Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Image

Kick-off: 17:05 SAST | 16:05 BST | 15:05 GMT/UTC | 01:05 AEST Sunday| 03:05 NZT Sunday

Image

Weather:
Temp: 17°C
Wind: 13kmh NW
Rain: 0% Clear

Betting:
South Africa 1.67
England 2.62
Handicap: SA -3

Officials:
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand)
Assistant referees: Romain Poite (France), Glen Jackson (New Zealand)
Television match official: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Springboks:
Image

Coach: Rassie Erasmus
Image

Captain: Siya Kolisi

Image


Image

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Trevor Nyakane/Wilco Louw, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Tendai Mtawarira
Substitutes: 16 Akker van der Merwe, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Wilco Louw/Thomas du Toit, 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Warrick Gelant

England:
Image

Coach: Eddie Jo0nes
Image

Captain: Owen Farrell

Image

Image

England: Elliot Daly; Jonny May, Henry Slade, Owen Farrell (capt), Mike Brown; George Ford, Ben Youngs; Billy Vunipola, Tom Curry, Chris Robshaw; Nick Isiekwe, Maro Itoje; Kyle Sinckler, Jamie George, Mako Vunipola
Replacements: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Joe Marler, Harry Williams, Brad Shields, Nathan Hughes, Ben Spencer, Piers Francis, Denny Solomona

Test record SA vs England

Played: 38
SA Won: 23
England won: 13
Draws: 2

Tests in SA: 13
SA: 9
England: 3
Drawn: 1

Recent record:
16 June 2012: Coca-Cola Park, Johannesburg - 36 – 27 South Africa
23 June 2012: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, Port Elizabeth - 14 – 14 Draw
24 November 2012: Twickenham, London 15 – 16 - South Africa
15 November 2014: Twickenham, London 28 – 31 - South Africa
12 November 2016: Twickenham, London 37 – 21 - England


Last edited by Jensrsa on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35665
Location: Innie Kaap
The gameplan....lots of kicking.

Cameron needs to start. He is our best in this regard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9082
Location: Plum
Boks by 20. Southern hemisphere rugby will reign supreme.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35665
Location: Innie Kaap
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?

It's confusing...

Pollard doesn't fit the mould of Rassies gameplan against Wales.
Unless that was a smokescreen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1530
Location: Australia
:lol: That photo of Eddie Jones is begging for a photoshop.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10972
AFAIK England have never won a series in South Africa? Rassie wouldn't want to be the coach that change that record.

I like that England are our bitches in South Africa.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?

Will be interesting to see who makes the cut.

Frans Malherbe, Nizaam Carr and Cameron Wright didn't blot their copy books against Wales :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18092
handyman wrote:
AFAIK England have never won a series in South Africa? Rassie wouldn't want to be the coach that change that record.

I like that England are our bitches in South Africa.


England won the first 'series' they ever played in SA, in 1972, though it was just one test so may not technically count. They've also drawn a couple of series.

That's far from bitch made.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Players who didn't go to Washington:

Hookers:
Bongi Mbonambi
Bismarck du Plessis

Props:
Tendai Mtawarira
Trevor Nyakane

Need 2 from Wales test

Locks:
Franco Mostert
RG Snyman

Need 1 from Wales test

Loosies:
Duane Vermeulen
Siya Kolisi
Jean-Luc du Preez

Need 1 from Wales test

Scrummies:
Faf de Klerk

Need 1 from Wales test

Flyhalves:
Handré Pollard

Need 1 from Wales test

Centres:
Damian de Allende
Lukhanyo Am
Frans Steyn

Wings:
Sibusiso Nkosi
Aphiwe Dyantyi

Fullbacks:
Willie le Roux

Need 1 wing/utility player from Wales test


Last edited by Jensrsa on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:22 am
Posts: 212
Location: Safferland
It's almost like this is going to be the first Bok game of the season............................................


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2016
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?


No starters. 7 bench spots were there for the taking by my reckoning (assuming DDA starts with Steyn on the bench)

Kitshoff
Chiliboy (I’d prefer Akker)
Louw
PSdT
Mohoje (I’d prefer Kwagga but he missed an opportunity)
Papier/Van Zyl
Steyn
Gelant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
sunnybanana wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?


No starters. 7 bench spots were there for the taking by my reckoning (assuming DDA starts with Steyn on the bench)

Kitshoff
Chiliboy (I’d prefer Akker)
Louw
PSdT
Mohoje (I’d prefer Kwagga but he missed an opportunity)
Papier/Van Zyl
Steyn
Gelant


Bongi will cover #2, unless he stayed behind because he's injured
Kitshoff and Louw/Malherbe
PSDT can cover lock or blindside, depends where Rassie uses him. If lock then Mohoje or Carr, if 7 then Jenkins
van Zyl or Wright
Jantjies
Gelant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35093
Location: Hut 8
2 sides with a whole heap of pressure to perform. Expect turgid-fest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10700
Location: Kenya
Eish not feeling good about this anymore. That Wales test killed what little optimism I had.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
seeing that Bizzie played in the Top 14 final last weekend, is he a definite starter for Saturday?

Is he even in the country yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Beaver_Shark wrote:
seeing that Bizzie played in the Top 14 final last weekend, is he a definite starter for Saturday?


Not definite, no. But he's the only hooker who plays a "fetcher" role considering that none of the probable loosies do, not consistently anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8970
Location: Mzansi
Jensrsa wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
seeing that Bizzie played in the Top 14 final last weekend, is he a definite starter for Saturday?


Not definite, no. But he's the only hooker who plays a "fetcher" role considering that none of the probable loosies do, not consistently anyway

Duane does have a very good technique at the breakdown, but I don't think he's mobile enough to play that "fetching" role without any assistance. The other man, strangely enough, is Lukhanyo Am. He's outstanding over the ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35665
Location: Innie Kaap
I see AC is going to France...goodbye lad. Best option for you really


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 1873
Location: I raro i te maunga
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
2 sides with a whole heap of pressure to perform. Expect turgid-fest.
Yep. It's a real shame SA aren't equiped to expose the dire internal failings in the England set up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2016
Jensrsa wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?


No starters. 7 bench spots were there for the taking by my reckoning (assuming DDA starts with Steyn on the bench)

Kitshoff
Chiliboy (I’d prefer Akker)
Louw
PSdT
Mohoje (I’d prefer Kwagga but he missed an opportunity)
Papier/Van Zyl
Steyn
Gelant


Bongi will cover #2, unless he stayed behind because he's injured
Kitshoff and Louw/Malherbe
PSDT can cover lock or blindside, depends where Rassie uses him. If lock then Mohoje or Carr, if 7 then Jenkins
van Zyl or Wright
Jantjies
Gelant


You’re probably right about Bongi and Jantjies but in that case you’d have to think Steyn starts at 12. Can’t see Wright figuring. Carr would provide better balance than Oupa but, given he travelled but didn’t play, I’m not sure he’s in the picture.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
sunnybanana wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?


No starters. 7 bench spots were there for the taking by my reckoning (assuming DDA starts with Steyn on the bench)

Kitshoff
Chiliboy (I’d prefer Akker)
Louw
PSdT
Mohoje (I’d prefer Kwagga but he missed an opportunity)
Papier/Van Zyl
Steyn
Gelant


Bongi will cover #2, unless he stayed behind because he's injured
Kitshoff and Louw/Malherbe
PSDT can cover lock or blindside, depends where Rassie uses him. If lock then Mohoje or Carr, if 7 then Jenkins
van Zyl or Wright
Jantjies
Gelant


You’re probably right about Bongi and Jantjies but in that case you’d have to think Steyn starts at 12. Can’t see Wright figuring. Carr would provide better balance than Oupa but, given he travelled but didn’t play, I’m not sure he’s in the picture.


I think 12 will be DDA with Steyn as cover, unless he goes 12 DDA, 14 Willie, 15 Frans


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35665
Location: Innie Kaap
The biggest improvement overall for me and as a Springbok debut is Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Damian Willemse out for 4-6 weeks with a knee injury


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
England squad arrived. Based in Umhlanga

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10700
Location: Kenya
Jensrsa wrote:
England squad arrived. Based in Umhlanga



Straight to Kwa-Zulu Natal. At least they've got good taste :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5510
The Boks that played in the top 14 final were kak. Along with the rest of the Montpellier team. Don't expect much from them. Prolly burnt out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15868
Jensrsa wrote:
England squad arrived. Based in Umhlanga

Image

Staying at The Beverly Hills.

I know the Chef......................................................................


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30039
Chilli wrote:

I know the Chef......................................................................

:lol: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31504
Location: Chickenrunning...
Jensrsa wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
So, from the Wales test who will definitely be in the 23?


No starters. 7 bench spots were there for the taking by my reckoning (assuming DDA starts with Steyn on the bench)

Kitshoff
Chiliboy (I’d prefer Akker)
Louw
PSdT
Mohoje (I’d prefer Kwagga but he missed an opportunity)
Papier/Van Zyl
Steyn
Gelant


Bongi will cover #2, unless he stayed behind because he's injured
Kitshoff and Louw/Malherbe
PSDT can cover lock or blindside, depends where Rassie uses him. If lock then Mohoje or Carr, if 7 then Jenkins
van Zyl or Wright
Jantjies
Gelant


Injured players: Malcolm Marx, Jaco Kriel, Lizo Gqoboka, Lood de Jager, Coenie Oosthuizen, Warren Whiteley, Damian Willemse and Eben Etzebeth.

Get everyone fit, sort out the gameplan and we'll have a great base to go into 4N and win some Tests. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Sandstorm wrote:

Injured players: Malcolm Marx, Jaco Kriel, Lizo Gqoboka, Lood de Jager, Coenie Oosthuizen, Warren Whiteley, Damian Willemse and Eben Etzebeth.

Get everyone fit, sort out the gameplan and we'll have a great base to go into 4N and win some Tests. :thumbup:


Not sure why you mention Lizo Gqoboka. He's been to a number of Bok camps and never made the team. We have better #1s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5510
The Boks that played in the top 14 final were kak. Along with the rest of the Montpellier team. Don't expect much from them. Prolly burnt out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Quote:
Rassie Erasmus has confirmed that Montpellier duo Bismarck du Plessis and Frans Steyn will not be considered for selection in Saturday’s series-opening Test against England

Quote:
‘When they get here, I obviously want a chance to see them first. We’ve followed and monitored them closely overseas, and seen how motivated they are. They’ve played a game [on Saturday], but now they need to do their exit medicals before they can be released in terms of regulation nine.

‘I’m expecting Bismarck to arrive tomorrow, and I think Frans only on Wednesday. So I won’t consider them this week just because they haven’t trained with us much, and it wouldn’t be fair on the guys that have been with us here [in camp] this whole time. I also want to see what they look like when they get here.’

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/bismarck-frans-to-miss-first-test/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18995
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11893
I'm not terribly hopeful for England's chances in the 1st test.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2550
Despite the lack of quality in the game in Washington, one thing that was noticeable was SA's ability to effect the turnover when Wales underresourced the breakdown. Given England's feebleness in this area in the 6N, unless they've made a significant change of emphasis I can see them getting spanked here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10012
ovalball wrote:
I'm not terribly hopeful for England's chances in the 1st test.


Wouldn't worry too much. I have a good Pom mate coming over and there has been zero trolling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35665
Location: Innie Kaap
Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Rassie Erasmus has confirmed that Montpellier duo Bismarck du Plessis and Frans Steyn will not be considered for selection in Saturday’s series-opening Test against England

Quote:
‘When they get here, I obviously want a chance to see them first. We’ve followed and monitored them closely overseas, and seen how motivated they are. They’ve played a game [on Saturday], but now they need to do their exit medicals before they can be released in terms of regulation nine.

‘I’m expecting Bismarck to arrive tomorrow, and I think Frans only on Wednesday. So I won’t consider them this week just because they haven’t trained with us much, and it wouldn’t be fair on the guys that have been with us here [in camp] this whole time. I also want to see what they look like when they get here.’

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/bismarck-frans-to-miss-first-test/

Great decision. Rassie really is forthcoming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31504
Location: Chickenrunning...
He wants to get them on the scales first.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 14580
Will there be any leather left on the balls by half time?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biffer29, eldanielfire, frankster, Google [Bot], Gospel, hermie, Joost, Keith, La soule, lorcanoworms, maherro, malky, Margin_Walker, Mick Mannock, mr bungle, Nolanator, Plastic Sarrie, Rossco, sockwithaticket, The Mute, tiddle, ukjim, Uthikoloshe, Yer Man, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group