Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Liaina over on debut!

Well done, kiddo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Akira is on for the last few minutes! I guess if you travel all the way down there you want to stretch your legs...

Choat on debut over now!

And he wins the turnover to end the game. Nicely done.

Auckland win, 56-8. Southland with a 3 day turnaround and a million changes - so yeah... rough on them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13064
Many of us were picking 100 point loss, guess the cold caught AKL out. Pretty sure I saw an Auckland water boy sporting a Stags beanie :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13064
Who was main TV commentator tonight?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
mr bungle wrote:
Who was main TV commentator tonight?


No idea!

I had a flick through the start of the game, and HT, but didn't see a name. No graphic popped up and he didn't introduce himself.

This is gonna bug me now...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9940
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Auckland number 1 baby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13064
Marshall Banana wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Who was main TV commentator tonight?


No idea!

I had a flick through the start of the game, and HT, but didn't see a name. No graphic popped up and he didn't introduce himself.

This is gonna bug me now...


Better than Richard Turner as the lead commentator, which we've had in recent times. He's such a bloody dawdler. Spit it out Pod!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 4686
Location: NZ
That loss, their 20th in a row, was a record breaker for Southland. They have relieved Northland of the unwanted title of most consecutive losses in the top divisions. They still have some way to go to catch East Coast who hold the record across all divisions at 40 losses and counting, dating back to 2013.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Coles is back....


The Wellington Lions squad to meet Taranaki is:

15 Wes Goosen (Old Boys University)
14 Ben Lam (Tawa)
13 Matt Proctor (Oriental-Rongotai) (c)
12 Billy Proctor (Marist St Pats)
11 Malo Tuitama (Oriental-Rongotai)
10 Jackson Garden-Bachop (Northern United)
9 Kemara Hauiti-Parapara (Tawa)
8 Teariki Ben-Nicholas (Old Boys University)
7 Mateaki Kafatolu (Petone)
6 Vaea Fifita (Wellington)
5 Isaia Walker-Leawere (Poneke)
4 James Blackwell (Petone)
3 Jeff To'omaga-Allen (Marist St Pats)
2 Asafo Aumua (Avalon)
1 Tolu Fahamokioa (Tawa)

Reserves

16 Dane Coles (Poneke)
17 Sitiveni Paongo (Tawa)
18 Joel Hintz (Old Boys University)
19 Sam Lousi (Marist St Pats)
20 Galu Taufale (Poneke)
21 Carlos Price (Petone)
22 Thomas Umaga-Jensen (Wainuiomata)
23 Trent Renata (Oriental-Rongotai)

Kick-off is 7.35pm


... I hope. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
And Tasman thumped Hawkes Bay 29 0 to take top spot, in the meantime.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
Ted. wrote:
And Tasman thumped Hawkes Bay 29 0 to take top spot, in the meantime.


HB battled well in horrid weather but tried a bit too hard at times, pushing the pass, and were a bit unlucky with some refereeing decisions, whereas Tasman just knuckled down and played the patient game. The two old locks (both past 35) and Crockett were in their element.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4008
Location: Queensland!
Kiwias wrote:
Ted. wrote:
And Tasman thumped Hawkes Bay 29 0 to take top spot, in the meantime.


HB battled well in horrid weather but tried a bit too hard at times, pushing the pass, and were a bit unlucky with some refereeing decisions, whereas Tasman just knuckled down and played the patient game. The two old locks (both past 35) and Crockett were in their element.


Aging Team play boring tactics to defeat coolest team in the division :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:18 pm
Posts: 1282
Onya Tasman.......deserved home semi.......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15184
Location: Auckland, NZ, Earth
The merger of those two unions to create Tasman has to be the most successful merger ever. Tasman is tiny, yet they seem to always be up in the upper tier of teams.

Auckland will hate-fvck them though, come the final. I know the rest of the country will be supporting Auckland, since we all know Tasman is an offshot of the Evil Empire. If you can please buy a scarf or two directly from the ARFU to help support the minnows from Auckland. Thanks everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
Salient wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Ted. wrote:
And Tasman thumped Hawkes Bay 29 0 to take top spot, in the meantime.


HB battled well in horrid weather but tried a bit too hard at times, pushing the pass, and were a bit unlucky with some refereeing decisions, whereas Tasman just knuckled down and played the patient game. The two old locks (both past 35) and Crockett were in their element.


Aging Team play boring tactics to defeat coolest team in the division :nod:


Smart team play the tactics best suited to the weather while the youngsters don't know how to adapt. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Ngāti Porou East Coast Rugby :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
True Blue wrote:
The merger of those two unions to create Tasman has to be the most successful merger ever. Tasman is tiny, yet they seem to always be up in the upper tier of teams.

Auckland will hate-fvck them though, come the final. I know the rest of the country will be supporting Auckland, since we all know Tasman is an offshot of the Evil Empire. If you can please buy a scarf or two directly from the ARFU to help support the minnows from Auckland. Thanks everyone.



I'll certainly be supporting our northern brethren. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 4686
Location: NZ
If Canterbury can't win it (and they look a long shot) I will be backing the mighty Makos.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
JB1981 wrote:
If Canterbury can't win it (and they look a long shot) I will be backing the mighty Makos.


:thumbup: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Fifita over early - going into a monster head wind.

naki are going down...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Oh, naki over.

Ben Lam remains a dreadful cover defender. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1893
If Ben Lam wants to be an AB he needs to come up with a better tackle than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Bachop is ruining this fir the Lions. No clue on wet n windy rugby.

The halfback has to call the forwards in closer too. Trying to pass to far in this weather see the inevitable happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
Waka Nathan wrote:
If Ben Lam wants to be an AB he needs to come up with a better tackle than that.


Shag would not have liked the knock on either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
Ted. wrote:
Bachop is ruining this fir the Lions. No clue on wet n windy rugby.

The halfback has to call the forwards in closer too. Trying to pass to far in this weather see the inevitable happen.


A Wellington player not used to windy rugby?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Shocking penalty. Breakdown is a mess


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
Ted. wrote:
Shocking penalty. Breakdown is a mess


KNocked on by the Lions player and the Naki get a penalty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Ben Lam has never been AB material.

Welly are doing OK. This is a 14 point wind, at least. Not quite like the 500 point wind when Auckland beat naki on the same ground some years back. That was something else. Auckland lead 7-0 at HT going into the wind, and it was as good as 70-0. naki never looked like scoring in the 2nd half.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Kiwias wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Shocking penalty. Breakdown is a mess


KNocked on by the Lions player and the Naki get a penalty


He was trying to place it but there was yet another Naki body lying there. It's f**king frustrating watching the game get murdered .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Hauiti-Parapara is right. Oh, and Ted above...

naki getting away with murder here. Lying over the ball time and time again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Well done. Put away the stupid passes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1893
Jesse Parete certainly likes a good scrap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Ben-Nicholas over.

Auckland keeping Wellington's playoff hopes on track. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Nor does he know how to kick into the wind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 45272
Ted. wrote:
Well done. Put away the stupid passes.


Way too easy. Naki 6 never close to stopping him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 17966
Harbour looking done and dusted for the year... so rollover on Sunday, please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am
Posts: 1893
Ben-Nicholas looks a promising player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
Has the quality of anyone elses picture gone to shit?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8030
Location: Vandean Coast
Maybe you have rain fade on your satellite. Fine here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21761
deadduck wrote:
Maybe you have rain fade on your satellite. Fine here


It's better now. I'm on Vodafone TV, shouldn't be rain fade.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BokJock, brokerGObroke, danny_fitz, duke, earl the beaver, etherman, Gazzamonster, Google Adsense [Bot], Gospel, handyman, irishrugbyua, julian, Leinster in London, Liquid_Len, Lorthern Nights, Luckycharmer, Margin_Walker, normilet, ovalball, saffer13, Santa, sewa, tabascoboy, The Sun God, Working Class Rugger, youngsidd and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group