Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:14 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Yeah, apart from not having Mick Jagger trying to get into my pants, I'm just like Jerry Hall.

Well, old Rupe Murdoch is rooting her now.

So we all have that in common...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:23 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
I read an interview with Jerry Hall once and she told an interesting story. When she was 16 she took acid at a house party and found herself looking in a mirror. She was astonished at what she saw. She realised she was astonishingly beautiful and would be able to go to New York and have a life travelling the globe and marrying rich men.

I imagine you had a similar experience aged 16. You looked in the mirror and realised that you were cool beyond the bounds of ordinary mortals and this coolness would elevate you to a life in which you would know everything and tell us all about it.

We are in your service.

While I do believe that you spend your time reading interviews with ageing supermodels, it's a long walk to try to shoehorn that analogy into the thread.
But yeah, you got me, I did have a bit of an epiphany at age 16. Not realizing that I was astonishingly beautiful (I'd known that for years), but realizing that I didn't want some boring, traditional life with a regular job, a settled, predictable existence where I could tell you exactly where I would be in 20 years from now.

Yeah, apart from not having Mick Jagger trying to get into my pants, I'm just like Jerry Hall.

tbh, I thought that was a top burn. Made me laugh. But a pretty good response. kudos to you both. :thumbup: :lol:

And in case it needs reiterating, I do have big respect for what you do. We just don't see eye to eye on some shit.

C'est la vie.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm 

Turkey is cool, been 5 or 6 times, but not for about 10 years.

The locals are friendly, and the food is good. And at that time the Muslim thing wasn't a big deal apart from the morning calls from the mosque, which to my surprise, was situated right next to a pub.

Interesting historical sites too, old roman ruins, and the fire mountain where the Chimera was slain.....and they all knew about Gallipoli and were well surprised when I told them about Ataturk park in Wellington. Also don't charge for a visa if you have a Kiwi passport, but they do charge the Brits and Aussies.

I believe Erdogan is changing things though, and not for the better. The devalued lira should make holidays well worthwhile. Love to go back. Beautiful coast around Kemer and Tekirova.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:56 pm 

obelixtim wrote:
Turkey is cool, been 5 or 6 times, but not for about 10 years.

The locals are friendly, and the food is good. And at that time the Muslim thing wasn't a big deal apart from the morning calls from the mosque, which to my surprise, was situated right next to a pub.

Interesting historical sites too, old roman ruins, and the fire mountain where the Chimera was slain.....and they all knew about Gallipoli and were well surprised when I told them about Ataturk park in Wellington. Also don't charge for a visa if you have a Kiwi passport, but they do charge the Brits and Aussies.

I believe Erdogan is changing things though, and not for the better. The devalued lira should make holidays well worthwhile. Love to go back. Beautiful coast around Kemer and Tekirova.

I would love to hear that. It's one of the most beautiful sounds. I could easily wake up to that every day. Sane goes for Islamic architecture, I think it's amazing.

To be clear about my views on Islam (for the thousandth tine, not that anyone is listening), it's only the ardent adherence to an archaic doctrine and the dark aged shit that is packaged with it ... and more than that, "progressive" people doing acrobatic backdflips to defend it rather than condemn it, that I have an issue with. The predictable treatment of women as inferior happens to be one of them.

The benign cultural aspects I think are beautiful and diverse and sometimes awe inspiring.

Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 pm 

hermie wrote:
Ex of mine had a torrid time in Morocco. Think the phrase morning, noon and night was also involved. Pale, red hair, large norks probably counted against her.

Similar incident happened to my younger sister in Tunisia after their cruise ship docked. She was only about 14 at the time but tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. Herself and my mother went to a local market and the vendors were trying to drag her into their stores along with loads of whistling and staring. She ended up getting very upset until 2 dutch lads spotted what was happening and literally acted as bodyguards either side of her until they made it back to the ship

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5