Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:58 pm 

Snooze wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Seattle is now in, start playing in the 2021 - 2022 season. Arizona moves from Pacific to Central division to accommodate. Hopefully the Canucks got a promise from the NHL to allow for this. Since the Canucks are hosting the draft next summer, 'winning' the draft and picking 1OA is a nice consolation prize for an encroachment on their territory.

Will the establishment of a Seattle franchise undermine the profitability/popularity of Vancouver?

Potentially. Toronto and Buffalo both have opposed a second Toronto area team based on that argument.

I don't think so Canny. The amount of people who travel from WA to BC for a hockey game per year would about 3. So it won't affect crowd numbers but may affect things like merchandise sales. Probably quite a few (northern) WA'ers would support Canucks over, say SJ, so we may lose them. So that will affect merchandise and TV viewing, but not much else.

Still worthy of receiving the 1st overall pick as compensation though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:59 pm 

village wrote:
On the other hand, adding a local rival might be seen as adding something to the Canucks. Those Pacific West derbies could become something special.

Does this mean the dream of the Nordiques return is dead?

What Jeremy Jacobs wants, Jeremy Jacobs gets. He tells Bettman what to do.

I caught the Bruins at Panthers highlights last night, and it looked to be about 4000-5000 in the building, and probably half were Bruins fans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 pm 

So have the Oilers fired their GM yet? My god, apparently they are now looking to trade for wingers to play with McDavid. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't make this shit up. Perhaps they need a few more 1 overall picks to get back on track? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:19 pm 

Flames 5th in the League

All We Do is Win Win Win Win

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:11 pm 

canuckles wrote:
village wrote:
On the other hand, adding a local rival might be seen as adding something to the Canucks. Those Pacific West derbies could become something special.

I caught the Bruins at Panthers highlights last night, and it looked to be about 4000-5000 in the building, and probably half were Bruins fans.

Isnt it the case in the NHL that only a small handful (original 6 and a few select markets) make money, the overwhelming majority tread water or lose money.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:08 pm 

The Rock wrote:
canuckles wrote:
village wrote:

Isnt it the case in the NHL that only a small handful (original 6 and a few select markets) make money, the overwhelming majority tread water or lose money.

You have to keep in mind that some NHL teams own the arenas they play in and some teams 'control' the operations of the arenas they play in. I believe merchandising goes to central finances. If so, every team would get a cut from last year's sales of Knights sweaters-a license to print money. It might be coincidental that as the Canadian loonie has tanked the last few years the NHL is again expanding.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 am 

Another 5 point game for Pettersson, ho hum. :nod: :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:14 pm 

What has happened to Neal since he joined the Flames? Seven minutes to go last night, Flames putting on tremendous pressure, Gaudreau dancing and dangling behind the Oilers' net and Neal was hanging at the top of the circles: get to the front of the net and get dirty. It seems a mumber of free agents who sign with Canadian teams become busts. Technically, a good game last night. Both the Flames and the Oilers have really cleaned up in their defensive zones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:25 pm 

canuckles wrote:
What has happened to Neal since he joined the Flames? Seven minutes to go last night, Flames putting on tremendous pressure, Gaudreau dancing and dangling behind the Oilers' net and Neal was hanging at the top of the circles: get to the front of the net and get dirty. It seems a mumber of free agents who sign with Canadian teams become busts. Technically, a good game last night. Both the Flames and the Oilers have really cleaned up in their defensive zones.

yeah, that is a surprise. He seems to be playing on the 3rd line too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 am 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
canuckles wrote:

It is a little odd, but the rest of the league should be happy Neal is shitting the bed and our goal tending is all over the map.

Hell if we get some above average goal tending look out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 am 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
canuckles wrote:

It is a little odd, but the rest of the league should be happy Neal is shitting the bed and our goal tending is all over the map.

Hell if we get some above average goal tending look out.

The Flames of this year remind me a lot of the '02 - '04Canucks. A great first line, good overall D and a bit suspect goaltending. I can see you guys finishing first in the conference and going out first round, wouldn't surprise me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:20 am 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
Seattle is now in, start playing in the 2021 - 2022 season. Arizona moves from Pacific to Central division to accommodate.

:lol:

Phoenix in the same geographical division as Nashville, Chicago, and St. Louis? Can we just axe the thought that the NHL gives a shit about this franchise and they're going to be moved as soon as Bettman and the league can save face on it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
Seattle is now in, start playing in the 2021 - 2022 season. Arizona moves from Pacific to Central division to accommodate.

:lol:

Phoenix in the same geographical division as Nashville, Chicago, and St. Louis? Can we just axe the thought that the NHL gives a shit about this franchise and they're going to be moved as soon as Bettman and the league can save face on it?

I don't know man, Bettman has done a tonne to keep the Yotes in there.

IMO they should have been moved years ago, phuck didn't the NHL take over ownership for a while? The league payed the teams bills at one point. I would say that the NHL has bent over backwards to look after them.

The Yotes will move once Bettman isn't involved in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:32 pm 

Quiet game from Pettersson last night, only two points.

Now have 32 points in 27 games! Damn he is good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:40 pm 

Blackhawks mascot beat up a fan :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYvbAKKSWk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:37 pm 

Petterssen close to Bure's franchise record for consecutive games with assists

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:50 am 

Good guys beat the bad guys 4 - 2 last night. Pettersson with a goal, McDavid with just an assist and a hissy fit(coach included).

Pettersson now has a 7 game point streak, longest in Canucks history for a rookie, and is 1 off of tying the Canuck record held by some guy named Bure.

But the real winner of the nigh was Gene Principe. Don't know what drugs he is on but I hope Canuckles has not been exposed to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgqH01abDEg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 am 

Selanne :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:03 pm 

Plastic Sarrie wrote:

Selanne :shock:

Selanne, what a stone cold beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtk6yVqDy3Q

Little Hornets history, I was at that game Jets v Nordiques.

Crazy game the roof blew off that place when he scored.

Petterson will be good, good enough to save Van, not this year but there are some nice pieces. I mean not Flames nice, but not bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:27 pm 

Snooze wrote:
Calgary should be relegated. Opening day, all the stars aligning for the Flames, and BOOM!! Meet the new kids on the block.

One assume hornets is suitably embarrassed.

Nice to see things have changed from opening day.

2nd in the League, 4 players over 50pts, one in the top 3 for scoring in the league.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:34 pm 

Hornets is here, Flames must be doing well. Hope he comes back when they have their first round elimination due to so-so goaltending. More I think about it, the more these Flames remind me of the early 2000s Canucks. Great first line, good overall D and average goaltending.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
Hornets is here, Flames must be doing well. Hope he comes back when they have their first round elimination due to so-so goaltending. More I think about it, the more these Flames remind me of the early 2000s Canucks. Great first line, good overall D and average goaltending.

average, I would say above average for Rittich, sitting 12 in the league

Smith is Garbage.

You should watch more Flames game, our D is impressive, not too many teams in the league running a 3rd pairing of two rookies, while waiting for a 3rd rookie to return from injury.

Hell, could you imagine if Neal wasn't useless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Smith is Garbage.

You should watch more Flames game, our D is impressive, not too many teams in the league running a 3rd pairing of two rookies, while waiting for a 3rd rookie to return from injury.

Yeah, you might have two solid attacking lines not one. Hence again the Canucks comparison. Rittich, get back to me in another month or two, lots of goalies have had hot starts only to cool down completely. Still think you guys are due for a first round exit unless Trevling brings in some added help. A second line centre would be a good start.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:42 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Smith is Garbage.

Yeah, you might have two solid attacking lines not one. Hence again the Canucks comparison. Rittich, get back to me in another month or two, lots of goalies have had hot starts only to cool down completely. Still think you guys are due for a first round exit unless Trevling brings in some added help. A second line centre would be a good start.

Canucks fans would sell their collective left nut to have those problems.

Also it's past mid-season, it isn't a "hot start". You should focus you concerns on Pettersson, doesn't look very good when your star rookie can't string together a full season.......

The Flames have run with and beaten top team in the league. This isn't fluke, 3 rd pairings that could walk onto the Canucks top to pairings.

Maybe have him eat a sandwich to put on some muscle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:49 pm 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Smith is Garbage.

Canucks fans would sell their collective left nut to have those problems.

Also it's past mid-season, it isn't a "hot start". You should focus you concerns on Pettersson, doesn't look very good when your star rookie can't string together a full season.......

The Flames have run with and beaten top team in the league. This isn't fluke, 3 rd pairings that could walk onto the Canucks top to pairings.

Maybe have him eat a sandwich to put on some muscle.

Yes, because McDavid, Gaudreau, Matthews and other top talented players have never missed any time? :roll: Give him more then one season before you call him injury prone. Hell the second injury was a complete fluke play, everyone has said that. Yes the Canucks need to protect him better and that will come, hopefully.

Canucks in 2002-2003(?) season had a 10-0 run as well. They ran with the big boys too and then their goaltending let them down at the crucial moment. The similarities are all there. They had a deep overall D too only to see 1 position fail them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:03 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:

The Flames have been impressive, especially with the play they have received between the pipes. Their goalie yesterday let in two stinkers but they still won. Brodie seems to be getting back on track. His play dropped significantly last year. The Flames have really cleaned up in front of their net. It has been their downfall the past few years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:

Yes, because McDavid, Gaudreau, Matthews and other top talented players have never missed any time? :roll: Give him more then one season before you call him injury prone. Hell the second injury was a complete fluke play, everyone has said that. Yes the Canucks need to protect him better and that will come, hopefully.

Canucks in 2002-2003(?) season had a 10-0 run as well. They ran with the big boys too and then their goaltending let them down at the crucial moment. The similarities are all there. They had a deep overall D too only to see 1 position fail them.

Do you follow the NHL?

The league is a top line league now.

Tampa are a top line team, after the top line it drops off.

You should spend your time looking for deals on Bubble Wrap for that little fella out on the coast.

A few quick stats:

1st in the West
2nd overall in the league
Best Canadian team in terms of pts
3rd best goal differential
tied for first best road record
tied for second for ROW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:57 pm 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Do you follow the NHL?

You should spend your time looking for deals on Bubble Wrap for that little fella out on the coast.

A few quick stats:

1st in the West
tied for second for ROW

Yes, they are having a great regular season, no one is denying that. Let's see how they do in the playoffs and how their rookie goalie handles that pressure. As far as I can remember the President's Trophy means nothing in the NHL and regular season success does not always translate into playoff success.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Do you follow the NHL?

A few quick stats:

1st in the West
tied for second for ROW

Yes, they are having a great regular season, no one is denying that. Let's see how they do in the playoffs and how their rookie goalie handles that pressure. As far as I can remember the President's Trophy means nothing in the NHL and regular season success does not always translate into playoff success.

shhhh it's ok, I am sure success is right around the corner for Van

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 am 

hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:
hornets wrote:
CanNZ2000 wrote:

Do you follow the NHL?

A few quick stats:

1st in the West
tied for second for ROW

shhhh it's ok, I am sure success is right around the corner for Van

That's the spirit, it is so close the fans in Van can almost taste it! I am hearing that Moosehead and Snooze are organizing a practice riot in preparation for the success.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am 

Leafs doing their best impression of the French rugby team.

Losing to teams they should beat, including at home, while occasionally beating a superior side.

I have the occasional flutter on the NHL but I never bet on the Leafs, even though they are my team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 pm 

I am not doing anything of the sort. I'm a peace loving hippy freak like all west coasters. It's the blow-in Albertans that fudge it up for others.

Hornets, you're sounding like a right arsehole I have to say. You'd think you had something to do with this hockey shit. Just enjoy it and stop the wanky gloating. Not a good look.

Feel sorry for Petterson, that injury was so freakish. But he's gotta learn to skate away from that stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:41 pm 

Snooze wrote:
I am not doing anything of the sort. I'm a peace loving hippy freak like all west coasters. It's the blow-in Albertans that fudge it up for others.

Hornets, you're sounding like a right arsehole I have to say. You'd think you had something to do with this hockey shit. Just enjoy it and stop the wanky gloating. Not a good look.

Feel sorry for Petterson, that injury was so freakish. But he's gotta learn to skate away from that stuff.

No one is denying they are having a great regular season, but the similarities to the Canucks of the previous decade are eerily similar. He did go all precious over them though, All Black fans would have been proud of it. I was talking to one of my coworkers about them yesterday, he is a die hard Flames fan, said he thinks they will win a round but probably go out in the 2nd. He also is worried about goaltending and how the refs call the post season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:25 pm 

Also just checked the injury list of each team, Calgary has a total of 86 (mostly Hamonic's face, Valimka or Frolik's injury) man games lost to injury compared to Vancouver's 143 - mostly be Baetschi, Sutton, Beagle and Edler. Not saying we would be up there with Calgary, we wouldn't be this year, if we were as healthy but it does help us stay near the bottom in the standings.

Edit:

Edmonton has 99 man games lost to injury - 40 of them being Sekera alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
Snooze wrote:

No one is denying they are having a great regular season, but the similarities to the Canucks of the previous decade are eerily similar. He did go all precious over them though, All Black fans would have been proud of it. I was talking to one of my coworkers about them yesterday, he is a die hard Flames fan, said he thinks they will win a round but probably go out in the 2nd. He also is worried about goaltending and how the refs call the post season.

I spoke to a Canucks fan that I work with and she thinks the Flames will win the cup.

If ya can't be a kunt on the internet what the phuck is it for, Jesus Boys.

Go Flames GO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 am 

Snoop Dog commentating on hockey! It is a beautiful thing.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/10 ... 8605290496

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm 

No hornets today? TBF, picking on the Oilers is pretty easy now. Wow, they can screw up everything, even a skills comp.

So apparently the Oilers are desperately looking for forward help. :lol: Now is the time to take advantage of them!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 am 

CanNZ2000 wrote:
No hornets today? TBF, picking on the Oilers is pretty easy now. Wow, they can screw up everything, even a skills comp.

So apparently the Oilers are desperately looking for forward help. :lol: Now is the time to take advantage of them!

I didn't want to upset anyone...............................

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 am 

Thought this would be fully appreciated here rather than on the pics thread ... caption from my source was "Looks like McDavid has been scoring meth from Gritty"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Thought this would be fully appreciated here rather than on the pics thread ... caption from my source was "Looks like McDavid has been scoring meth from Gritty"

That is what four years with the Oilers will do to a guy.

McDavid has taken some punishment lately. An opposing player coughs near Pettersson and Canucks fans become outraged. A game last week McDavid gets crosschecked in the back and goes head first to the boards with a ref five feet away looking on, no call. Oilers fans, and I am not one of them, should be upset.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next