Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
That’s more consistent with the view expressed here by Kiwis than others. No conspiracy orientated nonsense, an acknowledgement that there is confusion and respect for the officials. The “think of the children” and mumsnet angle are a bit handwringing but it reflects everything most real fans have been calling for, respect for the officials and better communication.

Hopefully they will be part of elevating the discussion and bring the rest of you to the moral high ground.

The conspiracy bit is a sideshow to the Pearce/Ayoub/Burger/WR circus.

Speaking of circus... which one of the clowns wrote that article you copy / pasted, sans link?

Is it the Walrus, Torq? Have you slipped so badly back into your own merde that you would stoop so low? Or is it one of the slightly less rednosed scribes? Barnes, perhaps... complete with pre warmed handwringers?

Our very own Jake?

Every man has the right to choose the manner of his hoisting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Andalu wrote:
I'm still thinking about little Johnny running up against Ofa. :((
little Hone and Tana say you’re dumb.

Got me thinking, what's James in Maori? I know William is Wiremu.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm 

What’s been lost in all this is perhaps the most serious charge that can be leveled at WR. They fast tracked a young and inexperienced English ref into a NZ vs France test match, resulting in a controversial yellow card and some widely pilloried non-calls against one team.

Can you believe they would do that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:42 pm 

Andalu wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Andalu wrote:

Hemi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:44 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Andalu wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Andalu wrote:

Hemi

Of course, I knew that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:45 pm 

naki wrote:
What’s been lost in all this is perhaps the most serious charge that can be leveled at WR. They fast tracked a young and inexperienced English ref into a NZ vs France test match, resulting in a controversial yellow card and some widely pilloried non-calls against one team.

Even if they did, you have to recognize the sportsman like way the French coach declined to fan the fires. He should get a sportsmanship award and anyone else complaining about referee decisions needs to think long and hard about their behavior.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:50 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

Even if they did, you have to recognize the sportsman like way the French coach declined to fan the fires. He should get a sportsmanship award and anyone else complaining about referee decisions needs to think long and hard about their behavior.

*nods in sage agreement*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:56 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

:nod:

Certainly that coach now knows how difficult it is bring together a team of underachievers called ‘The Blues’ and prevail at Eden Park

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm 

naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

Certainly that coach now knows how difficult it is bring together a team of underachievers called ‘The Blues’ and prevail at Eden Park

:lol:
That had not been lost on me either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm 

naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Also the pre kick off stuff needs to go as it's really not PC any longer in today's society.

Yes, anthems and militarism have no place in sports.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm 

usermame wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Also the pre kick off stuff needs to go as it's really not PC any longer in today's society.

None of it please. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Kid A wrote:

The only "narative" I have is to make the disciplinary process fairer in rugby union.

Well, it's quite simple. Get the schoolgirls up North who run rugby and are being led by whingeing mothers to grow a set of balls and start administering rugby.

How the hell did a once mighty empire become such a set of snivelling little snot-noses?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
usermame wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

None of it please. :thumbup:

Welcome to Country wasn't THAT bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 pm 

Frodder wrote:
13 pages so far. Have we come to a conclusion?

Yes, on the very first page.

Fat Old Git wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:
Instead of having a go at Kid A why not debate the gifs?

Because they are cowards.

Most kiwis thought the yellow call was harsh and that the ref made a mistake not goimg up stairs for a second look well before the second incident occurred. And most thought the second could easily have been given a card and was a worse tackle then the first.

But that's rugby. Refs make mistakes. Sometimes they favor your team. Sometimes they don't. It usually balances out in the long run.

People who can't admit that and insist on watching games with one eye shut, believing there is some kind of conspiracy, and picking only examples of errors that support that conspiracy, now they are the true cowards.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm 

usermame wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Not sounding very kiwi there Usermane. Also boet wtf is with that avatar man?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:09 pm 

Wrong thread.

Last edited by The Native on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 pm 

Altazuma wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
The Cane tackle deserved a yellow; the contact with the head by (not even going to try and spell his name and too lazy to look up) is, by the guidelines, contact to the head, with force, therefore should have been a red. Was too noisy in the bar to hear what conversation went on between the TMO and ref, so I’m not sure what justification, if any, was used to talk it down to a PK only.

If after taking everything into account, the CO does not cite, then I’m sure this shit fight will continue

Poor old Ofa was going in at knee level

Quiet Enz. You are at risk of being consistent with the latest IRB directives at U20 level to reduce head high tackles.

"a High Tackle Warning will be issued if the tackler is upright (i.e. not bent at the waist when tackling), and there is clear and obvious head contact for either player. "

Under this directive, the French player rightly gets a greater sanction than Ofa does not.

Clearly a new directive to allow the AB's to employ their thuggish illegal tactics while the angelic opponents get screwed by a biased IRB.
A warning has been issued to Tu’ungafasi as WR have determined that it did not merit a red card, so glad that Pearce has been publicly vindicated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:37 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Altazuma wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
The Cane tackle deserved a yellow; the contact with the head by (not even going to try and spell his name and too lazy to look up) is, by the guidelines, contact to the head, with force, therefore should have been a red. Was too noisy in the bar to hear what conversation went on between the TMO and ref, so I’m not sure what justification, if any, was used to talk it down to a PK only.

If after taking everything into account, the CO does not cite, then I’m sure this shit fight will continue

Quiet Enz. You are at risk of being consistent with the latest IRB directives at U20 level to reduce head high tackles.

"a High Tackle Warning will be issued if the tackler is upright (i.e. not bent at the waist when tackling), and there is clear and obvious head contact for either player. "

Under this directive, the French player rightly gets a greater sanction than Ofa does not.

Clearly a new directive to allow the AB's to employ their thuggish illegal tactics while the angelic opponents get screwed by a biased IRB.
A warning has been issued to Tu’ungafasi as WR have determined that it did not merit a red card, so glad that Pearce has been publicly vindicated.

its not really a warning but an explanation to the mob isnt it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 pm 

Have we mentioned 2011 yet?
Has the vid been posted?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:55 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Altazuma wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

Indeed. Glad to be on the right side of history again. Hate never wins. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 am 

Kid A wrote:
The incident has received a "Citing Commissioner's warning". i.e. - just short of a red card.

If it was reversed and an all black back was sitting in a hospital with a double fracture to the face, there is just no way that the same disciplinary outcome would have been achieved.

True, remember that time when Waisake Naholo was knocked out and couldn't play the deciding test vs the Lions and SOB got suspended? Nope?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Kid A wrote:
The incident has received a "Citing Commissioner's warning". i.e. - just short of a red card.

If it was reversed and an all black back was sitting in a hospital with a double fracture to the face, there is just no way that the same disciplinary outcome would have been achieved.

True, remember that time when Waisake Naholo was knocked out and couldn't play the deciding test vs the Lions and SOB got suspended? Nope?

Naholo doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 am 

Just rewatched the Cane & Ofa "tackle" there, dreadful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 am 

Glad Cane is right for next test, was a bad head knock.

KG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 am 

I just noticed the following image in a Stuff article about the French reinforcements arriving.

I have no idea as to the event, but surely there was a match or incident thread, so perchance someone has a gif or three of this incident from the thread showing the red or yellow card dished out?

TYIA :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:37 am 

kiwigreg369 wrote:

KG

He's known now as "Thug" Cane thank you very much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:42 am 

Ted. wrote:
I just noticed the following image in a Stuff article about the French reinforcements arriving.

I have no idea as to the event, but surely there was a match or incident thread, so perchance someone has a gif or three of this incident from the thread showing the red or yellow card dished out?

Can you spoiler that please. I opened the thread at work expecting a rugby discussion, not some x-rated MMA style thuggery.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:43 am 

Mr Mike wrote:
Altazuma wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

It's interesting that Saint Sam Cane seems to have been totally vindicated for his tackle, yet in many peoples minds, mine included, his was the more erroneous part in the whole affair, whereas poor auld Ofa has copped a very vigorous finger wagging of terrific proportions. The most terrific finger wag ever.

What gives and have any of the neutrals apologised for impugning SS's* good name?

*Saint Sam [Insert appropriate insignia here].

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Spoiler: show

Can you spoiler that please. I opened the thread at work expecting a rugby discussion, not some x-rated MMA style thuggery.

Sorry JB, done.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:00 am 

The Native wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:

KG

He's known now as "Thug" Cane thank you very much.

The Franks brothers will be disappointed with you appropriating their name - I suppose Cane could be the third thug brother.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 am 

guy smiley wrote:
naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

f**king marvellous. :lol: :lol:

All the while, we have a bunch of post padding, claptrap spewing, self aggrandising humourless sour pusses passing themselves off as genuinely concerned rugby citizens. That's without even mentioning the rest of GB and Europe. It's vomit inducing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 am 

Ted. wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

All the while, we have a bunch of post padding, claptrap spewing, self aggrandising humourless sour pusses passing themselves off as genuinely concerned rugby citizens. That's without even mentioning the rest of GB and Europe. It's vomit inducing.

I, for one, take offence at this outlandish slur. In no way to I spew claptrap, or any trap for that matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 am 

Ted. wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

towny wrote:
I, for one, take offence at this outlandish slur. In no way to I spew claptrap, or any trap for that matter.

Just lie back and think of Queensland, mate. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Ted. wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
naki wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
naki wrote:

But ... this is a troll thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 am 

Sorry I've been busy living and stuff , can someone give me a précis of the fred so far

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 am 

Hareaway wrote:
Sorry I've been busy living and stuff , can someone give me a précis of the fred so far

Thugs, cheats, special treatment, haka.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Hareaway wrote:

There's the strapline to Chasing Great II.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Hareaway wrote:

And that's just the Taranaki U15 girls team.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Hareaway wrote:

We treat all our rugby tourists that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next