Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:10 pm 

Very good KidA, you are the gif king.

Might you have one of the Wood hit? I think actually that was the most dangerous one.

Last edited by YOYO on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:11 pm 

YOYO wrote:

Might you have one of the Woods hit? I think actually that was the most dangerous one.

I think that's the 2nd one in the montage there. Unless there was another Woods hit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:13 pm 

Kid A wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Might you have one of the Woods hit? I think actually that was the most dangerous one.

I think that's the 2nd one in the montage there. Unless there was another Woods hit.

I’m an impatient blind cnut. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:16 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
Kid A wrote:

As I said at the time, if you pretend to have had a head knock, you should be treated as if you did.

I recall Pape doing a similar thing at about the same time. Went down as if pole axed when pushed in the face, then was fine once the player had been red carded.

To avoid any doubt, the Sexton incident was a clear yellow, the Pape a clear red for the offending players.

Pretend to have a head knock?

Are we watching a different GIF? His head hits the ground. You don't have to be concussed to have a sore head, you know?

Sexton does give it loads but he did actually get a bang to the head there.

I'm guessing none of these flowers have ever taken a knock to the head and don't realise there can be a delayed reaction

*edit* I'm not saying sexton definitely isn't faking I'm just saying there is no proof he is

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:41 pm 

I must admit, I used to love smashing fly halves late, almost never got pinged for it. A shoulder barge like that though, reasonably blatant.

it used to please me greatly seeing some weedy FH step further and further back and start looking a me rather than the ball, hopefully enough that on a cold wet day he'd knock the ball on or slice a kick. I'd then ruffle their hair and say 'bad luck old chap' or similar docile words to that effect.

best of all would be if you'd annoy the FH so much he'd do an ineffectual gay slap at you, and give away a penalty for foul play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:47 pm 

MrJonno wrote:

I'm guessing none of these flowers have ever taken a knock to the head and don't realise there can be a delayed reaction

:thumbup:

You don't even need contact to the head to get a concussion. The brain can be tossed about inside (it's kinda just floating in there) and be damaged from whiplash, intense rotation and those who've suffered several concussions are more susceptible.

I had a 14 year old just run into me at training once. Somewhat blindsided and didn't fall. I've had at least three significant concussions, and though this kid made no contact with my head, the jarring action left me with a massive headache for a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:47 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Tecumseh wrote:

Cardiff ball carrier was red carded last week

Who was that?

Was Edinburgh, not Cardiff. Schoeman.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:48 pm 

backrow wrote:
I must admit, I used to love smashing fly halves late, almost never got pinged for it. A shoulder barge like that though, reasonably blatant.

it used to please me greatly seeing some weedy FH step further and further back and start looking a me rather than the ball, hopefully enough that on a cold wet day he'd knock the ball on or slice a kick. I'd then ruffle their hair and say 'bad luck old chap' or similar docile words to that effect.

best of all would be if you'd annoy the FH so much he'd do an ineffectual gay slap at you, and give away a penalty for foul play.

I'd have f**king knocked you out sunshine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:54 pm 

Well Jeff I'm impressed:

- The Swarm frothing
- Kiwis and the Swarm united
- Kid A's .gif montage
- Opinions varying between a red card (no seriously) and Sexton's faking it

Top work :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:54 pm 

slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

no ways, Greystoke - FH's can't fight for shit.
you'd be a step futher back and a step further out, worried about breaking a nail, and giving your 3/4 a shit service. there is a difference between getting hit slightly late, and a cheap shot - I wasn't a cheap shot merchant. actually, even better than hitting the, just after they have passed, is nailing them in possession, especially if you make them knock on.

the FH's who took it well were the ninjas who would take the bumps then 3rd or 4th time around cut inside you and make 50m without blinking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:58 pm 

backrow wrote:
slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

you'd be a step futher back and a step further out, worried about breaking a nail, and giving your 3/4 a shit service. there is a difference between getting hit slightly late, and a cheap shot - I wasn't a cheap shot merchant. actually, even better than hitting the, just after they have passed, is nailing them in possession, especially if you make them knock on.

the FH's who took it well were the ninjas who would take the bumps then 3rd or 4th time around cut inside you and make 50m without blinking.

Sounds more of a wish list than a reality my flat footed friend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:59 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Well Jeff I'm impressed:

- The Swarm frothing
- Kid A's .gif montage

I can't take any of the credit. This isn't about me, this is about Ross Moriarty...not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:03 pm 

slick wrote:
backrow wrote:
slick wrote:
backrow wrote:

Sounds more of a wish list than a reality my flat footed friend.

nopes, o sliver fox - back in the day I had electric pace for a forward, and regularly played in the Centres or wing (think Tom Croft or James Forrester, only less brittle). Zero jinkiness side steps though, hence could get sidestepped way too easily if someone cut back in like a shortarse coward mofo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:43 pm 

Moriarty knew what he was doing on the pitch and has no fvcking clue what he's doing off it judging by those comments

After 4 pages, no one has picked up on why Sexton went down like a lead balloon.

Just look at the exact instant when Moriarty shoulder charges him .... Sextons essentially in mid stride and the leg that is about to support his full body weight is just about to hit the ground ..... in comes Moriarty and hits him full force around the shoulder level ...... leaving an off balance sexton to swing violently down like a pendulum and smack his face off the ground.

Moriarty was a tad unlucky that he caught sexton off balance ...... because otherwise it would just have been a stupid late hit leading to a penno and nothing more.

How anyone can say Sexton milked it, is beyond me ...... the welsh mongs are really laughable at this stage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Moriarty knew what he was doing on the pitch and has no fvcking clue what he's doing off it judging by those comments

After 4 pages, no one has picked up on why Sexton went down like a lead balloon.

Just look at the exact instant when Moriarty shoulder charges him .... Sextons essentially in mid stride and the leg that is about to support his full body weight is just about to hit the ground ..... in comes Moriarty and hits him full force around the shoulder level ...... leaving an off balance sexton to swing violently down like a pendulum and smack his face off the ground.

Moriarty was a tad unlucky that he caught sexton off balance ...... because otherwise it would just have been a stupid late hit leading to a penno and nothing more.

How anyone can say Sexton milked it, is beyond me ...... the welsh mongs are really laughable at this stage

Was about to post something similar. Moriarty blindsided Sexton during that fraction of a second when a runner's feet are both off the ground. Sexton had nothing to brace against even if he'd been aware it was coming, so down he went like a poleaxed steer. A millisecond earlier or later and Sexton would have kept his feet and probably been awarded a pen at worst.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:07 pm 

I doubt Moriarty has looked at the video to realise why he was carded.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:07 pm 

Give over - Sexton is a huge fanny that alwways milks any contact to con refs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:12 pm 

CM11 wrote:
I doubt Moriarty has looked at the video to realise why he was carded.

Spot on. He hasn't looked at it before he gave those comments - mysetery solved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:13 pm 

P in VG wrote:
Give over - Sexton is a huge fanny that alwways milks any contact to con refs

He's actually far from being a big fanny, and is one of the bravest 10s in the game. I think he has milked things in the past, but I'm fairly sure that he didn't in this case, where he went down instantly and without any drama.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:17 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
sewa wrote:
FFS, he went down like my ex

Unconscious?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:00 pm 

Quote:
“A lot of those tackles are probably borderline," said Sexton, who confirmed that the hit on the shoulder he suffered against Wasps had cleared up and that he would be ready to face Clermont in the European semis on Sunday week.

“In the referee’s eyes, they were committed (to the tackle). You’ve got to trust that the refs will keep an eye on them.

There will be times you will stay down to make sure people have a look.

“To suggest that you’re staying down to milk it, or whatever, isn’t the case.

Can’t believe he even admits to fakely staying down to milk it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:10 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
Quote:
“A lot of those tackles are probably borderline," said Sexton, who confirmed that the hit on the shoulder he suffered against Wasps had cleared up and that he would be ready to face Clermont in the European semis on Sunday week.

“In the referee’s eyes, they were committed (to the tackle). You’ve got to trust that the refs will keep an eye on them.

I don't think he says he fakes staying down I think he says he does it. If you think he is actually levitating and not on the ground you have more faith in his super powers than even the most one-eyed of Leinster fanbois.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 pm 

MrJonno wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Quote:

I don't think he says he fakes staying down I think he says he does it. If you think he is actually levitating and not on the ground you have more faith in his super powers than even the most one-eyed of Leinster fanbois.

So we agree, he admits to play staying down to get a penalty, or worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:34 pm 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Well Jeff I'm impressed:

- The Swarm frothing
- Kid A's .gif montage

I can't take any of the credit. This isn't about me, this is about Ross Moriarty...not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 pm 

rfurlong wrote:

Moriarty reminds me somewhat off a young Andy Powell. Just a complete and utter meathead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:46 pm 

I do really wish the Dublin based World Rugby would make a statement to those simulators over playing injury.

I’m sure they’re on top of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
I do really wish the Dublin based World Rugby would make a statement to those simulators over playing injury.

And just when you're thinking that a thread has run it's course

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Yourmother wrote:

And just when you're thinking that a thread has run it's course

;)

Irish too scared to touch this thread now, no thanks to you. They always know when they’re wrong and have over defended something Irish for the sake of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:47 pm 

Yourmother wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
Quote:

So we agree, he admits to play staying down to get a penalty, or worse.

I hope this isn't your first language

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:56 pm 

What should Moriarty have done? It looked like he was just starting to dip to tackle Sexton when Sexton passed and RM then steps off his left leg to alter his running direction to go with play. He braces his arm\shoulder against the inevitable collision with JS.

I can't see what else he could have done. If JS had held on to the ball RM would undoubtedly have tackled him, so contact was unavoidable in that short frame of time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:00 pm 

Tried using his arms would have been a good start.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

Late tackle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 pm 

fatcat wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Late tackle.

No, late shoulder charge. To be a tackle the arms need to wrap. Also blindside.

A very naughty boy, who got what he deserved.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 pm 

Can't we all agree that Sexton and Moriarty are both bell ends?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:30 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:

One is probably in the top 5 creative players in the game, the other a thug.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:35 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

One is probably in the top 5 creative players in the game, the other a thug.

So I will take that as a vote for "No" then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:03 am 

Didn’t the knob also try to choke out Sanchis in a match against Argentina?

Stop digging Ross :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 am 

rfurlong wrote:
Didn’t the knob also try to choke out Sanchis in a match against Argentina?

Stop digging Ross :lol:

Outrageous slander! He was just giving him a cwtch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:05 am 

He was couch-shunting him, you say? Well that changes everything. It was a crime of passion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:18 am 

camroc1 wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

One is probably in the top 5 creative players in the game, the other is Sexton.

Ok, I'll go for that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next