Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 am 

saffer13 wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
AE was clearly our best player against Wales and has been mostly excellent all season for the Sharks. Ridiculously improved this year. DDA has been consistently poor now for the last 2 seasons at least and was awful on Saturday. There’s no point in making metres if you’re going to die with, or lose the ball as often as he does. It’s a no-brainer, AE has to start this weekend.

So since losing the ball in contact is the tie breaker here...as mentioned above, AE lost the ball a couple times and ruined a certain overlap is his last (or second last) SR match. One of the times he lost the ball it was in the process of trying to run over the defender pretty much over the try line. By your criteria he should certainly not be the option.

:?

It’s far from the tie breaker but it happening 4 times in one match is not something I can ever remember happening with AE. He’s also simply in better form.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 am 

saffer13 wrote:
Personally I think us not having world class centers in general is the issue atm.

Still deflecting :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:14 am 

Springboks (probable) – 15 Warrick Gelant/Willie le Roux, 14 S’bu Nkosi, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 André Esterhuizen, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Beast Mtawarira.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/newlands-test-will-give-rassie-answers/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:39 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Springboks (probable) – 15 Warrick Gelant/Willie le Roux, 14 S’bu Nkosi, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 André Esterhuizen, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 RG Snyman, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Beast Mtawarira.

not a bad looking side. Although PSDT should be bench.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 am 

Sards wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:

The bench could be interesting - Brits, Orie/Mohoje, Junior, Mapimpi? Could also rest Mostert with PSDT at 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Sards wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:

The bench could be interesting - Brits, Orie/Mohoje, Junior, Mapimpi? Could also rest Mostert with PSDT at 5

Thats PSDT s best position. He doesnt have the same impact at 7...... i am with that move.... so is Rugby mag.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
Fangle wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
AE and Kriel apparently trained as centres with Jantjies and Pollard alternating at 10

Quote:
The Bok coach may look to make further changes ahead of the third Test against England, with several new combinations and players set for an opportunity. André Esterhuizen and Jesse Kriel played as centres when the team trained at Cape Town Stadium on Monday afternoon. Jantjies alternated with Handré Pollard at flyhalf, and may well find himself starting at No 10 when the Boks face England this Saturday.

On Tuesday, Jantjies told a media gathering at the team hotel that the Boks have made significant strides on attack over the past few weeks. The Lions flyhalf feels that Erasmus’ approach has prompted the players to look at the game in a very different way.

‘Rassie is someone special,’ Jantjies said. ‘Some of the things he picks up on the field… I don’t think other coaches are even looking for those things. He’s a very different coach.’

Jantjies did not want to elaborate on those details for fear of giving too much away. Generally speaking, however, he feels that there has been a notable improvement on attack.

‘We’re starting to find a balance between running, kicking and passing,’ he said. ‘There is certainly a good, happy vibe in the camp at present.

‘If the coach has a certain mindset, it is going to affect the other coaches and then filter down to the players. Rassie has been great in that respect. I think that all the spectators can see what is happening with this group, both on and off the field.’

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/jantjies-rassie-lends-boks-x-factor/

It will be interesting to see how Jantjies performs with Rassie as coach.

The luck of the draw seems to be that he's getting the kicking games in wet conditions :), definitely not his strength

An international flyhalf that can't adapt to conditions?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 am 

handyman wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:
The luck of the draw seems to be that he's getting the kicking games in wet conditions :), definitely not his strength

I'm talking about strengths, not about adapting. There is a difference

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 am 

handyman wrote:

There are a few members of our current squad that have had more than enough opurtunity to excell in internationals and have failed.....and by the same token there are a number of players that have simply been denied the opurtunity to have a similar extended run. We can argue that these are the breaks and you make your own luck , and given an opurtunity you need to take it etc etc but there will always be a few players that a coach will give an extended run over others.....it all really depends on how slick those players are at sucking cock really.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 am 

saffer13 wrote:
Rassie is clearly stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 am 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

Its like a cast iron pot telling a microwave that its stupid........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 am 

Would Yank and Houts please chose a 12 in the current set up that you think will be good enough to replace DDA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am 

I chose about 300 earlier in one of the many posts about springboks posts that litter the board.

But let me make it simple for you. Take every player in every SR side stick them all up on a dartboard. Blindfold yourself and throw a dart at it.

Even if you miss. That thing you hit has better hands and a pass that AE.

Even if it was that pug with a roller skate for back legs.

The only things AE is good for is a dry-humping muscle for Sardy.

Would you like me to elaborate some more?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am 

houtkabouter wrote:

Translation:
"Me and Yank cyber bullied Sardy. Now we both look stupid, because Sard was correct."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 am 

Jensrsa wrote:

Good side.
Personally I would have Jean-Luc Du Preez at 7, Pieter-Steph du Toit at 5 and give Franco Mostert a well earned break.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 am 

houtkabouter wrote:
I chose about 300 earlier in one of the many posts about springboks posts that litter the board.

But let me make it simple for you. Take every player in every SR side stick them all up on a dartboard. Blindfold yourself and throw a dart at it.

That was probably mildly funny in 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 am 

Oh noes, I’ve upset the sharks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 am 

houtkabouter wrote:

Not really. Your AE hate is rather dull.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:58 am 

Still sad :(

assfly wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Quite odd as Houts was a very similar player to AE... :nod:

Sardy stats, turned out to be the best stats, the greatest stats. Hout and Yank ended up wrong, bitter, and grouchy about it. Sad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 am 

Doesn't look like Junior is going to get a chance

Quote:
Erasmus was asked earlier in the week if there was a temptation to give Du Preez a chance to redeem himself and sweep away the disquiet he must be feeling, but the coach doesn’t believe it is necessary.

“Robert can do that in Super Rugby. A few good performances in Super Rugby will re-establish his confidence, but at the same time it would also be wrong to blame him alone for what happened in Washington. There were a lot of things the team did wrong there that led to him being in that position,” said Erasmus.

https://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/180620_Newlands_will_see_matured_Elton

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am 

No JLdP? PSdT is wasted at 7, should be locking.

Glad AE is finally getting his chance. Hopefully this spells the end for DDA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 am 

Rassie will be dof not to select AE. He was the standout player against Wales.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:42 am 

ox wagon wrote:
Sardy stats, turned out to be the best stats, the greatest stats. Hout and Yank ended up wrong, bitter, and grouchy about it. Sad.

So what you’re saying is Sardy is right because AE was selected to play this week?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:50 am 

houtkabouter wrote:
ox wagon wrote:

So what you’re saying is Sardy is right because AE was selected to play this week?

I havent seen a team announcement......

Lets please deal in facts and not pursue fantasies

Last edited by Sards on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:51 am 

OomPB wrote:
Rassie will be dof not to select AE. He was the standout player against Wales.

Perfect time to get him in.

Playing very well and it is not like he is replacing a player who is a lock for the team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:55 am 

sorCrer wrote:
assfly wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

I resent that, I never dropped a single ball.

Besides my issue with AE is that he’s just another example of a big Saffer lug running a crash ball. There’s no subtlety, when we had smarter centres like Du Plussis, Le Roux and Steyn, for example, we have played much better rugby.

I don’t think RjvR is the answer either, he’s the same mould. Do you remember Sards having a toss over him when he burst into the scene as well.

I would prefer us to even play someone like Lambie(I know he’s injured) there.

If AE learns to pass, properly not offload, then I wouldn’t have an issue with him. As it stands though, he’s completely incapable of passing off his wrong foot(his right one weirdly). Which means he’s easily analysed and negated.

But because he’s a pile of meat that can get a metre in a crash, people rate him.

Nonu was good when burst onto the scene as a crash Baller, he became great when he learned how to distribute and use his strategic brain.

When AE learns that I’ll be satisfied with him as an option.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 pm 

Times Sport June 18 2017
Quote:
Although firmly committing to the Sharks for the 2018 season young Sharks centre Andre Esterhuizen has confirmed that his agent has been approached by the Lions coaching staff with an offer to move the the Lions franchise for Super rugby 2019. Although talks are still at an early stage it is believed that the youngster can add value and depth to the Lions squad. Having reinvented himself for the 2018 season the Lions coaching staff are particularily impressed with his intelligent decision making and offloading skills.

Poaching twats must keep their hands off

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:09 pm 

Sards wrote:
Times Sport June 18 2017
Quote:
Although firmly committing to the Sharks for the 2018 season young Sharks centre Andre Esterhuizen has confirmed that his agent has been approached by the Lions coaching staff with an offer to move the the Lions franchise for Super rugby 2019. Although talks are still at an early stage it is believed that the youngster can add value and depth to the Lions squad. Having reinvented himself for the 2018 season the Lions coaching staff are particularily impressed with his intelligent decision making and offloading skills.

Sharks did a good job building AE. They must carry on, will have a better team next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:42 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
assfly wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

I resent that, I never dropped a single ball.

Besides my issue with AE is that he’s just another example of a big Saffer lug running a crash ball. There’s no subtlety, when we had smarter centres like Du Plussis, Le Roux and Steyn, for example, we have played much better rugby.

I don’t think RjvR is the answer either, he’s the same mould. Do you remember Sards having a toss over him when he burst into the scene as well.

I would prefer us to even play someone like Lambie(I know he’s injured) there.

If AE learns to pass, properly not offload, then I wouldn’t have an issue with him. As it stands though, he’s completely incapable of passing off his wrong foot(his right one weirdly). Which means he’s easily analysed and negated.

But because he’s a pile of meat that can get a metre in a crash, people rate him.

Nonu was good when burst onto the scene as a crash Baller, he became great when he learned how to distribute and use his strategic brain.

When AE learns that I’ll be satisfied with him as an option.

How do you rate Francous Venter, as 12 and 13 ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:54 pm 

Sards wrote:
Times Sport June 18 2017
Quote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: where are all the young Lions centres coming through? No need to steal from low-resource KZN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm 

Swys is the Bok backline (attack ) coach. Best position to be in, for a poacher.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Swys is the Bok backline (attack ) coach. Best position to be in, for a poacher.

The Lions poached him from the Sharks. He has been there , done that, got the Sharks jersey.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:22 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

The Lions poached him from the Sharks. He has been there , done that, got the Sharks jersey.

Wasn't he one of those who John Smit didn't want?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:27 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

In the current Bok set up please.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:27 pm 

sunnybanana wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
sunnybanana wrote:
AE was clearly our best player against Wales and has been mostly excellent all season for the Sharks. Ridiculously improved this year. DDA has been consistently poor now for the last 2 seasons at least and was awful on Saturday. There’s no point in making metres if you’re going to die with, or lose the ball as often as he does. It’s a no-brainer, AE has to start this weekend.

So since losing the ball in contact is the tie breaker here...as mentioned above, AE lost the ball a couple times and ruined a certain overlap is his last (or second last) SR match. One of the times he lost the ball it was in the process of trying to run over the defender pretty much over the try line. By your criteria he should certainly not be the option.

:?

It’s far from the tie breaker but it happening 4 times in one match is not something I can ever remember happening with AE. He’s also simply in better form.

4 Times...maybe hasn't happened yet but when one of the two was with AE practically over the try line and still trying to bounce a player (botched certain try) and then in the same game he also tried to run over another player instead of playing the overlap (botched certain try) but it's different because it's AE :lol:

Point is, your argument for playing AE instead of DDA is invalid using the criteria you cited. Ball security and "rugby smarts"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:29 pm 

englishchief wrote:
Sards wrote:
Times Sport June 18 2017
Quote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: where are all the young Lions centres coming through? No need to steal from low-resource KZN

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it's a windup....Just for Houts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:30 pm 

Sards wrote:
Jensrsa wrote:

For who? JLduP? Meh. He was poor in the first test and poor off the bench. Why does he deserve a start?

As for the FR, Rassie's explanation of why he starts Beast/Frans instead of Ginger/Thomas makes sense I guess...would also have preferred seeing Am get another go. Really hope Gelant gets the start.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:31 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
saffer13 wrote:

No boet, don't selective quote me now. Poor form.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next