Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22 am 

New season, new thread.

Questions to be answered this season:

Who will win the Stanely Cup?

Will the Battle of Alberta have a play off edition this year?

Will Carolina and Arizona make it through the season?

Can McJesus get Edmonton rated in the Lonely Planet and back into the playoffs?

Who early in the season will Rasmus Dahlin get concussed?

Can the Canucks actually win the draft lottery, they will be hosting it in 2019?

Which American team will get the Bettman love?

Can Toronto break the Canada Stanley Cup curse? (God I hope not)

Where will Erik Karlsson end up?

Last edited by CanNZ2000 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:32 am 

My answers:

CanNZ2000 wrote:

Who will win the Stanely Cup? Pittsburgh

Will the Battle of Alberta have a play off edition this year? No, Edmonton won't make it again.

Will Carolina and Arizona make it through the season? Only with a loan from the NHL.

Can McJesus get Edmonton rated in the Lonely Planet and back into the playoffs? No.

Who early in the season will Rasmus Dahlin get concussed? By, Christmas

Can the Canucks actually win the draft lottery, they will be hosting it in 2019? No, the curse lives on. They will finish last but lose the lottery and get 2nd pick.

Which American team will get the Bettman love? Seattle, they will get a franchise.

Can Toronto break the Canada Stanley Cup curse? (God I hope not) No, they will lose in the conference finals.

Where will Erik Karlsson end up? Vegas. They will go in and land him and lose again in the conference finals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:41 am 

[quote="CanNZ2000"]New season, new thread.

- The Maple Leafs; yes, they will

- Missed last year but I think they will do it. I like the Neal signing for the Flames; if that Swede comes through for them, Calgary has improved their forwards. Vegas' year has to be a one-off, and LA is old and slow. Those two teams will fall, I call.

- Yeah, they will. Both teams might even surprise.

- Did not know Lonely Planet was still a thing; it is so 90s, like the Oilers' management. The team has to lighten up on their micromanagement of its players. Draisaitl has also learned not to hit on Nurse's sister; there should be less "behind the scenes" stuff this year.

- Is Matt Cooke still in the league - he would be my choice.

Can the Canucks actually win the draft lottery, they will be hosting it in 2019?

- Yeah, they will. And they will draft the 5' 8" forward brother of their 2018 1st pick 5' 7" d-man. He will go with the finesse Swede at centre and Baertschi on the wing. What are the Canucks doing with the money they paid the Sedins, counting it?

- Seattle is signed, sealed and delivered. Never bet against Bettman. He is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

- See above. Sportsnet will go orgasmic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:45 am 

canuckles wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
New season, new thread.

- The Maple Leafs; yes, they will

- Missed last year but I think they will do it. I like the Neal signing for the Flames; if that Swede comes through for them, Calgary has improved their forwards. Vegas' year has to be a one-off, and LA is old and slow. Those two teams will fall, I call.

- Yeah, they will. Both teams might even surprise.

- Did not know Lonely Planet was still a thing; it is so 90s, like the Oilers' management. The team has to lighten up on their micromanagement of its players. Draisaitl has also learned not to hit on Nurse's sister; there should be less "behind the scenes" stuff this year.

- Is Matt Cooke still in the league - he would be my choice.

- Yeah, they will. And they will draft the 5' 8" forward brother of their 2018 1st pick 5' 7" d-man. He will go with the finesse Swede at centre and Baertschi on the wing. What are the Canucks doing with the money they paid the Sedins, counting it?

- Seattle is signed, sealed and delivered. Never bet against Bettman. He is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

- See above. Sportsnet will go orgasmic.

Will you also learn how to properly quote a post?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:50 am 

Questions, questions. There is my way and there is the highway. I don't do photos, either: a roadmap and an apple will suffice.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:52 am 

canuckles wrote:
Questions, questions. There is my way and there is the highway. I don't do photos, either: a roadmap and an apple will suffice.

Actually, I think TSN would go more orgasmic than Sportsnet. Also, enjoy driving on the highway home.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:22 pm 

G'mornin'. Just saw that about Tavares (lots of drinking last little while), well who woulda thunk that. :D . But we all know it's just a guessing game - he could have just as easily stayed.

Canny, not sure I can post more. I'm not knowledgeable enough on all of these topics and we know you have to be aces to post on this forum. Will do my best though.

I think Karlson might end up staying, and it will be Alfredson that helps that.

Is Seattle a reality?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:40 pm 

Snooze wrote:
G'mornin'. Just saw that about Tavares (lots of drinking last little while), well who woulda thunk that. :D . But we all know it's just a guessing game - he could have just as easily stayed.

JT is a stud, which seems appropriate as he is named after a stud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rFIsS5pfdE

This is amazing work.

Quote:
Canny, not sure I can post more. I'm not knowledgeable enough on all of these topics and we know you have to be aces to post on this forum. Will do my best though.

You only have to post better content than Canny....................bar is set low....

Quote:
I think Karlson might end up staying, and it will be Alfredson that helps that.

Is Seattle a reality?

I think there is too much bad blood between him and ownership.

I will say I like the Neal deal. 5 years for a 30/31 yr old who, IIRC, doesn't have an injury history. Also, it doesn't have a no trade/move clause, which means they can move him anytime and don't have to protect him in expansion (which is coming).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:25 pm 

Ouch Canny, you can't take that shit from the fat yank.

Read an article (or part of one - OCD) where Karlsson must be traded. Apparently the relationship is too toxic at the Sens. So where?? Could he really end up in Vegas, or that powerhouse Vancouver team. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:32 pm 

It's kind of sad watching hornets try to be the tough guy. Mr. 'my son has lacrosse on the weekend, so I can't go to the test.'

Karlsson will go to the west, either SJ or Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:00 pm 

Instead of will Carolina and Arizona make it through the year, will Ottawa?

The team shows how quickly something can go south. If the Ottawa GM, who seems to be out of his depth, said the dressing room was broken, why did he not start to fix it late in the season before the Hoffman's fiance stuff became public? I think Ottawa does not have its 1st Round pick in the draft next summer, likely a lottery pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:45 pm 

Snooze wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It says Not America Phuck Yeah!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:46 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
It's kind of sad watching hornets try to be the tough guy. Mr. 'my son has lacrosse on the weekend, so I can't go to the test.'

It still ain't to late to sign up and play rugby this season.

We could use a man of your extensive rugby knowledge.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:54 pm 

hornets wrote:
Snooze wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I know exactly where you are . . .

From TSN today"

Quote:
"I think we're down to a three-horse race here between the Vegas Golden Knights, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Dallas Stars," Garrioch told Reda.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:25 pm 

Snooze wrote:

Quote:
"I think we're down to a three-horse race here between the Vegas Golden Knights, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Dallas Stars," Garrioch told Reda.

He can stay out East.

I don't want to see him in the West.

No good can come of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:36 am 

Snooze wrote:
hornets wrote:
Snooze wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I know exactly where you are . . .

From TSN today"

Quote:

He left the Americas? Is he back on station over in Europe?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:36 am 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

You should be nicer to me. I met to Calgary Highlanders today and thanked them for their service.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

You should be nicer to me. I met to Calgary Highlanders today and thanked them for their service.

As you should, those boys are legends.....

Flames have 5 arb cases, which allows a second buy out window in August, bye bye Brouwer???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:53 pm 

My brother in law is a massive Islanders fan and the fact Tavares has signed with the Leafs is the gift that keeps on giving. Gold. :lol:

Beyond that, how many laughing emoticons is too much in response to the fan who posts way too many crying emoticons?

Asking for a friend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:33 pm 

Burrows has retired. Now is an assistant coach with Laval.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:49 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
Burrows has retired. Now is an assistant coach with Laval.

Laval how could you hire that sack of shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:17 pm 

Linden steps down the "pursue other business interests". Nobody just does that in this game without their being a rift to help that decision. wonder what was bubbling under the surface. The Aqualini's are cnuts so a good chance they didn't see eye to eye.

Iginla to officially announce his retirement. Every person who supports the Flames (and particularly those of this parrish) :P , and every person who is ever involved with the organisation, is a fukcing plum of the highest order - Except Mr J Iginla. Would really like to see him straight into coaching or mentoring. I reckon he has so much to offer the young lads coming thru.

Edut for links. But fudge it - tsn.ca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:37 pm 

1 rumour about Linden is that he wanted to re-sign Edler for about 4 years and Benning and the owners want to trade him for assets. Should be noted that Linden ' s wide and Edler ' s wife are good friends, apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:50 pm 

So does this give Benning more power with the owners, or is he, too, on the clock?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:31 am 

The story below is out of TO, but a bit of good old skulduggery in the good ship Canucks.

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/si ... er-canucks

The story isn’t quite as it appeared: Trevor Linden did not amicably agree to leave the presidency of the Vancouver Canucks. He was, for lack of a better word, fired by owner Francesco Aquilini.

This is a messy story, still to be explored in full, of the Vancouver legend, Linden, who could no longer operate in the toxic environment of the Canucks front office and ownership.

Linden was caught in the middle of a power struggle and a hockey struggle of sorts, with an impatient Aquilini on one side and his general manager, Jim Benning, and personnel man, John Weisbrod, nastily selling out the team president in exchange for their own power and security.

All this coming after Linden went to bat for Benning in order to get his contract extended. Benning got extended. Linden got shown the door.

And those on the inside are still somewhat shocked at the lack of loyalty Benning demonstrated to Linden and how the GM and Weisbrod played footsy with ownership, who isn’t so committed to a long-term rebuild and really, wants to make the playoffs now.

Linden has yet to speak publicly about his departure in a place where he is still considered something of a hero. He did issue a statement on leaving the Canucks. He never did mention Aquilini or Benning in his goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:41 pm 

My god if that is all true, probably is, then I have lost a lot of respect for Benning. To be honest, I thought Aquaman would give the Canucks 1 more season as bottom dwellers, we are hosting the draft next year and having the number 1 pick would have been a draw, but seems like he isn't. What is weird about this is that it seems that almost everyone was on the same page as per Hughes. It seems like it was the signings, which I wasn't really in favour of, that Linden didn't like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:21 pm 

Jarome Iginla finally accepts reality and has officially retired from the NHL. Next up, Jaromir Jagr.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:26 pm 

Jagr is still going in the KHL isn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:53 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
Jarome Iginla finally accepts reality and has officially retired from the NHL. Next up, Jaromir Jagr.

Come on son, Iggy was one of the best pure goal scorers in the history of the league. He is 15th all time with 625 and 1300 pts total. He is one of 7 players in NHL history to score 30 goals in 11 consecutive seasons.

Have a little respect.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Come on son, Iggy was one of the best pure goal scorers in the history of the league. He is 15th all time with 625 and 1300 pts total. He is one of 7 players in NHL history to score 30 goals in 11 consecutive seasons.

Have a little respect.

That was easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:04 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Have a little respect.

That was easy.

Stay classy Vancouver.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:27 pm 

Brouwer bought out in Calgary, destined for Edmonton me thinks. Stone gets a crazy amount of money for being average. Q. Hughes apparently playing very well at the summer world junior tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:48 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
Brouwer bought out in Calgary, destined for Edmonton me thinks. Stone gets a crazy amount of money for being average. Q. Hughes apparently playing very well at the summer world junior tournament.

Is Hughes the one the Canucks drafted this year, or the one they will draft next year when they finish last?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:53 pm 

this year

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:03 pm 

Humboldt back on the ice last night. It was a real tear jerker and I for one had a lot of trouble with dust in the room. Great celebration of hockey though, and seeing how some of the lads (11 survivors I think) have come through is remarkable. I think 2 are still in hospital 5 months later, but one was out in a wheelchair for the occasion. Best of luck to them and all those affected (must hundreds if not thousands).

NHL chatter ramping up, but there's a bit of a deathly quiet around Vancouver - wonder why. :?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:38 pm 

Canucks are in an interesting spot. If they stay healthy, I don't think they are that bad. Don't think they will make the playoffs either but shouldn't finish bottom 3 unless injuries pile up. Will be interesting to see how Elias Pettersson does in his first year. Gaudette could make the team too. Unless they move out someone on D, Joulevi will probably start in the minors but be first call up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm 

Wearing the flying skate again too :o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm 

Also, apparently a western conference team has made a very serious offer to Ottawa for Karlsson. Rumour is that it was Vegas, what are the odds that he will be traded before the season starts? Got to be good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:50 pm 

Vegas is in a tough spot. They have to keep the momentum going. I heard they traded for Pacioretty.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:52 pm 

Plastic Sarrie wrote:
Wearing the flying skate again too :o

The one going downhill. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next