Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 153  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
I am going to LOVE it when we beat Australia LOVE IT. The lack of humility with their slacker king towny at the head has been wince inducing. Thankfully we have soared above it all.

We're like the Bette Midler of posting groups.

That's beautiful, man. Teary eye stuff.

I'll let you have sunlight on your face Guy

That'd make a welcome change. He's used to receiving warm, spitting rain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:22 am 

CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
We can all agree that Cranberry is shit.

But it's good for urinary tract infections.

Apparently a myth, I was reading the other day. :(

That's actually a relief... getting the little buggers in there was more than a challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:25 am 

guy smiley wrote:
CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
We can all agree that Cranberry is shit.

But it's good for urinary tract infections.

Apparently a myth, I was reading the other day. :(

That's actually a relief... getting the little buggers in there was more than a challenge.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 am 

Great to see another Wallaby from yesteryear heading across to Europe to earn a few shekels and experience a different lifestyle in the twilight of his career. Although he doesn't quite have the zip in the SH game, I'm sure he'll do well for Leinster in their version of the sport.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro14/leinster-confirm-signing-of-former-wallaby-joe-tomane-1.3527753

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am 

He has been in Europe for a while. Your finger is never quite hitting hitting the spot towny. I'd say your ma is constantly disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am 

EverReady wrote:
He has been in Europe for a while. Your finger is never quite hitting hitting the spot towny. I'd say your ma is constantly disappointed.

Apologies. I figured he had been playing park rugby in Sydney. It's hard to keep track of players once they're not considered good enough for Super Rugby contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am 

towny wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Apologies. I figured he had been playing park rugby in Sydney. It's hard to keep track of players once they're not considered good enough for Super Rugby contracts.

Between you and me the lad looks like a spoofer but we like to have a bit of exotic curly hair for the merchandising

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:55 pm 

Quote:
“We know we can fix the small things and when we fix them we can get to the level we were at in the Six Nations.”

- CJ Stander

Bad attitude, saffer. You were at the level you were at in the Six Nations. It wasn't good enough.

Ireland have to either step up a new level or hope that The Wallaby's performance was a flash in the pan (and it easily could have been, knock-on-wood). But the way the Wallabies played on the weekend, I've every confidence they would have beaten any team in the six nations.

If this is the thinking in the Irish camp, "we need to get to the level we were at in the 6N", then I reckon they're in for another rude shock.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:00 pm 

It’s the first time that Ireland have played a near full-strength Australian side since 1991. They lost then too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:02 pm 

I think once we get Ringrose, Leavy, Furlong and Sexton back in to the starting line up, we'll be closer to where we were during the 6 Nations. Wont weaken us anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:09 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
I think once we get Ringrose, Leavy, Furlong and Sexton back in to the starting line up, we'll be closer to where we were during the 6 Nations. Wont weaken us anyway.

I think Sexton is the big one. Although he didn't make a bee's dick of difference when he came on last weekend. I think having him starting will be different.

The rest I don't think are going to make a big difference. The Irish scrum seemed to go from "under pressure" to "stuffed" when Furlong came on, so he needs to sort that out. I can't see Leavy stopping Pocock any more than your entire pack combined could last week, and an outside center is going to make sweet FA difference if nothing else changes.

That all said, I do expect the Sexton selection to make a difference, I expect the entire Irish team to take it up a notch, I don't expect Furlong to be pushed around in the scrum again. I think it's coin-toss, but if someone was holding a gun to my head, I'd have to back Ireland to even the series. That said, I picked Ireland for the first game and was very wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:10 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Quote:
“We know we can fix the small things and when we fix them we can get to the level we were at in the Six Nations.”

- CJ Stander

Bad attitude, saffer. You were at the level you were at in the Six Nations. It wasn't good enough.

Ireland have to either step up a new level or hope that The Wallaby's performance was a flash in the pan (and it easily could have been, knock-on-wood). But the way the Wallabies played on the weekend, I've every confidence they would have beaten any team in the six nations.

If this is the thinking in the Irish camp, "we need to get to the level we were at in the 6N", then I reckon they're in for another rude shock.

Piss poor effort by you Mog. 2/10 WNB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 pm 

It's just a fact.

Speaking truth and fact takes no "effort". Only lies and misdirection takes effort.

Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:12 pm 

towny wrote:
It’s the first time that Ireland have played a near full-strength Australian side since 1991. They lost then too.

It's the first time since 2013 that the Aussies have faced a weakened Irish side. We rotated then too and lost. You're crap at this game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
The Irish scrum seemed to go from "under pressure" to "stuffed" when Furlong came on, so he needs to sort that out.

*sigh*

Go read Towny's thread from the weekend. Furlong was stuffed in one scrum when the entire Aussie pack directed their drive through the Cronin and Furlong, with Furlong not dealing with it.
He was in four other scrums. In one of those he took a single step back, in the other three he didn't budge.
The big scrum penalty was his fourth scrum of the game.

"stuffed" as soon as he came on? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
It's just a fact.

Speaking truth and fact takes no "effort". Only lies and misdirection takes effort.

But you basically admitted the truth in your next post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:16 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:

I think Sexton is the big one. Although he didn't make a bee's dick of difference when he came on last weekend. I think having him starting will be different.

The rest I don't think are going to make a big difference. The Irish scrum seemed to go from "under pressure" to "stuffed" when Furlong came on, so he needs to sort that out. I can't see Leavy stopping Pocock any more than your entire pack combined could last week, and an outside center is going to make sweet FA difference if nothing else changes.

That all said, I do expect the Sexton selection to make a difference, I expect the entire Irish team to take it up a notch, I don't expect Furlong to be pushed around in the scrum again. I think it's coin-toss, but if someone was holding a gun to my head, I'd have to back Ireland to even the series. That said, I picked Ireland for the first game and was very wrong.

Ah they'll all make a big difference. Or at least should on paper. Granted Sexton was a bit shit when he came on.

I still expect Aus to win the backrow battle but Leavy will do a lot better than Murphy did. Probably our player of the season.

But Ringrose is the big one. Just gives us a different dimension in the backs. Aki / Henshaw was too one dimensional.

As I said, they wont weaken us anyway

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
The Irish scrum seemed to go from "under pressure" to "stuffed" when Furlong came on, so he needs to sort that out.

*sigh*

Go read Towny's thread from the weekend. Furlong was stuffed in one scrum when the entire Aussie pack directed their drive through the Cronin and Furlong, with Furlong not dealing with it.
He was in four other scrums. In one of those he took a single step back, in the other three he didn't budge.
The big scrum penalty was his fourth scrum of the game.

"stuffed" as soon as he came on? :roll:

Well, "stuffed" relatively. True, it only really got destroyed once. However, all together, it seemed to be under more pressure after he came on than it was before. If you wanted to be totally one-eyed-optimistic, then at very best he made zero difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:21 pm 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:

WTF is an 'outside centre'?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 pm 

Furlong doesnt seem to be at his best, but even with my red specs on, he's going to bring more to the table than Ryan. Whether it's enough or not we'll see on Saturday

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:26 pm 

guy smiley wrote:

He's the bloke who gets the ball when the out-half does a cut out pass.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:

In crim tongue its a centre threequarter eighth five fifth squared....or something

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:33 pm 

Furlong was definitely rock solid on the oz put-ins. Didn’t move an inch. I guess that’s something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:

In crim tongue its a centre threequarter eighth five fifth squared....or something

I suspect the Australians may be foxing. :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Seems mathematical ... scientific, even ... :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:37 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:

Are you serious? How long have you lived in Aus ? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm 

Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

You guys like to talk about inside centres. I can deal with that.

There is no outside centre. That's the f**king wing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:46 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

There are two centres, the inside centre and the outside centre.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

What did you think the inside was in reference too?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:49 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

The saffers beg to differ ...

12. binnesenter: inside centre
13. buitesenter: outside centre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:

He is not the 2nd 5/8th x(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm 

Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Listen...

when you cnuts are losing it's everyone else's fault. The ref, the AR, the NZR, the Kiwis in Soup Rugby, the ALP, the f**king CIA sacking Gough, the underarms and football clubs fercryinoutloud...

now, you've had one win and you're strutting about with your little pidgeon chests thrust out like so many cnuts on a breadcrumb trying to tell everyone esle you can rename the positions on the field.

F**k right off. There's centre and...

here, have a fat crack at...

first five eightththth. And that's f**king it. I'll let you have inside centre because you haven't even seen the Bledisloe since 2003 or something. Who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm 

I'm pretty sure it's the Kiwis who are weird in this one. Everyone else calls it inside and outside centre.

I think we're the only ones that use the term out half.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm 

paddyor wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

What did you think the inside was in reference too?

Listen mate... you can't just come crashing in here like some sort of pretender to the throne or something trying to give orders.

Inside centre is...

wait for it, this is the 21st century here where I'm posting from...

inside the centre. There is a centre, and there is inside it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Current Coaches vs BNZ

Cheika with Australia - 2 wins, 7 defeats (170 pts vs 309 pts)
Schmidt with Ireland - 1 win, 2 defeats (71 pts vs 74 pts)

Interesting but irrelevant.

Who's BNZ?

It's a reference to a quote from one of our more illustrious* pundits

"They're not the All Blacks - they're Bloody New Zealand"

* You may normally attach a different meaning to this word that the one I'm intending right now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:59 pm 

Diego wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's the Kiwis who are weird in this one. Everyone else calls it inside and outside centre.

Utterly bizarre. Everyone else that speaks english calls them that. Look at wikipedia ffs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:59 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Zakar wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

Listen...

when you cnuts are losing it's everyone else's fault. The ref, the AR, the NZR, the Kiwis in Soup Rugby, the ALP, the f**king CIA sacking Gough, the underarms and football clubs fercryinoutloud...

now, you've had one win and you're strutting about with your little pidgeon chests thrust out like so many cnuts on a breadcrumb trying to tell everyone esle you can rename the positions on the field.

F**k right off. There's centre and...

here, have a fat crack at...

first five eightththth. And that's f**king it. I'll let you have inside centre because you haven't even seen the Bledisloe since 2003 or something. Who knows.

Niiice rant! :lol:

However, you've been in 'Aussie' too long old son. The ice has melted in your chully bun and your jandals are worn through...

You forgot about the 'second five', bro.

You know, where Sonny Bill does his caper.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 pm 

Diego wrote:

Traditionally "out-half" was Ireland and Scotland, Wales had a "stand-off" and England had a "fly-half"

I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:05 pm 

All you cnuts trying to cover for Ika falling over an exotic phrase....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm 

Nah, Ika lives by his own "special" creed, GS. As any fule kno.

Yer Man wrote:
Diego wrote:

Traditionally "out-half" was Ireland and Scotland, Wales had a "stand-off" and England had a "fly-half"

I think.

Actually the Welsh originated the flyhalf idea. They were innovators back in the day. In 1878 at Cardiff, they developed a short pass to one of the half backs who would then go charging ahead with the ball. He became known as the "flying half back" which in time was shortened to the "fly half".

The kiwis invented the 5/8ths. And which is now most prominent in Rugby League. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 153  Next