Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:51 am 

Only seen the aftermath, MacGregor was still shook by the time the guy attacked him, presumably he took a bad beating?

Those crazy f*cking Russians man... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 am 

Poor Conor, the victim...... #conortoo.... bless....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 am 

No big fan of McG but in this clip a corner man is throwing digs at him and then some loon jumps the fence and punches him in the back of the head, read t-shirt.

https://twitter.com/BryanWojtanik/statu ... 21921?s=09

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:03 am 

These Chechnyaian Muslims are crazy af

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:07 am 

Khabib must have been watching clips of Trevor Brennan.

A good few of his supporters got at Mcgregor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0vuaN ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by Stjudes on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:09 am 

Been a lot of rumours from Khabibs team that he would retire undefeated if he won. I’d say part of that maybe the reason he jumped the fence to attack Conor’s team.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:14 am 

Couch wrote:
These Chechnyaian Muslims are crazy af

*Chechen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 am 

MacGregor gets paid, Khabibs cheque withheld. There is going to be some serious internet business over this :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 am 

One angle seems to suggest it was McGregor who swung first at the guy in the ring (not before Khabib jumped out of the ring though).

https://twitter.com/christraco/status/1 ... 6925278208

I mean, the guy may well have initiated the conflict (and the guy in the red shirt seems keen to start some shit) but this makes it look like McGregor escalated things too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:25 am 

fitting end to a loosely termed "sport" , how people can follow this circus is beyond me, totally repugnant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:26 am 

:lol: Would you stop. Mcgregor has a right to be in the ring/cage thingy. The guy was going for him and has no right to.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:27 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
One angle seems to suggest it was McGregor who swung first at the guy in the ring (not before Khabib jumped out of the ring though).

https://twitter.com/christraco/status/1 ... 6925278208

I mean, the guy may well have initiated the conflict (and the guy in the red shirt seems keen to start some shit) but this makes it look like McGregor escalated things too.

At that point there was a full on brawl taking place outside the ring and the guy with the black gloves on was clearly looking to get to MacGregor, I doubt they will do anything about him possibly throwing the first punch at a guy who has approached him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:27 am 

grievous wrote:
fitting end to a loosely termed "sport" , how people can follow this circus is beyond me, totally repugnant

Human cock fighting. :thumbdown: x(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:28 am 

booji boy wrote:
grievous wrote:

Human cock fighting. :thumbdown: x(

The technical term is sweaty dick punching, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:29 am 

You can actually see the guy in the black gloves escaping from security who were trying to restrain him and get at MacGregor.

Red t-shirt man has got to get King Hit of the Year 2018.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:29 am 

Stjudes wrote:
:lol: Would you stop. Mcgregor has a right to be in the ring/cage thingy. The guy was going for him and has no right to.

Ok, Gorilla Monsoon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:33 am 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
You can actually see the guy in the black gloves escaping from security who were trying to restrain him and get at MacGregor.

Red t-shirt man has got to get King Hit of the Year 2018.

I presume those were two of the three people who got arrested (as they should be). But people talking about firing Khabib or stripping him are forgetting that McGregor got basically zero punishment for the dolly incident and got ACTUALLY zero punishment for jumping into a cage, slapping an official and pushing a ref.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:36 am 

No idea what Gorilla monsoon is. McG was in his right to throw a dig at a guy coming to attack him. You're completely right about the rest of it though.

ts sad that we can take a step back and laugh a bit but some of the fools there will get involved, beat up badly and not realized that two multimillionaires don't care that you are fighting for them on the street. And you have work in two days

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 am 

Stjudes wrote:
No idea what Gorilla monsoon is. McG was in his right to throw a dig at a guy coming to attack him. You're completely right about the rest of it though.

ts sad that we can take a step back and laugh a bit but some of the fools there will get involved, beat up badly and not realized that two multimillionaires don't care that you are fighting for them on the street. And you have work in two days

One day :frown:

Gorilla Monsoon was a pro wrestling commentator back in the day and "Would you stop" was one of his catch phrases.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 am 

Stjudes wrote:
No big fan of McG but in this clip a corner man is throwing digs at him and then some loon jumps the fence and punches him in the back of the head, read t-shirt.

https://twitter.com/BryanWojtanik/statu ... 21921?s=09

If the scumbag McGregor was in prison for his cowardly attack on the bus that kebab and his mates were in this would never have happened.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 am 

Ok lets hope Kabib doesnt retire back to the hills. Kabib Ferguson needs to happen next.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:07 am 

kabib live presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4stbYqXacY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 am 

Knackers gonna knack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 am 

JPNZ wrote:
Been a lot of rumours from Khabibs team that he would retire undefeated if he won. I’d say part of that maybe the reason he jumped the fence to attack Conor’s team.

He is going to get heavily fined and probably sued so as well as probably having some of his purse withheld when he finally gets paid. Maybe retirement is someway off.

A fight that had absolutely no reason for a rematch will now be made and the excuses for McGregor being owned will be lapped up by the faithful.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:35 am 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 am 

Khabib is a f-cking disgrace and so are his team.

I've liked the guy and admired him and supported him all the way but that was just inexcusable, and especially from that moron on his team who assaulted a beaten McGregor from behind.

I hate to say it, but it's such typical overly aggressive, idiotic, hyper-macho behavior that you tend to get from young men belonging to one particular voodoo cult.

They did neither themselves nor the UFC any favours at all. I literally wouldn't blame them if they went as far as stripping Khabib of the title.

Way to ruin your legacy you f-cking idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 am 

P.S. and the people excusing that behavior in this thread have no idea about the type of respect and behavior that is expected and proudly adhered to in most combat sports. Even Conor is known to lose with honor and humility. If you actually win, much more is expected. It was inexcusable and a disgrace.There's zero place for it.

We've all seen theatrics before, but that wasn't theatrics, that was real. That was the "champion" assaulting people in the crowd and his team-mates assaulting the beaten opponent. Kick the cvnt out. There's ZERO place for it and zero excuse for it.

Lost massive, massive respect for Khabib who was previously my favorite fighter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:59 am 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
P.S. and the people excusing that behavior in this thread have no idea about the type of respect and behavior that is expected and proudly adhered to in most combat sports. Even Conor is known to lose with honor and humility. It was inexcusable and a disgrace.There's zero place for it.

We've all seen theatrics before, but that wasn't theatrics, that was real. That was the "champion" assaulting people in the crowd and his team-mates assaulting the beaten opponent. Kick the cvnt out. There's ZERO place for it and zero excuse for it.

Nah, talking so much shit before the fight is just as disgraceful, it's just accepted as "part of the game" for some reason. Anyone who's that big of a plum deserves to get his ass whooped. Also there's no shame in fighting someone who's been insulting you non stop while hiding behind the "part of the game" mantra.

having said that fudge khabib, he's a plum of epic proportions, just as bad as Mcgregor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:59 am 

Mog The Almighty wrote:
P.S. and the people excusing that behavior in this thread have no idea about the type of respect and behavior that is expected and proudly adhered to in most combat sports. Even Conor is known to lose with honor and humility. If you actually win, much more is expected. It was inexcusable and a disgrace.There's zero place for it.

Are you forgetting what Conor did to the bus? Do you class that as good respect and behaviour?

Conor got his ass handed to him end of. Dana said in the post fight he won’t be banned, Conor didn’t press charges against Khabib team that attacked him either. There maybe a ban and or fine but the champion is still the champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 am 

Mog The Almighty wrote:

Lost massive, massive respect for Khabib who was previously my favorite fighter.

If this were an isolated incident, you'd have a point - but McGregor has done and gotten away with similar behaviour so there's not really any logical or moral grounds for the UFC firing Khabib. Of course, the UFC doesn't give a packet of fudge about logic or morals but there's also the reality that Khabib just got a shit ton more famous and marketable and they don't want to lose that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 am 

JPNZ wrote:
Mog The Almighty wrote:

Are you forgetting what Conor did to the bus? Do you class that as good respect and behaviour?

Conor got his ass handed to him end of. Dana said in the post fight he won’t be banned, Conor didn’t press charges against Khabib team that attacked him either. There maybe a ban and or fine but the champion is still the champion

What the f-ck are you talking about?

"Conor is an idiot too" is NOT a valid excuse. And did I say that Khabib didn't win? If you'd followed this thread or the other MMA threads, you'd know I am (was) a huge Khabib fan.

Regardless of who won and regardless of what Conor did, that was inexcusable behavior. It was totally classless, thuggish, uber-macho bullshit after you'd just won, that included at least two cases, and probably more, of assault, one from behind against a guy who just went four rounds with a death mauler. I don't give a flying f-ck what Conor "said" to him, and just quietly, I suspect to get him that fired up, it was probably something about Islam. But whatever it was, If Khabib's ego is so fragile that's how he responds to words after he just won a fight, then he's a f-cking idiot. And his team are even worse, leaping over the fence to attack the beaten opponent. That's just cowardly. It's totally unacceptable and there is zero excuse for it.

Go back and watch Conor's victories. He's respectful in victory and respectful in defeat. You simply can't take that away from him. Does he talk a lot of shit before the fight? Sure. That's very different. He always congratulates and shows respects to his opponents no matter what sort of shit-talk was going on before the fight.

Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 am 

FullbackAce wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Wtf was all that about? Who was the dude that jumped INTO the ring and went after McGregor?

It's about McGregor giving them so much shit before the fight and thinking they would understand it's just him promoting the fight and himself. They didn't get it so Kebab went after McGregors trainer and one of his mates took the opportunity to geta dig in as well.
I think that kebab geezer is one of those religious bods who says god willing all the time. I wouldn't try and mess with one of their heads
Yup, It's the same reason Georgia had so many fights during early years. Fact is as soon as you disrespect someone's family in Caucasus all rules are out the window, you are his enemy inside, UFC, Rugby etc. Promotional insults and things like that are just seen as cowardice and barbarism, duels on the other hand are seen as honorable and brave(although to westerners it looks like a stupid fight) Sports become irrelevant games when someone wants to split your face in two.

I really don't think mos people are going to get it. Just like most people don't get why some people go chicken oriental when they see the prophet Mohamed portrayed in cartoons.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:14 am 

In pro wrestling it's called the double turn where the hero becomes the heel and the heel becomes the hero.

will sell lots more PPV for the rematch.

UFC is losing what little credibility it has as a sport with this sort of shit though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:16 am 

Either the sport's full of scummers or it's as choreographed as professional wrestling. Either way they've made a joke of themselves again. And we'll have to go through all this nonsense again

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Wtf was all that about? Who was the dude that jumped INTO the ring and went after McGregor?

It's about McGregor giving them so much shit before the fight and thinking they would understand it's just him promoting the fight and himself. They didn't get it so Kebab went after McGregors trainer and one of his mates took the opportunity to geta dig in as well.
I think that kebab geezer is one of those religious bods who says god willing all the time. I wouldn't try and mess with one of their heads
Yup, It's the same reason Georgia had so many fights during early years. Fact is as soon as you disrespect someone's family in Caucasus all rules are out the window, you are his enemy inside, UFC, Rugby etc. Promotional insults and things like that are just seen as cowardice and barbarism, duels on the other hand are seen as honorable and brave(although to westerners it looks like a stupid fight) Sports become irrelevant games when someone wants to split your face in two.

I really don't think mos people are going to get it. Just like most people don't get why some people go chicken oriental when they see the prophet Mohamed portrayed in cartoons.

:roll: F-ck me, this is going to be good.

Please explain what there is to "get", apart from some knuckle-dragging moron has had his brain washed with voodoo and now takes violent offence at a scribble on a bit of paper.

What nuance is there about hoardes of people going apeshit about a cartoon that us fools "just don't get"? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:21 am 

Hopefully this spells the end of this obnoxious idiot and he will just go away and take his criminal supporters with him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:22 am 

alliswell wrote:
Either the sport's full of scummers or it's as choreographed as professional wrestling. Either way they've made a joke of themselves again. And we'll have to go through all this nonsense again

That was definitely not choreographed.

It's a tough sport, and a lot of the people who excel at it, come from very challenging and tough backgrounds and upbringings. "Scummers" if you like, but the vast majority of them manage to remain respectful in defeat, let alone in victory.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:23 am 

alliswell wrote:

If Kabib doesn't get banned and the title stripped then UFC loses any credibility as a serious sport. and its Pro-Wrestling for grownups.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:26 am 

ukjim wrote:
In pro wrestling it's called the double turn where the hero becomes the heel and the heel becomes the hero.

will sell lots more PPV for the rematch.

UFC is losing what little credibility it has as a sport with this sort of shit though.

I hardly watch UFC but what happened after that fight had nothing to do with selling tickets. You could tell when kebab went into the press conference he was shitting a brick about that the Nevada Athletic Commission are going to do to him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 am 

ukjim wrote:
alliswell wrote:

If Kabib doesn't get banned and the title stripped then UFC loses any credibility as a serious sport. and its Pro-Wrestling for grownups.

I largely agree unfortunately. Such a shame. I really liked Khabib. He was the cool-headed terminator who said little and let his mauling do the talking.

Now he just looks like another volatile, easily-offended, self righteous moron. As far as pro-wrestling for grownups goes, I guess if that's what it is, then it works, because I'd love to see him get flat-lined in his next fight after that disgrace. I suppose that's how pro-wrestling works.

But that was definitely not choreographed. Zero chance. That was a bunch of uncontrollably offended morons going ape-shit at the most inappropriate time, and with the world as witness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next