Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Texas
Where:
Image

Venue:
Image

Kick 0ff
7.35 PM NZ time

Teams:
New Zealand
Image

All Blacks: 15. Ben Smith, 14. Waisake Naholo, 13. Jack Goodhue, 12. Sonny Bill Williams. 11. Rieko Ioane, 10. Damian McKenzie, 9. Aaron Smith, 8. Luke Whitelock, 7. Ardie Savea, 6. Shannon Frizell, 5. Scott Barrett, 4. Sam Whitelock ©, 3. Owen Franks, 2. Codie Taylor, 1. Joe Moody.

Reserves: Liam Coltman, Karl Tu'inufuake, Ofa Tuungafasi, Jackson Hemopo, Matt Todd, TJ Perenara, Richie Mo'unga, Jordie Barrett.

France
Image

France: 15 Benjamin Fall, 14 Teddy Thomas, 13 Remi Lamerat, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Gael Fickou, 10 Anthony Belleau, 9 Morgan Parra (c), 8 Kevin Gourdon, 7 Kelian Galletier, 6 Mathieu Babillot, 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Bernard Le Roux, 3 Uini Atonio, 2 Camille Chat, 1 Dany Priso

Replacements: 16 Adrien Pelissie, 17 Cyril Baille, 18 Cedate Gomes Sa, 19 Felix Lambey, 20 Alexandre Lapandry, 21 Baptiste Serin, 22 Jules Plisson, 23 Maxime Medard

Officials

Referee - John Lacey
Image
AR 1 - Angus Gardner
Image
AR 2 - Graham Cooper
Spoiler: show
Image

TMO - George Ayoub
Image


Last edited by Mr Mike on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22317
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top work - Officials pics are so topical


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21638
Well done Mike.

My only criticism would be that a little more black would balance out the red. . . .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37582
Location: in transit
:lol: :lol:

Excellent OP... the Mascot :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5056
the return of READ, SBW, NAHOLO, NMS on the cards? or will Hansen go the safe route again....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 43210
Best OP of the June internationals?

I reckon so


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12911
comets wrote:
the return of READ, SBW, NAHOLO, NMS on the cards? or will Hansen go the safe route again....

Read is out definitely. SBW is supposed to be fit enough to play. Naholo might be a shout when they re-jig the backline to replace Beauden.

Wouldn't mind seeing:

9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Rieko Ioane
12. SBW
13. Ryan Crotty
14. Waisake Naholo
15. Ben Smith

21. TJ Perenara,
22. Damian McKenzie,
23. Jordie Barrett


Last edited by The Native on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Texas
The Native wrote:
comets wrote:
the return of READ, SBW, NAHOLO, NMS on the cards? or will Hansen go the safe route again....

Read is out definitely. SBW is supposed to be fit enough to play. Naholo might be a shout when they re-jig the backline to replace Beauden.

Wouldn't mind seeing:

9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Rieko Ioane
12. SBW
13. Ryan Crotty
14. Waisake Nahol
15. Ben Smith

21. TJ Perenara,
22. Damian McKenzie,
23. Jordie Barrett

I’d like to see that, but who would you have as your replacement midfielder? Barrett, Smith or Ioane?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12911
Mr Mike wrote:
The Native wrote:
comets wrote:
the return of READ, SBW, NAHOLO, NMS on the cards? or will Hansen go the safe route again....

Read is out definitely. SBW is supposed to be fit enough to play. Naholo might be a shout when they re-jig the backline to replace Beauden.

Wouldn't mind seeing:

9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Rieko Ioane
12. SBW
13. Ryan Crotty
14. Waisake Naholo
15. Ben Smith

21. TJ Perenara,
22. Damian McKenzie,
23. Jordie Barrett

I’d like to see that, but who would you have as your replacement midfielder? Barrett, Smith or Ioane?

Ioane and/or Barrett. I think Ioane's future is at center and wouldn't be surprised if Jordie doesn't end up playing 2nd five in the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6616
Per the other thread i think DMaC needs time at 10 if he's the prefered backup 10 (even though i think Mounga is better). I think Bin should be 15 (with DMaC at 10) and Naholo in on the wing.

I don't think we should play SBW and Crotty this weekend - chances of them surviving a game is low.
If Mounga is 10 then Crotty should be 12 (and ALB 13) - for club continuity.

I'd also think about starting TJ over Aaron.
KG


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 43210
Just the backs at the moment

9 TJP
10 Mo'unga
11 Ioane
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue
14 Naholo
15 Smith

Bench
21 A Smith
22 Laumape
23 Jordie Barrett


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5056
crotty needs to be rested for crusaders next game, that guy has hd too many knocks, ALB at 13 or if hansen tries to be cute, Jordie at 13..if not ALB, i'd like Laumape there, i think he can develop a good paring on the right wing with naholo, 2 powerful ball runners on one side and the only 2 good BLUES players on the left wing :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2101
Location: Well South
guy smiley wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Excellent OP... the Mascot :thumbup:


Top OP :thumbup:

For the benefit of those who haven't heard the story - the chicken tackled and lowered a streaker in a copybook tackle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LG6WWbh2TY

I seem to recall it later turned out he was actually a local footballer and it was the first time in his life he'd ever attempted a rugby tackle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11277
Red card from 2nd test is cancelled.

Benjamin Fall is free to play in the 3rd test.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12073085


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1443
Auckman wrote:
Red card from 2nd test is cancelled.

Benjamin Fall is free to play in the 3rd test.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12073085

Quote:
"In reaching that conclusion, it is important to record, that no criticism is made of the referee nor, in our opinion, would any be warranted," the statement said. "Unlike the referee we had the benefit of all the video footage, which showed various angles of the incident. Unlike the referee we had the luxury of time to deliberate and consider, in private, the incident. In contrast, the referee was required to make his decision in a matter of minutes in the full gaze of the public and without the benefit of all the relevant material."

Smiles all round.
End of controversy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37582
Location: in transit
BillW wrote:
Auckman wrote:
Red card from 2nd test is cancelled.

Benjamin Fall is free to play in the 3rd test.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12073085

Quote:
"In reaching that conclusion, it is important to record, that no criticism is made of the referee nor, in our opinion, would any be warranted," the statement said. "Unlike the referee we had the benefit of all the video footage, which showed various angles of the incident. Unlike the referee we had the luxury of time to deliberate and consider, in private, the incident. In contrast, the referee was required to make his decision in a matter of minutes in the full gaze of the public and without the benefit of all the relevant material."

Smiles all round.
End of controversy.


:)

It won't end the controversy because the world is full of cnuts looking for a fight, but hopefully it sparks WR into looking at this more closely and trying to come up with a better method of sanctioning the play.

Good outcome and that quote you provided there is well worded. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 13945
The referee had a TMO, wanker.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5056
Auckman wrote:
Red card from 2nd test is cancelled.

Benjamin Fall is free to play in the 3rd test.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12073085


well tbf, he deserved a red card for taking out NZ's best player :P , his "take out" gave france a fighting chance and still they effed itup..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18321
BillW wrote:
Auckman wrote:
Red card from 2nd test is cancelled.

Benjamin Fall is free to play in the 3rd test.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12073085

Quote:
"In reaching that conclusion, it is important to record, that no criticism is made of the referee nor, in our opinion, would any be warranted," the statement said. "Unlike the referee we had the benefit of all the video footage, which showed various angles of the incident. Unlike the referee we had the luxury of time to deliberate and consider, in private, the incident. In contrast, the referee was required to make his decision in a matter of minutes in the full gaze of the public and without the benefit of all the relevant material."

Smiles all round.
End of controversy.


Oh boy.

This is sure to spark the match thread up to at least 8 pages.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18321
kiwigreg369 wrote:
Per the other thread i think DMaC needs time at 10 if he's the prefered backup 10 (even though i think Mounga is better). I think Bin should be 15 (with DMaC at 10) and Naholo in on the wing.

I don't think we should play SBW and Crotty this weekend - chances of them surviving a game is low.
If Mounga is 10 then Crotty should be 12 (and ALB 13) - for club continuity.

I'd also think about starting TJ over Aaron.
KG


10 Mo'unga
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue

Could be a chance.

I'd like to see Naholo get a run but not sure what the selectors will do there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am
Posts: 389
Location: Mostly in my own head
Dont think they will put Goodhue and Mo'unga would like to see the latter get a start. I would also like to see B Smith back at fullback.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5056
The Jordie experiment at 15 is over for now, play him there again in the TRC but for now, lets move Ben back to 15..Jordie is OK but kinda useless without his backline brother...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7067
RuggaBugga wrote:
kiwigreg369 wrote:
Per the other thread i think DMaC needs time at 10 if he's the prefered backup 10 (even though i think Mounga is better). I think Bin should be 15 (with DMaC at 10) and Naholo in on the wing.

I don't think we should play SBW and Crotty this weekend - chances of them surviving a game is low.
If Mounga is 10 then Crotty should be 12 (and ALB 13) - for club continuity.

I'd also think about starting TJ over Aaron.
KG


10 Mo'unga
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue

Could be a chance.

I'd like to see Naholo get a run but not sure what the selectors will do there.

I think SBW if fit should get a run out, even if just from the bench. If he is in fact our first choice 12 he needs the game time. Similarly if the AB first choice is supposed to be still SBW+Crotty that's who should start IMO. Forget the cotton wool. They're either ready or they're not and if they're ready the combination needs a run out together before the RC.

I'd actually like to see a SBW/Goodhue team up, but doubt that will get trialed till necessity calls.

Not too fussed as to who starts at 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17789
Mo’money HAS to start. It’s time to start building RWC squad depth, and DMac might be ideal utility cover but he is not starting test 10 material.

Not too keen on Ricci. An inconsistent lineout operator and often looks lost in bigger games. Running out of hooker options, though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7067
naki wrote:
Mo’money HAS to start. It’s time to start building RWC squad depth, and DMac might be ideal utility cover but he is not starting test 10 material.

Not too keen on Ricci. An inconsistent lineout operator and often looks lost in bigger games. Running out of hooker options, though

BB's pretty much definitely out right? Between DMac and Mo'unga I'd hope they both get decent game time but which of them starts I think there's pros and cons both ways. DMac needs the chance to get his act together there, conversely Richie needs his chance to steer the ship.

Riccitelli would have happily slotted in at the start of the super rugby season but his formed tailed off a bit before the break. Hopefully he just needed a rest, he took on a huge workload week in week out there for a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1979
Combos might be the thing: How about matching Smith, Mounga and Crotty? Speed of delivery inside, and reliable familiar face outside. Otherwise it should be D Mac, SBW and ALB together maybe? Either way give Naholo a crack on the right, Ben to 15 again, and Reiko on the left. TJP, DMac, Laumape/SBW (?) on the bench.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:27 am
Posts: 389
Location: Mostly in my own head
9 Smith
10 Mo'unga
11 Ioane
12 SBW
13 Crotty
14 Naholo
15 Smith

Bench
21 TJP
22 Laumape
23 D Mac

Would be my choice but Hansen loves putting pressure on player to see how they go. More worried about what our forwards are going to look like :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2358
Think Tahuriorangi should get a run off the bench in this one. We've got about 16 tests left before the WC, and no capped third halfback. If Smith or TJ went down we'd be in trouble.

Squire & Fifita are both in doubt by the sound of it. With Taufua injured too, that pretty much leaves Frizell as the only option to start at 6. Unless Shag doesn't think he's ready and wants to start Cane & Savea in some combination.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 556
BillW wrote:
Auckman wrote:
Red card from 2nd test is cancelled.

Benjamin Fall is free to play in the 3rd test.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12073085

Quote:
"In reaching that conclusion, it is important to record, that no criticism is made of the referee nor, in our opinion, would any be warranted," the statement said. "Unlike the referee we had the benefit of all the video footage, which showed various angles of the incident. Unlike the referee we had the luxury of time to deliberate and consider, in private, the incident. In contrast, the referee was required to make his decision in a matter of minutes in the full gaze of the public and without the benefit of all the relevant material."

Smiles all round.
End of controversy.


Ref had the same with the TMO etc. More IRB bollocks.

Actually get rid of the TMO and lets just go with the refs instinct!!

They are getting no more right or wrong with this TMO bollocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5974
Location: Madrid
comets wrote:
The Jordie experiment at 15 is over for now, play him there again in the TRC but for now, lets move Ben back to 15..Jordie is OK but kinda useless without his backline brother...


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5974
Location: Madrid
I don't give f-ck who they select, I just wanna see them play decent game where there is some sort of obvious plan to smash it up the middle and go wide when it's on. I'd like the ABs to start showing they have the patience to score phase play tries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5269
I thought Coltman was the next cab off the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm
Posts: 3871
As a neutral I just home the french don't get f**ked by the ref for the third test in a row.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2970
Location: Switzerland
RWC2015 wrote:
As a neutral I just home the french don't get f**ked by the ref for the third test in a row.

Strange some thought the ref was having a great game in the first test....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5974
Location: Madrid
RWC2015 wrote:
As a neutral I just home the french don't get f**ked by the ref for the third test in a row.


Look at you desperate for some kiwi attention again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am
Posts: 267
Location: Christchurch
Kiwias wrote:
Just the backs at the moment

9 TJP
10 Mo'unga
11 Ioane
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue
14 Naholo
15 Smith

Bench
21 A Smith
22 Laumape
23 Jordie Barrett


I'd like to see this as well, really hoping Mo'unga gets a start, more than deserving of it. On super rugby form Mckenzie is not a 10, I've always felt he's more dangerous at 15 he doesn't have the ball playing skills and game management to be a great 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7230
RWC2015 wrote:
As a neutral I just home the french don't get f**ked by the ref for the third test in a row.


fantastic slip this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12911
JPNZ wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Just the backs at the moment

9 TJP
10 Mo'unga
11 Ioane
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue
14 Naholo
15 Smith

Bench
21 A Smith
22 Laumape
23 Jordie Barrett


I'd like to see this as well, really hoping Mo'unga gets a start, more than deserving of it. On super rugby form Mckenzie is not a 10, I've always felt he's more dangerous at 15 he doesn't have the ball playing skills and game management to be a great 10.

Harsh and premature. DMac is an amazing talent and we're lucky to have him. He also has the selectors faith. If he were to start at 10 this weekend there will likely be a lot of grimaces and handwringing, especially after last week, but he'll only develop through exposure at the top level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 5730
Kiwias wrote:
Just the backs at the moment

9 TJP
10 Mo'unga
11 Ioane
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue
14 Naholo
15 Smith

Bench
21 A Smith
22 Laumape
23 Jordie Barrett


:thumbup:

I'd like to see this lineup. I prefer seeing midfield backs in the centers rather than a cumbersome loose forward (SBW) stymieing the backplay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37582
Location: in transit
The Native wrote:
JPNZ wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Just the backs at the moment

9 TJP
10 Mo'unga
11 Ioane
12 Crotty
13 Goodhue
14 Naholo
15 Smith

Bench
21 A Smith
22 Laumape
23 Jordie Barrett


I'd like to see this as well, really hoping Mo'unga gets a start, more than deserving of it. On super rugby form Mckenzie is not a 10, I've always felt he's more dangerous at 15 he doesn't have the ball playing skills and game management to be a great 10.

Harsh and premature. DMac is an amazing talent and we're lucky to have him. He also has the selectors faith. If he were to start at 10 this weekend there will likely be a lot of grimaces and handwringing, especially after last week, but he'll only develop through exposure at the top level.


Interesting and brave theory...

exposure at Soup level hasn't really developed his amazing talent at 10.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 886 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], booze, Brumbie_Steve, crash 669, de_Selby, diarm, duke, Google Adsense [Bot], Jeff the Bear, kiweez, Leinsterman, Liquid_Len, lorcanoworms, Marshall Banana, mr bungle, Mullet 2, rabble, Risteard, RodneyRegis, Rumham, Santa, Sensible Stephen, tc27, Tehui, The Sun God, Tim13, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group