Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 185  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 11537
Wendigo7 wrote:
I'm interested in how we go tomorrow.

Most people accept we're playing the best african side, so any win, 1-0 will do. Draws not the worst result but I'd rather a win 1-0. Anything more would be a brucey bonus.

England should be murdering Tunisia
No excuses


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10308
Winnie wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
I'm interested in how we go tomorrow.

Most people accept we're playing the best african side, so any win, 1-0 will do. Draws not the worst result but I'd rather a win 1-0. Anything more would be a brucey bonus.

England should be murdering Tunisia
No excuses

They're a good outfit mate.

Had Spain under very severe pressure in their last friendly before the world cup. Held a full strength Portugal to a draw, beat Turkey in Turkey.

England shouldn't be expecting anything. A win will do. A good performance a bonus considering I've seen Spain and Peru play very well and not get maximum points, or any in the case of Peru.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 7180
Has there been any crowd trouble yet?
I would have thought the Russians would have been looking forward to battering English, Serbian and Polish fans.
The rest of the fans know how to behave themselves and have the craig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10828
Location: Yemen
i see patrice evra's been acting like a plum again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/vi ... luko-video


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30122
Ah geezus

The scenes if England win the #WorldCup...

#ENGTUN
Monday
1815 BST
@BBCOne
#bbcworldcup https://t.co/atLrwedINo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 13966
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Ah geezus

The scenes if England win the #WorldCup...

#ENGTUN
Monday
1815 BST
@BBCOne
#bbcworldcup https://t.co/atLrwedINo

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16973
Tunisia seems like the ideal England world cup opponent, in the sense that "ideal" = able to facilitate our usual shocking tournament performance.

Well organised, good team but not a "big" team meaning that England are supposed to win.

I'm picturing a 0-0, with Harry Kane blazing about 50 shots over the bar.

It also means England are in pretty serious danger of going home if we lose to Belgium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 30091
Location: Planet Rock
SamShark wrote:
Tunisia seems like the ideal England world cup opponent, in the sense that "ideal" = able to facilitate our usual shocking tournament performance.

Well organised, good team but not a "big" team meaning that England are supposed to win.

I'm picturing a 0-0, with Harry Kane blazing about 50 shots over the bar.

It also means England are in pretty serious danger of going home if we lose to Belgium.

No doubt. you will blame Brexit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:54 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18664
Anonymous. wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Tunisia seems like the ideal England world cup opponent, in the sense that "ideal" = able to facilitate our usual shocking tournament performance.

Well organised, good team but not a "big" team meaning that England are supposed to win.

I'm picturing a 0-0, with Harry Kane blazing about 50 shots over the bar.

It also means England are in pretty serious danger of going home if we lose to Belgium.

No doubt. you will blame Brexit


"It wos Farage wot lost it"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:26 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16973
I suppose my analysis of England's fortunes is very much more Guardian than Express.

As with Brexit, I don't really see patriotism and history as a likely predictor of future success.

Also I hear our excuse will be too many flies/midges infesting the area.

Anyone know when England's team is named?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2503
Been a round for the underdogs this first round, with Mexico beating Germany, the Swiss drawing with Brazil, and Iceland drawing with the mighty Argentina.

Given this trend, England might be able to sneak a draw.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 18923
These Swedes are filthy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15070
Diego wrote:
These Swedes are filthy


Not the first filthy swedes thing on the Internet I’ve seen tbf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10828
Location: Yemen
that's a lot of misses


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1342
The Swedish player taking the Korean chap down and then goes down holding his own head :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1342
American commentators :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1817
englishchief wrote:
Been a round for the underdogs this first round, with Mexico beating Germany, the Swiss drawing with Brazil, and Iceland drawing with the mighty Argentina.

Given this trend, England might be able to sneak a draw.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29724
Location: Pigdogistan
backrow wrote:
Diego wrote:
These Swedes are filthy


Not the first filthy swedes thing on the Internet I’ve seen tbf

You forgot to start that with "Won't lie...".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29724
Location: Pigdogistan
The Korean guy was fairly flapping about on the deck, but that actually did look quite sore, for once.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1342
Nolanator wrote:
The Korean guy was fairly flapping about on the deck, but that actually did look quite sore, for once.


29 fouls


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29724
Location: Pigdogistan
Denirostaxidriver wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
The Korean guy was fairly flapping about on the deck, but that actually did look quite sore, for once.


29 fouls


Eh, I'm half watching on one of my PC screens, no sound. 29 fouls in this game alone?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1342
Nolanator wrote:
Denirostaxidriver wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
The Korean guy was fairly flapping about on the deck, but that actually did look quite sore, for once.


29 fouls


Eh, I'm half watching on one of my PC screens, no sound. 29 fouls in this game alone?


Yes. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 18923
Nolanator wrote:
Denirostaxidriver wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
The Korean guy was fairly flapping about on the deck, but that actually did look quite sore, for once.


29 fouls


Eh, I'm half watching on one of my PC screens, no sound. 29 fouls in this game alone?

Yeah it's a kickathon. Ireland would have loved it :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 18923
Holy shit that was disgraceful from Sweden #8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29724
Location: Pigdogistan
:lol:

Since typing that there have been a few tasty fouls from each team. This is great fun.

The slow-mo facial expression as they go down are just priceless, whether it's a genuine foul or not. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13372
TMO finally gets one right.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15070
Nolanator wrote:
backrow wrote:
Diego wrote:
These Swedes are filthy


Not the first filthy swedes thing on the Internet I’ve seen tbf

You forgot to start that with "Won't lie...".


I’ve trimmed the algorithm that does 95% of my exact same posts and same lame ass jokes and insults

Eventually it will end up just being “your birds ming, you ain’t funny, fhhd, bangers, 8===> - - -“


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 3142
World cups without Italy and Holland are so crap. Teams like Switzerland, Denmark and Poland are boring


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7505
Location: hovering over the red button
Clive Simms wrote:
World cups without Italy and Holland are so crap. Teams like Switzerland, Denmark and Poland are boring


Have you watched Holland in the last 20 years?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29724
Location: Pigdogistan
blindcider wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
World cups without Italy and Holland are so crap. Teams like Switzerland, Denmark and Poland are boring


Have you watched Holland in the last 20 years?


TBF, the Netherlands in the final in 2010 was a showcase of kicking talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 3142
Don't care. It's all about the history and the fans. Teams like Switzerland are so boring and there's nothing about them. You get me bro?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:25 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18664
What a miserable-looking, sour lot these Belgians are


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 18923
Screamer!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4641
Location: Somewhere beyond the sea...
New guy wrote:
A lot of the pre-tournament favourites have been less than convincing so far.

France, Brazil, Germany, Argentina haven't looked like world champions at all. This tournaments wide open.


The bigger teams prepared to be physically on top for the end of the comp while other teams are in top shape right now. I'm not surprised by the Iceland and Switzerland performances at all, they've shown their worth on the European scene quite a bit now. Similarly, Australia did an excellent job at signing a top coach who did them an awful lot of good. I'm more surprised by Mexico's performance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 13966
Mertens first goal scorer. If I had known there was a guy called Mertens in there I would've chucked in an omen bet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2988
Mick Mannock wrote:
What a miserable-looking, sour lot these Belgians are


They've got the worst looking women in Europe. They're currently seeing Russian women every day. Suddenly winning the World Cup and returning home isn't such a life-affirming goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 47104
Winnie wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
I'm interested in how we go tomorrow.

Most people accept we're playing the best african side, so any win, 1-0 will do. Draws not the worst result but I'd rather a win 1-0. Anything more would be a brucey bonus.

England should be murdering Tunisia
No excuses



One place differant in world rankings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30122
CrazyIslander wrote:
Mertens first goal scorer. If I had known there was a guy called Mertens in there I would've chucked in an omen bet.


The Panamanians are pricks to lose to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10308
Here we go then. :D

Just want them to enjoy themselves and play well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:34 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16973
Shitting myself now.

Although rugby means more to me than football, the nerves always set in for tournament football.

Oh to over-achieve, and surprise people, for once.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 185  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bimboman, Bing [Bot], Boobs not Moobs, camroc1, Cullen, earl the beaver, easyray, Edinburgh01, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], jambanja, Jay Cee Gee, Keith, LandOTurk, Madness, Mick Mannock, mojo, Moncreif, SamShark, sockwithaticket, Theflier, Tom_, UncleFB, unseenwork, Xin, Zakar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group