Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Match Stormers v Lions @ DHL Newlands, Cape Town
Date Saturday 26 May
Kick-off 17:15 local
Referee Nick Briant
AR1 Quinton Immelman
AR2 Cwengile Jadezweni
TMO Christie du Preez

Betting:
Stormers 2.88
Lions 1.54
Handicap: Lions -6

Weather:
Temp: 18°C
Rain: 5%
Humidity: 82%
Wind: 14 kmh WNW

The Prince of Flyhalves
Image

vs

The Unbreakable Jantjies
Image

Lions looking to extend their unbeaten run against Saffer sides to 21


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15116
:thumbup:

Lazy fvcking Stomps supporters. x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
I have ask you lot many times to give me a manual how to create and post pictures. But you are to vokken wise to help me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
Stormers must make sure the Lions keep their gap at the top of the log. Lions by 50 and 5 log points bagged.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2325
OomPB wrote:
I have ask you lot many times to give me a manual how to create and post pictures. But you are to vokken wise to help me.


Find the image you want to post on google, right click on it and select 'copy image address'.

Then go to planet rugby 'post new reply', and just above the box where you write there is a button that says 'Img'. Click this, you get something like . Paste the link you just copied from google images in to the gap between the 2 boxes, and voila.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1305
OomPB wrote:
Stormers must make sure the Lions keep their gap at the top of the log. Lions by 50 and 5 log points bagged.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
englishchief wrote:
OomPB wrote:
I have ask you lot many times to give me a manual how to create and post pictures. But you are to vokken wise to help me.


Find the image you want to post on google, right click on it and select 'copy image address'.

Then go to planet rugby 'post new reply', and just above the box where you write there is a button that says 'Img'. Click this, you get something like . Paste the link you just copied from google images in to the gap between the 2 boxes, and voila.

Thanks and if I want to create my own? Used photobucket in the past but now they want to charge subscriptions and kak.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15116
OomPB wrote:
englishchief wrote:
OomPB wrote:
I have ask you lot many times to give me a manual how to create and post pictures. But you are to vokken wise to help me.


Find the image you want to post on google, right click on it and select 'copy image address'.

Then go to planet rugby 'post new reply', and just above the box where you write there is a button that says 'Img'. Click this, you get something like . Paste the link you just copied from google images in to the gap between the 2 boxes, and voila.

Thanks and if I want to create my own? Used photobucket in the past but now they want to charge subscriptions and kak.

Use tinypic Oom.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
englishchief wrote:
OomPB wrote:
I have ask you lot many times to give me a manual how to create and post pictures. But you are to vokken wise to help me.


Find the image you want to post on google, right click on it and select 'copy image address'.

Then go to planet rugby 'post new reply', and just above the box where you write there is a button that says 'Img'. Click this, you get something like . Paste the link you just copied from google images in to the gap between the 2 boxes, and voila.

Thanks and if I want to create my own? Used photobucket in the past but now they want to charge subscriptions and kak.

Use tinypic Oom.

link?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15116
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
englishchief wrote:
OomPB wrote:
I have ask you lot many times to give me a manual how to create and post pictures. But you are to vokken wise to help me.


Find the image you want to post on google, right click on it and select 'copy image address'.

Then go to planet rugby 'post new reply', and just above the box where you write there is a button that says 'Img'. Click this, you get something like . Paste the link you just copied from google images in to the gap between the 2 boxes, and voila.

Thanks and if I want to create my own? Used photobucket in the past but now they want to charge subscriptions and kak.

Use tinypic Oom.

link?

http://tinypic.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
Chilli wrote:
http://tinypic.com/

block by our firewall. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2325
Can do lots of cool things with images:

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
englishchief wrote:
Can do lots of cool things with images:

Spoiler: show
Image

Nic Mallets daughter?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Quote:
WP Rugby president Thelo Wakefield admits he is concerned by the Stormers’ form in this year’s Super Rugby tournament.

...

Wakefield told Netwerk24 that the team’s performances will be discussed at a WP Rugby board meeting at the end of the month - and after the tournament concludes in August.

“The whole campaign will come up for discussion after the (Super Rugby) competition. We will look at what worked and what didn’t and where a clean-up is needed and where not. It will definitely (also) be discussed at the board meeting at the end of the month,” Wakefield said.

The WP boss added that a thorough investigation was needed.

“The Stormers’ house is burning down. We have to strengthen it and rebuild," he said.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/stormers-house-is-burning-down-wakefield-admits-20180522


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3781
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
http://tinypic.com/

block by our firewall. :(

Spell it correctly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1305
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
WP Rugby president Thelo Wakefield admits he is concerned by the Stormers’ form in this year’s Super Rugby tournament.

...

Wakefield told Netwerk24 that the team’s performances will be discussed at a WP Rugby board meeting at the end of the month - and after the tournament concludes in August.

“The whole campaign will come up for discussion after the (Super Rugby) competition. We will look at what worked and what didn’t and where a clean-up is needed and where not. It will definitely (also) be discussed at the board meeting at the end of the month,” Wakefield said.

The WP boss added that a thorough investigation was needed.

“The Stormers’ house is burning down. We have to strengthen it and rebuild," he said.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/stormers-house-is-burning-down-wakefield-admits-20180522

If only he would include himself and the board in that clean-up discussion......................


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29585
beachboy wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
WP Rugby president Thelo Wakefield admits he is concerned by the Stormers’ form in this year’s Super Rugby tournament.

...

Wakefield told Netwerk24 that the team’s performances will be discussed at a WP Rugby board meeting at the end of the month - and after the tournament concludes in August.

“The whole campaign will come up for discussion after the (Super Rugby) competition. We will look at what worked and what didn’t and where a clean-up is needed and where not. It will definitely (also) be discussed at the board meeting at the end of the month,” Wakefield said.

The WP boss added that a thorough investigation was needed.

“The Stormers’ house is burning down. We have to strengthen it and rebuild," he said.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/stormers-house-is-burning-down-wakefield-admits-20180522

If only he would include himself and the board in that clean-up discussion......................

Agreed. Twats. :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29585
Is this the worst Stormers season in recent history?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
saffer13 wrote:
Is this the worst Stormers season in recent history?

No
2004 Won 3
2005 Won 4

Apart from 1997 when they didn't make it into SR


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29585
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Is this the worst Stormers season in recent history?

No
2004 Won 3
2005 Won 4

Apart from 1997 when they didn't make it into SR

So yes for recent memory then. Worst SR in the last 13 years then :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30014
Location: Chickenrunning...
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Sandstorm wrote:
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.


You started the season with only one 10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30014
Location: Chickenrunning...
Jensrsa wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.


You started the season with only one 10

Yup, then he got stolen by the U20s :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Sandstorm wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.


You started the season with only one 10

Yup, then he got stolen by the U20s :x


Maybe his only chance to get Bok colours :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29585
Sandstorm wrote:
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.

Not interested in this nonsense. Every year we're blaming injuries. Fleck must go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30014
Location: Chickenrunning...
saffer13 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.

Not interested in this nonsense. Every year we're blaming injuries. Fleck must go.

Not arguing with that. However when your lineout is broken and half your 10s can’t run a back line then 10th place is to be expected


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Seems Senatla went back to 7s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29585
Sandstorm wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Tough injures this season at 2 and 10, plus no Etsebeth.

Not interested in this nonsense. Every year we're blaming injuries. Fleck must go.

Not arguing with that. However when your lineout is broken and half your 10s can’t run a back line then 10th place is to be expected

10th? I'll be surprised if we end that high. Lions/Argies/Sharks - could well be 3 losses there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29585
Jensrsa wrote:
Seems Senatla went back to 7s

Good. The 7s team needs him. Same as last year, as soon as he left they struggled to hold onto their lead. Let's see if we can snatch the series now.

Quote:
CAPE TOWN – Stormers wing Seabelo Senatla is back with the Blitzboks!

With the SA Super Rugby sides taking a break after this weekend's action, Senatla will be free to bolster the South African side for the last two World Sevens Series tournaments in London and Paris next month.

SA Rugby announced on their Instagram page on Tuesday afternoon that Senatla had returned to the Blitzboks’ Stellenbosch headquarters.

That is likely to mean that he will miss the Stormers clash against the Lions at Newlands on Saturday.

It is a welcome boost for coach Neil Powell, who has lost a number of stalwarts through injury and Super Rugby participation this season.

Apart from Senatla, who played in the opening four tournaments, Kwagga Smith has been at the Lions, Tim Agaba at the Bulls (before he was ruled out with a bicep injury for the rest of the season) and Kyle Brown (knee) is also out for the final two events.

Branco du Preez, Ruhan Nel, Justin Geduld and Philip Snyman are also all back from either injury or a rest period.

The Blitzboks are just four points behind Fiji on the World Series log on 141 points, so they will go all out to clinch the overall title after missing out on a medal at the Commonwealth Games in April.

South Africa will face Samoa, Canada and Russia in Pool D at the London Sevens on June 2-3 at Twickenham.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Conflicting reports regarding WW's situation from different sites, some saying he's definitely out while the Afrikaans Netwerk24 says he might still play

Translated:
Quote:
Warren Whiteley can make his long-awaited return to the rugby field on Saturday at Newlands in Cape Town for the Lions against the Stormers.

This eighth man and captain of the Lions practiced on Tuesday with his team-mates at the Johannesburg Stadium and a final decision on his availability to join the team going to Cape Town will be taken on Thursday. After the practice, Whiteley spent time on the physiotherapist's table.

Wednesday's the Lions' off day and Thursday will be determined how he reacts during the next exercise.

At this stage, things look very positive that he may again lead his team on Saturday the first time since the fourth week of the Super Series against the Blues at Ellis Park on March 10.

https://www.netwerk24.com/Sport/Rugby/Super-Rugby/donderdag-is-d-dag-vir-whiteley-20180522


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34627
Location: Innie Kaap
I was led to believe that there is a player in the side that is so versatile he can play any position in the backline....and at one point was touted as a bok flyhalf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Sards wrote:
I was led to believe that there is a player in the side that is so versatile he can play any position in the backline....and at one point was touted as a bok flyhalf

I'm not aware that coetzee was ever touted as a Bok flyhalf :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34627
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
Sards wrote:
I was led to believe that there is a player in the side that is so versatile he can play any position in the backline....and at one point was touted as a bok flyhalf

I'm not aware that coetzee was ever touted as a Bok flyhalf :)


Stormers lad........

One Dillan Leyds fellah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17567
Sards wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
Sards wrote:
I was led to believe that there is a player in the side that is so versatile he can play any position in the backline....and at one point was touted as a bok flyhalf

I'm not aware that coetzee was ever touted as a Bok flyhalf :)


Stormers lad........

One Dillan Leyds fellah


Ah! Got it :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10607
With this season a bit of a car crash, I'd say we can experiment a bit. Give some of the youngsters a go, players on the fringe. A lot of dead wood to cut, rather invest in a few youngsters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24620
Location: Stellenbosch
handyman wrote:
With this season a bit of a car crash, I'd say we can experiment a bit. Give some of the youngsters a go, players on the fringe. A lot of dead wood to cut, rather invest in a few youngsters.

There is another competition on at the moment for that. Our problem is our gameplan. We played a much better gameplan last year in the CC under Dobson. We need to replace Fleck with Dobson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10607
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
With this season a bit of a car crash, I'd say we can experiment a bit. Give some of the youngsters a go, players on the fringe. A lot of dead wood to cut, rather invest in a few youngsters.

There is another competition on at the moment for that. Our problem is our gameplan. We played a much better gameplan last year in the CC under Dobson. We need to replace Fleck with Dobson.

I know, but rather give the youngsters a go on the big stage. Agree re Fleck, he needs to go and we need to tie Dobson down before he goes overseas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15116
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
With this season a bit of a car crash, I'd say we can experiment a bit. Give some of the youngsters a go, players on the fringe. A lot of dead wood to cut, rather invest in a few youngsters.

There is another competition on at the moment for that. Our problem is our gameplan. We played a much better gameplan last year in the CC under Dobson. We need to replace Fleck with Dobson.

I know, but rather give the youngsters a go on the big stage. Agree re Fleck, he needs to go and we need to tie Dobson down before he goes overseas.

Tie him down? :shock:
Why not just offer him the position?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34627
Location: Innie Kaap
See Senatla has decided to go back to sevens.... :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBB, Bindi, Bing [Bot], Canadian_Rugger, DiscoHips D'Arcy, Farva, Google Adsense [Bot], guy smiley, mrbrownstone, RichieRich89, Taranaki Snapper, Trey and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group