Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:19 pm 

handyman wrote:
The Boks played probably their best game in 3 years, and all you guys can do is look to bad-mouth Stormers players?

:lol:

It was entertaining, but not our best. Our defence was pants. We only won by 3 points.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:20 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Launchbury out of 2nd test. We're farked... :x

Puts the MOTM selector under massive pressure

Edit - probably out of the 2nd test - still not training with the team - looking very unlikely to be fit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:
The Boks played probably their best game in 3 years, and all you guys can do is look to bad-mouth Stormers players?

It was entertaining, but not our best. Our defence was pants. We only won by 3 points.

Which games of the last 3 years were better, considering we have a new coach and some new players?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Ja just watched the press conference and expect a few changes. I just hope that 1) there are only 2-3 at most if he's changing any and 2) it's not Kriel back in for Am.

I think Louw will get a break. Not sure on the other changes.

It was interesting hearing him talk about Duane, who won't be available for the entire RC...that is a massive loss in any game he misses. Arguably the most important player in the pack imo.

2016 - Mapoe didn't works out outside DDA
2017 - Kriel didn't work out outside DDA
2018 so far - Am didn't do much outside DDA

If only a clear pattern could be drawn from this...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:25 pm 

englishchief wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Ja just watched the press conference and expect a few changes. I just hope that 1) there are only 2-3 at most if he's changing any and 2) it's not Kriel back in for Am.

I think Louw will get a break. Not sure on the other changes.

It was interesting hearing him talk about Duane, who won't be available for the entire RC...that is a massive loss in any game he misses. Arguably the most important player in the pack imo.

2016 - Mapoe didn't works out outside DDA
2017 - Kriel didn't work out outside DDA
2018 so far - Am didn't do much outside DDA

If only a clear pattern could be drawn from this...

Its simple....our 13s are gash.........

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm 

handyman wrote:
Which games of the last 3 years were better, considering we have a new coach and some new players?

SA vs All Blacks at Newlands was a better quality game - and we lost.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed Saturday's game and it could have gone either way. But just because we scored some nice tries doesn't mean that players aren't immune from criticism, regardless of their province.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Only in the first 18 minutes boet. I know that first 18 minutes was rough but get over it now ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed Saturday's game and it could have gone either way. But just because we scored some nice tries doesn't mean that players aren't immune from criticism, regardless of their province.

DO NOT DARE.........CRITICISE ANY STORMERS PLAYER.......DO NOT DARE.

SKULLBONE BRAIN CRAZY STUFF.............

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

For me it was a clear line in the sand test match. Let's see.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:38 pm 

handyman wrote:

It was certainly refreshing, that's for sure. I'm still wary of an England backlash. Eddie Jones is a shrewd coach. Let's stuff them 3-0 and then I'm all aboard the bandwagon :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:40 pm 

Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

DDA was kak, Esterhuizen is a much better player
Notche was kak, he cant even catch a wing from behind
Kolisi was kak, Duane was the only captain on the field
Louw is overrated, Thomas is much much better (his muscles are as big as Andre's)

There I dared, do you KZN okes feel better

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

It was certainly refreshing, that's for sure. I'm still wary of an England backlash. Eddie Jones is a shrewd coach. Let's stuff them 3-0 and then I'm all aboard the bandwagon :thumbup:

Winning this series and then a better (top 2) finish in the RC will do it for me. Great start though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:42 pm 

beachboy wrote:
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Louw is overrated, Thomas is much much better (his muscles are as big as Andre's)

You missed Bongi, Ginger and PSDT. Try harder. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:43 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Winning this series and then a better (top 2) finish in the RC will do it for me. Great start though.

Ja. A win against the All Blacks would be nice too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:44 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Winning the June series is no better than the Boks did in 2016 or 2017. The RC will be the real test

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:46 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Winning the June series is no better than the Boks did in 2016 or 2017. The RC will be the real test

Agreed. Finishing ahead of ARG is non-negotiable and ending above AUS should be the goal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:49 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

Agreed. Finishing ahead of ARG is non-negotiable and ending above AUS should be the goal.

But we first must win this series. Both teams will be better prepared on Saturday and we cannot afford another game in which we have to chase a big lead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:52 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

But we first must win this series. Both teams will be better prepared on Saturday and we cannot afford another game in which we have to chase a big lead

Yes. Looking forward to this test more than the first actually. For the sole purpose of seeing how well we follow that performance up and whether we are able to improve in certain areas.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:57 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

:thumbup: Would be great for our confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:59 pm 

Everyone is talking up what EJ will do and how England will change tactics. Lets remember we too now have a smart coach and that we should be prepared for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:13 pm 

handyman wrote:
Everyone is talking up what EJ will do and how England will change tactics. Lets remember we too now have a smart coach and that we should be prepared for that.

I'm in a wait and see mode at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm 

assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

You are shifting goal posts here. When I predicted a 3-0 white wash, you thought I was OomPBish.

One test at a time. You are only as good as your last result.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:

I am ensuring that the furniture is in right place, the earplugs are there. Plus a generous pre-match glass of alcohol.

But I'm walking the dog along the river. Having a beer with a narrow boat owner who has a snappy Jack Russell but my lad just ignores him.

I shall probably have a cold shower. This is not looking good. But we Brits are used to defeat.

After all, we lost a lot of foreign countries from our empire. With grace.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 pm 

I don't know what that means, so yes I agree :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 pm 

handyman wrote:

One thing I know for sure is that EJ will not be making an attempt at tackling as the last line of defense again. x(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm 

globus wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:

I am ensuring that the furniture is in right place, the earplugs are there. Plus a generous pre-match glass of alcohol.

But I'm walking the dog along the river. Having a beer with a narrow boat owner who has a snappy Jack Russell but my lad just ignores him.

I shall probably have a cold shower. This is not looking good. But we Brits are used to defeat.

Do you get Knights outside of England?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:26 pm 

OomPB wrote:
globus wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:

They are called "honorary".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:30 pm 

globus wrote:
OomPB wrote:
globus wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
handyman wrote:

They are called "honorary".

We call our knights chickenrunners :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:32 pm 

Why?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 pm 

globus wrote:
Why?

They're the best we have.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:39 pm 

Ha!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
beachboy wrote:
Sards wrote:
assfly wrote:
handyman wrote:

You missed Bongi, Ginger and PSDT. Try harder. ;)

Bongi did well enough. Ginger is perfect. PSDT is a machine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:10 am 

PSDT in for JLDP and Malherbe in for Louw

That's the word

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 am 

Quote:
Frequent rotation of personnel in the Springbok side in the coming months is essential if the team is going to be competitive at next year’s World Cup.

That’s the view of Springbok forwards coach Matthew Proudfoot‚ who argued that tinkering with the side is imperative if they are going to settle on the men best equipped for the task in Japan.

Despite the high turnover of faces‚ there is clarity in the selection process.

“There will be changes‚” he said about the team to play England in the second Test on Saturday.

“Rassie (Erasmus) wants this to be a dynamic side and he wants us to understand that he needs to build capacity in this team.

"That is the way we will operate.

“We will chop and change and evolve. We’ll give everybody opportunity to see who’s our best 32‚ 33‚ 34. That is the process for the next 18 months.

"When we rock up at the World Cup we’ll know exactly who’s the best.”

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/rugby/2018-06-12-bok-forwards-coach-proudfoot-backs-frequent-rotation-of-personnel/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:04 am 

Pfft. Doesn't he know that the experts on PR say that you should never, ever, change a winning team?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 am 

assfly wrote:
Pfft. Doesn't he know that the experts on PR say that you should never, ever, change a winning team?

Not entirely correct. The experts have exempted certain players from rotation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am 

Quote:
Brits has alternated between running with the team and chatting to coaches at recent training sessions in Bloemfontein. Whether he plays or not this Saturday, he will have made a contribution to the team’s preparation.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/boks-to-up-physical-ante-in-second-test/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Brits has alternated between running with the team and chatting to coaches at recent training sessions in Bloemfontein. Whether he plays or not this Saturday, he will have made a contribution to the team’s preparation.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/boks-to-up-physical-ante-in-second-test/

He would make an excellent mentor for Akkers.....pretty similar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 am 

Jens and Sards, is the Lions coach still working with the backline on attack?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next