Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 1135
Have seen this mentioned a lot over the years but never thought I needed it. What exactly does it give you? Old games or live stuff too? With pro 14 going to yet another subscription channel this year, I just can’t afford it all anymore...with sky, bt and this new one, it’s over £100 a month I’m paying just to follow my rugby team, mainly on just away games.
Can anyone provide an invite?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 19262
It's a library of torrents for a whole host of old matches as well as rugby related docs, podcasts etc. It's really worth signing up for imo.

I don't have any invites left though, sorry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3662
Location: Cuntsville. Population: 1
Matches generally don't appear until about 5 hours after they air. They're not live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30467
Location: Pigdogistan
I had an account for this a good few years ago and managed to download a few games. Have absolutely no idea of my login details now, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9478
Diego wrote:
I don't have any invites left though, sorry.


I do. Post up your email address, cubby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:52 am
Posts: 1819
Location: Spiritual Guardian
I've got some as well. Let me know anyone who wants one. (So long as you agree to leave your downloads up for others to download too).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17507
Location: Centre of the Universe
The only catch is that the old games / shows / etc are only 'available' so long as someone out there is seeding them. Best to download your preferred game soon after it goes up when many people will be seeding. (I was interested in a previous year's schools final or something similarly obscure and it sat in my torrent downloader for a year, I think, without any bit of it downloading before I gave up.)

And you must seed yourself, otherwise your download / upload ratio will get lopsided and you could be booted out as someone who doesn't 'share'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 1135
mr bungle wrote:
Diego wrote:
I don't have any invites left though, sorry.


I do. Post up your email address, cubby.



Cheers guys


Last edited by cubby boi on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 1135
I haven’t done torrents in a long time. Can this be done on an iPad these days?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 1135
Would they have obscure or relatively unpopular stuff on there such as say Connacht v Scarlets pro 14?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9478
cubby boi wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Diego wrote:
I don't have any invites left though, sorry.


I do. Post up your email address, cubby.



Cheers guys

Email:

sonnydog1509@gmail.com


Sent. Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16277
cubby boi wrote:
Would they have obscure or relatively unpopular stuff on there such as say Connacht v Scarlets pro 14?

Yes. As said above, though, if it hasn’t been uploaded recently you may be a while waiting for seeds. I’ve deleted most of the old games off my hard drive.

I’ve used it less and less recently as games tend to get posted on YouTube not long after final whistle, without the pain of waiting for a download, and post-game highlights packages are improving, especially when the thought of sitting through 80 minutes of Leinster away to Dragons during the 6N is less than appealing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 1135
mr bungle wrote:
cubby boi wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Diego wrote:
I don't have any invites left though, sorry.


I do. Post up your email address, cubby.



Cheers guys

Email:

sonnydog1509@gmail.com


Sent. Cheers.


Received, thanks Bungle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3206
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
Would be much appreciated if anyone could send me an invite for this? Struggling to keep up with matches with the time difference. Cheers :)

If anyone has a spare one my email is jmc_elholm@hotmail.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2334
yeah i've long lost my account there too and could use it while im away for a while. if anyone can send a spare invite.

inkrediblenz@gmail.com

Ta.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5459
sonic_attack wrote:
yeah i've long lost my account there too and could use it while im away for a while. if anyone can send a spare invite.

inkrediblenz@gmail.com

Ta.


El Homerino wrote:
Would be much appreciated if anyone could send me an invite for this? Struggling to keep up with matches with the time difference. Cheers :)

If anyone has a spare one my email is jmc_elholm@hotmail.com


On its way to you both


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2334
kiwinoz wrote:
sonic_attack wrote:
yeah i've long lost my account there too and could use it while im away for a while. if anyone can send a spare invite.

inkrediblenz@gmail.com

Ta.


El Homerino wrote:
Would be much appreciated if anyone could send me an invite for this? Struggling to keep up with matches with the time difference. Cheers :)

If anyone has a spare one my email is jmc_elholm@hotmail.com


On its way to you both



Cheers,

It's giving an error.
Quote:
Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator. This is a temporary situation and you will be able to register at a later date. Pls check back in a few days.


I'll do as it says and try later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5459
El Homerino - it says you already have an invite - so you should be Ok.

Sonic if it is still an issue let me know and will retry.

Still have a few invites left for anyone else


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3206
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
kiwinoz wrote:
El Homerino - it says you already have an invite - so you should be Ok.

Sonic if it is still an issue let me know and will retry.

Still have a few invites left for anyone else


cheers mate :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5459
No worries. As they say if you do download a game make sure you seed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3206
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
El Homerino wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
El Homerino - it says you already have an invite - so you should be Ok.

Sonic if it is still an issue let me know and will retry.

Still have a few invites left for anyone else


cheers mate :)


Not sure how I can access my invite? There is nothing in my emails about it :((


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5682
Anyone with another invite? I miss too many matches due to work and the highlights packages are crap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10903
Location: EU
a free alternative (mainly US sports but plenty of rugby too)

https://www.sport-video.org.ua/

Btw registrations to ATT seem to be closed atm, according to their forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Across the Tasman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9478
feckwanker wrote:
Anyone with another invite? I miss too many matches due to work and the highlights packages are crap.


I think I’ve got some left.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alba, BBC 2, Bing [Bot], Clive, CrazyIslander, Diego, Hawaiian_shirts_rule, Idle_Wild, inactionman, Jeff the Bear, LandOTurk, Leinster in London, Macsimus, PornDog, Ramming Speed, Rinkals, sockwithaticket, spookly, Still Not Playing and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group