladly go for the rest of my life without eating any more of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34036
Location: Queensland
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


If you're tired of Pavolva you're tired of life.


I'm not tired of it, I never liked it. I've never liked meringue in anything so it was up against it from the start and smothering the entire thing in cream takes something that was already sickly sweet and makes it too rich as well.

Meringue is a shit food and I could gladly go for the rest of my life without eating any more of it.


Fair enough. You have shit taste in food, IMHO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15882
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
1 - Pavlova is disgusting and Australia are welcome to it.
2 - That just says that an Australian says it's Australian, not that it conclusively is actually Australian.


If you're tired of Pavolva you're tired of life.


I'm not tired of it, I never liked it. I've never liked meringue in anything so it was up against it from the start and smothering the entire thing in cream takes something that was already sickly sweet and makes it too rich as well.

Meringue is a shit food and I could gladly go for the rest of my life without eating any more of it.


Fair enough. You have shit taste in food, IMHO.


Yeah, I don't like sweetened insulation foam smothered in cream with a side of diabetes. Sucks to be me, I guess - I'll just have to live with not being a fat c*nt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34036
Location: Queensland
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Yeah, I don't like sweetened insulation foam smothered in cream with a side of diabetes. Sucks to be me, I guess - I'll just have to live with not being a fat c*nt.


Pretty defensive and OTT response mate :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9861
Location: Texas
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Yeah, I don't like sweetened insulation foam smothered in cream with a side of diabetes. Sucks to be me, I guess - I'll just have to live with not being a fat c*nt.


Pretty defensive and OTT response mate :thumbdown:

I don’t think anyone ever suggested he is fat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 727
Thomas wrote:
Tecumseh wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
Farva wrote:
Is a kiwi pav just a normal pav with kiwi fruit on top?

Also, its a well known fact that provincial bakeries (and it holds just as true in Oz as anywhere else) do the best meat pies.


New world supermarket on Willis Street in Wellington does some of the best pies I've ever tasted. Whoever came up with their recipe should be knighted.

I used to shop there 8) and I love me a pavlova. My Mrs is massively allergic to kiwi fruit, does that mean I have to eat the Aussie version?

My mum does the best pavlova in the world btw


My sister in-law puts finely sliced fresh mango on her's. It's delicious.

My Mrs is basically allergic to every fruit with a stone in it, so it's strawberries for us. I farkin love mango


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15882
Ali's Choice wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Yeah, I don't like sweetened insulation foam smothered in cream with a side of diabetes. Sucks to be me, I guess - I'll just have to live with not being a fat c*nt.


Pretty defensive and OTT response mate :thumbdown:


Ok, you're not fat.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alliswell, Bert, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Boxcar Ira, camroc1, CarrotGawks, dinsdale, Don Brooks, DragsterDriver, EverReady, genghis khan, Google Adsense [Bot], kerrandy, Leinster in London, Nolanator, Olo, pandion, Plastic Sarrie, Plato'sCave, PornDog, Risteard, Santa, Still Playing, umbrella, unseenwork, WoodlandsRFC, Zakar, ZappaMan, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group