Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 am 

BBB wrote:
Crash_12 wrote:
BBB wrote:
Does anyone remember if the usual suspects (The Walrus,Brendan Gallagher etc) were outraged at that scumbag Rougerie getting away with a blatant eye-gouge in 2011 purely because the footage came to light outside the citing window?

Also,did anybody call for the FFR to bring down their own punishment on him because the IRB couldn’t do anything?

No?

Thought as much.

Erm, the footage is taken directly from the coverage on the day.

Wrong.

Why yes, yes you are.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/international/new-zealand-vs-france-remy-grosso-high-tackle-sam-cane-ofa-tuungafasi-citing-a8394041.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Kid A wrote:

The only "narative" I have is to make the disciplinary process fairer in rugby union.

Well, it's quite simple. Get the schoolgirls up North who run rugby and are being led by whingeing mothers to grow a set of balls and start administering rugby.

How the hell did a once mighty empire become such a set of snivelling little snot-noses?

Ireland had an empire? Interesting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am 

Ted. wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
Ted. wrote:
I just noticed the following image in a Stuff article about the French reinforcements arriving.

Spoiler: show

I have no idea as to the event, but surely there was a match or incident thread, so perchance someone has a gif or three of this incident from the thread showing the red or yellow card dished out?

TYIA :thumbup:

Can you spoiler that please. I opened the thread at work expecting a rugby discussion, not some x-rated MMA style thuggery.

Sorry JB, done.

The yellow card and penalty try awarded during the match were not sufficient for this thuggery, as additional punishment Watson has been forced to attend punishment sessions at a special Rugby boot camp, to ensure the northern thug understands the severity of his crimes, the boot camps will be administered by an official SANZAR moral guardian, Mr Eddie Jones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am 

https://twitter.com/JiffyRugby/status/1 ... wsrc%5Etfw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
https://twitter.com/JiffyRugby/status/1006542939437314048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I hate NZ and believe they're a nation of thugs, cheats and rapists. That was a penalty at worst - no chance of a card or suspension. I wish I could say differently, due in no small part to my previously stated hatred.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am 

towny wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

I hate NZ and believe they're a nation of thugs, cheats and rapists. That was a penalty at worst - no chance of a card or suspension. I wish I could say differently, due in no small part to my previously stated hatred.

I fall more in love with you every day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am 

The Native wrote:
towny wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

I thought of you when I wrote 'rapist'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am 

towny wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Sodomites and wearers of black. :((

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am 

towny wrote:
The Native wrote:
towny wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

I thought of you when I wrote 'rapist'

I wouldn't have it any other way ♥

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 am 

guy smiley wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Hareaway wrote:
Sorry I've been busy living and stuff , can someone give me a précis of the fred so far

Thugs, cheats, special treatment, haka.

We treat all our rugby tourists that way.

Towny yapping away like trooper?

Jmk taking the high road/horse/hooker ?

Dourqemada feeling French again

Guess the micks will be here rather than the Aussie match thread

Carry on the good fight , we are fighting for the future of rugby , they want to make it football for men .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 am 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:

:lol: :lol: I love it.
Keep them coming. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:03 am 

Hareaway wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Hareaway wrote:
Sorry I've been busy living and stuff , can someone give me a précis of the fred so far

Thugs, cheats, special treatment, haka.

We treat all our rugby tourists that way.

Towny yapping away like trooper?

Jmk taking the high road/horse/hooker ?

Dourqemada feeling French again

Guess the micks will be here rather than the Aussie match thread

Carry on the good fight , we are fighting for the future of rugby , they want to make it football for men .

Who said there was no such thing as national stereotypes . . .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Have we mentioned 2011 yet?
Has the vid been posted?

Rougerie eye-gouging Richie McGod and not getting penalised/carded/cited/suspended? i think its been mentioned :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 am 

Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

Rougerie eye-gouging Richie McGod and not getting penalised/carded/cited/suspended? i think its been mentioned :)

In the interests of balance - here it is. Ridiculous to not get cited and banned. Tough one to spot at the time for the officials though. Unlike the Grosso incident.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 am 

Kid A wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

In the interests of balance - here it is. Ridiculous to not get cited and banned. Tough one to spot at the time for the officials though. Unlike the Grosso incident.

I can understand them missing the eyegouge but not the stamping, kneeing and then head butting that immediately preceded it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:36 am 

naki wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

I can understand them missing the eyegouge but not the stamping, kneeing and then head butting that immediately preceded it.

Is that McCaw transgressing again? Filthy cheat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 am 

Kid A wrote:

In the interests of balance -

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am 

sorCrer wrote:
naki wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

Is that McCaw transgressing again? Filthy cheat.

He’d just won a turnover by forcing a knock on by the French halfback. Joubert was playing advantage for that while the French indulged in four acts of extreme foul play in the space of a few seconds, at least three of which were clearly visible to the assistant ref.

But, you know, ABs getting with shit and that...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am 

Kid A wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

Curious whether you think Ofa's tackle technique was anything out of the ordinary. Bent at the waist, arms outstretched, horizontal movement. Grosso isn't short either, he just went very low into contact.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am 

Andalu wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

Curious whether you think Ofa's tackle technique was anything out of the ordinary. Bent at the waist, arms outstretched, horizontal movement. Grosso isn't short either, he just went very low into contact.

He lead with his shoulder into the head area. Even if Grosso doesn't descend 30cm lower, Ofa is still on course to hit his upper neck area.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 am 

Kid A wrote:
Andalu wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Has the vid been posted?

He lead with his shoulder into the head area. Even if Grosso doesn't descend 30cm lower, Ofa is still on course to hit his upper neck area.

BS. Ofa and Grosso are roughly the same height and Ofa is clearly bent at the waist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 am 

Andalu wrote:
BS. Ofa and Grosso are roughly the same height and Ofa is clearly bent at the waist.

I really don't know what outcome Ofa is expecting here. It will always be dangerous once he decides to lead with that body shape :

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am 

Kid A wrote:
Andalu wrote:

I really don't know what outcome Ofa is expecting here. It will always be dangerous once he decides to lead with that body shape :

If Grosso is upright then it is a textbook tackle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am 

Kid A wrote:

Anyone who's played the game at any level would tell you that this is nonsense; however I respect your opinion as someone who's new to the game and interested in it. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:57 am 

Kid A wrote:
Andalu wrote:

Yes. Bent at the waste aiming for the players mid-drift. That kind of body shape only usually ever results in one thing = fractured skull.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 pm 

Midriff? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Andalu wrote:

Eh? Look how low Ofa is. Its the fact the player with the ball is being tackled and is so low himself that meant the impact was high. I don't think Ofa could have got much lower. You have to remember this shit happens in a split second. There isn't time to change body position. You'd be a shit coach cos your defenders would have to be f**king lying on the ground to make a legal tackle if you think his "body shape" is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm 

towny wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Andalu wrote:

Yes. Bent at the waste aiming for the players mid-drift. That kind of body shape only usually ever results in one thing = fractured skull.

Interesting angle that. Look at how grasso's left knee has collapsed and he is heading down very quickly. Like I've said above, I wonder if there are considerations the tmos take into account we just aren't aware of. They do do this for a living.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:03 pm 

Kid A wrote:

If the attacking player was Will Genia it wouldn't have been a high tackle. Here are similar ones for your to peruse.

It's good for your early education. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9gJo0mT41A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm 

Davedj77 wrote:

Eh? Look how low Ofa is. Its the fact the player with the ball is being tackled and is so low himself that meant the impact was high. I don't think Ofa could have got much lower. You have to remember this shit happens in a split second. There isn't time to change body position. You'd be a shit coach cos your defenders would have to be f**king lying on the ground to make a legal tackle if you think his "body shape" is wrong.

These have been red cards for a season now. That's the point.

Now all of a sudden it's an accident.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 pm 

Oops, I made a typo. Due to PR rules this means my argument is now considered mute and I must withdraw. :((

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 pm 

Kid A wrote:

Yeah, the thing you think with.

There are people in here who think you're an idiot.

They're dead right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 pm 

Kid A wrote:

Your gif doesn't take in the whole context of the play. The ref darts between Grosso and Ofa seconds before impact. I don't think that helped Ofa get a bead on the impact coming his way. I still can't understand no real sanction given. WR has been working on outcome rather than accidental for some time now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Davedj77 wrote:

I actually think he should have been sanctioned going by what has happened recently. But I also think it was a complete accident, and there was nothing he could have done about it. His body position was very low and the tacker was falling into him. I have no idea what the defender is supposed to do there when it all happens in a split second and he's set himself so low. Sometimes in rugby shit is going to happen. That's the nature of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 pm 

usermame wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Also the pre kick off stuff needs to go as it's really not PC any longer in today's society.

Yes, anthems and militarism have no place in sports.

No anthems? Why not get rid of national representation in sport then?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 pm 

mr bungle wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Your gif doesn't take in the whole context of the play. The ref darts between Grosso and Ofa seconds before impact. I don't think that helped Ofa get a bead on the impact coming his way. I still can't understand no real sanction given. WR has been working on outcome rather than accidental for some time now.

I wouldn't have been surprised or even upset if he was sanctioned but I guess they felt that if the attacker goes low into contact then similar accidents will happen regularly and they don't want to encourage putting all the blame on the defender if the defender is making a textbook tackle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 pm 

Davedj77 wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Davedj77 wrote:

I actually think he should have been sanctioned going by what has happened recently. But I also think it was a complete accident, and there was nothing he could have done about it. His body position was very low and the tacker was falling into him. I have no idea what the defender is supposed to do there when it all happens in a split second and he's set himself so low. Sometimes in rugby shit is going to happen. That's the nature of the game.

As I said, these have been penalised thus far since the new head shot directives have come about. Reckless / accidental or not. I've already posted examples of ridiculous red cards - and fans of those teams were told to stop whining as there can be no place for error regarding concussions in the game.

Now we're told "shit is going to happen". Suck it up. He fractured his face in an accident. So which is it? The latter I expect now?

Rugby needs to decide if shit is going to happen or shit needs to be damage controlled. Or there will be some sort of legal case on the horizon sooner rather than later..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 pm 

Andalu wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Kid A wrote:

I wouldn't have been surprised or even upset if he was sanctioned but I guess they felt that if the attacker goes low into contact then similar accidents will happen regularly and they don't want to encourage putting all the blame on the defender if the defender is making a textbook tackle.

We lost a Lions series because some jerk jumped into a tackler, feet set and planted, looking to make a text book tackle. There's just too much wriggle room within the laws.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm 

mr bungle wrote:
Andalu wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Kid A wrote:

We lost a Lions series because some jerk jumped into a tackler, feet set and planted, looking to make a text book tackle. There's just too much wriggle room within the laws.

Someone post the gif because I might be wrong but I think Ofa's body shape was much more standard. SBW has a tendency to slide up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 pm 

Kid A is right. This is how it's been refereed for the last season, accidental or not. Why they chose to ignore that for this incident I don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next