Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:14 am 

Today at 1pm

Has been linked with the England defence job and the vacant Head Coach spot at Wigan - could be nothing but equally scheduling a press conference suggests otherwise

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:17 am 

If there was one job that could bring him back to League it would be the Wigan job, but I can't see him doing it. The money, opportunities and exposure wouldn't be enough to being him over I don't think.

It would be interesting to see him in the England set up - I can't imagine him and Eddie would be a match.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am 

A quick glance of the rumours on the Twattersphere suggest it's a high possibility he might take the Wigan job

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am 

Be interesting to see what happens. Roll on 1pm!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am 

Been a while since he last used a press conference to say how amazing he is tbf

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am 

He’s been linked to Harlequins too has he not?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:07 am 

cubby boi wrote:

Unlikely to go there since they've announced Paul Gustard as their head of rugby.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:12 am 

Leaving Wales for England this close to the RWC would be some kind of drama, wouldn't it!?

(No way that'll happen ... )

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am 

cubby boi wrote:

Him and Gustard were interviewed, Gustard got the job

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:40 am 

I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but I always wondered how Edwards felt, and subsequently carried on working with Gatland, after he was essentially snubbed for two Lions tours. Gatland took Howley with him on both occasions, yet left Edwards twiddling his thumbs, so surely had nothing to do with being over familiar with his current coaching setup and wanting a fresh approach.

It would have pissed me off in a similar position...but there's likely more to the story.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:48 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
I don't know if it has anything to do with this, but I always wondered how Edwards felt, and subsequently carried on working with Gatland, after he was essentially snubbed for two Lions tours. Gatland took Howley with him on both occasions, yet left Edwards twiddling his thumbs, so surely had nothing to do with being over familiar with his current coaching setup and wanting a fresh approach.

It would have pissed me off in a similar position...but there's likely more to the story.

I am sure I read he was furious after the 2013 snub. I always assumed there was an element of politics, Gatland couldn't take an all Welsh coaching team. He didn't leave but I always felt he was quieter in public since then. I'll be shocked if he goes to England right now though.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:

If he leaves it will be on excellent terms I'm sure.

'Well that's it Warren I'm off'. And holds out his right hand. Gatland extends his hand too.

Edwards punches the cúnt out of him with the left.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm 

... aaaand it's a nothing story. Howley insists Edwards is fully committed, no change in coaching setup

Wigan to keep on looking then

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm 

openclashXX wrote:
... aaaand it's a nothing story. Howley insists Edwards is fully committed, no change in coaching setup

A press conference to report that nothings happening. Novel.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 pm 

Raggs wrote:
openclashXX wrote:

Does anyone actually believe what they are telling us? Several options for the subtext, e.g. Edwards: "I've had a better offer, I'm off" as a prelude to more negotiation

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 pm 

Fenman wrote:
Raggs wrote:
openclashXX wrote:

Does anyone actually believe what they are telling us? Several options for the subtext, e.g. Edwards: "I've had a better offer, I'm off" as a prelude to more negotiation

More like 'I haven't been able to get a gig despite touting myself around a fair bit' so I'll have to stick with Wales.